PDA

View Full Version : 2016 OM commits

MetEdDawg
02-13-2016, 10:04 AM
Let's just go ahead and say Coach 34 is right on what's being said about sanctions. Two questions I'm hoping someone can answer:

1) If the NCAA allows 2016 OM commits to opt out of their LOI to OM, would they be eligible to immediately sign an LOI and scholarship papers with another team and be eligible for the upcoming season?

2) If so, does anyone think we might be in the running to potentially sign any of their kids if they did?

My reason for asking is because of how we finished in our recruiting. We missed on Cush and Lash. But we almost always have a couple guys we have on the back burners waiting for us to give them a signing day offer and sign with us. We had none of that this year and it got me thinking. If the answer to my first question is yes, is it possible that we saved a few scholarships this go around just in case for guys that may want to come to good side after the OM fall out?

We knew what allegations were coming and had to also know some pretty damning details that weren't released, so we had to have done some research on what could potentially happen. Did we maybe hold off on offering a couple guys late in case something like this happened? Worst case scenario is we don't use those scholarships and have less to deal with to get down to 85 guys over the next couple years.

ShotgunDawg
02-13-2016, 10:10 AM
I think we would:

We have open scholarships while Bama is full.

- If the coaching staff gets let go, my guess is Patterson transfers to LSU & Little to A&M or OK

- I think we'd have a chance Benito Jones, maybe a kid or two from AL, TN, and Georgia and maybe that WR that no one likes. My guess is that he has too much pride though.

Dawg496
02-13-2016, 10:21 AM
Make AJ have to go to USM, take anyone else.

starkvegasdawg
02-13-2016, 10:23 AM
Make AJ have to go to USM, take anyone else.

USM is too good. Send him to Valley State.

SDDawg
02-13-2016, 10:25 AM
AJ is at home. He landed in the right place as he has shown.

BulldogBacker
02-13-2016, 10:26 AM
Let's just go ahead and say Coach 34 is right on what's being said about sanctions. Two questions I'm hoping someone can answer:

1) If the NCAA allows 2016 OM commits to opt out of their LOI to OM, would they be eligible to immediately sign an LOI and scholarship papers with another team and be eligible for the upcoming season?

2) If so, does anyone think we might be in the running to potentially sign any of their kids if they did?

My reason for asking is because of how we finished in our recruiting. We missed on Cush and Lash. But we almost always have a couple guys we have on the back burners waiting for us to give them a signing day offer and sign with us. We had none of that this year and it got me thinking. If the answer to my first question is yes, is it possible that we saved a few scholarships this go around just in case for guys that may want to come to good side after the OM fall out?

We knew what allegations were coming and had to also know some pretty damning details that weren't released, so we had to have done some research on what could potentially happen. Did we maybe hold off on offering a couple guys late in case something like this happened? Worst case scenario is we don't use those scholarships and have less to deal with to get down to 85 guys over the next couple years.

Most of their signing class "had their hands out." I don't want any of them, especially A.J. Brown.

basedog
02-13-2016, 10:43 AM
Most of their signing class "had their hands out." I don't want any of them, especially A.J. Brown.

I doubt many would bail out if any.

Dawgbite
02-13-2016, 10:49 AM
I really don't expect to see a conclusion to this before the season starts. I don't think we will see the mass exodus till next offseason.

Jack Lambert
02-13-2016, 10:51 AM
I think several will jump ship.

defiantdog
02-13-2016, 11:00 AM
i don't see many of these 2016 recruits leaving

Tripp McNeely
02-13-2016, 11:02 AM
How many players left USC? I honestly have no idea. It would be more than that. USC has brand recognition, and a significant portion of those guys would've gone to USC regardless...om doesn't have that

RIdog
02-13-2016, 11:03 AM

Not as long as the $$$$$ keep coming .......

msstate7
02-13-2016, 11:06 AM

According to how much of their payment they've gotten. If they cashed in already, they may open up recruitment again to get another pay day

KB21
02-13-2016, 11:09 AM
According to how much of their payment they've gotten. If they cashed in already, they may open up recruitment again to get another pay day

If they took inducements, they may be considered ineligible.

Dawgowar
02-13-2016, 11:11 AM
Valid points but if the payroll stops they will be thinking long and hard about their options. Mind you their motivation to succeed will blow chunks without bowls and the same staff.

TUSK
02-13-2016, 11:40 AM
I think we would:

We have open scholarships while Bama is full.

- If the coaching staff gets let go, my guess is Patterson transfers to LSU & Little to A&M or OK

- I think we'd have a chance Benito Jones, maybe a kid or two from AL, TN, and Georgia and maybe that WR that no one likes. My guess is that he has too much pride though.

They have some guys we'd "make room for"...

jumbo
02-13-2016, 11:43 AM
If they can prove that payments were made the players will have to pay it back or they will be ineligible

mic
02-13-2016, 11:44 AM
How many players left USC? I honestly have no idea. It would be more than that. USC has brand recognition, and a significant portion of those guys would've gone to USC regardless...om doesn't have that

Not sure.. But the year they played in the Las Vegas bowl, they had something like 44 scholarship players that game..

RC3
02-13-2016, 12:06 PM
smdh

Liverpooldawg
02-13-2016, 12:50 PM
Those guys may be untouchable when this is all over with. You already are seeing coaches being fired for being associated with it in the past.

Treemydawg
02-13-2016, 01:13 PM

+1