PDA

View Full Version : I am starting to really look forward to our WRs next year. Adding Couch and Hankerson

Tbonewannabe
02-12-2016, 10:19 AM
Couch has been said to block really well so it sounds like we got a good replacement for Bear. I just hope he knows how to "block out and rebound" like Bear.

Hankerson has elite speed that you can't teach. Sounds like a bigger version of Holloway so I hope he can catch some deep balls.

Other than missing on Farrar, I don't think we really missed out on anyone that would have been a great fit.

msstate7
02-12-2016, 10:24 AM
Speaking of wr's, have we given up on Jesse Jackson? Haven't heard anything about him

maroonmania
02-12-2016, 10:35 AM
Couch has been said to block really well so it sounds like we got a good replacement for Bear. I just hope he knows how to "block out and rebound" like Bear.

Hankerson has elite speed that you can't teach. Sounds like a bigger version of Holloway so I hope he can catch some deep balls.

Other than missing on Farrar, I don't think we really missed out on anyone that would have been a great fit.

I hope Hankerson can be a good receiver for us, certainly has the speed. In viewing his HS stats it looks like he had a much bigger role on his team playing safety than playing WR.

Tbonewannabe
02-12-2016, 10:38 AM
Our WRs seem to be getting better every year. I definitely want to hang on to Gonzalez. I wonder if either sees the field this year or do we redshirt them? We definitely need a replacement for Bear but Mullen was talking great about Jordan Thomas who is big. What other redzone WRs do we have that size?

Taog Redloh
02-12-2016, 10:39 AM
Ross, Myles, Brown and Gray give you much to be excited about right there, without even looking at underclassmen.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-12-2016, 10:41 AM
Hankerson can definitely play WR but if we can bring in a good group of guys this year I'd prefer him to play in the secondary. His speed & aggressiveness on the back end would be big.

Tbonewannabe
02-12-2016, 10:43 AM
I hope Hankerson can be a good receiver for us, certainly has the speed. In viewing his HS stats it looks like he had a much bigger role on his team playing safety than playing WR.

His speed may have allowed them to run a Joe Lee Dunn type defense with just 1 safety back deep playing center field. It comes down to if he can catch then that is NFL speed. Mike Wallace pretty much made Snead a good QB and got them to a Cotton Bowl by blowing by people. Hopefully he has better hands than Holloway.

Johnson85
02-12-2016, 11:24 AM
Speaking of wr's, have we given up on Jesse Jackson? Haven't heard anything about him

Isn't that who has come in around TE size after a year at prep school?

HoopsDawg
02-12-2016, 11:28 AM
I'm not that fired up about our outside WR's. Gray and F. Brown are pretty good. Not sold on the backups yet. We are strong in the slot, so I would consider moving Ross back outside to the X.

X: Ross, Jesse Jackson, D. Thomas
H: Myles, Dear, Mixon
Z: Fred Brown, Gray

HoopsDawg
02-12-2016, 11:29 AM
Isn't that who has come in around TE size after a year at prep school?

Nah, that's Dontae Jones.

Eric Nies Grind Time
02-12-2016, 12:04 PM
I am excited about Mixon. I remember thinking that guy was a big steal. Hopefully he lives up to his high school production. His stats were incredible.