PDA

View Full Version : Come clean: did any of you ever for a minute buy Freeze as what he pretended to be?

AlmostPositive
02-12-2016, 11:15 AM
98% of UM nation bought in from day one.

State fans were closer to 98% con artist / hypocrite.

Every hour it seems a little more obvious who was right.

Bearfans bought a bill of goods. They haven't even begun to pay for it yet.

Jack Lambert
02-12-2016, 11:16 AM
Hell no that son of a bitch is going to burn in hell.

jumbo
02-12-2016, 11:18 AM
I've disliked him since my senior year of HS when he wrote me up for wearing ankle socks.

Dawgtini
02-12-2016, 11:18 AM
Nope. Too overt and too over the top. If you are living your faith you don't have to spend all your time telling others about it.

AlmostPositive
02-12-2016, 11:21 AM
I fear for his soul.

TrapGame
02-12-2016, 11:22 AM
Hell no that son of a bitch is going to burn in hell.

http://reactiongif.org/wp-content/uploads/GIF/2014/08/GIF-burning-Dr.-Steve-Brule-fire-flame-flaming-hell-jaw-drop-OMG-WTF-ZOMG-GIF.gif

msudawg1200
02-12-2016, 11:24 AM
Heck no. I could read right through that hypocrite. I had two guys I knew, one a LSU fan the other a State fan, who both followed him on twitter and thought he was a real great guy. I never bought his garbage. Used to tell them all the time. True Christians don't beat their chests and say "look at me I'm a Christian". Their lives and actions show that. Anyone who uses, sells religion to further their football career, well that's not good.

Mjoelner34
02-12-2016, 11:25 AM
Heck no. I could read right through that hypocrite. I had two guys I knew, one a LSU fan the other a State fan, who both followed him on twitter and thought he was a real great guy. I never bought his garbage. Used to tell them all the time. True Christians don't beat their chests and say "look at me I'm a Christian". Their lives and actions show that. Anyone who uses sells religion to further their football career, well that's not good.

YES!

Lumpy Chucklelips
02-12-2016, 11:29 AM
Nope. Not for a minute. And reference to the OM fans falling all over themselves because of him, all I have to say is:

Look back to Tuberville; they did the same when he was there. Ended up hating his guts.
Look back to Orgeron; they did the same when he was there. Ended up hating his guts.
Look back to Nutt; they did the same when he was there. Ended up hating his guts.

Look presently to Freeze; the are doing the same while he is there. How it that going to end up?? Stay tuned.

QuadrupleOption
02-12-2016, 11:30 AM

I am always wary of anyone who wears their religion on their sleeves the way he does. The people I know who truly walk the walk do not spend every waking moment talking about it they way he does. God does not care about football, and playing football has nothing to do with being religious in any capacity.

As well, he's a public employee and shouldn't be using his position of authority as a bully pulpit for proselytizing his religion. I know that's going to be hard for some to take, and I'm really NOT anti-religion. I just think a person's relationship with the Creator is a personal matter and shouldn't be plastered all over the damn TV every time you open your mouth.

msudawg1200
02-12-2016, 11:34 AM
Nope. Not for a minute. And reference to the OM fans falling all over themselves because of him, all I have to say is:

Look back to Tuberville; they did the same when he was there. Ended up hating his guts.
Look back to Orgeron; they did the same when he was there. Ended up hating his guts.
Look back to Nutt; they did the same when he was there. Ended up hating his guts.

Look presently to Freeze; the are doing the same while he is there. How it that going to end up?? Stay tuned.

The Bears are definitely a cult. All the classic makings of it. Next thing you know Hugh will take them off to the woods of Lafayette County and have a "White Night". That's a Jonestown reference by the way.

RougeDawg
02-12-2016, 11:37 AM

Big f*cking difference in the three previous coaches and Bucky. None of those coaches openly and vehemently pushed religion as a persona and main recruiting tool. The national media people deserve to lose their jobs as we'll if they fail to point out the hypocrisy of Bucky. Hardly any of them are even mentioning the deceit and lies of last weeks recruits. Seems like a slam dunk story to generate as many clicks as Bucky bending over a student at Briarchrest.

Taog Redloh
02-12-2016, 11:37 AM
I do think he is a legit Christian, but like everybody else, he isn't perfect. He has that Southern Baptist aww shucks stuff going on, mixed with a little plausible deniability. He knows that boosters are paying money like crazy, but he rationalizes it by not being directly or indirectly involved himself.

I don't know that I'd call him a con artist. I think he believes in what he's doing. I just think he turns a blind eye to the other stuff and CHOOSES not to believe it when it's obvious it is happening. Sort of hollow IMO.

Beaver
02-12-2016, 11:40 AM
I'll be honest. I did. For the first year.. maybe.. I kind of thought he was going to be a Mark Richt type of coach. Richt is a great man and a great Christian. Hugh came in and while I obviously didn't want him to succeed, I didn't mind the fact that he seemed to be a nice person, and could potentially have a great influence on some young men from Mississippi. The icing on the cake was when my friend (OM Alumnus) sent him a letter asking if he'd like to donate to her to help raise money for her mission trip to Brazil. He gave her $5000, which was over 2x the amount she needed.

However, as time went on, I began to see through the bible verses, and the 'motivational speeches' Hugh was using to recruit players and families. He started to come off as an sneaky little tool who would use whatever tactic necessary to "Win the day". He can't handle himself on Twitter, and many of his players are in worse shape now than they were before they arrived at OM. The reality is that he's probably a somewhat decent person who actually does want to help people succeed.. But I don't think he sees some of the things that he's doing as 'wrong' or hypocritical. That's the biggest issue with him to me. At the end of the day he'll do whatever it takes to help HIMSELF succeed. And that's ok--but not when you preach to everybody else a different message.

Dawgfan61
02-12-2016, 11:42 AM
I do think he is a legit Christian, but like everybody else, he isn't perfect.

I agree with this. I think that he has separated his job from his beliefs. He is a win-at-all-costs coach. He will do whatever it takes to win games, period. Witness the Chad Kelly saga last year.

Lumpy Chucklelips
02-12-2016, 11:43 AM
Big f*cking difference in the three previous coaches and Bucky. None of those coaches openly and vehemently pushed religion as a persona and main recruiting tool. The national media people deserve to lose their jobs as we'll if they fail to point out the hypocrisy of Bucky. Hardly any of them are even mentioning the deceit and lies of last weeks recruits. Seems like a slam dunk story to generate as many clicks as Bucky bending over a student at Briarchrest.

I wasn't comparing the coaches to each other. I was pointing out the fact that all OM fans were "all in", loved them while they were there, believed each one's individual message, but that all of the relationships ended in divorce.

dickiedawg
02-12-2016, 11:46 AM
I will say this: He pulled the wool over our church's pastor's eyes. When he (the pastor, an unapologetic State man) spoke from the pulpit about what a genuine, God fearing man Hugh is, it made me wonder if I was wrong about ol' Hugh. That wondering didn't last long.

AlmostPositive
02-12-2016, 11:48 AM
I do think he is a legit Christian, but like everybody else, he isn't perfect. He has that Southern Baptist aww shucks stuff going on, mixed with a little plausible deniability. He knows that boosters are paying money like crazy, but he rationalizes it by not being directly or indirectly involved himself.

I don't know that I'd call him a con artist. I think he believes in what he's doing. I just think he turns a blind eye to the other stuff and CHOOSES not to believe it when it's obvious it is happening. Sort of hollow IMO.

You seem to have a very low opinion of "legit Christians."

dawggoneit
02-12-2016, 11:50 AM
Big difference in proclaiming your Christianity and trying to use that to further your status in life. To turn a blind eye to things like he does tells me all I need to know about the man.

Hunkaburningdawg
02-12-2016, 11:52 AM
I think he would say whatever he has too to win people over for his gain. You are judged by the fruit you bear. He has had some real "winners" come thru his program.

MadDawg
02-12-2016, 11:56 AM

I agree.

chef dixon
02-12-2016, 12:01 PM
He really wants to be what he tries to be but he can't help but do all the bullshit under the table. The cheating has been part of his career at all stops. He can't help it and is driven by it because it makes people like him. He tries so hard to maintain his image to a fault. He's in a constant struggle with himself.

msudawglb
02-12-2016, 12:09 PM
http://www.elitedawgs.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1760&d=1455296894

Liverpooldawg
02-12-2016, 12:10 PM
I have no idea if his faith is genuine or not, I'm not qualified to judge that. I do tend to mistrust anyone who appears to be using their faith to sell something though. It doesn't matter if it's football or used cars, it just rubs me the wrong way.

Taog Redloh
02-12-2016, 12:14 PM
You seem to have a very low opinion of "legit Christians."
Christians are sinners too, bro. They just put their trust in God.

I am prepared to debate this if you want to go down that rabbit hole.

Swami Dawg
02-12-2016, 12:14 PM
I have no idea if his faith is genuine or not, I'm not qualified to judge that. I do tend to mistrust anyone who appears to be using their faith to sell something though. It doesn't matter if it's football or used cars, it just rubs me the wrong way.

I am for to just be leaving this heres.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-SHLwCXsyHx8/TsiSOQNAnsI/AAAAAAAAAj0/ED0nnTthFHM/s1600/JESUSOCCUPY.jpg

Taog Redloh
02-12-2016, 12:19 PM
You are judged by the fruit you bear.
Wait, you mean it's OK to judge a Christian, but not OK to judge everyone else (you know, the same spill that is heard over and over about how Christians 'judge' people).

By the way, it isn't about you. I agree with you. Just pointing out another inconsistency of the modern 'worldly view'.

Commercecomet24
02-12-2016, 12:21 PM
Had a great man tell me one time share your testimony of Jesus Christ with others and sometimes use word! So as many others on here have said I didn't believe a word he said cuz real Christians show you by their actions they don't have to tell you how great a Christian they are.

DancingRabbit
02-12-2016, 12:38 PM
I never bought his holy persona. Partly because my radar automatically kicks in when someone is using religion to sell you something.

In addition, the way he got hired at OM. Some of tidbits from Meat Market, such as describing Hugh as Orgeron's "right-hand man". Add the fact that he got caught cheating from the moment he stepped on campus.

I will say that I was surprised that so many bought into his spiel, and surprised that he's been this successful.

RougeDawg
02-12-2016, 12:48 PM
I wasn't comparing the coaches to each other. I was pointing out the fact that all OM fans were "all in", loved them while they were there, believed each one's individual message, but that all of the relationships ended in divorce.

I get that. I guess I should have further elaborated. I was getting at the fact that this time their Messiah is also held in this same light by the majority of national media members. Which also shows how ignorant and orrelevant they all are to not call his Chest bumping bible thumping bs from day one.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
02-12-2016, 12:49 PM

After Sleeze was announced as their new coach, I asked a bear buddy who he was. When he mentioned something about The Blind Side and he came with Oher to mississippi, I knew then Sleeze was crooked as a dog's hind leg.

PassInterference
02-12-2016, 12:49 PM
I am always skeptical of anybody selling Jesus for big profits.

BulldogBacker
02-12-2016, 12:54 PM
I think he would say whatever he has too to win people over for his gain. You are judged by the fruit you bear. He has had some real "winners" come thru his program.

NO!

dawgoneyall
02-12-2016, 03:04 PM

Does that explain his extracurricular activity at Briarcrest?
And when he told B Brown's mother Mullen was an atheist one knew his true character.

MSUDawg99
02-12-2016, 03:12 PM
I will say this: He pulled the wool over our church's pastor's eyes. When he (the pastor, an unapologetic State man) spoke from the pulpit about what a genuine, God fearing man Hugh is, it made me wonder if I was wrong about ol' Hugh. That wondering didn't last long.

DITTO this for me.

BrunswickDawg
02-12-2016, 03:17 PM
Freeze has always reminded my of the youth minister at the church I grew up in. He tried too hard to be "cool" to the guys, and for some reason let the hot girls borrow his convertible mustang and would bring them lunch on occasion. You knew something was up, but you never could pin it down.