PDA

View Full Version : Hugh Freeze Show Cause

TXDawg
02-13-2016, 11:20 AM
C34 mentioned in an earlier thread that the NCAA is pushing hard to get Freeze on a show cause, but wasn't sure if they could get there. Seeing that two former Recruiting Directors have been fired from their current positions because of what they did during their time at UMiss and realizing that Freeze served as Recruiting Director between those guys, I don't see how he can avoid a show cause - even if it stems from his past role in the program.

Couple that with the current allegations (Tunsil, etc), I think it's a no brainer that he gets a show cause.

Dawgowar
02-13-2016, 11:29 AM
The whole staff may have issues under these new rules - which may be why the NCAA is hanging on to the post-2013 allegations. If they gave a show cause to the majority of a sitting staff it would be a very sobering dose of reality to every other power 5 conference.

If they really go high on the scholarships and post-season ban that will be a slap at the school.

Would love to see some high level mandated disassociation of boosters.

Saltydog
02-13-2016, 11:48 AM
will threaten suit and drag this thing out forever if the NCAA pushes for that......

SDDawg
02-13-2016, 12:03 PM
There have been folks claiming a show cause is coming for the past year. I don't think any of this is all that surprising.

GreenheadDawg
02-13-2016, 12:26 PM
There have been folks claiming a show cause is coming for the past year. I don't think any of this is all that surprising.

I'll believe it when I see it. I'm going streaking through the quad to the gymnasium if it happens

SheltonChoked
02-13-2016, 12:29 PM
I'm beginning to think that not only most of the current staff may get show cause, but Bjork as well. It's one theory on why he is in full on denial. It won't matter about his future if he gets a show cause.

This could end up the new Death Penalty. Entire staffs and AD's getting show cause penalties, could make our search for Rick Ray look like the hiring line at McDonalds for the replacements.

New Ole Miss Chancellor: we'd like you to be our AD
Applicant: what happened to the last 2 guys?

NOMC: ummm. Well. They got show causes due to our overzealous fan base.

Applicant: * turn and runs

*door closes

NOMC: damn. Send in applicant 126

SDDawg
02-13-2016, 12:58 PM
I'll believe it when I see it. I'm going streaking through the quad to the gymnasium if it happens

I'll amend my statement- I don't think the talk about it happening or the potential for it to occur based on how that program has been run is a surprise. I'm with you though, if and when it actually happens it will be a huge story. That's gonna be a good day.

Dawgowar
02-13-2016, 01:12 PM
will threaten suit and drag this thing out forever if the NCAA pushes for that......

And when they do it will piss off the NCAA who, once focused, can be very vindictive. Every week they carry on a suit against the NCAA is one more steep hill they have to climb to recruit.

"Well, we feel confident young man that we will win our suit against the NCAA"

"Will that reverse the probation?"

"We don't know."

"Thanks for the back pack and blow job. I'm going on my next OV"