PDA

View Full Version : Is there any way Newman leaves early?

Tbonewannabe
02-13-2016, 10:39 PM
Q is the better player right now in pretty much every way. I would be surprised if he was even drafted.

MidTNDawg
02-13-2016, 10:44 PM
I do not know if he leaves early, but if he does I don't believe it will be to the NBA.

Coach34
02-13-2016, 10:48 PM
he will end up in the D-League if he does- he simply isnt ready and needs another year

Bucky Dog
02-13-2016, 10:50 PM
No

RC3
02-13-2016, 10:50 PM
Doesn't need to at all. His game is lacking in all aspects. Needs another year. But he may choose to get that needed development in the d league

Harrydawg
02-13-2016, 10:51 PM
No way, Q is a great freshman but no way he leave early for the NBA. He could be an extremely good player for us the next 2 years

Schultzy
02-13-2016, 10:58 PM
I think RC3 is a D league poster.

mstatefan91
02-13-2016, 11:02 PM
No way, Q is a great freshman but no way he leave early for the NBA. He could be an extremely good player for us the next 2 years

I think you confused yourself.

RC3
02-13-2016, 11:08 PM
I think RC3 is a D league poster.

do we know each other?

RougeDawg
02-13-2016, 11:10 PM
Better chance of C34 giving Stans a comment than Malik going pro.

Howboutdemdogs
02-13-2016, 11:12 PM
From what I saw tonight, he needs to learn both sides of the game. He needs to work on fundamentals and defense. He is still adjusting to the speed of the competition in college and SEC.

Schultzy
02-13-2016, 11:19 PM
do we know each other?

I only know you from yor crappy posts.

RC3
02-13-2016, 11:21 PM
I only know you from yor crappy posts.

what was crappy about my post?? the kid needs another year (actually probably needs more than that tbh). he may choose to do that at MSU, he may choose to move on..so what?

Coach34
02-13-2016, 11:25 PM
ok guys- stay on topic

mstatefan91
02-13-2016, 11:26 PM
Malik is not ready. Point. Blank. Period.

Schultzy
02-13-2016, 11:43 PM
what was crappy about my post?? the kid needs another year (actually probably needs more than that tbh). he may choose to do that at MSU, he may choose to move on..so what?

You're right, got confused in here somewhere, had a few on sat night, hope he comes back too he needs it and if he does we could make the tournament next year.

MarketingBully
02-13-2016, 11:59 PM
All I know is that Howland is a bad ass coach who knows a lot about basketball and how to teach it. Once the seniors leave and we get in the higher IQ players to join Holman, Q, and Malik we will be infinitely better. We will also be better once we replace the Hump court with a permanent court which will cut back on our injuries we have had the past 10-12 years thanks to LT being cheap. We are getting a new court this summer which will be ready for the 2016-2017 season. Heck, we don't even practice in the Hump because of the shitty court. I am so glad we have Howland. He is going to take us further then any coach before him. Book it.

sbcmortgageman
02-14-2016, 07:27 AM
The thing is, the nba knows how talented he is and knows he's playing outta position. He didn't just lose his talent from when they evaluated him in HS. Don't look for him to come back for a couple reasons that I won't share on the board. He's prolly still a one and done at is point.

somebodyshotmypaw
02-14-2016, 08:19 AM
Is there any way Newman leaves early?

Absolutely there is a way. He doesn't need to leave early. He shouldn't leave early. But he makes that decision. Carter Holmes could apply for the draft if he wanted to. Doesn't mean he gets drafted. Newman should stay, but to answer the question of "is there any way that Newman leave early?". The answer is an absolute yes. There is a way that it happens.

defiantdog
02-14-2016, 08:56 AM
The real question is.... If he stays where does he play next year? I think Peters will out shine him at point.

maroonmania
02-14-2016, 10:16 AM
The thing is, the nba knows how talented he is and knows he's playing outta position. He didn't just lose his talent from when they evaluated him in HS. Don't look for him to come back for a couple reasons that I won't share on the board. He's prolly still a one and done at is point.

How is he playing out of position? He's splitting pretty much equal time at this point between the 1 and the 2 so he's definitely playing his projected NBA position a decent amount of time. He definitely won't be a 3.

War Machine Dawg
02-14-2016, 11:05 AM
No way in hell he should go. Will he? Wouldn't be surprised either way.

RiverCityDawg
02-14-2016, 12:03 PM
A part of me hates that we have to have this thread after every game. I know everyone here wishes he was was he was billed to be, but he just isn't. Not even close. He clearly needs to stay in college for the foreseeable future. And that isn't said with selfish desires of wanting him back next year, because honestly he hasn't shown anything we shouldn't be able to easily replace. As a Bulldog, I'm pulling for things to work out for him, but his camp (incl Howland) has set it up for this discussion to be had. In retrospect I'm sure they wish they would have tempered the hype instead of feed it. Nevermind being a one-and-done or NBA player at all, he needs to focus on trying to be a consistently good college player.