PDA

View Full Version : Friday can't get here soon enough

msstate7
02-13-2016, 09:45 PM
I only care about 2 basketball games from here out: Ole miss and the last game of the year... Ready to get rid of this senior class. After our last game, there will only be one ray player (ready) left

Please Hudson throw a gem and get a win on Friday.

Coach34
02-13-2016, 09:59 PM
Newman and his 7 points on 2-8 shooting...somebody better help him see the light and keep him out of the D-League

MafiaDawg
02-13-2016, 10:03 PM
There are 5 games left. At this point Newman is what he is for all those people saying that he needs to get it together this season. It ain't happening. Very disappointed in this season but Q is a very pleasant surprise. To be honest, I expected Newman to be as good as Q is and Q to be about where Newman is.

msstate7
02-13-2016, 10:06 PM
There are 5 games left. At this point Newman is what he is for all those people saying that he needs to get it together this season. It ain't happening. Very disappointed in this season but Q is a very pleasant surprise. To be honest, I expected Newman to be as good as Q is and Q to be about where Newman is.

And Q is the gift that keeps giving... He won't be leaving for at least a couple years and his brother (big time prospect) will be here soon

msstate7
02-13-2016, 10:18 PM
Newman and his 7 points on 2-8 shooting...somebody better help him see the light and keep him out of the D-League

Malik and Webster know much more about basketball than me, so I just can't think they'll make such a terrible mistake. I just can't see Malik leaving early unless he all-the-sudden turns it up about 10 notches

Schultzy
02-13-2016, 11:14 PM
Q was open early and we didn't get it to him. Inexcusable IMO but Howland will make good on the talent he Is bringing in. Bad night and bad riffing early hurt us. We still have some wins left on the schedule.

tcdog70
02-14-2016, 12:51 PM
I only care about 2 basketball games from here out: Ole miss and the last game of the year... Ready to get rid of this senior class. After our last game, there will only be one ray player (ready) left

Please Hudson throw a gem and get a win on Friday.

Come on, you are better than that. A Real Fan cares about every game. I'll be right there with them no matter what. If we lose ten in a row then I'm straining for them to win the 11th. Be mad at them, criticize the Coaching but don't give up on them.

msstate7
02-14-2016, 12:54 PM
Come on, you are better than that. A Real Fan cares about every game. I'll be right there with them no matter what. If we lose ten in a row then I'm straining for them to win the 11th. Be mad at them, criticize the Coaching but don't give up on them.

I haven't missed a game (in person, radio, or tv) in like 3 years. I won't miss any this year either... Just venting. I'll be here b*tching for all the remaining games haha

cheat2win
02-14-2016, 12:58 PM
I would be very surprised if Malik falls out of the first round if he were to enter, he would be very intriguing to a team at the back end of the first round. Almost anything out side of the top 5 or 6 is a total crap shoot, Malik is well worth the risk for a team in the 20s if he were to leave

parabrave
02-14-2016, 01:08 PM

He also needs to spread the ball around. I'm not a great BB mind like you are so you enlighten me. But shouldn't a PG lead the team in assists. He is fourth on the team. Either no one is getting open for him, he just isn't looking hard enough or he just doesn't know what a PGs responsibility is. So Coach what is your opinion. Also he still can't take the ball inside the key.

HSVDawg
02-14-2016, 01:21 PM
I would be very surprised if Malik falls out of the first round if he were to enter, he would be very intriguing to a team at the back end of the first round. Almost anything out side of the top 5 or 6 is a total crap shoot, Malik is well worth the risk for a team in the 20s if he were to leave

He's not worth a 1st round risk at all. All 1st rounders get guaranteed 3 year contracts. 2nd rounders aren't even guaranteed a roster spot. Big difference between the last pick of the 1st round and the first pick of the 2nd. He could easily go early 2nd but no way he goes in the 1st this year unless some team is just stupid.

cheat2win
02-14-2016, 01:26 PM
I am very aware of the difference between a first and second round pick as far as guaranteed money is concerned. We will just agree to disagree on his talent level.

MarketingBully
02-14-2016, 01:35 PM
I am very aware of the difference between a first and second round pick as far as guaranteed money is concerned. We will just agree to disagree on his talent level.

He is an undersized 2 guard and hasn't shown what he can do with the ball due to our dumb ass seniors not buying in. IMO, it would be in his best interest to come back for his sophomore year, work on his ball handling and his strength in the offseason, come back fully healthy and dominate at the PG position with Q at the SG. We could have an unbelievable season next year with him leading us to an NCAA birth and he could be a lottery pick after his sophomore year. He is a second round pick at best right now. No way is he a first round pick at this point.

RiverCityDawg
02-14-2016, 01:35 PM
Delete -Double Post

cheat2win
02-14-2016, 01:36 PM
We are in agreement there, I think it would be beneficial for him and would love to see him back.

RiverCityDawg
02-14-2016, 01:39 PM

Genuinely curious as to what you see that makes you think he is a first round talent. Not trying to flame, just wondering because I haven't seen it yet. Specifically what have you seen that makes you think he can be an NBA point guard or why he could be an undersized shooting guard?

msstate7
02-14-2016, 01:39 PM
Genuinely curious as to what you see that makes you think he is a first round talent. Not trying to flame, just wondering your opinion because I haven't seen it yet.

I'm not cheat, but late 1st round and esp 2nd round picks don't have much value. Cheat probably feels taking a chance on a guy (Malik) that was preseason lottery is a high reward/low risk pick

cheat2win
02-14-2016, 01:41 PM
Genuinely curious as to what you see that makes you think he is a first round talent. Not trying to flame, just wondering your opinion because I haven't seen it yet.

I think he has serious NBA range when shooting the ball, his ability to finish at the rim could use some work for sure. When he is hot he can flat out fill it up, just personally think he is intriguing as an NBA player. Just personally think he has more upside then guys taken in a lot of drafts in that area, RJ hunter for example.

HSVDawg
02-14-2016, 09:22 PM

I don't actually think we disagree on his talent level. Just disagree that he's shown enough tools from that talent level up to this point to warrant a guaranteed 3 year deal in the NBA. A good comparison is Monta Ellis. Monta was head and shoulders more ready for the NBA than Malik was / is around the same time in their careers, and he was still only a 2nd rounder. Of course, he proved himself to have first round value very early in his career, but he had not shown enough to warrant a 1st round pick either at that time.

cheat2win
02-14-2016, 09:45 PM
The one difference is Monta was able to go pro out of high school. If Malik would have been able to leave from highschool as guys should, he would have been a lottery pick. Monta didn't have a year of his game being picked apart at the college level.

Schultzy
02-14-2016, 10:12 PM
Don't forget, Newman shot us to victory over ole miss a few weeks ago. We can debate draft status but he did make that happen.