PDA

View Full Version : NOA release imminent?

starkvegasdawg
02-14-2016, 01:27 PM
Daniel Pauling tweeted it should come early Monday due to a FOIA request.

engie
02-14-2016, 01:29 PM
Daniel Pauling tweeted it should come early Monday due to a FOIA request.

Yeah right. He'll get the same thing Steve got...

mstatefan91
02-14-2016, 01:29 PM
Yeah... he should ask Rosebowl how that worked out.

"Durh, we're sorry Mr. Rosey, but we just don't have it in our physical possession. We tried real real hard. We promise. It is in a locked down safe in Alabama until everyone who is listed can make it to Alabama and see it. Unless you have the combination... uhhh no luck."

AlmostPositive
02-14-2016, 01:31 PM
If the bear brain trust decides to cave Monday, it will just be a step in their grief negotiations. Or maybe just a concession that hiding what has to come out soon anyway just looks like consciousness of guilt.

In the meantime, don't be surprised if Lucy pulls the football back and Charlie Brown whiffs one more time.

starkvegasdawg
02-14-2016, 01:33 PM
He also said Bjork doubled down on Wenzel not being tied to the investigation but had no comment on Vaughn

Coach34
02-14-2016, 01:33 PM
Trolled

C222
02-14-2016, 01:35 PM
Are OM fans behind these troll attempts?

Jack Lambert
02-14-2016, 01:50 PM
FRom what Mat Wyatt said once ole miss turned the NOA over to their lawyers it was out of their hands and have no responsiblilty to do anythng else.

thf24
02-14-2016, 01:54 PM
Could someone FOIA request it from Texas? Pretty sure I saw that they have a copy, hence the Vaughn firing.

Op4isabitch
02-14-2016, 01:58 PM
FYI: that Daniel Pauling account is a Troll account. Funny as hell but not real.

The real Bear lover is spelled Paulling.

Op4isabitch
02-14-2016, 02:02 PM
On a side note, I just listened to Gary Parish's Friday afternoon podcast and Dan Wolken said the Bears are Shady and so,are the Bear friendly media. Insinuated what we all know and that is that the Bears are using their friends in the local media to try to spin this as no big deal.

I just thought it was great that a national sports writer said the exact words, "They are shady".

Dawg496
02-14-2016, 03:42 PM
Could someone FOIA request it from Texas? Pretty sure I saw that they have a copy, hence the Vaughn firing.

I sent a FOIA request to UT on Friday. Let's see what happens there.

msstate7
02-14-2016, 03:48 PM

Please get lucky and get it. If you get it, upload it here and watch om fans melt like Chernobyl

BrunswickDawg
02-14-2016, 03:58 PM
What is TX law on turn around for that?

nicks_hammer
02-14-2016, 04:08 PM
look at this site https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/og/how-to-request-public-information

Dawg496
02-14-2016, 04:22 PM
Please get lucky and get it. If you get it, upload it here and watch om fans melt like Chernobyl

Well they have to respond either way, so let's see what they say.

What is TX law on turn around for that?

"The university must "promptly" produce the public information. There is often a misconception that the Act requires copies of public information be produced within ten (10) days upon receipt of the written request. The act states that all requests must be handled with good faith and must be accomplished within a reasonable time period. What is considered reasonable and prompt will vary depending on the number of documents sought by the requestor. In certain circumstances, the records can be produced in less than ten days. However, requests for a substantial number of documents may take several weeks to produce. If it will take the university longer than ten business days to produce the records, the university must certify that fact in writing to the requestor. In the notice, the university must indicate a set date and hour within a reasonable time that the information will be made available for inspection or duplication."

look at this site https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/og/how-to-request-public-information

Thanks, also https://www.utsystem.edu/open-records & http://www.utexas.edu/business/vp/open_records.html

Gordon Gekko
02-14-2016, 05:02 PM
FRom what Mat Wyatt said once ole miss turned the NOA over to their lawyers it was out of their hands and have no responsiblilty to do anythng else.

Can someone that knows FOIA law speak to this? It sounds absurd that a public entity can give their legal team a document and it magically is not subject to FOIA. You could get out of ANY FOIA request by doing that.

Now if there is something in FOIA saying that you don't have to provide documents to the public during an ongoing investigation I could see that. But I gave it to my lawyer so your out of luck seems absurd.

Political Hack
02-14-2016, 05:06 PM
Can someone that knows FOIA law speak to this? It sounds absurd that a public entity can give their legal team a document and it magically is not subject to FOIA. You could get out of ANY FOIA request by doing that.

Now if there is something in FOIA saying that you don't have to provide documents to the public during an ongoing investigation I could see that. But I gave it to my lawyer so your out of luck seems absurd.

I don't know MS FOIA, but this would not protect a federal FOIA request based on the law. They could ask the court to waive the FOIA request, which can be done.

Jack Lambert
02-14-2016, 07:03 PM

I don't know but I was just saying what Matt said. One thing I do know is when they relese the letter they can black out what they want.

RougeDawg
02-14-2016, 07:12 PM
IMO the longer they stall the shadier they are beginning to be perceived by more and more entities. They are getting hammered pretty good either way you look at it. If it were minor they wouldn't be diverting and coaches heads rolling. It is serious and in most cases it's best to get ahead of things and prevent as much damage as possible. Their problems are rooted in them being able to thwart divert deflect and avoid sanctions for decades and they are trying to use this tactic now. Problem is the NCAA has indisputable evidence and a ton of it. The network can't weasel their way out of this one. If it were my university I'd want it out and try to look like you are truly ready to start your punishment. The stalling and stonewalling can only be a negative on the eventual outcome.

starkvegasdawg
02-14-2016, 07:37 PM
IMO the longer they stall the shadier they are beginning to be perceived by more and more entities. They are getting hammered pretty good either way you look at it. If it were minor they wouldn't be diverting and coaches heads rolling. It is serious and in most cases it's best to get ahead of things and prevent as much damage as possible. Their problems are rooted in them being able to thwart divert deflect and avoid sanctions for decades and they are trying to use this tactic now. Problem is the NCAA has indisputable evidence and a ton of it. The network can't weasel their way out of this one. If it were my university I'd want it out and try to look like you are truly ready to start your punishment. The stalling and stonewalling can only be a negative on the eventual outcome.
After Tunsil Bucky may be a little hesitant to try and get out ahead of things.

Political Hack
02-14-2016, 07:58 PM
There's apparently stuff in the NOA that's incredibly damning or else they'd let it go. No point in hiding it unless they think they're going to somehow get off without it becoming public knowledge. I don't see that happening at this point, but the longer they drag this out, the more fun it becomes for everyone else. Instead of taking it like a man, they're slowly ripping the band aid off. It's still going to hurt!