PDA

View Full Version : Chicago?

preachermatt83
02-13-2016, 09:35 PM
What is Steve talking about? He posted a picture of Chicago with the statement "is it about to be a trifecta?"

msstate7
02-13-2016, 09:40 PM
Isn't treadwell from Illinois?

Coach34
02-13-2016, 09:40 PM
Treadwell

As I said- I've heard the NCAA is going for the throat on Freezus

BeardoMSU
02-13-2016, 09:41 PM
No way Tread turned in Freeze. Is there supposedly another angle here for the NCAA?

Coach34
02-13-2016, 09:43 PM
No way Tread turned in Freeze. Is there supposedly another angle here for the NCAA?

From what I can gather- the NCAA has found something and is now going back on the 2013 guys. Thats why Chris Jones was interviewed again. There is something new they have and checking if it matches with the older guys.

preachermatt83
02-13-2016, 09:44 PM
Wow!!

Leroy Jenkins
02-13-2016, 09:47 PM
Rosie with the new hashtag.. #GinnyPigGangsters

@ScoutSteveR Steve Robertson Nothing says goober quite like a password protected "private" message board. #GinnyPigGangsters

RougeDawg
Chris Jones was withholding some evidence while he was an amateur player that will put the final nail in Bucky's coffin. Let's just say CJ didn't show all of his cards, or "voicemails".

BeardoMSU
From what I can gather- the NCAA has found something and is now going back on the 2013 guys. Thats why Chris Jones was interviewed again. There is something new they have and checking if it matches with the older guys.

Hmm, I guess I missed that. When was this CJ second interview?

I still can't see Treadwell ratting on OM. He is pretty much a deity to that fan-base, and he knows it. Friends and family, on the other hand, who knows...

Op4isabitch
02-13-2016, 09:48 PM
Where did he post the pic? On Twitter? I don't see it.

Op4isabitch
02-13-2016, 09:51 PM
I'm guessing if he's talking Trifecta, he must be hinting at a third coach being busted. So,which OleMiss coaches are from Chicago?

Dolphus Raymond
02-13-2016, 09:51 PM
Trifecta:Treadwell, Tunsil and RK?

starkvegasdawg
02-13-2016, 09:53 PM
Where did he post the pic? On Twitter? I don't see it.
Smack page on Facebook.

Coach34
02-13-2016, 09:54 PM
I'm guessing if he's talking Trifecta

Tonsil
Kimchee
Treadwell

They have been gathering again on Kimchee also

Op4isabitch
02-13-2016, 09:55 PM
Thanks SVD

msstate7
02-13-2016, 10:02 PM
Smack page on Facebook.

Is SR even serious then? A smack page isn't exactly a good place to get breaking news

Coach34
02-13-2016, 10:04 PM
Hmm, I guess I missed that. When was this CJ second interview?

I still can't see Treadwell ratting on OM. He is pretty much a deity to that fan-base, and he knows it. Friends and family, on the other hand, who knows...

Who says they are interviewing Treadwell? It could be a coach, school admin, family member, etc. Treadwell is not going to turn on them. But they obviously have something new they are looking for

Coach34
02-13-2016, 10:05 PM
Is SR even serious then? A smack page isn't exactly a good place to get breaking news

yes- he is enjoying toying with them as I do

PassInterference
02-13-2016, 10:08 PM
Treadwell doesn't have to turn them in to get Ole Miss in trouble. The NCAA already knows what it is looking for and can figure out if Tread is lying or not.

And we know what happens to schools of players who lie to the NCAA.

Maroons
02-13-2016, 10:17 PM
Smack page on Facebook.

Name of the page?

starkvegasdawg
02-13-2016, 10:18 PM
yes- he is enjoying toying with them as I do
It's quite enjoyable watching him kick the Hornets' nest over there. He keeps them stirred up on a regular basis.

Bucky Dog
02-13-2016, 10:28 PM
Hey I think the Treadwell, I mean Paidwell, Instagram pic from recruitapolooza weekend of him flashing about $5K would be a good start.

662dawg
02-13-2016, 11:23 PM
Name of the page?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/dogsandrebssmackdown/

Reason2succeed
02-13-2016, 11:35 PM
This just gets "gooder and gooder" every day. With all of this I think we see show causes, one year DP, vacated wins, bowl bans, and scholarship reductions. OM will take 10 years to recover from this. It's definitely a pattern of willful violations. I just can't see anyway that the NCAA can say otherwise.

ScottH
02-14-2016, 12:01 AM
Blevins still in Chicago?

Really Clark?
02-14-2016, 12:10 AM

Yes he is

War Machine Dawg
02-14-2016, 12:10 AM

Methinks you're onto something.

starkvegasdawg
02-14-2016, 12:17 AM
Now that's a piece of the puzzle I never considered. Most intriguing. Talk about the ultimate last laugh.

preachermatt83
02-14-2016, 12:20 AM

Well then!

BrunswickDawg
02-14-2016, 12:21 AM
Now that's a piece of the puzzle I never considered. Most intriguing. Talk about the ultimate last laugh.
I don't know if you could write a better movie - "evil athletic program thinks they have silenced an intrepid reporter, only to have him get his revenge by blowing the roof off the biggest college athletic cheating scandal of the past 25 years."

Dawgowar
02-14-2016, 12:23 AM

And he is out of journalism so he won't pull that "not appropriate for me to comment on this" BS. If the ledger becomes collateral damage that would be awesome! You figure Blevins kept his recordings so any threats he received may be well documented. He could corroborate the NCAA's info while making his last employer look like the lapdogs they are.

chainedup_Dawg
02-14-2016, 12:37 AM
Blevins was my first thought, more along the lines of when you're trying to shut out a reporter, you may not want to send him packing to the home state of your biggest recruit

ScoobaDawg
02-14-2016, 12:43 AM
https://www.facebook.com/groups/dogsandrebssmackdown/

A group where Acey Roberts is an Admin... No thanks

smootness
02-14-2016, 12:46 AM
This just gets "gooder and gooder" every day. With all of this I think we see show causes, one year DP, vacated wins, bowl bans, and scholarship reductions. OM will take 10 years to recover from this. It's definitely a pattern of willful violations. I just can't see anyway that the NCAA can say otherwise.

They're not getting the death penalty. Good gosh, people.

ScoobaDawg
02-14-2016, 12:47 AM

Some people just don't pay attention.

ScoobaDawg
02-14-2016, 12:48 AM
And he is out of journalism so he won't pull that "not appropriate for me to comment on this" BS. If the ledger becomes collateral damage that would be awesome! You figure Blevins kept his recordings so any threats he received may be well documented. He could corroborate the NCAA's info while making his last employer look like the lapdogs they are.

The NCAA should leak everything to him for an exclusive....

msstate7
02-14-2016, 12:48 AM

Yeah, I'm think 6 year probation with loss of 60 scholarships during that time frame**

smootness
02-14-2016, 12:54 AM
And I don't say that to say that I don't want them to get hammered or don't think they will. I have no info and there are obviously way more people who know way more than I do. But it has been stated numerous times that the NCAA regretted giving even SMU the DP and said they would never do it again.

Ole Miss will not have their entire program shut down for any period of time. Anyone hoping for that has gone way over the edge on this thing.

Coach34
02-14-2016, 01:06 AM
the death penalty has no chance of happening

Really Clark?
02-14-2016, 01:12 AM
And I don't say that to say that I don't want them to get hammered or don't think they will. I have no info and there are obviously way more people who know way more than I do. But it has been stated numerous times that the NCAA regretted giving even SMU the DP and said they would never do it again.

Ole Miss will not have their entire program shut down for any period of time. Anyone hoping for that has gone way over the edge on this thing.

Except they have issued it again since SMU (twice), almost gave it to Kansas and Kentucky basketball in the late 80's and considered it for Penn State football and was about to give it to the entire Texas State athletic department not too long ago. Texas State made a lot of changes to keep from getting the DP. They excepted Western Kentucky's self imposed DP last year for swimming and diving. So they have done it more than once since SMU and considered it on numerous occasions as well.

TrapGame
02-14-2016, 01:18 AM
Freeze getting a show cause is the equivalent to the death penalty. A mass exodus of players will decimate their program.

Lumpy Chucklelips
02-14-2016, 02:44 AM
Why the hell would anybody want them to get the death penalty?

I want the SOB's to lose enough scholly's to where they go from currently talking 10 wins a year to talking about 10 losses a year. I want their ass to have to look up to see Vandy in the standings.

With the death penalty they would finish 0-0 every year. That's too good for their sorry, cheating ass.

dawgoneyall
02-14-2016, 06:45 AM

I don't want them to get death penalty. A long long long sickness would be far more enjoyable.

Reason2succeed
02-14-2016, 09:14 AM
Except they have issued it again since SMU (twice), almost gave it to Kansas and Kentucky basketball in the late 80's and considered it for Penn State football and was about to give it to the entire Texas State athletic department not too long ago. Texas State made a lot of changes to keep from getting the DP. They excepted Western Kentucky's self imposed DP last year for swimming and diving. So they have done it more than once since SMU and considered it on numerous occasions as well.

Thank you for actually doing the research. I hate that people want to lecture me on the "myth of the death penalty". For the last time, the death penalty IS on the table.

Do I really think that OM will get the death penalty? IDK. Have they done enough in my opinion? Definitely.

Like a man who has committed murder and is on trial we ought to at least let them think about it.
We never know what the NCAA may do.

engie
02-14-2016, 09:47 AM
They aren't getting the death penalty for a first offense. I think our frenzy on this is getting well into full retard land now -- and when they get less than you expect -- half of you will freak out. Everyone is way too far into "mind made up" zone over a situation that none of us actually have a clear picture of yet. Just saying. And IF they are truly hit with crippling sanctions, they will tie it up in court for all eternity in appeals. The only important thing to me is probation, which is virtually guaranteed. Anything else is icing. That gets us back to even in the game of mutually assured destruction. If they continue on the same path at that point, the whole house comes crashing down. I get people wanting it to happen for the grievances already inflicted -- but it won't.

PassInterference
02-14-2016, 09:50 AM
I am not buying that OM will tie anything up in court. NCAA rules and punishment are not laws under the jurisdiction of a court. I doubt any court would hear the case and I doubt even more that a court would order an injunction to delay the NCAA's penalties.

MaroonFlounder
02-14-2016, 09:52 AM
There's too much money involved I would think...for any SEC team to get the death penalty. As much as i'd like to see it happen.

cheewgumm
02-14-2016, 09:53 AM
I just want the penalties to be bad enough that Barett Sallee has to say it's actually "bad" for Ole Miss U.**

PassInterference
02-14-2016, 09:54 AM
I just want the penalties to be bad enough that Barett Sallee has to say it's actually "bad" for Ole Miss U.**

That doesn't need starcasterics.

cheewgumm
02-14-2016, 10:00 AM

Good point

AlmostPositive
02-14-2016, 10:00 AM

The best thing about the Death Penalty would be hearing Bear-it explain why the Death Penalty is actually Good News for O'Miss.... some time off to get straight with their studies, work on conditioning, then return tanned, rested and ready when the time is right. It's all good.

maroonmania
02-14-2016, 10:05 AM
Why the hell would anybody want them to get the death penalty?

I want the SOB's to lose enough scholly's to where they go from currently talking 10 wins a year to talking about 10 losses a year. I want their ass to have to look up to see Vandy in the standings.

With the death penalty they would finish 0-0 every year. That's too good for their sorry, cheating ass.

Yep, as I stated, as long as Freeze gets canned I'm happy. The guy is a just a total phony in my book. And their past couple of 9 and 10 win seasons are about as legitimate as Barry Bonds' home run record.

Hunkaburningdawg
02-14-2016, 10:23 AM
I've seen this referenced before but what is the story concerning Blevins.

GreenheadDawg
02-14-2016, 10:28 AM
I am not buying that OM will tie anything up in court. NCAA rules and punishment are not laws under the jurisdiction of a court. I doubt any court would hear the case and I doubt even more that a court would order an injunction to delay the NCAA's penalties.

I asked my lawyer buddy about this because I keep seeing people say if they get hit with hard sanctions they will just "take them to court for years and keep on keeping on". He says that's not entirely true and their appeal could delay for about a year but this will make things harder on them in the long run. But he's also a tax attorney soooo

Reason2succeed
02-14-2016, 10:39 AM
They aren't getting the death penalty for a first offense. I think our frenzy on this is getting well into full retard land now -- and when they get less than you expect -- half of you will freak out. Everyone is way too far into "mind made up" zone over a situation that none of us actually have a clear picture of yet. Just saying. And IF they are truly hit with crippling sanctions, they will tie it up in court for all eternity in appeals. The only important thing to me is probation, which is virtually guaranteed. Anything else is icing. That gets us back to even in the game of mutually assured destruction. If they continue on the same path at that point, the whole house comes crashing down. I get people wanting it to happen for the grievances already inflicted -- but it won't.

They can still get the death penalty on a first offense if they are found to have a "pattern of willful violations". There are new rules that went into effect.

Whether they get it, no one knows. Do they deserve it? Definitely. OM has thrown caution to the wind and has dared the NCAA to do something about it. Acting like the death penalty is off the table is ridiculous because YOU DON'T KNOW THAT!

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-14-2016, 10:40 AM
Chris Jones was withholding some evidence while he was an amateur player that will put the final nail in Bucky's coffin. Let's just say CJ didn't show all of his cards, or "voicemails".

Is that why Freeze was still trying to stay in touch with him and came out in the news with the fact that they still talked?

Dawgowar
02-14-2016, 10:45 AM

Agree, but frankly enjoying this part of seeing their eyes widen as the proverbial train rolls down the track towards them. No matter what the penalties are or are not they will never admit they did anything wrong and they will not stop being assholes. Nor, will they respect anyone outside their plantation and old south false aristocracy.

Fun to speculate but would like to see the actual allegations and the actual punishment before judging the NCAA on this. They have not been a serious player apart from cases they could not avoid (USC, UNC, etc) since 2000. UNM and UNC will define their will and limitations. They punted on Auburn. Had Miami played their cards better less severe sanctions would have been inflicted upon them. The Bowl Ban was self-imposed and they ended up paying a higher price than probably the NCAA required. If memory serves the NCAA admitted their staff dorked that one up.

They will be punished. From a business perspective I want it to sting enough to make them not be so brazen - as you say return to Mutually Assured Destruction.

Not saying you are wrong on court challenges but as a member of the NCAA they have to accept the processes that go with it. Unless they can show the NCAA has violated their own rules/procedures they can't delay the punishments.The NCAA is volunteer organization so to speak. It may be doable but it isn't going to be easy for them and inevitably they will lose. Not being belligerent but there is not a case of the NCAA having a probation overturned by a court that I am aware of.

Just enjoying the show and the wholesale frustrations of trolls popping up like gophers.

C222
02-14-2016, 10:52 AM
They can still get the death penalty on a first offense if they are found to have a "pattern of willful violations". There are new rules that went into effect.

Whether they get it, no one knows. Do they deserve it? Definitely. OM has thrown caution to the wind and has dared the NCAA to do something about it. Acting like the death penalty is off the table is ridiculous because YOU DON'T KNOW THAT!

Dude. Stop. They aren't getting the death penalty. I'm 10000% sure.

State82
02-14-2016, 10:56 AM
I wish they would try to take the NCAA to court. It would continue the dark cloud scenario a while longer and bring into play the 'ol "subpoena power play". That would be rich.

Drugs Delaney
02-14-2016, 11:06 AM
Wise move, the Rebs on that board are the dregs of humanity
A group where Acey Roberts is an Admin... No thanks

ILOATHEBears
02-14-2016, 11:08 AM
Freeze getting a show cause is the equivalent to the death penalty. A mass exodus of players will decimate their program.

What if the trifecta is also the 3 previous recruiting coordinators: Saunders, Vaughn and freezus? And Paidwell may be the one the NCAA has enough on to get the show cause for freezus completing the trifecta that way

JDog13
02-14-2016, 11:08 AM
Is that why Freeze was still trying to stay in touch with him and came out in the news with the fact that they still talked?

Freeze did that to get out in front of an allegation. A motive or spin point if you will.

Drugs Delaney
02-14-2016, 11:11 AM
how bout the "wish you were dead" penalty?

ShotgunDawg
02-14-2016, 11:14 AM
Dude. Stop. They aren't getting the death penalty. I'm 10000% sure.

This. If for no other reason, there will be no death penalty because the SEC Network and other television sponsors already want 9 conference games so they can have more programming.

There is absolutely no way an SEC will get the death penalty in football for the foreseeable future. The television networks would rather see Alabama beat a scholarship depleted Ole Miss 58-0, than have no game.

To come to think of it, I'd rather see that as well.

shannondawg
02-14-2016, 11:16 AM
i questioned myself as to why I would want the worse possible penalty to happen to a fellow Mississippi school, after some reflecting, it just boiled down to I just plain don't like them MutherF****rs.

Now I feel justified.

engie
02-14-2016, 11:16 AM

You haven't been paying attention to other investigations then.

War Machine Dawg
02-14-2016, 11:19 AM
i questioned myself as to why I would want the worse possible penalty to happen to a fellow Mississippi school, after some reflecting, it just boiled down to I just plain don't like them MutherF****rs.

Now I feel justified.

Like.

Statecoachingblows**
02-14-2016, 11:20 AM

Now I feel justified.

::::AND THE CONGREGATION CHEERED::::

AlmostPositive
02-14-2016, 11:22 AM
You have to imagine that they are privately beginning to prepare themselves for at least a moderate reaming. Most of the bluster is just a front to deprive rivals of the pleasure of visible anxiety.

The only way this is not a champagne-soaked celebration for us is if we demand Biblical-level destruction as the only acceptable outcome. We have already won this part of the game. The exact final score or precisely how hard they are hammered is almost a detail...

Dolphus Raymond
02-14-2016, 11:22 AM
I remember when it came out that Freeze had been in contact with CJ and it seemed sstrange, to say the least. Why would a coach you had spurned continue to call from time to time? Freeze used his super-Christian persona as an excuse for contacting CJ to provide "Christian guidance ". Freeze: "Son, I just wanted to touch has with you to see how you are doing." Translation: "Chris, I am a really good guy so when the NCAA contacts you for yet another interview, please remember that."

Statefan
02-14-2016, 11:23 AM
What if the trifecta is also the 3 previous recruiting coordinators: Saunders, Vaughn and freezus? And Paidwell may be the one the NCAA has enough on to get the show cause for freezus completing the trifecta that way

Dang, that's a solid point. I hope that's true

BrunswickDawg
02-14-2016, 11:25 AM

Now I feel justified.
Exactly.

Thats also my reason for not wanting a TV ban - make those outmanned, arrogant mofos get blown out on national TV week after week for 4 years.

BeardoMSU
02-14-2016, 11:26 AM
how bout the "wish you were dead" penalty?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFdHHl6MD8k

nicks_hammer
02-14-2016, 11:27 AM
I just want a loss of 20 schollys a year for 4 years. A bowl ban would take care of itself. Let's watch Vandy and canetucky skull17 every year for life.

Liverpooldawg
02-14-2016, 11:31 AM
They won't get the death penalty unless they are already on probation. Since they aren't, unless it's some sort of new double secret probation, they aren't getting the death penalty. That doesn't mean that what they do get might not be nearly as bad. As someone said above, I'd rather see them get hammered so hard that they have to struggle to win one or two games a year for a decade. That would be a lot more fun to watch than not watching them at all. We can hope.

Big4Dawg
02-14-2016, 11:38 AM
I just want a loss of 20 schollys a year for 4 years. A bowl ban would take care of itself. Let's watch Candy and canetucky skull17 every year for life.

You realize that's just 5 a year, right? That's not that much. So 80 players instead of 85.

AlmostPositive
02-14-2016, 11:38 AM
We want is the Walking Dead penalty. Years of suffering and degradation.

Liverpooldawg
02-14-2016, 11:46 AM
You realize that's just 5 a year, right? That's not that much. So 80 players instead of 85.

Actually I THINK that means at the end of the 4 years it's 60 players.

Op4isabitch
02-14-2016, 11:48 AM
Why is Steve hinting? He has been straight forward with what he knows to this point.
If he has information wouldn't it make sense to just tell what he knows?

Maybe I'm to straightforward for this game.

Dawgowar
02-14-2016, 11:53 AM
Here is one instance of the NCAA being upheld - Tarkanian case

http://articles.latimes.com/1988-12-13/sports/sp-226_1_supreme-court

From article:

"On a 5-4 vote, the high court said that the NCAA does not have to follow the same constitutional guidelines that cover government agencies in investigating violations of regulations. Because the NCAA is a private group, it may use its own enforcement methods and impose its own punishments, even if they do not provide coaches or colleges with full due process of the law, the court said."

Other cases - none relating to the institutions being relieved of heir punishments at least for recruiting. The Penn State one may turn into a loss in the end.

http://www.athleticscholarships.net/important-ncaa-lawsuits.htm

TrapGame
02-14-2016, 11:55 AM

Now I feel justified.

Me too.

But the Plantation sheep on my FB feed tell me I'm full of hate. And I'm cool with that.

Bubb Rubb
02-14-2016, 11:55 AM
Yep, as I stated, as long as Freeze gets canned I'm happy. The guy is a just a total phony in my book. And their past couple of 9 and 10 win seasons are about as legitimate as Barry Bonds' home run record.

I don't want him canned. Once all of this is over and the world sees him for what he is, the best punishment would be for him to have to stay and coach through all of those 2-10 seasons with his hands tied during recruiting season. And the best entertainment would be watching all of the faithful have to walk back all of the stupid stuff they've said about him over the last few years.

Commercecomet24
02-14-2016, 11:56 AM

Now I feel justified.

I can get onboard with this! Very well said!

Bubb Rubb
02-14-2016, 11:59 AM
You haven't been paying attention to other investigations then.

I wouldn't put it above Ole Miss to tie anything up in court, but boy, it would be a stupid move, because it would prolong the black cloud over their heads and kill them in recruiting. It would essentially prolong their probation.

nicks_hammer
02-14-2016, 12:23 PM
Well maybe my math is messed up but if you take 20 recruiting scholarships a year for 4 years that leaves you with 45 scholarship players. I don't believe your going to win much with those numbers.

Coach34
02-14-2016, 12:24 PM
You have to imagine that they are privately beginning to prepare themselves for at least a moderate reaming. Most of the bluster is just a front to deprive rivals of the pleasure of visible anxiety.

The only way this is not a champagne-soaked celebration for us is if we demand Biblical-level destruction as the only acceptable outcome. We have already won this part of the game. The exact final score or precisely how hard they are hammered is almost a detail...

This man gets it. Probation, loss of schollys is a win. That was what It's Coming has always been about.

But if my boy is right and it ends up being a USC-style probation- then it just became Christmas. One thing I know for damn sure- its going to be more than 9 over 3.

msstate7
02-14-2016, 12:25 PM
Well maybe my math is messed up but if you take 20 recruiting scholarships a year for 4 years that leaves you with 45 scholarship players. I don't believe your going to win much with those numbers.

Your math is messed up.

nicks_hammer
02-14-2016, 12:34 PM
Must've been the Blanton's. My head hurts.

Big4Dawg
02-14-2016, 12:43 PM

It's your math. It's not 20 scholarships for 4 years. It's 20 OVER 4 years. So 5 a year. So you would have one class with 20 players and then it would be back to normal. You would just have to stay under 80 scholarships for 4 years. I think....

msstate7
02-14-2016, 12:50 PM
It's your math. It's not 20 scholarships for 4 years. It's 20 OVER 4 years. So 5 a year. So you would have one class with 20 players and then it would be back to normal. You would just have to stay under 80 scholarships for 4 years. I think....

No. 20 over 4 years would leave...

Year 1 = 80
Year 2 = 75
Year 3 = 70
Year 4 = 65

Almost positive

CadaverDawg
02-14-2016, 12:52 PM

I have been taking any mention of "death penalty" as a joke. Surely y'all don't really think we have fans that think that could happen do you? People are just "poking the bear" (pun intended), to make them squirm. I don't see the reason for people to come along every thread telling people it's not going to be bad....who cares? Let's make them sweat until we know for sure. It's not going to be the death penalty, but they could get hammered. And I for one would like for them to think bulldozing the stadium and dismantling the athletic Dept is a possibility until they know the Actual penalties....so I say everyone needs to carry on. Ha

Dawg496
02-14-2016, 12:57 PM

Year 1 = 80
Year 2 = 75
Year 3 = 70
Year 4 = 65

Almost positive

Can someone confirm? I took it to mean Big4Dawg's understanding as well.

According to this article, 20/4 would mean 5 a year: http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/news/story?id=5271822

It cites Alabama's 21 scholarships lost (7 a year) and USC's 30 lost (10 a year).

Liverpooldawg
02-14-2016, 12:57 PM

Year 1 = 80
Year 2 = 75
Year 3 = 70
Year 4 = 65

Almost positive

That's the way it works I think.
USC lost 10 a year over 3 years and had 55 scholarship players at the end of it. You know dang well if it was the other way around they would have had 75.

Swami Dawg
02-14-2016, 01:12 PM
I am for to be thinking as additional penalty they also need to be having their mascot changed to Ginny Pigs. I am finding this as example of UNMS logo.

http://s9.postimg.org/g71bi6m8v/UNMS_Ginny_Pigs.jpg

Swami

Really Clark?
02-14-2016, 01:13 PM
The scholarship reductions is off the 85. Like ULL, their first year was loss of 5, 80 total could be on scholarship. Then the loss of 3 for the following 2 years, making their total 82. if they lose kids it could hurt them trying to sign enough to get to their totals.

engie
02-14-2016, 01:13 PM
That's the way it works I think.
USC lost 10 a year over 3 years and had 55 scholarship players at the end of it. You know fans well if it was the other way around they would have had 75.

It's not how he described it. USC's scholly reduction was 75, 75, 75. But their signing classes also lost 10/yr for 3 years -- so it was 15, 15, 15 on that end. The front end reduction is what knocked them down to 55 -- not the total roster number on the back end.

NeshobaChuck
02-14-2016, 01:41 PM
Honestly I'm ready for them to do what they gotta do and get out of here that way NCAA doesn't go well since we are in the area lets go down to Starkville for surprise visit to make sure they have their T's crossed and their i's dotted for safety sakes

Dawgology
02-14-2016, 02:32 PM

Any attorney worth a grain of salt can see that court would not be UNM's friend. Right now the NCAA doesn't have the legal authority to subpoena records or get court orders. If this does go to court, regardless of who takes it, UNM will have to be on the defensive the entire time. It also pushes the case under the court systems and gives both parties the right to get court orders and subpoenas for about anything or anyone related to the case. Right now they can withhold some things and only risk incurring the wrath of the NCAA. If it goes to court and they withhold or don't comply then you are looking at criminal charges. Right now the NCAA has nothing to hide and UNM has everything to hide... So, no, this won't go to court.

That being said... If UNM DOES (stupidly) go to court with this you have to assume one of two things should be true:

1) all of these allegations are completely fabricated and the NCAA is truly treating them unjustly...and they can prove it.

Or

2) Shit is real REAL bad and they have absolutely nothing to lose so they are slinging up a Hail Mary with a prayer.

I don't believe option 1 would be the answer.

defiantdog
02-14-2016, 03:08 PM
Honestly I'm ready for them to do what they gotta do and get out of here that way NCAA doesn't go well since we are in the area lets go down to Starkville for surprise visit to make sure they have their T's crossed and their i's dotted for safety sakes

This sentence made my head hurt.... where's the punctuation?

BiscuitEater
02-14-2016, 05:10 PM
And IF they are truly hit with crippling sanctions, they will tie it up in court for all eternity in appeals.

That is the BEST thing that could happen if you are a State fan. I would love for them to 'drag' out a Bucky 'show cause' finding for years and years. Their recruiting would spiral down faster than a head shot goose. No player would want to risk that other shoe dropping.

Count Istvan Teleky
02-14-2016, 05:17 PM
I am for to be thinking as additional penalty they also need to be having their mascot changed to Ginny Pigs. I am finding this as example of UNMS logo.

Swami

Edited.

Count Istvan Teleky
02-14-2016, 05:18 PM

Swami

...its a fricking Guinea Pig but you're on a roll ...

Crystal Balls
02-14-2016, 05:44 PM
...its a fricking Guinea Pig but you're on a roll ...
Yancy disagree

dawggoneit
02-14-2016, 05:45 PM
Yancy said it was a "ginny pig" so it must be so.

dawgoneyall
02-14-2016, 06:29 PM

Hitler didn't start but one world war.

Saltydog
02-14-2016, 06:44 PM
Or was it a play on words (Ginny Crager).

Martianlander
02-14-2016, 07:06 PM
Here is one instance of the NCAA being upheld - Tarkanian case

http://articles.latimes.com/1988-12-13/sports/sp-226_1_supreme-court

From article:

"On a 5-4 vote, the high court said that the NCAA does not have to follow the same constitutional guidelines that cover government agencies in investigating violations of regulations. Because the NCAA is a private group, it may use its own enforcement methods and impose its own punishments, even if they do not provide coaches or colleges with full due process of the law, the court said."

Other cases - none relating to the institutions being relieved of heir punishments at least for recruiting. The Penn State one may turn into a loss in the end.

http://www.athleticscholarships.net/important-ncaa-lawsuits.htm

Good research, but bear in mind the most conservative judge on the Supreme Court passed away yesterday. Now not to introduce politics , and I'm sure Obama is not interested in the SEC, but a liberal judge will be put up. Couple this with some supposedly conservative judges that have voted liberal positions, rather than interpret the law, and I'm not sure how this would shake out.

smootness
02-14-2016, 07:39 PM
Good research, but bear in mind the most conservative judge on the Supreme Court passed away yesterday. Now not to introduce politics , and I'm sure Obama is not interested in the SEC, but a liberal judge will be put up. Couple this with some supposedly conservative judges that have voted liberal positions, rather than interpret the law, and I'm not sure how this would shake out.

The court has already ruled.

Dawgowar
02-14-2016, 07:41 PM
The court has already ruled.

In like 1988 or 89.

smootness
02-14-2016, 07:42 PM
I have been taking any mention of "death penalty" as a joke. Surely y'all don't really think we have fans that think that could happen do you? People are just "poking the bear" (pun intended), to make them squirm. I don't see the reason for people to come along every thread telling people it's not going to be bad....who cares? Let's make them sweat until we know for sure. It's not going to be the death penalty, but they could get hammered. And I for one would like for them to think bulldozing the stadium and dismantling the athletic Dept is a possibility until they know the Actual penalties....so I say everyone needs to carry on. Ha

Because I've seen how this ends. Some fans start to expect the best, then when that doesn't happen, they freak out.

Dawgowar
02-14-2016, 08:05 PM
Because I've seen how this ends. Some fans start to expect the best, then when that doesn't happen, they freak out.

And some just enjoy the ride. Probation and and anything else is a win. They are confirmed slime. Then, now and in the future. And we then know how far we can go.

MedDawg
02-14-2016, 08:16 PM

That's what I want. A "show cause" would be nice, but anything that gets him fired would be good. (It's possible that a show cause would be the only thing that would get him fired). Any scholarship reductions and bowl bans would just be gravy. If Freeze is gone and OM goes on probation, then their next coach would likely not be big on cheating. At least for a while.

chainedup_Dawg
02-14-2016, 08:40 PM
That's what I want. A "show cause" would be nice, but anything that gets him fired would be good. (It's possible that a show cause would be the only thing that would get him fired). Any scholarship reductions and bowl bans would just be gravy. If Freeze is gone and OM goes on probation, then their next coach would likely not be big on cheating. At least for a while.

And who knows, maybe this time they'll have to hire someone from the football program at Briarcrest

MedDawg
02-14-2016, 09:11 PM

Bully13
02-14-2016, 09:21 PM
Probation alone puts a halt to the network. 30 over 3 with a bowl band makes the impact immediate. I like the idea of both.

32 Dive
02-14-2016, 09:21 PM
While most on here have pie-in-the-sky dreams of the demise of UNM Football, I have one wish:

Let it appear in NCAA findings, that Hugh Freeze lied to members of NCAA's enforcement staff.

#Tresseled

662dawg
02-14-2016, 10:12 PM
[QUOTE=662dawg;505951]https://www.facebook.com/groups/dogsandrebssmackdown/[

Elite dawg enforcer needed 😉 Which lying bear member "were" you?

Coach007
02-14-2016, 11:30 PM
Just straight up hate cheating! I don't care who it is.

sbcmortgageman
02-15-2016, 08:04 AM
Exactly.

Thats also my reason for not wanting a TV ban - make those outmanned, arrogant mofos get blown out on national TV week after week for 4 years.

There will never be another tv ban.

Reason2succeed
02-15-2016, 08:16 AM
There will never be another tv ban.k

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes."

shannondawg
02-15-2016, 08:38 AM
To ban tv would also hurts the other sec teams, just withhold tv money.

TrapGame
02-15-2016, 08:41 AM

Yep, broadcast every om game and revenue goes to the SEC and opposing team. I like that. Make them wish they were banned from tv.

msstate7
02-15-2016, 08:41 AM

I read somewhere else that the NCAA instead of worrying about bowl bans and such, should just cut off the school's cut of conference money while on probation. I think you would see a whole lot less rampant cheating if this was instituted

Dawgtini
02-15-2016, 10:41 AM
I read somewhere else that the NCAA instead of worrying about bowl bans and such, should just cut off the school's cut of conference money while on probation. I think you would see a whole lot less rampant cheating if this was instituted

Cutting off the $$$ would really help. A bowl ban also reduces the opportunity for more income and prevents the school from getting additional practice time. I would like to see them do both.

jjdawg
02-19-2016, 11:15 AM
Enforcer? Grow up & deal w/your stalking chump.

PassInterference
02-19-2016, 11:17 AM
This should end well.

BrunswickDawg
02-19-2016, 11:29 AM
This should end well.

Looks like it ended quickly...

Dallas_Dawg
02-19-2016, 11:33 AM
I expect enforcer to say something like the following about Jjdawg:
Lives in Oxford with his mother
Took pictures with Hugh freeze at the square
His sister gives the best head according to the Nkemdiches
Has 3 yeti stickers on the back of his Range Rover that daddy bought him....

I bet I'm close...

662dawg
02-19-2016, 12:00 PM
I expect enforcer to say something like the following about Jjdawg:
Lives in Oxford with his mother
Took pictures with Hugh freeze at the square
His sister gives the best head according to the Nkemdiches
Has 3 yeti stickers on the back of his Range Rover that daddy bought him....

I bet I'm close...

"It" does not live in Oxford but is a huge bear fan. "It's" about 125 years old too 😂

blacklistedbully
02-19-2016, 12:30 PM
This. If for no other reason, there will be no death penalty because the SEC Network and other television sponsors already want 9 conference games so they can have more programming.

There is absolutely no way an SEC will get the death penalty in football for the foreseeable future. The television networks would rather see Alabama beat a scholarship depleted Ole Miss 58-0, than have no game.

To come to think of it, I'd rather see that as well.

Recognizing this is pie-in-the-sky dreaming, I'd love to see UNM get disgraced and hammered so bad that the SEC kicks them out, adds an Eastern team, such as VT and restructures as follows:

West
aTm
UPig
Mizzou
LSU
MSU
Bama
Vandy

East
UK
UT
UGA