PDA

View Full Version : Show us on the doll where the Bad College touched you...

AlmostPositive
02-13-2016, 01:49 PM
NCAA Armageddon Summary as of 13 Feb 2016. (nothing most of us don't already know, but I have some time to kill and feel like typing.)

1. In a way, Bearshark Cheatapalooza is already in the books. Regardless of the penalty, Ole Miss University will have a cloud over its brand that will be prominent for years. So, relax, Confederates, you've already lost the game you care about most: public perception.

2. To this point, the Landshark braintrust has followed a risky delay-and-deny strategy. Even they know this is almost certain to fail and make things worse, but it does theoretically allow time to see what lawyers, tobacco money and compliant journalists might do to lessen the stench. Hope springs eternal.

3. The RebelBlackBears are making one bad PR move after another. Two possibilities for this:

A) They are getting advice from the same group that charged them $200,000 to recommend a bear costume to
replace some of their on-field Confederabilia.

B) If you know you're going to get prison-raped for a decade, why start Monday instead of next November?

4. Speaking of perception, if Bjort was lying about the investigation being over, it is game set and match for him, and UNM takes another huge hit. Ditto for Freeze lying about the NOA to recruits, which looks like a near-certainty at this point.
Ditto for every materially false statement they make.

5 "Many" of the football allegations were said to be from a previous coaching era. Twenty four hours later, we learn from reliable sources that "many" means four out of thirteen. Srsly? How stupid do they think people are?

6. It seems that the NCAA now includes the evidence for its accusations when it sends out a NOA. This is likely to be thermonuclear reading. One more reason for Ndrugdashian University to stick with a bears-ate-our-NOA response to FOIA requests..

7. The penalty will be what it will be. No one on the planet knows specifically. USC-W may be a relevant precedent, or maybe not. Don't worry about it . If the NCAA dissolved its charter this weekend, the Umites will have already been hit harder than 99% of their fanbase expected 3 months ago.

8. There are worse things than the death penalty. Trying to replace an entire staff and then attempting to compete for high-level recruits with a 600-pound NCAA gorilla on your back might be one of them.

9. If the Branch Oxfordians survive their Cheatnado experience, it will have softened them up for a full-on politically correct assault on their team name. As I recall, Belhaven ditched "Clansmen" a couple of decades ago. Apparently the memo hasn't reached Lafayette County yet, but it is only a matter of time. Bad News, Bears!

In all seriousness, I hope this is the most painful and humiliating ordeal these delusional cultists ever experience. If I were a better person, I wouldn't enjoy it all so much.

Statecoachingblows**
02-13-2016, 01:52 PM
Rep points on title alone!

Uncivilengineer
02-13-2016, 02:33 PM
I was thinking the other day that one outcome could be a removal of "OLE MISS" and "REBELS" (In addition to whatever NCAA penalties). As the national press start turning on them, it will snowball against their non PC culture.