PDA

View Full Version : Coaching Alumni

nicks_hammer
02-13-2016, 09:39 AM
You know with all of the new hires and rumored hires of current high school coaches it got me curious as to what percentage of high school coaches graduated from State or UNM. Does any body already have this information.

Political Hack
02-13-2016, 09:55 AM
I don't know but I do know it's increased significantly over the last 10-20 years. Our Sports Admin program and teaching/coaching program is the best in state. That's starting to pay off I suppose. I will say though, that the coaches I know who have come from State, will absolutely not allow that to impact their involvement in a kids recruitment.

There are only 2 or 3 guys in the state that I'm aware of that push kids to certain schools. One is at Starkville high as an assistant that's friendly to Bama. Another got in enough heat in Jackson that he's had to settle down (friend of OM).

nicks_hammer
02-13-2016, 10:25 AM
I imagine that this would be difficult to track. I have not lived in MS in some time now and when we left USM typically supplied most teachers and coaches it seemed. We are planning on returning to MS later this year.

mic
02-13-2016, 10:28 AM
I don't know but I do know it's increased significantly over the last 10-20 years. Our Sports Admin program and teaching/coaching program is the best in state. That's starting to pay off I suppose. I will say though, that the coaches I know who have come from State, will absolutely not allow that to impact their involvement in a kids recruitment.

There are only 2 or 3 guys in the state that I'm aware of that push kids to certain schools. One is at Starkville high as an assistant that's friendly to Bama. Another got in enough heat in Jackson that he's had to settle down (friend of OM).

One also at Starkville that is VERY friendly to UMiss..

Martianlander
02-13-2016, 08:57 PM
One also at Starkville that is VERY friendly to UMiss..

He needs to be run out of town.

JoseBrown
02-13-2016, 09:11 PM
He needs to be run out of town.

Maybe we could send him a moving truck and a burner phone?!?

Westdawg
02-13-2016, 09:16 PM
By and large you will see 40%+ who are State grads. I would say a good 30% are grads of USM or one of the SWAC schools, and the other 30%+- are either OM grads, or OM fans who went to USM or Delta State.
It is unbelievable how 85-90% of football coaches in prep academies are pro OM....wait, never mind, it's not surprising.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
02-14-2016, 02:03 AM
No, you're right, it's not surprising...

But giv'em a break.** 50% of that 85-90% just trying to imitate their hero and do it the Vaught way.

Dawgtini
02-14-2016, 02:37 AM
By and large you will see 40%+ who are State grads. I would say a good 30% are grads of USM or one of the SWAC schools, and the other 30%+- are either OM grads, or OM fans who went to USM or Delta State.
It is unbelievable how 85-90% of football coaches in prep academies are pro OM....wait, never mind, it's not surprising.
+100 (and my kids are in private school)