PDA

View Full Version : How many more schools will UM's Culture of Corruption bring down with them?

MadDawg
02-12-2016, 10:15 AM
I think a blind man could see a pattern here.

RIdog
02-12-2016, 10:19 AM
I think a blind man could see a pattern here.

Don't know but _ talked with a family member who's huge UNM backer and he says "they are prepared to burn the entire conference down with them" . Insinuates they have MAJOR dirt on nearly the whole SEC and before this is over the SEC will look like the old SWC with 10 or 12 teams on probation - bluffing ?

Bass Chaser
02-12-2016, 10:23 AM
They don't have that kind of pull.

ShotgunDawg
02-12-2016, 10:25 AM
Don't know but _ talked with a family member who's huge UNM backer and he says "they are prepared to burn the entire conference down with them" . Insinuates they have MAJOR dirt on nearly the whole SEC and before this is over the SEC will look like the old SWC with 10 or 12 teams on probation - bluffing ?

I obviously hope Ole Miss burns, but I can sympathize with this to some degree.

Ole Miss is cheating their ass off, but we all know that because they have made such massive, unexplained leaps in recruiting. However, does that mean that Alabama, Auburn, Tennessee, & LSU aren't cheating their ass off as well?

As dirty as Ole Miss is, it stands out more because they came out of nowhere, while the "blue bloods" likely get away with murder on the recruiting trail but no one cares or notices because it can all be explained away by saying that have tradition, win national titles, & have big stadiums.

As an MSU fan that hopes to see MSU win a national title someday, this is concerning. Because it means that MSU has to play things completely clean while all the more traditional powers have the divine right to cheat.

Dolphus Raymond
02-12-2016, 10:27 AM
Everyone in the SEC has enough dirt on every team in the conference to bring the SEC down. Just depends on if anyone decides to "push the button ". The old Cold War term " mutually assured destruction" comes to mind.

Liverpooldawg
02-12-2016, 10:27 AM
Man, we have people who buy whatever line they put out.

ScottH
02-12-2016, 10:28 AM
They don't have that kind of pull.

The humorous thing is their complete oblivion to their real standing in the pecking order.

Dawgface
02-12-2016, 10:30 AM

Good. Then we will all be playing on an equal field. :)

Taog Redloh
02-12-2016, 10:31 AM
Ole Miss is cheating their ass off, but we all know that because they have made such massive, unexplained leaps in recruiting. However, does that mean that Alabama, Auburn, Tennessee, & LSU aren't cheating their ass off as well?
No, they aren't, and I'll tell you why.

There is a difference between those schools you listed and Ole freaking Miss. It's population base, geography, bigger cities in their states, fanbase size, overall resources, location, money, history, hardware, championships, Heisman trophies. Facilities may or may not be the same because you can only get so nice. Those big schools have 100K in the stands for FCS schools, Ole Miss has 62K for sellouts. I don't want to hate on MS but it just is what it is - we divided our people up and now we are trying to survive on less than our SEC brethren. If Ole Miss and MSU combined we'd have a similar school/program to those you list but until then it just isn't the same. Nowhere close.

Now, I'm sure those big schools cheat and throw money around. They have to compete with each other, after all. But a school at such a disadvantage, such as Ole Miss, has to pay significantly more. THAT is the point. The scale is much bigger at Ole Miss in order to make up for that huge gap in 'attractiveness', which is made up of those things I listed in the previous paragraph.

You say it's "concerning"? Well damn right it is. We've been trying to compete in this conference for decades and can only do it 25% of the time at best. Then people say, "LULZ you are the PROBLEMZZ!!!11 WOE is lil ole MOO U!! har har go DIE !!11" Well shit, it does seem to be a lost cause at times. I'd love to hear someone's logical solution to this, outside of a population boom in MS.

Honestly, if you want MSU to grow, you should love the Continental Tire announcement the other day. That's the only way MSU will ever TRULY build a fan/resource base big enough to compete.

ShotgunDawg
02-12-2016, 10:34 AM
No, they aren't, and I'll tell you why.

There is a difference between those schools you listed and Ole freaking Miss. It's fanbase, overall resources, location, money, history, hardware, championships, Heisman trophies. Facilities may or may not be the same because you can only get so nice. Those big schools have 100K in the stands for FCS schools, Ole Miss has 62K for sellouts. I don't want to hate on MS but it just is what it is - we divided our people up and now we are trying to survive on less than our SEC brethren. If Ole Miss and MSU combined we'd have a similar school/program to those you list but until then it just isn't the same. Nowhere close.

Now, I'm sure those big schools cheat and throw money around. They have to compete with each other, after all. But a school at such a disadvantage, such as Ole Miss, has to pay significantly more. THAT is the point. The scale is much bigger at Ole Miss in order to make up for that huge gap in 'attractiveness', which is made up of those things I listed in the previous paragraph.

I completely agree & that's why Ole Miss' cheating STICKS out. But that doesn't mean that Alabama & LSU don't cheat for a prospect that both schools are competing over, it's just that it doesn't STICK out because it's assumed LSU & Bama can get who they want.

Lumpy Chucklelips
02-12-2016, 10:34 AM
What we really need to happen is the NCAA link Freeze's tenure to Waynesboro. Already have Saunders time covered. Now have Vaughn's time covered. I would imagine Vaughn's has to do with academics, either at Waynesboro and/or Attendance Center.

The rumor is that Tony Conner took his ACT in Waynesboro. I really, really hope so. If you remember, during his recruitment, talk was there was no way he was going to qualify. Don't forget about ze plan, ze plan. Oh, wait, I got the plan confused with ze plane, ze plane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mity4ewW464

I can't imagine that Freeze didn't use this avenue after having spent time with Saunders while he was doing it.

Dawgtini
02-12-2016, 10:36 AM
Man, we have people who buy whatever line they put out.
This X 1000

Irondawg
02-12-2016, 10:42 AM
Go back and check Rueben Foster recruiting as an example of Bama. Dude had a huge AU tatooed this his forearm when he committed and then ends up at Bama.

TN you can tell is back to being all in as they were down for a while and have leapt in recruiting with Jones. Bama became a much stronger recruiting force when Saban came on board. The Cam thing is obvious and at the time he was a slightly tarnished and unproven commodity.

OM has apparently rocked the boat by paying WAY more than typical pricing. How else do you explain them outbidding the deep pockets of A&M and the desperate UT boosters for someone like Little. Same thing for some other guys. I think they pushed the boundries and that's what's getting them into the mess.

the question is could they really go nuclear - I dont think they have the pull to make it happen.

Mjoelner34
02-12-2016, 10:46 AM
I completely agree & that's why Ole Miss' cheating STICKS out. But that doesn't mean that Alabama & LSU don't cheat for a prospect that both schools are competing over, it's just that it doesn't STICK out because it's assumed LSU & Bama can get who they want.

It goes back to the analogy that someone made. If you're doing 60 in a 55 you're probably not going to get a ticket. But, when you're doing 105 in a 55, watch out! And, to add to it, it really becomes dangerous when you're doing 105 and you're running other cars off of the road that are being driven by Bama, UGA, Michigan and Ohio State.

There's no doubt that I think everyone in the SEC and most of college football consistently drives 60. Its the reckless drivers at 105 that need to be locked up.

starkvegasdawg
02-12-2016, 10:47 AM
TSUN nuclear option in reality:

http://sciencenotes.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/black-firecracker.jpg

Lumpy Chucklelips
02-12-2016, 10:49 AM
I think they pushed the boundries and that's what's getting them into the mess.

OM did a cannonball when they should have eased in the pool using the steps. If they had eased their way into buying players one or two at a time and gradually increased that number over several years, it wouldn't have been nearly as noticeable. If you steal a pen off a coworkers desk every few days, it's not as noticeable than taking all 10 in one day.

Now don't anybody get any ideas about stealing pens...

ShotgunDawg
02-12-2016, 10:51 AM
It goes back to the analogy that someone made. If you're doing 60 in a 55 you're probably not going to get a ticket. But, when you're doing 105 in a 55, watch out! And, to add to it, it really becomes dangerous when you're doing 105 and you're running other cars off of the road that are being driven by Bama, UGA, Michigan and Ohio State.

There's no doubt that I think everyone in the SEC and most of college football consistently drives 60. Its the reckless drivers at 105 that need to be locked up.

Yeah, I made that analogy last year & it's stood the test of time.

ShotgunDawg
02-12-2016, 10:52 AM
OM did a cannonball when they should have eased in the pool using the steps. If they had eased their way into buying players one or two at a time and gradually increased that number over several years, it wouldn't have been nearly as noticeable. If you steal a pen off a coworkers desk every few days, it's not as noticeable than taking all 10 in one day.

Exactly, good stocks & businesses grow over a period of a number of years & actually work to limit the growth so that they can properly manage it.

Any person that's involved in the stock market could have sniffed out that Ole Miss was dirty pretty quickly

DawgHouseUnited
02-12-2016, 10:56 AM

The problem with that is you're getting schools outside the SEC ringing OM's bell. Schools like ULaLa and now Texas. What other schools have they stolen (or tried to steal) croots from outside the SEC? Michigan? OSU?

Om can't go nuclear on everyone. I think it's a bluff.

Tbonewannabe
02-12-2016, 10:57 AM

So if this type of thing happened and most of the conference is hit with schollie bans and bowl bans, how would this even be implemented with the amount of corporate dollars associated with the SEC? Would the members vote to kick UM out of the SEC over this? I could see UM going to the Big 12 or something and the SEC adding someone else up the East Coast.

Tbonewannabe
02-12-2016, 10:58 AM

I heard that Dabo kind of did this at Clemson. Just a little bit at a time so now no one blinks when they have a top 5 - 10 class.

Thick
02-12-2016, 11:05 AM
It will never happen......it would cost the SEC and the NCAA millions upon millions of dollars, period!

"Love makes the world go round, but MONEY greases the wheel!"

GumpDawg
02-12-2016, 11:10 AM
I do agree that the blue bloods of the SEC aren't squeaky clean, but who other than Bama have you seen all over the country in elite recruits top schools? LSU? Nope. Georgia? Nope. OM? Yep and that doesn't pass the smell test. Point is Bama likely doesn't turn you in for anything on a MS kid much like they wouldn't LSU for a LA kid. But when you go all over the country guns blazing daring people to call you out....well you get in the situation your in because you got greedy.

Johnson85
02-12-2016, 11:20 AM

That would be awesome. I'd gladly have everybody but Vandy and who, UK?, on probation for a couple of years in exchange for UM doing something stupid enough to get them either kicked out of the conference. The reality is, it wouldn't even come to that. The SEC isn't that much dirtier than other conferences, and the stuff UM could point to around the SEC is mostly the same stuff that goes on at all the Power 5 schools. The NCAA isn't going to risk implosion by taking on an entire conference. All UM could accomplish by ratting other schools out is ensuring that they become the SEC's whipping boy for the next decade.

Unfortunately, I doubt Um is that stupid.

Now will UM try to throw a bunch of shit at the wall that involves MSU? Yes, they will. And when they do, we'll be happy that Dan has been so freaking conservative.

Martianlander
02-12-2016, 11:26 AM
What we really need to happen is the NCAA link Freeze's tenure to Waynesboro. Already have Saunders time covered. Now have Vaughn's time covered. I would imagine Vaughn's has to do with academics, either at Waynesboro and/or Attendance Center.

The rumor is that Tony Conner took his ACT in Waynesboro. I really, really hope so. If you remember, during his recruitment, talk was there was no way he was going to qualify. Don't forget about ze plan, ze plan. Oh, wait, I got the plan confused with ze plane, ze plane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mity4ewW464

I can't imagine that Freeze didn't use this avenue after having spent time with Saunders while he was doing it.

I have been told from a good source with inside information that Tony Conner had someone else take his ACT for him. I'll leave it at that for now.

BrunswickDawg
02-12-2016, 11:27 AM
That would be awesome. I'd gladly have everybody but Vandy and who, UK?, on probation for a couple of years in exchange for UM doing something stupid enough to get them either kicked out of the conference. The reality is, it wouldn't even come to that. The SEC isn't that much dirtier than other conferences, and the stuff UM could point to around the SEC is mostly the same stuff that goes on at all the Power 5 schools. The NCAA isn't going to risk implosion by taking on an entire conference. All UM could accomplish by ratting other schools out is ensuring that they become the SEC's whipping boy for the next decade.

Now will UM try to throw a bunch of shit at the wall that involves MSU? Yes, they will. And when they do, we'll be happy that Dan has been so freaking conservative.

This. All day long.

maroonmania
02-12-2016, 11:31 AM

Exactly, pretty much everyone in big time college football cuts corners and cheats a little here and there, and just being honest, its VERY difficult, maybe even impossible, to truly compete if you don't. But if its going to be allowed to do things at the level UNM is currently doing them with no consequences then we should just throw the whole NCAA rulebook out and say anything goes in recruiting because they are just making a mockery of the entire system.

Johnson85
02-12-2016, 11:43 AM
I have been told from a good source with inside information that Tony Conner had someone else take his ACT for him. I'll leave it at that for now.

That's probably a hell of a lot safer for them than having it taken at Waynesboro. Doubt it was another athlete that took it for him so there's not much of a way for the NCAA to get that person to roll on him, and too much time has probably passed at this point for them to prove it any other way.

LC Dawg
02-12-2016, 12:04 PM
The SEC should just go ahead and completely throw Ole Miss under the bus and let the NCAA know that the conference does not condone this type behavior and that this is a case of one rogue school making the entire conference look bad. Anything Ole Miss says after that will look like sour grapes.

Coach34
02-12-2016, 12:58 PM
OM is not gonna burn the conference down. Thats just the comment of a big baby knowing his team is about to get hammered- and trying to scare people into not get them in trouble

It's Coming

RougeDawg
02-12-2016, 01:00 PM

You did see their recruiting shenanigans this year right? They are more than fully capable of this level of stupidity and even greater.

BrunswickDawg
02-12-2016, 01:14 PM
You did see their recruiting shenanigans this year right? They are more than fully capable of this level of stupidity and even greater.

"You're just jealous" - Archie

Reason2succeed
02-12-2016, 04:03 PM
If OM tried the nuclear option they would become ND minus Catholics, championships, and national appeal. They would be BYU minus Mormons. They would be out on their a$$ by themselves and the SEC would move on without them. Basically they would be Tulane and Sewane - former members of the SEC that no one remembers even exist.

CadaverDawg
02-12-2016, 04:55 PM
I wouldn't put it past those sissies to try and snitch on other SEC teams to lessen the blow. Teams have been getting in trouble in this conference for years, and if anyone is ever going to cry & snitch it's those puss bags up North. I highly doubt they can or will try to take others down, but just the thought of it tells me that the penalties are rather large. Those fruit cakes are freaking out, and I love it. When they start threatening, you know they're screwed.

Oh and Ole Miss, just remember...

"Snitches wind up in ditches"

Sincerely,

Bama, LSU, & the Big Boys of the SEC (Keep in mind that you guys aren't, nor ever will be, a part of that group.)