PDA

View Full Version : Yancy speaks about Steve

Coach34
02-12-2016, 01:13 PM
I have no problem with someone that covers a fan site being a homer. That's what fan sites are for. I have no problem with him personally. We have patched our differences through the years and have honestly had a professional relationship the last few years. I also think he's a good dad to his kids and a husband to his wife.

But this witch hunt he's on has become obsessive and unprofessional (to say the least). It's unethical and unprofessional (that's being kind) but my goodness enough is enough.

Again, I've been in the business for 17 years and State has gone through two of these investigations. Not one time did I ever talk about their problems. Not once. It wasn't and isn't my place. There is an unwritten rule in our business and it's not to get into your rival school's NCAA business. Nobody crossed that line but Steve.

It makes him look desperate, jealous, unprofessional, unethical and most importantly an attention seeker all rolled up into one.

I was tipped off about a year ago that Steve was trying to get himself involved in this process with this NCAA probe. I predicted that when it became public that he was involved (which strangely he was the one that let the cat out of the bag) he would become a cult hero for the State fans, which he has. I also predicted their site would get a huge spike in subscriptions that year, which it has.

But after the dust had settled and what he has spewed (major sanctions, second letters (probably a third before you know it), didn't come to fruition, the MSU people were going to be in an uproar and they will take it out on Steve.

Then he's going to have an unhappy subscriber base and his sources are going to eventually cut him off because nobody can trust a snitch.

MSU is using Steve as a ginny pig. They are giving their blessings for Steve to go after OM (in my opinion) and they will also dump him on the side of the road like a cheap peace of old meat when it's over.

The only saving grace he could have is if OM did get hit hard by sanctions, but even at that, he will still be known in the industry as an unethical, unprofessional jealous fantatic that just happens to be a part of the media. (Yancy hinting to his sheep)

It's sad to watch this all unravel. It never had to be this way. All of this was going to go public no matter what Steve did or didn't do.

Sad.

BrunswickDawg
02-12-2016, 01:17 PM
Yancy must be feeling some real heat. That's Grade A whine right there.

Dawgowar
02-12-2016, 01:19 PM
Thought there was nothing to be made public. Won't speak to his claims of non-state bashing innocence. History gonna be an interpretive art in Oxford for the duration of this episode.

cheewgumm
So, what exactly did Steve do?

From what I can tell he:

1) Filed a FOIA request that is to date unmet.

The end.

I'm not sure what Yancy is talking about by "Getting involved".

DawgInMemphis
Ha, what's a ginny pig? Yancy must have been spending too much time with the UM hostesses.

Finna
02-12-2016, 01:20 PM
MSU is using Steve as a ginny pig. They are giving their blessings for Steve to go after OM (in my opinion) and they will also dump him on the side of the road like a cheap peace of old meat when it's over.

This alone should render everything he says worthless.

starkvegasdawg
02-12-2016, 01:21 PM
Sounds like he needs to change tampons.

Commercecomet24
02-12-2016, 01:22 PM
The bears never get this stirred up unless something bad is brewing. Evade, deflect, buy time. I'm totally convinced now they know it's gonna be bad. Otherwise they would be completely ignoring this.

1bigdawg
02-12-2016, 01:22 PM
Snitch is an interesting choice of words. It implies that he is telling a truth he should not tell because of some relationship. But Steve is technically a journalist.

Swami Dawg
02-12-2016, 01:24 PM
MSU is using Steve as a ginny pig.

As for one who is still learning use of proper English I am for to only having one questions.

What the 17 is a Ginny Pig?

I am not being familiar with it and the Googles are not eithers. I would be for to thinking someone who is being of professional reporters as Yancy would not be making up fairy tale animals. Or perhaps he is just always being telling fairy tales.

Swami

ElitedawgRecruiting
02-12-2016, 01:25 PM
Biggest thing you can take away from this. Bjork and Freeze are lying to their own media. And they are blaming other people.

msudawglb
02-12-2016, 01:27 PM
For the record, Steve did try to get the CL to do their job first, before he used the FOIA. Yancy's just jealous because he thougth FOIA stood for >>>

Fu-- Only In As-

TrapGame
02-12-2016, 01:33 PM
I think Yancy needs some this and quick.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51KnvL36z-L._SL500_AA300_PIbundle-4,TopRight,0,0_AA300_SH20_.jpg

maroonmania
02-12-2016, 01:33 PM
"I was tipped off about a year ago that Steve was trying to get himself involved in this process with this NCAA probe. I predicted that when it became public that he was involved (which strangely he was the one that let the cat out of the bag) he would become a cult hero for the State fans, which he has. I also predicted their site would get a huge spike in subscriptions that year, which it has."

What does this even mean? Is getting involved trying to get the truth out? I mean unless Yancy is saying that Steve has provided the NCAA with evidence of OM NCAA violations (which Steve has strictly denied) then this whole paragraph is garbage and means nothing because all Steve is doing right now is trying to force the ACTUAL truth out into the public on what has already been received from the NCAA. The Bears seem to be totally deadest to prevent that.

Steve has made it perfectly clear that if the Jackson paper or Tupelo paper or any other journalistic entity in the State were doing their job he wouldn't even be involved in this directly but they won't so he has taken on the task himself. When these 2 investigations that Yancy refers to were going on with MSU it was an everyday headline with the CL spewing every detail of everything like a soap opera so there was no need for people like Yancy to get involved. I am 110% sure though that if during those times there was ZERO coverage of it and only MSU spin was reported that Yancy would have been the first in line to do the exact same thing he is whining about Steve doing.

AlSwearengen
02-12-2016, 01:34 PM
yancy is going to get one of his more "unstable" members worked into a big enough frenzy that the dumb son of a bitch is going to end up assaulting rosie.

And what do they expect from their rival? We shouldn't get excited about their impending doom?

If they get hammered, the party line will eventually be that MSU is behind it. Last I checked though, we didn't recruit Tunsil, Treadwell, Little, etc., etc. But it will be MSU's fault.

AlmostPositive
02-12-2016, 01:34 PM
It is remarkable how much the UM faithful are talking about State in regard to their NCAA fiasco.

On the other hand, it is understandable that they would rather discuss something other than their infractions, of which there are multitudes..

In the meantime, pass me another peace of ginny pig!

yjnkdawg
02-12-2016, 01:35 PM
Ha, what's a ginny pig? Yancy must have been spending too much time with the UM hostesses.

ginny must be the guinea pig

Thompson92
02-12-2016, 01:39 PM
As a wise*** man once said:

"There is always jealousy involved when you have such success. People say, "You're doing this, doing that." You almost say it comes with the territory."

Coach34
02-12-2016, 01:39 PM
ginny must be the guinea pig

Thank you Doctor

Bully13
02-12-2016, 01:40 PM
Yancey is right on one thing and that is this will indeed be made public. Steve justs wants it now vs later. Steve has no way of getting them in anymore trouble than they are already in and Yancey seems to be insinuating otherwise. Lying to the public, your fans and your croots will soon be revealed and that is deserving of exposure. It's not steves fault they're making this worse than it already is by lying about it.

starkvegasdawg
02-12-2016, 01:41 PM

I was going to say I didn't know they used male hostesses, but then I remembered Robert Kimcheech.

Thick
02-12-2016, 01:42 PM
You have to excuse Yancy's spelling. He was drunk and pilled up when he wrote this piece.

nicks_hammer
02-12-2016, 01:43 PM
guinea pig: cute little rodent, not to be confused with a GUINEA WASP = A SEED OF HELL, VISCOUS AND GENERALLY MEAN AND ORNERY CRITTER.

ckDOG
02-12-2016, 01:45 PM
What's this I detect? A little anger? The Bears have officially transitioned into the 2nd stage of grief. As more info is known, we should soon see them transition into the 3rd stage - bargaining. This is where we will hear them rationalizing that everyone does it and that the NCAA shouldn't be too hard on them if they play nice for now on. The 3rd stage will last awhile as this likely drags out, but it'll be fun to watch the squirming.

maroonmania
02-12-2016, 01:47 PM
Yancey is right on one thing and that is this will indeed be made public. Steve justs wants it now vs later. Steve has no way of getting them in anymore trouble than they are already in and Yancey seems to be insinuating otherwise. Lying to the public, your fans and your croots will soon be revealed and that is deserving of exposure. It's not steves fault they're making this worse than it already is by lying about it.

Exactly, by making misleading statements like "involving himself in the NCAA probe" he is insinuating that somehow Steve is providing information to the NCAA to help get UNM into more hot water. Steve has flatly denied that he has had any contact with the NCAA on the matter.

Dawgtini
02-12-2016, 01:49 PM
This is what I just read from Yancy
http://i.imgur.com/cp92WKt.jpg

Political Hack
02-12-2016, 01:49 PM
Steve did the same thing to MSU he's doing to Ole Miss now. Yancy should've taken that into account. It's not a fanatical action, it's an egotistical need for him to be patted on the back by dozens upon dozens of adoring website subscribers. Yancy missed the boat on this one. Had he kept it simple and pointed out that Steve did the same thing and dug into the MSU NCAA investigation in an attempt to bury another website in the middle of the controversy, he would've been spot on and no one could've argued against that.

However, to paint this as a witch hunt because he's a fan of a rival school is far from the truth when attempting to calculate his motives. His ego is his motive, and this time it's actually working in State's favor. So, cheers Rosie! Keep it up.

Lumpy Chucklelips
02-12-2016, 01:53 PM
Exactly, by making misleading statements like "involving himself in the NCAA probe" he is insinuating that somehow Steve is providing information to the NCAA to help get UNM into more hot water. Steve has flatly denied that he has had any contact with the NCAA on the matter.

I hope the hell the NCAA has contacted Steve. I'm sure he's heard his fair share of shenanigan's and can point them in the right direction. Hail Steve!

maroonmania
02-12-2016, 01:57 PM
Steve did the same thing to MSU he's doing to Ole Miss now. Yancy should've taken that into account. It's not a fanatical action, it's an egotistical need for him to be patted on the back by dozens upon dozens of adoring website subscribers. Yancy missed the boat on this one. Had he kept it simple and pointed out that Steve did the same thing and dug into the MSU NCAA investigation in an attempt to bury another website in the middle of the controversy, he would've been spot on and no one could've argued against that.

However, to paint this as a witch hunt because he's a fan of a rival school is far from the truth when attempting to calculate his motives. His ego is his motive, and this time it's actually working in State's favor. So, cheers Rosie! Keep it up.

Oh I agree, and that's why I am not ready to just lavish praise on Steve. No doubt if the situation were reversed he would be making our lives hell digging and reporting into every aspect of it even though he is supposed to be OUR guy.

Bubb Rubb
02-12-2016, 02:00 PM
I hope the hell the NCAA has contacted Steve. I'm sure he's heard his fair share of shenanigan's and can point them in the right direction. Hail Steve!

That's one of the reasons he has injected himself into this. He has been interviewed by the NCAA. He has had a front row seat to this whole thing, and when he saw how the CL and other media were ignoring it, or even worse, getting rid of people who wrote about it, he decided to act.

Of course, it's good for his business. But Yancy is full of shit. If the shoe were on the other foot he would be doing the same thing. He made the snide remarks about Jackie back in the day, too.

MedDawg
02-12-2016, 02:11 PM

dawggoneit
02-12-2016, 02:54 PM
State using Steve as a "ginny pig". OM has been using Yancy as a gerbil for years. He's been up their a** a far back as I can remember.

turkish
02-12-2016, 03:11 PM
ARMAGEDDON!

SDDawg
02-12-2016, 03:15 PM
Steve a pimp, Yancy limp. Ain't nothin' else to say.

Taog Redloh
02-12-2016, 03:17 PM

Rosebowl is a damned clown, no matter what happens with this investigation.

CadaverDawg
02-12-2016, 03:18 PM
Yancey is a peace of wirk. Your knot going two beleive his reaction win the hammr finale drops. Thats four shure.*

What a dipshit.

Sounds like the bully on A Christmas Story after Ralphie whipped his ass.

Indndawg
02-12-2016, 03:24 PM
So is a Ginny Pig>/< than a Rented Mule

Dawg496
02-12-2016, 03:32 PM
Yancy talking about anyone else being unprofessional is gold. This is the same guy that goes to the Library on recruiting parties to spy on 16 year old boys.

mstatefan91
02-12-2016, 03:34 PM
The spin has been evolving over the past two to three days to insinuate that MSU/MSU media are behind everything. Desperation mode.

Really Clark?
02-12-2016, 03:40 PM
Yep. Laying the ground work that all of this was our doings. Bama and all those other schools really wasn't involved. It was us trying to keep them from blowing further way from us.

MSUDawg99
02-12-2016, 03:49 PM
I have no problem with someone that covers a fan site being a homer. That's what fan sites are for. I have no problem with him personally. We have patched our differences through the years and have honestly had a professional relationship the last few years. I also think he's a good dad to his kids and a husband to his wife.

But this witch hunt he's on has become obsessive and unprofessional (to say the least). It's unethical and unprofessional (that's being kind) but my goodness enough is enough.

Again, I've been in the business for 17 years and State has gone through two of these investigations. Not one time did I ever talk about their problems. Not once. It wasn't and isn't my place. There is an unwritten rule in our business and it's not to get into your rival school's NCAA business. Nobody crossed that line but Steve.

It makes him look desperate, jealous, unprofessional, unethical and most importantly an attention seeker all rolled up into one.

I was tipped off about a year ago that Steve was trying to get himself involved in this process with this NCAA probe. I predicted that when it became public that he was involved (which strangely he was the one that let the cat out of the bag) he would become a cult hero for the State fans, which he has. I also predicted their site would get a huge spike in subscriptions that year, which it has.

But after the dust had settled and what he has spewed (major sanctions, second letters (probably a third before you know it), didn't come to fruition, the MSU people were going to be in an uproar and they will take it out on Steve.

Then he's going to have an unhappy subscriber base and his sources are going to eventually cut him off because nobody can trust a snitch.

The only saving grace he could have is if OM did get hit hard by sanctions, but even at that, he will still be known in the industry as an unethical, unprofessional jealous fantatic that just happens to be a part of the media. (Yancy hinting to his sheep)

It's sad to watch this all unravel. It never had to be this way. All of this was going to go public no matter what Steve did or didn't do.

Sad.

1) Condescending much? Pretty sure Steve doesn't care what you think & damn sure isn't looking for your approval.
2) Who does he think he is with all these predictions coming true? Elitedawgs?
3) Ginny...guinea ~ but hey...what is spelling & grammar anyway to a journalist?

drunkernhelldawg
02-12-2016, 03:52 PM
The writers' life is not for wimps.

sleepy dawg
02-12-2016, 04:00 PM
As for one who is still learning use of proper English I am for to only having one questions.

I am not being familiar with it and the Googles are not eithers. I would be for to thinking someone who is being of professional reporters as Yancy would not be making up fairy tale animals. Or perhaps he is just always being telling fairy tales.

Swami

You have passed the point of annoying. Could you just drop the persona and be a normal person?... if you're even a state fan.

mstatefan91
02-12-2016, 04:01 PM
You have passed the point of annoying. Could you just drop the persona and be a normal person?... if you're even a state fan.

Swami is amazing. You should try for to be more like Swami.

ElitedawgRecruiting
02-12-2016, 04:06 PM
Anyone else notice a glaring omission on the ole miss staff as of today?

AlmostPositive
02-12-2016, 04:13 PM

Integrity?

Really Clark?
02-12-2016, 04:15 PM

Wenzel was discussed in the other thread

ElitedawgRecruiting
I meant like a person. Not like a quality

mstatefan91

Honesty?

But really, Branden Winzel. Unless you are saying there is someone else?

ElitedawgRecruiting
02-12-2016, 04:16 PM
Let's just say it's more then one. I am gonna leave it alone until it goes public

AlmostPositive
02-12-2016, 04:19 PM
Freezus is going to get the current staff back at Briarcrest fired before this is over with...

TrapGame
02-12-2016, 04:19 PM
Let's just say it's more then one. I am gonna leave it alone until it goes public

DAAAAAAMMMNN!

mstatefan91
02-12-2016, 04:20 PM

And when do you expect that to be?

ElitedawgRecruiting
02-12-2016, 04:21 PM
Don't know. But hell its something new everyday.

TrapGame
02-12-2016, 04:23 PM
She's "Recruiting Assistant"? This really caught my attention. Is she the Head Hostess?

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4086/5034499122_86d6479388_b.jpg

https://media.licdn.com/mpr/mpr/shrinknp_200_200/p/7/005/06b/008/24a1826.jpg

mstatefan91
02-12-2016, 04:25 PM
Don't know. But hell its something new everyday.

It will probably drop around 5 pm on Finebaum and then Bjork will do a prime time spot with RebelGrove at 8:45 pm.

Coach34
02-12-2016, 04:55 PM
Freezus is going to get the current staff back at Briarcrest fired before this is over with...

I laughed

Drugs Delaney
02-12-2016, 05:09 PM
Rosebowl/Coach 34 2016

Political Hack
02-12-2016, 05:16 PM
It will probably drop around 5 pm on Finebaum and then Bjork will do a prime time spot with RebelGrove at 8:45 pm.

He'll have an "exclusive" with the daily journal where he says want he wants to say and doesn't answer any of the questions. That's how the big boy papers do it in the Magnolia State!!!

mstatefan91
02-12-2016, 05:20 PM
He'll have an "exclusive" with the daily journal where he says want he wants to say and doesn't answer any of the questions. That's how the big boy papers do it in the Magnolia State!!!

So that means Archie will go to the CL this time around? Gotta keep people on their toes.

GTHOM
02-12-2016, 06:39 PM
This is the same guy who spews unbased pro ole miss crap to his subscriber base every single year when recruiting heats up. Sounds like the pot calling the kettle black to me. Steve is doing the job nobody else would. God I wish I could do it

Dawgtini
02-12-2016, 06:50 PM
Swami is amazing. You should try for to be more like Swami.
+1

Bamboo
02-12-2016, 09:18 PM

https://vine.co/v/hUPx2qJ6dBD

Mutt the Hoople
02-12-2016, 10:01 PM

Swami
He IS a fairy tale