PDA

View Full Version : Is Ole Miss U going o release the NOA this afternoon?

cheewgumm
02-12-2016, 10:47 AM
Being Friday, going into a long weekend, I'm thinking they might .

jumbo
02-12-2016, 10:53 AM
Doubt it

mstatefan91
02-12-2016, 10:57 AM
Not at all likely. They will delay as long as possible. They will deliver it when they are forced to on the 90th day.

AlmostPositive
02-12-2016, 11:02 AM
If they were going to to release it before they absolutely had to, they already would have.

It's toxic. They have made the calculation that hiding it as long as they can and lying about what's in it is the least painful path. That says a lot to anyone with half a brain.

Mjoelner34
02-12-2016, 11:07 AM
If they were going to to release it before they absolutely had to, they already would have.

It's toxic. They have made the calculation that hiding it as long as they can and lying about what's in it is the least painful path. That says a lot to anyone with half a brain.

Maybe they're not legally allowed to release it. If, like some have stated, there is no 2nd letter then all of the current stuff being investigated (yes Bjerk, there are still ongoing investigations) will be added to the current letter which means this letter is still part of an active investigation and will remain so until the NCAA says otherwise.

AlmostPositive
02-12-2016, 11:19 AM
Not only are they allowed to release it, they have to release it. The public funds Ole Miss and they are accountable. Confidentiality issues can be addressed with redactions.

Ole Miss is simply stalling. And lying.

Notice that the recruits told the same story as Ole Miss media outlets: 5 football violations, all before Freeze. They are, as I said, stalling and lying.

ShotgunDawg
02-12-2016, 11:22 AM
http://i.imgur.com/FNOKm1o.jpg

Coach007
02-12-2016, 11:23 AM
They will delay and leak small information to control public perception

AlmostPositive
02-12-2016, 11:32 AM
The excuse of not having possession of the letter as a reason not to release it is what the two lawyers were discussing here a couple of weeks ago. If it is a valid excuse under Mississippi law, the law is poorly written. Anyone public institution with something to hide can simply take on a lawyer in New Orleans or Atlanta and defy any otherwise legitimate pubic records request.

In any case, it's a lie.... they have copies.

yjnkdawg
02-12-2016, 11:39 AM
Nope, I feel like they will fight it to the bitter end.

Homedawg
02-12-2016, 11:48 AM
Not a chance in hell they release it....

yjnkdawg
02-12-2016, 11:59 AM
The excuse of not having possession of the letter as a reason not to release it is what the two lawyers were discussing here a couple of weeks ago. If it is a valid excuse under Mississippi law, the law is poorly written. Anyone public institution with something to hide can simply take on a lawyer in New Orleans or Atlanta and defy any otherwise legitimate pubic records request.

In any case, it's a lie.... they have copies.

It is a state public record, no matter where somebody says it is. Ole Miss is a State Agency/Institution (University) so they are required by State Law to comply with any record requests submitted by means of the MS Public Records Act. This would be any records under their purview, whether they pertain to the university or not, unless records were exempt, which should not be applicable in this situation. It may be the case, that if there is an ongoing investigation, they may not can legally release it because it would effect the investigation. Otherwise, it would be available under the Act, unless they found some other loophole, which is doubtful.

I read on the NCAA Website where it said they send a NOA to the President of the Institution (University), and any other parties, such as AD, Compliance, School Attorney etc. that the President wishes it to be sent to. In addition, it can be sent to an outside third party legal counsel (Birmingham Law Firm if they are still using them, etc.)

maroonmania
02-12-2016, 12:50 PM
http://i.imgur.com/FNOKm1o.jpg

Guess the cleaning crew accidentally threw away all of their copies. Hey, it could happen.

Coach34
02-12-2016, 01:03 PM
It in Birmingham at the law office. And apparently it cant be emailed back, printed, and sent to anybody

BulldogBacker
02-12-2016, 01:04 PM
Back about 10 years ago, Ole Miss retained a trusted law firm to represent the University of Mississippi in all matters pertaining to the NCAA. The Law Firm also has Power of Attorney over all matters pertaining to Ole Miss. This relationship was to minimize most public exposure to communications between the NCAA and University. The communication falls under client privilege, therefore no one will ever know what the MOA says, until the NCAA makes a public release of the findings.

cheewgumm
02-12-2016, 01:06 PM
Couldn't ole miss simply tell the law firm to release it?

Or if this is the law, why doesn't every govt agency keep any documents at the "law office", and never have to deal with FOIA again?

DistrictDawg92
02-12-2016, 01:07 PM
Guess the cleaning crew accidentally threw away all of their copies. Hey, it could happen.

Come on man, I think it's obvious that the same dog that ate Nick Brassell's homework ate the NOA too.

ElitedawgRecruiting
02-12-2016, 01:09 PM
They just didn't want to release it to an "unprofessional snitch"

DancingRabbit
02-12-2016, 01:15 PM
Dan Wolken Verified account
‏@DanWolken

One nugget I learned today: NCAA recently changed NOAs to where not only do they include allegations but also the evidence ...

Dan Wolken Verified account
‏@DanWolken

...which may be part of why Ole Miss doesn't want to release their NOA, especially if they are fighting some of the allegations

http://forums.sixpackspeak.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3138&d=1455247781

TrapGame
02-12-2016, 01:24 PM
ole miss mouthpiece: "Now I have read this NOA from first word to last and I can assure you there is no wrong doing on the part of this fine uni-ver-sa-tee."

Average Joe: "Well, good. Release it so we can read it too."

OMM: "Well, now hold on there son. I read it for you and I'm telling you there's nothing to these dastardly allegations. Praise the Lord."

AJ: "Ok, that's great. Now let everybody read it and see how this is an unfair, unsubstantiated blot on the administration and coaches."

OMM: "You're not listening to me friend. I'm telling you there's nothing to these awful allegations. We are INNOCENT! Good Gawd Al-mi-teee!"

AJ: " I want to read it, NOW."

OMM: " (sigh)...There's just no dealing with the non-believer. You should pray about that son."

Commercecomet24
02-12-2016, 01:26 PM
They will delay and leak small information to control public perception

You got it! The guilty will evade, deflect, lie to buy time. This is a classical case of somebody caught red handed and they know it.

dawgoneyall
02-12-2016, 02:59 PM
Back about 10 years ago, Ole Miss retained a trusted law firm to represent the University of Mississippi in all matters pertaining to the NCAA. The Law Firm also has Power of Attorney over all matters pertaining to Ole Miss. This relationship was to minimize most public exposure to communications between the NCAA and University. The communication falls under client privilege, therefore no one will ever know what the MOA says, until the NCAA makes a public release of the findings.

But the client is a public entity.

JoseBrown
02-12-2016, 03:54 PM

This was their new and innovative way to handle infractions with the NCAA.

JoseBrown
02-12-2016, 03:56 PM
Couldn't ole miss simply tell the law firm to release it?

Or if this is the law, why doesn't every govt agency keep any documents at the "law office", and never have to deal with FOIA again?

The Department of State has been doing this for a number of years now. Thus the drip, drip, drip...