PDA

View Full Version : Curb your enthusiasm... the UMiss Ginny Pigs will not be euthanized.

AlmostPositive
02-14-2016, 11:25 PM
And we shouldn't want them to be.

What we want is for them to be scrutinized like a sex offender at a petting zoo. For years.

Freeze was brought in to oversee (a/k/a overlook) a systematic cheating scheme. This is pretty obvious. No matter what happens with the current NOA, they can't do it anymore.

After this, if they get caught slipping a kid fifty bucks Vaught Hemingway will be unused for the next 160 Saturdays.

I would much rather see Freeze and Co try to field a competitive team without paying for players.

Freeze has been unmasked and neutered, Ole Miss has lost the public perception game, and at the very least they will be shorthanded for the next four years, possibly crippled if the high end of scholarship reductions is imposed.

I have a hunch the NCAA is going to ram a hot poker up UM's backside, but I won't be disappointed with whatever happens. The playing field has already been leveled. The last time that was true we took three straight Egg Bowl trophies home.

Political Hack
02-14-2016, 11:39 PM
The NCAA is going for one of two major sanctions IMO, possibly both. One being LOIC and the other being a Head Coach show cause. Freeze is the only head coach left of the 3 sports implicated in the NOA. Track gone, WBB gone, but football remains? Seems to me like they're cannibalizing themselves to save Freezus.

BeardoMSU
02-14-2016, 11:42 PM
they're cannibalizing themselves to save Freezus.

Football is king, after all...

SDDawg
02-15-2016, 12:24 AM
Freeze gone. That's why the masses are going apeshit.

PassInterference
02-15-2016, 12:27 AM
Assume for now, OM gets hit fairly hard. Like 20 scholarships over 4 years.

Y'all know how Freeze likes to deflect blame and throw others under the bus, right... Can't wait to hear his reaction.

BeardoMSU
02-15-2016, 12:34 AM
Y'all know how Freeze likes to deflect blame and throw others under the bus, right...
His "Judas", perhaps?

Todd4State
02-15-2016, 01:10 AM

Y'all know how Freeze likes to deflect blame and throw others under the bus, right... Can't wait to hear his reaction.

Could get entertaining based on how Ole Miss has treated their past coaches to the point where bridges are completely burned like Orgeron and Nutt.

Todd4State
02-15-2016, 01:13 AM
I don't want them to get the death penalty to be honest. I want them to be racked with probation so badly that we destroy them 70-0 in football every year and that a win over Northwestern State is considered the season highlight for them.

BeardoMSU
02-15-2016, 01:21 AM
that we destroy them 70-0

Never happen; Mullen would pull the starters early in the 3rd****

TrapGame
02-15-2016, 08:34 AM
I don't want them to get the death penalty to be honest. I want them to be racked with probation so badly that we destroy them 70-0 in football every year and that a win over Northwestern State is considered the season highlight for them.

And then Maine beats them in a nail biter.**

jumbo
02-15-2016, 08:58 AM

That doesn't matter. If it happened on your watch, you are responsible unless you can undoubtedly prove that the HC was not involved in any way.

TrapGame
02-15-2016, 09:49 AM
That doesn't matter. If it happened on your watch, you are responsible unless you can undoubtedly prove that the HC was not involved in any way.

And that's what om fans I know can't grasp. Even if it was one or two assist. coaches under Freeze it's his show and he is ultimately responsible. You can't say it was all on asst. coaches anymore. The NCAA has sewn that loophole shut.

Lumpy Chucklelips
02-15-2016, 10:21 AM
And we shouldn't want them to be.

What we want is for them to be scrutinized like a sex offender at a petting zoo. For years.

Freeze was brought in to oversee (a/k/a overlook) a systematic cheating scheme. This is pretty obvious. No matter what happens with the current NOA, they can't do it anymore.

After this, if they get caught slipping a kid fifty bucks Vaught Hemingway will be unused for the next 160 Saturdays.

I would much rather see Freeze and Co try to field a competitive team without paying for players.

Freeze has been unmasked and neutered, Ole Miss has lost the public perception game, and at the very least they will be shorthanded for the next four years, possibly crippled if the high end of scholarship reductions is imposed.

I have a hunch the NCAA is going to ram a hot poker up UM's backside, but I won't be disappointed with whatever happens. The playing field has already been leveled. The last time that was true we took three straight Egg Bowl trophies home.

You are correct. I see these prospects tweet out they have been offered by so and so school; blessed to have been offered by Minnesota Tech, etc.

When I see somebody post about UNM, I automatically think that offer is tainted. And without implicating the kid directly, I think, will/ would this kid have become their next "paid employee" by the next signing date.

20 years ago someone would get put on probation and after several months went by the only people that remembered were those fans that had a direct link to that program....rival fans or another team in their conference, etc. People just didn't have the avenues to put news like this in front of everyone.

Everyone remember that SMU got the death penalty because it was major news in that day and time. But do you remember that during this same time period that Texas A&M, Oklahoma St, Illinois and Oklahoma all went on probation over one player that they all were recruiting?

With the avenues we have today with the way social media is, news of UNM doom will be plastered out there for the entire world to see to the point it won't have a chance to be forgotten. And it will be brought up and rehashed over and over again.

Taog Redloh
02-15-2016, 10:37 AM
Agree, and it reminds me Gene Chizik. Bring in the guy with the saintly image who would not ask questions. However, in Freeze's case, he could actually coach, and he's smart enough to know how to look away. I really think Chizik was dumb enough to think Auburn was not cheating, although they had gone beyond desperate with Alabama on the rise. Similar to Ole Miss' situation in 2011.