PDA

View Full Version : Why hasn't Joe Schad, Bruce Feldman, Rosell started tweeting about OM?

ShotgunDawg
08-12-2013, 07:23 AM
I thought I remember Schad, Feldman, and Pete Rosell jumping all over the Will Redmond story last year and other investigations. Just ready to see them treat everyone else the same.

Thick
08-12-2013, 09:00 AM
That's a damn good question!!

Political Hack
08-12-2013, 09:08 AM
how can they do that when they've aligned themselves so closely with Hugh Freeze's amazing recruiting class.

They better just hope they don't become a part of the story.

Ronny
08-12-2013, 10:05 AM
..tweet them & ask them to explain their silence on the matter.

If an Ole Miss player was being interviewed concerning his recruitment surrounding Miss. State, they would be going nuts with their idiotc tweets.

And while I'm at it, todays CL sports section didn't mention any of this. I'm sure they have to "confirm everything with their sources" before they can break the story. Laugh out loud.

GiggityDawg
08-12-2013, 10:06 AM
Because there's nothing to report. If there was something there, these vultures would be all over it, but unfortunately, it's not. Some of you need to throw a bucket of ice on your crotches and quit falling for all of the "OM Gone Burn!" hooplah.

It's funny how so many folks keep teasing "what they know" on here, yet no one is speaking specifics (unless I've missed it). So would some of you, please, start getting specific with what you know.

The Croom Diaries
08-12-2013, 10:10 AM
Because there's nothing to report. If there was something there, these vultures would be all over it, but unfortunately, it's not. Some of you need to throw a bucket of ice on your crotches and quit falling for all of the "OM Gone Burn!" hooplah.

It's funny how so many folks keep teasing "what they know" on here, yet no one is speaking specifics (unless I've missed it). So would some of you, please, start getting specific with what you know.

This is a free board that has just as many OM snoops reading as MSU right now. So no, you'll just have to take what you see at face value.

deltadawg99
08-12-2013, 10:11 AM
Feldman has always been pro Ole Miss dating back to the Meat Market days with Eddie O.

Rossell played at OM and lives in Oxford so I guarantee he doesn't want to rock the boat by actually giving negative press to the blue bloods.

Thick
It would not be in our best interest to divulge that information on a message board that anybody can read. Plus we live in a very litigious world, and with who this involves, well you get the picture.

Ronny

...hell do you mean there is nothing to report?

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/jeremy-fowler/23107822/source-ncaa-questions-mississippi-state-de-chris-jones-on-ole-miss-recruitment

There is a shitload to report.

Please join us here on planet Earth.

GiggityDawg
08-12-2013, 10:21 AM
Wasn't it reported last week that the NCAA has already stated that there's nothing to report on CJ Johnson; everything is fine there?

One of the 247 National guys reported this morning on OOB that he'd be surprised if anything came of this. He said the NCAA routinely inquires about unique situations - a half-ass program pulling off a top notch recruiting class. He said this was more procedural than anything to raise an eyebrow.

As much as I'd like to see OM get caught, I just don't think it's going to happen because the ****tards at the NCAA want to ask Jones a few questions.

I think most of you on here are letting your dreams get the best of you and driving you to irrationality. I'll gladly eat crow if wrong, though.

The Croom Diaries
08-12-2013, 10:24 AM
Wasn't it reported last week that the NCAA has already stated that there's nothing to report on CJ Johnson; everything is fine there?

One of the 247 National guys reported this morning on OOB that he'd be surprised if anything came of this. He said the NCAA routinely inquires about unique situations - a half-ass program pulling off a top notch recruiting class. He said this was more procedural than anything to raise an eyebrow.

As much as I'd like to see OM get caught, I just don't think it's going to happen because the ****tards at the NCAA want to ask Jones a few questions.

I think most of you on here are letting your dreams get the best of you and driving you to irrationality. I'll gladly eat crow if wrong, though.

Why don't you just be quiet then. Believe what you want to, but don't give OM any bait to believe they are right in denial. I wrote a little something this morning for people like you: http://www.forwhomthecowbelltolls.com/2013/8/12/4613886/a-message-to-state-fans

GiggityDawg
08-12-2013, 10:32 AM
This is a sports message board, chief; so I'm going to voice my rational opinion on it. I don't listen to OM bullshit, and I don't take much MSU bullshit to heart. I stick with the facts; I don't wallow in rumors, like others seemingly love to do. I'm not being swayed by any OM propaganda, because I don't follow any OM reports, etc. When more facts arise in this situation, I'll be more inclined to jump on board. But as long as a crew of pissed off MSU fans are teasing and hinting rumors, I'm withhold my excitement. I'll wait on some more facts. The only unbiased opinion I've heard on this situation said there's nothing to see here, so I'm going to continue to put some stock in that, for the time being.

But I would love for some of you, who are teasing so much, to start getting specific with what you claim to know. Teasing information just makes you look like you're full of shit.

ShotgunDawg
08-12-2013, 10:33 AM

A few things:

1. The NCAA doesn't check into top recruits anymore. That is a thing of the past according to Rosebowl this morning

2. The 247 guy this morning, Shurrbert, used this as his basis, and, really, there isn't anything more to report right now because he doesn't know what the NCAA is doing. Plus, he runs a business and can't piss off some of his customers without evidence.

In conclusion, you can't take anything from what he said this morning because he simply doesn't know.

engie
08-12-2013, 10:33 AM

No. OLE MISS reported last week that the NCAA didn't find anything on CJ. The NCAA hasn't said a word.

That 24/7 national guy isn't aligning with what Paul Jones is saying at all...and everyone knows Paul hates to get in the middle of that type of stuff.

So, this "procedural" look also decided to drop in on a JUNIOR to check him out while "doing a routine look" at the signing class?

There's an awful lot of smoke -- and literally everyone that I consider well-connected on our side are saying the same thing -- that they are in major trouble that we can prove. I imagine that's true all over the country...

GiggityDawg
08-12-2013, 10:37 AM
So far, we've seen one article about Jones; to me that's a little smoke. I just have a hard time putting much stock into message board rumors. I also think if this was remotely a reportable story, other media members would be all over it.

FlabLoser
08-12-2013, 10:47 AM
GiggityDawg, your defense of Ole Miss has been duly noted. Enough.

BeastMan
08-12-2013, 10:47 AM
Just want to note, a national recruiting guy isn't exactly the best source for everything. We like to think all these media guys are experts in everything. They aren't. A national 247 guy also changed a story w/a kids qoute about OM's grad rate b/c OM compliance complained to them. All of this after the grad rate qoute didnt match public information APR stuff. These national guys depend on having access to schools for their job. They won't do anything to interrupt that.

The other main thing I want to note is the OM attitude in comparison to ours in these situations. MSU fans & administration admit guilt and duck their head. OM fans are saying in unison "No proof, go screw yourself". David Johnson of 247 said their administration has a "bring it on" mentality.

That was exactly what I wrote about last week. MSU needing an attitude change. Stricklin is a smart guy. Our policies and procedures don't suck, our attitude does. Don't even get me started on our fans attitude...

Jack Lambert
08-12-2013, 10:48 AM
This is a sports message board, chief; so I'm going to voice my rational opinion on it. I don't listen to OM bullshit, and I don't take much MSU bullshit to heart. I stick with the facts; I don't wallow in rumors, like others seemingly love to do. I'm not being swayed by any OM propaganda, because I don't follow any OM reports, etc. When more facts arise in this situation, I'll be more inclined to jump on board. But as long as a crew of pissed off MSU fans are teasing and hinting rumors, I'm withhold my excitement. I'll wait on some more facts. The only unbiased opinion I've heard on this situation said there's nothing to see here, so I'm going to continue to put some stock in that, for the time being.

But I would love for some of you, who are teasing so much, to start getting specific with what you claim to know. Teasing information just makes you look like you're full of shit.

Like I said on another thread I don't care if anything comes out of this or not. I just want this stuff hanging over their heads for five months or so. It makes them nervous and it give ammo to our recruiters. One more thing it might be nothing but you never want the NCAA asking questions about your team and you really don't want them asking someone who sign with you in state rival. You never know where it can lead.

Coach34
08-12-2013, 10:52 AM
So far, we've seen one article about Jones; to me that's a little smoke. I just have a hard time putting much stock into message board rumors. I also think if this was remotely a reportable story, other media members would be all over it.

Jones wont be the last name to come out, there is a list of people being questioned chief...just wait and let them do their thing

mic
08-12-2013, 10:53 AM

Seems like a lot of smoke to me for something that broke just 12 hours ago. The CJ thing is not over it will be tied into this. I hope it drags out for months . Uncovering new info along the way and giving them a huge shit pile. Give the players involved something to think about during the year, the coaches to have sleepless nights, recruits fearing to go there, future recruiting visits to be watched more by the NCAA ect.ect....

The Croom Diaries
08-12-2013, 10:53 AM

Ok guy who doesn't know anything but is bullying others on the message boards who do to tell him what's up. No one has to divulge what they know. In fact, no one should get into specifics. Plenty of people have information that don't even 'tease' as you say. You should be thanking the 'teasers' for at least giving you something rather than demanding more info, because they don't have to give you anything. What's said on message boards are for the benefit of State fans. If you need more info - get more connections or starting your own investigation.

GiggityDawg
08-12-2013, 11:11 AM
Please, quote my defense of OM. Not buying into rumors (before they're fact, if ever fact) is not defending a side.