PDA

View Full Version : Let's play a game of connect the dots....

DistrictDawg92
02-12-2016, 05:48 PM
-David Wells: Football player from 61-65; freshman team assistant from 66-67(Archie is a freshman in 67), assistant again 77-81, administrative position from 81-93, was responsible for the "athletic academic support office" before becoming the institutions first director of compliance in 94. After retiring as the Sr. Associate A.D. for Compliance and Student Services in 2011, he returned later that same year in a part time capacity as a Special Assistant to the Athletic Director (Compliance).

-Tommy Luke: Played football for OM from 63-66. The father of Tom Luke(earned three letters (1989-91); was Ole Miss coordinator of football operations from 04-05 under David Cutcliffe and Ed Orgeron. He had spent the last few years in the sporting goods business. Former Ole Miss quarterback Tom Luke returned to his alma mater in May 2013 when head coach Hugh Freeze hired him as Assistant Athletics Director for Player Development) and Matt Luke (lettered from (95-98), student assistant coach 99, tight end coach (02-05), offensive coordinator 2011-2015).

-Barney Farrar:Currently in his second stint with OM, served as Assistant Athletic Director for External Affairs in 2006, and was named Ole Miss? Assistant Athletics Director for High School and Junior College Relations on December 12, 2011. "He plays a vital role in recruiting, which has helped Ole Miss land three straight top-15 signing classes, including the 2013 haul that was ranked as high as No. 2 in the nation by 247Sports." per his olemisssports.com bio.

-David Saunders: 1998-2002(RC). 2006(LB). 2010(administrative operations coordinator)- received 8 year show cause this year due to OM and ULL investigations.

-Maurice Harris: Ole Miss's Assistant Athletics Director for Internal Football Operations(2006);Arkansas state TE coach(2008-2011); Ole Miss TE/Recruiting Coordinator for Offense(2011-2015)

-Chris Kiffin: Grad Assistant for OM(2007), Hired under Freeze as DL coach(2011) at Arkansas State "We were together at Mississippi and worked under Ed Orgeron together.  Obviously, we have the same recruiting philosophies and I know that he is going to do a great job at Arkansas State."-Kiffin after being hired at ASU. Followed Freeze to OM in 2011

-Chris Vaughn: assistant coach for Nutt(2001-2007), served as director of on campus recruiting in 2006 for Arkansas before following Nutt to Ole miss from (2008-2011). Recently fired from UT's coaching staff for involvement in OM's investigation.

-Derrick Nix: Assistant coach/RB coach for OM(2008-2015); only coach remaining from Nutt's staff.

-In 2011, Nutt is fired and Pete Boone is set to "step down". from AL.com article "With Boone's imminent retirement, Jones(former Chancellor) said a selection committee would be formed to recommend a new coach. It will be chaired by former Ole Miss great Archie Manning and FedEx executive vice president and Ole Miss alum Mike Glenn(who donated $500,000 to his alma mater, OM in 2007 and was appointed in 2013 to co-chair the next major capital campaign). If no one on the Rebels' current staff is retained, the total buyout could reach about $8 million. "We've done some cash flow analysis and I think we're in good shape to do this," Boone said. The committee lead by Manning and Glenn hired Bjork and Freeze to their AD and Head Coaching jobs.

-Bjork:University of Miami, Associate Athletic Director for External Operations from (2003-2005), major violations were found there from 2002-2010. Served as UCLA's Senior Associate Athletic Director for External Relations(2005-2010) where he Bjork is credited with directing capital fund raising, marketing, promotions, ticket sales, branding, licensing and merchandising. Total giving to UCLA athletics doubled in Bjork's first year.

-Hugh Freeze: 2005 assistant athletic director for external affairs; 2006-2007 recruiting coordinator; replaced Orgeron as interim head coach until Nutt was hired. Hired as Ole Miss HC in 2011 after a 2 years at Arkansas State as OC and HC respectively. "Everything I did over the past four years, it was all to come back because Ole Miss is a destination," Freeze said. "This is where I want to retire, this is home to me."

DistrictDawg92
02-12-2016, 06:43 PM
Regarding Branden Wenzel: From an Oxfordcitizen.com article interviewing Wenzel, "This week?s Q & A is with Branden Wenzel, the assistant recruiting director for Ole Miss football. Wenzel, along with the help of Lee Wilbanks and Bruce Johnson, two recruiting coordinators, help keep Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze and his staff moving in the right direction when it comes time to visit prospects. Wenzel is heavily involved in all aspects of football recruiting, including camps.
John Davis: How do you keep it all straight?
Branden Wenzel: Before they go out each week, Coach (Maurice) Harris and I put out a weekly plan and we will figure out where everybody is going."

The same Maurice Harris that is the current Recruiting Coordinator from Ole miss. The same Maurice Harris that was Arkansas State's TE coach from 2008-2011 and also OM's Assistant Athletics Director for Internal Football Operations in 2006. 2006 is also the same year that OM's current "Assistant Athletics Director for High School and Junior College Relations" Barney Farrer was OM's Assistant Athletic Director for External Affairs, the same year that David Saunders was OM's Linebacker coach and also the same year Hugh Freeze was OM's Recruiting Coordinator. I'm starting to pick up on a pattern, and it doesn't look good for Freeze.

RougeDawg
02-12-2016, 07:03 PM
Regarding Branden Wenzel: From an Oxfordcitizen.com article interviewing Wenzel, "This week?s Q & A is with Branden Wenzel, the assistant recruiting director for Ole Miss football. Wenzel, along with the help of Lee Wilbanks and Bruce Johnson, two recruiting coordinators, help keep Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze and his staff moving in the right direction when it comes time to visit prospects. Wenzel is heavily involved in all aspects of football recruiting, including camps.
John Davis: How do you keep it all straight?
Branden Wenzel: Before they go out each week, Coach (Maurice) Harris and I put out a weekly plan and we will figure out where everybody is going."

The same Maurice Harris that is the current Recruiting Coordinator from Ole miss. The same Maurice Harris that was Arkansas State's TE coach from 2008-2011 and also OM's Assistant Athletics Director for Internal Football Operations in 2006. 2006 is also the same year that OM's current "Assistant Athletics Director for High School and Junior College Relations" Barney Farrer was OM's Assistant Athletic Director for External Affairs, the same year that David Saunders was OM's Linebacker coach and also the same year Hugh Freeze was OM's Recruiting Coordinator. I'm starting to pick up on a pattern, and it doesn't look good for Freeze.

Based on his face, it hasn't looked good for Bucky from birth.

Jack Lambert
02-12-2016, 08:33 PM
Please tell me that MTS is fixing to fire tha fat ass nix. That fat bastard needs it after being a little prick printing off post from message boards to show recruits. What a dick.

DistrictDawg92
05-27-2016, 03:18 PM
Bump, a few of these dots are beginning to connect.

Westdawg
05-27-2016, 05:56 PM
Bump this again - I want to keep this in front of everyone's eyes 😎😎😁😁