PDA

View Full Version : Public Opinion Turning?

BrunswickDawg
02-13-2016, 10:55 AM
Apparently the sexual assault cover ups at TN may be opening Pandora's box.
This ran in the NY Times this morning - http://m.nydailynews.com/news/national/king-peyton-manning-squeaky-clean-image-built-lies-article-1.2530395

Fully reading it - is seems the Mannings will go to great lengths to hide the truth about their actions. Combine this with Peyton's goons harassing the guy who made the HGH interview and you can start to see a pattern.

Are people - or at least the media - starting to turn on them? Seems interesting that all of this is coming out while a related house of cards is starting to tumble in Oxford.

gravedigger
02-13-2016, 11:04 AM
Apparently the sexual assault cover ups at TN may be opening Pandora's box.
This ran in the NY Times this morning - http://m.nydailynews.com/news/national/king-peyton-manning-squeaky-clean-image-built-lies-article-1.2530395

Fully reading it - is seems the Mannings will go to great lengths to hide the truth about their actions. Combine this with Peyton's goons harassing the guy who made the HGH interview and you can start to see a pattern.

Are people - or at least the media - starting to turn on them? Seems interesting that all of this is coming out while a related house of cards is starting to tumble in Oxford.

Its not one entity like the media, its society. We are polarized to defend or attack the other side without regard to reason. The opponent is the devil and our side are angels. The media is all to happy to feed our prejudices. .

mcain31
02-13-2016, 11:29 AM
I never knew about this incident

1bigdawg
02-13-2016, 11:34 AM
The incident is bad, but the book is worse.

AlmostPositive
02-13-2016, 11:35 AM
Do yourself a favor and ignore that article.

It isn't the New York Times. It the the Daily News, and the writer is a known fraud and racial huckster.

KB21
02-13-2016, 11:39 AM

It isn't the New York Times. It the the Daily News, and the writer is a known fraud and racial huckster.

The fact that this isn't the New York Times is a positive.

BrunswickDawg
02-13-2016, 11:53 AM

Yeah, I didn't catch that it was the Daily News. Still, the defamation suit is pretty damning.

BeardoMSU
02-13-2016, 12:10 PM

I'll just wait for the story to get picked up by The Blaze****

BeardoMSU
02-13-2016, 12:10 PM
Yeah, read the whole thing. Pretty crazy stuff.

Tbonewannabe
02-13-2016, 12:17 PM
I remember Manning supposedly mooning that player. I heard about Peyton doing something similar to a waitress at a bar.

MSUDeltadawg1971
02-13-2016, 01:00 PM

I for one would not mess with Clark Kent if I were the Mannings!

ElitedawgRecruiting
02-13-2016, 01:15 PM
Not a manning backer of any kind. But this whole story is a lie.

starkvegasdawg
02-13-2016, 01:16 PM

Or Football Scoop.

HaggardDawg
02-13-2016, 01:19 PM
This story is not a lie, trust me.

chef dixon
02-13-2016, 01:24 PM
I don't know if it's true or not but Shaun King is known to have a huge racial agenda and cannot be reasoned with.

mcain31
02-13-2016, 01:28 PM

Why do you think that the story is false?

ElitedawgRecruiting
02-13-2016, 01:31 PM
Because I was working in East Tennessee at the time all of this happened. The lady in question was on TV every other day explaining the situation. She defended manning herself.

I hate ole miss as much as all y'all do. But this was a huge story in Tennessee when it happened and none of this ever even came close to being reported. And if the Jameis stuff came out. This would have a long long time ago.

ElitedawgRecruiting
02-13-2016, 01:36 PM
There is a writer at the Knox News Sentinel named Jimmy Hyams. He was all over this story. He is bashed on a daily basis by Tennessee fans because he doesn't toe the company line. No way he would have not reported this

PassInterference
02-13-2016, 01:36 PM
Its not one entity like the media, its society. We are polarized to defend or attack the other side without regard to reason. The opponent is the devil and our side are angels. The media is all to happy to feed our prejudices. .

Well said
http://youtu.be/SzT10MSgKtU

http://youtu.be/SzT10MSgKtU

AlmostPositive
02-13-2016, 01:58 PM
The writer pretended to be black for years. There is nothing to be gained from listening to him on any topic.

HaggardDawg
02-13-2016, 02:52 PM
He didn't just moon the track player and the trainer just happened to see it. He did what she says he did. She settled out of court with UT and the Mannings. Part of the deal was that she leave UT. Apparently the player he mooned wouldn't lie for Peyton so his scholarship was yanked.

Churchill
02-13-2016, 03:23 PM
Man , you need to Google Shaun King. I wouldn`t quote that guy if he said the sky was blue.

Maroonthirteen
02-13-2016, 03:42 PM

Exactly! Cams antics pre and post super bowl were over analyzed and overly critical. Now its the othersides turn and the media is more than happy to be the conduit.

DancingRabbit
02-13-2016, 04:03 PM

Based on reading most of the affidavits in the PDF, I don't think the whole story is a lie. Why would all those people lie under oath? Sounds like Peyton was the one lying.

1bigdawg
02-13-2016, 04:19 PM
King definitely has an agenda and is probably trying to say that we should respect Cam more than Peyton because it is in his political best interest to say.

However, the documents are real and the affidavits are real and publicly available. First, Peyton was an obnoxious college football star (not the first or only one). He was an immature kid who did something he should not have. UTenn took his side (see: star athlete) and engaged in a brutal cover up. They engineered a sealed settlement.

The real jerky thing Peyton did was to attack her in the book. He should have just left it alone and out of the book. After all, he was the one in the wrong in the incident. That is what caused the second lawsuit and what was really classless.

All this relates to the Manning attitude that everything they do is classy and if you disagree, you are just jealous and wrong.

Bully13
02-13-2016, 04:32 PM
The timing of this screams cam Newton \ Carolina butt hurt...

Bully13
02-13-2016, 04:34 PM
Oh and what a suck ass writer....how boring can he get?

MidTNDawg
02-13-2016, 05:09 PM
This story is not a lie, trust me.
We were living in TN when this happened. We have some contacts at UT, and I do not find the story to be true.

BeardoMSU
02-13-2016, 05:14 PM
He was an immature kid who did something he should not have.

I don't know if the language/events listed in the article are true, but if they remotely are, that was a little more severe than doing "something he should not have". That is sexual assault.

BeastMan
02-13-2016, 05:19 PM
Based on reading most of the affidavits in the PDF, I don't think the whole story is a lie. Why would all those people lie under oath? Sounds like Peyton was the one lying.

This is an old story. I have heard it way before this writer, whoever he may be, wrote it. And of course all those people wouldn't lie under oath. This (old) story along with the Deadspin story shows a pattern. It's pretty funny to me people will defend Peyton slapping his cock on a girls head and lying about HGH but those same people are the ones eviscerating Cam for not handling a press conference right.

Holding athletes on pedestals is stupid. I don't hate Manning but I'm also not going to defend him like he's not a flawed human being (like the rest of us). Fun fact: you can see him for who he is and still appreciate what he did on the field. They're not mutually exclusive.

Next y'all are going to tell me Brett Favre was an upstanding citizen lol.

ElitedawgRecruiting
02-13-2016, 05:22 PM
I say again and I know for a fact, this didn't happen. But if folks wanna believe it then not much I can do about that. Lol

BeastMan
02-13-2016, 05:22 PM
King definitely has an agenda and is probably trying to say that we should respect Cam more than Peyton because it is in his political best interest to say.

However, the documents are real and the affidavits are real and publicly available. First, Peyton was an obnoxious college football star (not the first or only one). He was an immature kid who did something he should not have. UTenn took his side (see: star athlete) and engaged in a brutal cover up. They engineered a sealed settlement.

The real jerky thing Peyton did was to attack her in the book. He should have just left it alone and out of the book. After all, he was the one in the wrong in the incident. That is what caused the second lawsuit and what was really classless.

All this relates to the Manning attitude that everything they do is classy and if you disagree, you are just jealous and wrong.

Great post and I agree 100%

AlmostPositive
02-13-2016, 05:23 PM
"It's pretty funny to me people will defend Peyton slapping his cock on a girls head and lying about HGH but those same people are the ones eviscerating Cam for not handling a press conference right."

You conveniently left out Newton stealing laptops at Florida and taking a bribe to go to Auburn.

BeastMan
02-13-2016, 05:24 PM
I say again and I know for a fact, this didn't happen. But if folks wanna believe it then not much I can do about that. Lol

You realize people under oath who actually took part in the events disagree with you which led to lawsuit settlement? No offense but I won't take your word for it because you worked in East Tennessee. I'll take the word of those involved who were disposed under oath.

BeastMan
02-13-2016, 05:25 PM
"It's pretty funny to me people will defend Peyton slapping his cock on a girls head and lying about HGH but those same people are the ones eviscerating Cam for not handling a press conference right."

You conveniently left out Newton stealing laptops at Florida and taking a bribe to go to Auburn.

Nothing to do with my last comment. Cam was a shithead for stealing a laptop but that doesn't change anything about my post.

BeardoMSU
02-13-2016, 05:27 PM
This is an old story. I have heard it way before this writer, whoever he may be, wrote it. And of course all those people wouldn't lie under oath. This (old) story along with the Deadspin story shows a pattern. It's pretty funny to me people will defend Peyton slapping his cock on a girls head and lying about HGH but those same people are the ones eviscerating Cam for not handling a press conference right.

Holding athletes on pedestals is stupid. I don't hate Manning but I'm also not going to defend him like he's not a flawed human being (like the rest of us). Fun fact: you can see him for who he is and still appreciate what he did on the field. They're not mutually exclusive.

Well said, Beast.

BeardoMSU
02-13-2016, 05:30 PM

Were you standing in the locker room when all this went down?

AlmostPositive
02-13-2016, 05:36 PM
What exactly do you mean by "the same people"? Do you have an example or are you just making a generalization?

In any case, what someone thinks of Cam's press conference has no logical connection with whether not that person believes Manning did or did not do what he is accused of.

msugolf
02-13-2016, 06:44 PM

And you would be 100% wrong and I know you aren't as close to the situation as I was, unless you are the female.

Schultzy
02-13-2016, 06:47 PM
And you would be 100% wrong and I know you aren't as close to the situation as I was, unless you are the female.

The article was convincing to me. Please give us the skinny on this.

mechdog
02-13-2016, 06:52 PM

I can't stand Shaun King, but I know the track athlete in the story. I can't speak for anything leading up to or after the locker room incident, but everything in his letter to Peyton and his testimony are true.

HaggardDawg
02-13-2016, 06:55 PM
ElitdawgRecruiting, Not trying to be snarky but I know 100% for a fact it did happen. I also know the only witness to the incident.

ElitedawgRecruiting
02-13-2016, 08:06 PM
Which is totally fine. Everyone has a right to their opinion. I won't change yalls mind and you won't change mine for sure. On the bright side it wasn't Bulldogs so we can all say Hail State to that

State82
02-13-2016, 08:45 PM
I chuckle and wave off anything on a message board that begins with "100%". That is completely laughable unless you were standing within arm's length of the act being discussed with your eyes/ears open. If you were, then I will accept your word. I see it on a regular basis here whether it involves recruiting, supposed actions/comments from our athletic department/coaches/players, etc. Get out of here with "100%" unless you saw it with your own eyes and heard it with your own ears and were completely sober at the time. Pure comedy.

HaggardDawg
02-13-2016, 10:12 PM
I chuckle and wave off anything on a message board that begins with "100%". That is completely laughable unless you were standing within arm's length of the act being discussed with your eyes/ears open. If you were, then I will accept your word. I see it on a regular basis here whether it involves recruiting, supposed actions/comments from our athletic department/coaches/players, etc. Get out of here with "100%" unless you saw it with your own eyes and heard it with your own ears and were completely sober at the time. Pure comedy.

My bad, I'm 97% sure it happened. Better?

SoJackDog
02-13-2016, 10:52 PM
He tea bagged the trainer. :eek: That's hilarious

The cover up sounds bad.

BeardoMSU
02-13-2016, 11:10 PM
He tea bagged the trainer. :eek: That's hilarious

I'm sure you'd be laughing if that happened to your daughter/wife/sister/mother.

Dawgtini
02-14-2016, 02:14 AM
I love the blaze. Well as much as you can love something out out by the Mormons. multiple love ****

Dawgtini
02-14-2016, 02:22 AM
if you disagree, you are just jealous and wrong.

ISWYDT Just like all those teams that try to disparage the beautiful campus and Rebals.

Dawgtini
02-14-2016, 02:26 AM

Beast/free shoot me a pm. You are awesome. Next time I am near the Gulf I want to buy you a beverage of your choice!

Dawgtini
02-14-2016, 02:32 AM

I'm sure you'd be laughing if that happened to your daughter/wife/sister/mother.

Absolutely. They would have taken the "meat and veg" with them as evidence.

1bigdawg
02-14-2016, 09:33 AM
I don't know if the language/events listed in the article are true, but if they remotely are, that was a little more severe than doing "something he should not have". That is sexual assault.

Point taken. However, I was trying to make the point that he was literally adding insult to injury. Further, the "insult" came as a mature man.

Political Hack
02-14-2016, 09:35 AM
The fact that this isn't the New York Times is a positive.

The number one paper in the world isn't good?

Schultzy
02-14-2016, 09:43 AM

^ This and there are other unflattering stories @ this family out there, once was a fan but no more.

shannondawg
02-14-2016, 10:12 AM
The number one paper in the world isn't good?

No, unless you are a vegan, tree hugging, screaming ass sociaslist liberal.

shannondawg
02-14-2016, 10:14 AM
Archie would do anything to preserve his appointment to sainthood.

Tbonewannabe
02-14-2016, 10:19 AM
Now it is being reported on yahoo by a different reporter.

Tbonewannabe
02-14-2016, 03:24 PM
ESPN now reporting on Manning incident along with the environment at Tennessee.

PassInterference
02-14-2016, 03:32 PM

The had 20 years or so to report it, but they waited until the triumphant end of his career. That says the story doesn't carry its own weight.

Tbonewannabe
02-14-2016, 03:40 PM
The had 20 years or so to report it, but they waited until the triumphant end of his career. That says the story doesn't carry its own weight.

I believe the Mannings broke the gag order when they wrote about it in the book. That combined with the new lawsuit involving more than just Peyton is why it is coming up now.

BeastMan
02-14-2016, 04:57 PM

Yep. On ESPN radio this morning it said UT settled with the accuser on her wrongful termination suit. After the Mannings released the book she sued the Mannings for defamation and they chose to settle. The cold, hard truth is that no one (UT or the Mannings) want to be in a court with all the deposed witnesses testimonies pointing right at them.

SoJackDog
02-14-2016, 09:51 PM

Women in my family wouldn't take a career in a men's locker room.

Tbonewannabe
02-14-2016, 09:55 PM

Is this kind of like she wore a short skirt so she was asking for it? She was basically his doctor.

Churchill
02-14-2016, 10:11 PM
Is this kind of like she wore a short skirt so she was asking for it? She was basically his doctor.

Whose nickname was "c**t bumper". Now why do you suppose..........

BeardoMSU
02-14-2016, 10:46 PM

I'm sure you feel the kitchen is a much more appropriate job for a woman; **** getting an education.

She was a ****ing doctor.

BeardoMSU
02-14-2016, 10:47 PM

Are you saying it's wrong to sexually assault a woman, unless it is suspected that woman may or may not "get around"?

Tbonewannabe
02-14-2016, 10:57 PM

So it is ok if multiple people sexualy harrass the person?

MSUDawg99
02-15-2016, 02:24 PM
Why would this story come out now...wasn't this like 20yrs ago? It's ludicrous.