PDA

View Full Version : MLB projected win totals - ouch Braves fans

Maroons
02-12-2016, 09:51 AM
http://www.bettingtalk.com/deshaun-watson-christian-mccaffery-lead-field-of-2016-heisman-hopefuls-in-wiliam-hill-odds/

65???

Tbonewannabe
02-12-2016, 10:04 AM
Everybody knows the Braves sold this season for a farm system. I recently saw where their farm system was now rated #1. I am sure that will go down with the amount of guys they will bring up this year though. This year is going to be Freddie Freeman plus old veterans on their last leg and fresh off the farm rookies. I recently bought my opening day tickets though so I will get to see how bad they look out the gate. It is the Nationals at home so that should be fun.

Political Hack
02-12-2016, 10:11 AM
Hell yes!!! That's way higher than I expected.

Tbonewannabe
02-12-2016, 10:15 AM
Hell yes!!! That's way higher than I expected.

There was a couple of days after all the trades that I was wondering if we could get to double digit wins. I was wondering if the owner was trying to move the team to Miami.

War Machine Dawg
02-12-2016, 12:55 PM
This team may lose 100 games. And it won't get much better next year. I just hope they don't rush Swanson up for the shit show, although Fredi is saying he could make the team out of Spring Training. Personally, I'd rather him spend the year in AAA where the stink of losing won't rub off.

msstate7
02-12-2016, 01:00 PM
I'd take the over. We won 67 last year and I think this year we'll be better. I say at least 72

Dawg61
02-12-2016, 02:16 PM
Freddie Freeman gonna have to gay hug a bunch of newbies this year

smootness
02-12-2016, 03:27 PM
I'd take the over. We won 67 last year and I think this year we'll be better. I say at least 72

I agree. And no, we won't graduate many of those prospects this year. Blair will come up, and he may be the only one by at least midseason.

Our farm system is only going to grow in reputation over the next couple years, given our #3 pick and what we're about to do on the international market.

And Swanson has a literally 0% chance of making this team out of spring training. He has about a 0% chance of being called up before September. The most likely result is that his debut is Opening Day in the new stadium.

BoomBoom
02-12-2016, 03:28 PM
http://www.bettingtalk.com/deshaun-watson-christian-mccaffery-lead-field-of-2016-heisman-hopefuls-in-wiliam-hill-odds/

65???

You dont usually project guys to take leaps forward, even though you know many will. Freeman, Markakis, and several of the young pitchers are good bets to outproduce their projections.

BoomBoom
02-12-2016, 03:29 PM

65???

You dont usually project guys to take leaps forward, even though you know many will. Freeman, Markakis, and several of the young pitchers are good bets to outproduce their projections.

War Machine Dawg
02-12-2016, 09:27 PM
I agree. And no, we won't graduate many of those prospects this year. Blair will come up, and he may be the only one by at least midseason.

Our farm system is only going to grow in reputation over the next couple years, given our #3 pick and what we're about to do on the international market.

And Swanson has a literally 0% chance of making this team out of spring training. He has about a 0% chance of being called up before September. The most likely result is that his debut is Opening Day in the new stadium.

That's not what Fredi is saying. I wouldn't put anything past that dumbass and our front office. Swanson is about the only guy that might get butts in the seats for this shitty team.

BoomBoom
02-12-2016, 09:39 PM

That's not what Fredi is saying. I wouldn't put anything past that dumbass and our front office. Swanson is about the only guy that might get butts in the seats for this shitty team.

Dude hasnt played above A ball. He'll start in AA if he looks remotely ready in ST, as Albies needs the starts in high A. But the team is playing for 2018. No need to start the clock on a hitter this year. But pitchers are different, they take longer to blossom at the MLB level (usually 3 years), so they'll come up as soon as they are ready.

Unless he tears up AAA in the 2nd half, the plan has to be to call him up in mid 2017 with an eye on him being the starter in 2018. Unless the CBA changes.

Todd4State
02-12-2016, 09:47 PM
As a Mississippi Braves fan, I'm pretty excited to see the Braves prospects. My guess is they will start Swanson in Pearl.

War Machine Dawg
02-12-2016, 09:47 PM
[QUOTE=War Machine Dawg;505233]

Dude hasnt played above A ball. He'll start in AA if he looks remotely ready in ST, as Albies needs the starts in high A. But the team is playing for 2018. No need to start the clock on a hitter this year. But pitchers are different, they take longer to blossom at the MLB level (usually 3 years), so they'll come up as soon as they are ready.

Unless he tears up AAA in the 2nd half, the plan has to be to call him up in mid 2017 with an eye on him being the starter in 2018. Unless the CBA changes.

aGAIN, not disagreeing with you and Smootness. Just pointing out that isn't what Fredi is saying. And considering we don't have anyone left on the team that might generate any excitement, I wouldn't put it past them to rush him up. I don't care what level of minor league ball he has or hasn't played. He's been playing High A ball for 3ish years at Vandy.

msstate7
02-12-2016, 09:59 PM
As a Mississippi Braves fan, I'm pretty excited to see the Braves prospects. My guess is they will start Swanson in Pearl.

I'm interested in seeing if Albies and Swanson stay at SS and if so, who starts where?

Todd4State
02-12-2016, 10:57 PM
I'm interested in seeing if Albies and Swanson stay at SS and if so, who starts where?

They might trade one. Too soon to know.

smootness
02-13-2016, 05:09 AM
aGAIN, not disagreeing with you and Smootness. Just pointing out that isn't what Fredi is saying. And considering we don't have anyone left on the team that might generate any excitement, I wouldn't put it past them to rush him up. I don't care what level of minor league ball he has or hasn't played. He's been playing High A ball for 3ish years at Vandy.

1) It doesn't matter what Fredi is saying, there is literally no chance of Swanson on the opening day roster.

2) SEC baseball is not equivalent to A+, especially after you remove Vandy from the list of opponents.

smootness
02-13-2016, 05:10 AM
They might trade one. Too soon to know.

This may be a joke, but that is not happening.

BoomBoom
02-13-2016, 10:07 AM

I think Swanson will stay ahead of Albies, so both of them will stay at SS for now. One may be moved to 2B eventually, probably Swanson.

Todd4State
02-13-2016, 03:28 PM
This may be a joke, but that is not happening.

That's why I said its too soon to know. One might switch to another position. Or they can trade one of them to fill another need. I'm not saying that will happen now or even will happen. Just that its a possibility.

msstate7
02-13-2016, 03:42 PM
I think Swanson will stay ahead of Albies, so both of them will stay at SS for now. One may be moved to 2B eventually, probably Swanson.

I definitely think one will be moved to 2b eventually. I really believe we have our middle infielders for the future

smootness
02-13-2016, 05:56 PM
I think Albies is the most likely one to shift to 2B, for a couple reasons. One, he'll be in Atlanta first, and it's hard to move him from SS to 2B after he's already established himself there, and 2) I believe Swanson's arm strength is better.

msstate7
02-13-2016, 06:00 PM
I think Albies is the most likely one to shift to 2B, for a couple reasons. One, he'll be in Atlanta first, and it's hard to move him from SS to 2B after he's already established himself there, and 2) I believe Swanson's arm strength is better.

What makes you so confident Albies debuts first?

smootness
02-13-2016, 06:08 PM
What makes you so confident Albies debuts first?

Sorry, that read weird. I meant that Swanson will debut first, which would necessitate Albies shifting to 2B when he eventually gets to Atlanta.

Tbonewannabe
02-13-2016, 06:29 PM
Is Riley 2, 3, or 4 years away from called up? Is he 3rd base of the future or move him to RF?

msstate7
02-13-2016, 06:33 PM
Is Riley 2, 3, or 4 years away from called up? Is he 3rd base of the future or move him to RF?

I'd say too early to tell. Should know a little more by year end or next year

Speaking of 3b, I really hope Ruiz picks up where he left off next season

BoomBoom
02-13-2016, 07:09 PM

Huh, I'd heard Albies' arm was better.

smootness
02-13-2016, 07:38 PM
Huh, I'd heard Albies' arm was better.

It's interesting. I've seen more than one scouting report give Albies a 60 arm while giving Swanson a 55...but having seen Albies in person and having watched videos, I just disagree with that grade. His arm strength stood out to me in person as something that might require a move to 2B long before Swanson was in the organization. I may be wrong, but that's just my opinion. I think he maxes out his effort on a lot of his throws, which makes his arm appear a little stronger than it is. I'd be surprised if it's any more than a 50.

Todd4State
02-13-2016, 08:19 PM

Probably at least three. More likely about five. Barring injuries and set backs.

smootness
02-13-2016, 08:22 PM
I would say best-case for Riley is 3 years, so at some point in 2018. Assuming a normal development for a good prospect, I would say likely sometime in 2019.

SoJackDog
02-13-2016, 10:58 PM
Put me in the over boat too. I'm thinking 70-80 wins.

War Machine Dawg
02-13-2016, 11:50 PM
Man, all of you taking the over mystify me. It's like no one remembers we have Fredi in the dugout, zero offense, and a worse D. So we're still well below league average everywhere but pitching. We'll threaten 100 losses. I'll be watching a whole lot of the Cardinals or whatever the best game on that night is.

engie
02-14-2016, 12:24 AM
Gonna bring home a world champion manager and GM just in time to break in Sun Trust. You heard it here first.

smootness
02-14-2016, 12:32 AM
Man, all of you taking the over mystify me. It's like no one remembers we have Fredi in the dugout, zero offense, and a worse D. So we're still well below league average everywhere but pitching. We'll threaten 100 losses. I'll be watching a whole lot of the Cardinals or whatever the best game on that night is.

No, I don't really think we'll be league-average anywhere, except potentially defensively. Our pitching will almost certainly not be league average. But I'm still going over 65 wins. You don't have to be league-average to win more than 65 games.

smootness
02-14-2016, 12:32 AM
Gonna bring home a world champion manager and GM just in time to break in Sun Trust. You heard it here first.

We'll see on the manager, wouldn't surprise me. We've already got the GM.

msstate7
02-14-2016, 12:37 AM
No, I don't really think we'll be league-average anywhere, except potentially defensively. Our pitching will almost certainly not be league average. But I'm still going over 65 wins. You don't have to be league-average to win more than 65 games.

We have a chance to be pretty solid up the middle defensively with flowers, Peterson, aybar, and inciarte. OF corners will most likely be weak. FF is solid at 1b. Not even sure what we plan on doing at 3b... Beckham, KJ (along with LF), and Garcia will be in the mix I'm sure. Of those 3, beckham is the only plus defender (I think he is anyway)

engie
02-14-2016, 12:37 AM
We'll see on the manager, wouldn't surprise me. We've already got the GM.

Package deal. Not getting one without the other...

smootness
02-14-2016, 12:39 AM
Package deal. Not getting one without the other...

Who are you predicting? I am 99.99% certain Coppy is going nowhere for a while. He certainly is not about to be pushed out.

engie
02-14-2016, 01:11 AM
Who are you predicting? I am 99.99% certain Coppy is going nowhere for a while. He certainly is not about to be pushed out.

You'll figure out who I'm talking about once you have a chance to think on it.

Discussions are happening, tifwiw. You can like what you have -- and still go a different direction if a perfect storm hits. If extensions aren't signed(they will sign them together or not at all) "over there" in the near future, it's very likely to get interesting...

Brando
02-14-2016, 05:27 AM
Please do explain, I have no clue who you are referring to...

War Machine Dawg
02-14-2016, 11:03 AM

Interesting. Definitely agree this year is Fredi's last and we'll have someone new in the dugout when Sun Trust opens next year. Don't think we'll kick Coppy to the curb, though. As much hell and I've given the 3 Johns, I actually think Coppy could be really good.