PDA

View Full Version : Severe Weather Possible Today

starkvegasdawg
02-15-2016, 09:47 AM
The area in blue will possibly/probably be under a tornado watch later today as daytime heating starts to work its magic. But, as you can see from the second image, severe weather will be possible up into east central MS which includes the Starkville area. Currently, a line of storms is crossng the river into MS. They will be along the I-55 corridor in the next 60-90 minutes.

This is not expected to be a big outbreak by any stretch of the imagination but you do need to stay a little weather aware today - especially if you live south of Jackson. The further south you live, the greater the chance of seeing a possible quick spin up tornado.

http://i.imgur.com/g6V5dtb.jpg

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/images/fxc/jan/graphicast/image1.gif

archdog
02-15-2016, 10:15 AM
Need an update. All images are broken.

starkvegasdawg
02-15-2016, 10:29 AM
The line is now well into west MS. There are thunderstorms in Japser and Smith counties in MS and in LA just SW of Natchez. The one in Smith county may be showing some weak rotation but nothing to be concerned about at this time. The main line in west MS will continue to move NE at approx. 35mph with some embedded cells moving up to 50mph. Still looking like a low end event, but 1 or 2 weak tornadoes are possible today in the southern 1/3 of the state.

slickdawg
02-15-2016, 10:59 AM
There's a pretty good hail core just north of Port Gibson, headed towards Utica. If it stays on path, Byram then Brandon, but that's a long way off.

starkvegasdawg
02-15-2016, 11:01 AM
Storm has also shown some weak rotation off and on as well. About 15 minutes ago it wound up pretty good and then weakened.

Tornado watch in effect until 6:00PM for basically areas along and south of a Natchez to Jackson, to Columbus line.

Those images are showing for me I posted. Are they broken for everybody else?

starkvegasdawg
02-15-2016, 12:10 PM
Tornado warning in effect until noon. Includes Jackson metro.

starkvegasdawg
02-15-2016, 12:14 PM
New tornado warning now includes Madison county.

DownwardDawg
02-15-2016, 01:44 PM
Hearing there is one headed toward Magee?????

starkvegasdawg
02-15-2016, 02:01 PM
There is a monster that will go between Magee and Mendenhall. If you know anybody in that area tell them to take cover immediately. Storm will be much closer to Mendenhall.

Really Clark?
02-15-2016, 02:07 PM
Tornado touched down in Wesson

starkvegasdawg
02-15-2016, 02:22 PM
That storm looks to have weakened the last 15 minutes or so. Will have to be watched to see if it cycles back up again. It is still tornado warned and a dangerous storm so it does not need to be taken lightly. Just not the behemoth it was a little bit ago.