PDA

View Full Version : "Yalls Hometown Hero"

Statefan
02-12-2016, 09:32 AM
http://s13.postimg.org/g81h28e3b/IMG_1129.png

Homedawg
02-12-2016, 09:37 AM
Aj has a problem. His mouth and his fingers.....idiot.

Dawgology
02-12-2016, 09:38 AM
What's he talking about?

Homedawg
02-12-2016, 09:39 AM
What's he talking about?

Kobe......

GreenheadDawg
02-12-2016, 09:41 AM
I'm glad we didn't get that little prick. Can't wait for Leo to knock his dick in the dirt

Statefan
02-12-2016, 09:44 AM
I should probably translate it to more understandable terms for those who aren't in the know:

"Your hometown hero [Kobe Jones] had zero sacks this year. Oh yeah, you think he is the greatest of all time? Well keep throwing those slick shots. I have been trying to keep to this myself for a long time [though it is none of my business]. He had 0 sacks"

You are welcome older dawgs

BeardoMSU
02-12-2016, 09:45 AM
I know the emojis at the end mean something, but damned if I know...

breazy
02-12-2016, 09:45 AM
And neither one has done a damn thing in college, but guess which one acknowledged that past accomplishments wont mean shit

Uncivilengineer
02-12-2016, 09:46 AM
I am glad too. What does frog, coffee mean?

BeardoMSU
I should probably translate it to more understandable terms for those who aren't in the know:

"Your hometown hero [Kobe Jones] had zero sacks this year. Oh yeah, you think he is the greatest of all time? Well keep throwing those slick shots. I have been trying to keep to this myself for a long time [though it is none of my business]. He had 0 sacks"

I knew what the "goat" emoji meant, but how the hell did you get "none of my business" from a frog and a cup of coffee, lol?

chainedup_Dawg
Wonder if he tweeted that from his burner phone

DonnieFootball
02-12-2016, 09:47 AM
What's he talking about?

Excuse me miss, but I speak a little jive.

chainedup_Dawg
02-12-2016, 09:48 AM
The frog coffee thing must come from those kermit the frog memes where he's drinking tea and it says "but that's none of my business"

BrunswickDawg
I wonder if AJ and Kobe don't really like each other?***

Dawg Corps
I knew what the "goat" emoji meant, but how the hell did you get "none of my business" from a frog and a cup of coffee, lol?

Gotta be the kermit drinking coffee/tea meme that's been going around for a while..."but that's none of my business"

Statefan

http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/kermit-meme.jpg

I know what it means without really knowing what it means if that makes any sense

BeardoMSU
02-12-2016, 09:49 AM
http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/kermit-meme.jpg

I know what it means without really knowing what it means if that makes any sense

Haha. Well then...

BrunswickDawg
02-12-2016, 09:49 AM

"Hold'em down, cold smack'um yack'um!"

GumpDawg
02-12-2016, 09:50 AM
I think someone's a little jealous that Kobe is getting the hometown love while no one gives a shit about his him. Made your bed punk now live with it. Kids now need to grow a pair and accept their decisions. Guess AJ learned the reality of recruiting, once you sign the LOI the ass kissing stops.

Really Clark?
Kobe didn't even reference him directly in his tweet last night. But the guilt attack personally

Thompson92
Never mind, beat me to it.
Looks like he's headed to the right place.

BeardoMSU
02-12-2016, 09:51 AM
I wonder if AJ and Kobe don't really like each other?***

No kidding...I assume its rather tense in senior English/Biology/History class these days...

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-12-2016, 09:51 AM

http://37.media.tumblr.com/72976c5a8b83b4695bb00fab002d0e8a/tumblr_n9qk0cQbbv1r60h6bo3_250.gif

Outside Dawg
02-12-2016, 09:52 AM

I'm not even that old, but thanks for translating. I had no idea.

maroonmania
02-12-2016, 09:52 AM
I bet AJ was a great teammate to be around.***

Seriously, what is AJ's problem with everything in and around Starkville? Why don't they just move on up to Oxford. I'm sure a paid for house is up there waiting for them anyway.

CarolinaDawgs
02-12-2016, 09:53 AM
These dudes still gotta see each other on a daily basis... what the hellllllll

Mjoelner34
02-12-2016, 09:54 AM
I bet AJ was a great teammate to be around.***

Seriously, what is AJ's problem with everything in and around Starkville anyway? Why don't they just move on up to Oxford. I'm sure a paid for house is up there waiting for them anyway.

They're waiting for Tee to move out of the house.**

TheRef
02-12-2016, 09:55 AM
I'm sure there's absolutely no tension at Starkville High right now....NONEEEE

Tbonewannabe
02-12-2016, 09:59 AM
Interesting that Kobe's tweet didn't say anything about AJ or even UM directly. I am betting AJ is pissed the rug was pulled out from under him even though he was Beaver's mouth piece for this recruiting class. That is what brat's do, lash out against anything else even though it is their own fault.

Coach007
02-12-2016, 10:02 AM
OUR GUYS need to STAY the FRICK off SOCIAL MEDIA!

Bubb Rubb
02-12-2016, 10:04 AM
Interesting that Kobe's tweet didn't say anything about AJ or even UM directly. I am betting AJ is pissed the rug was pulled out from under him even though he was Beaver's mouth piece for this recruiting class. That is what brat's do, lash out against anything else even though it is their own fault.

Do you play poker? This is what's called being pot-committed. Go all in, realize you're screwed, so you resort to bluffing to justify the decision.

msstate7
02-12-2016, 10:05 AM
I'm sure there's absolutely no tension at Starkville High right now....NONEEEE

Aj might not wanna pick a fight with a dlineman that happens to go to school with him every day.

Doesn't Aj play baseball? I need to get up there and start booing him early (kinda **)

TheRef
02-12-2016, 10:05 AM
OUR GUYS need to STAY the FRICK off SOCIAL MEDIA!

Nah....not right now. He didn't implicate himself, he just spoke his mind about the recruiting situation at Ole Miss.

TheRef
02-12-2016, 10:06 AM
Aj might not wanna pick a fight with a dlineman that happens to go to school with him every day.

Doesn't Aj play baseball? I need to get up there and start booing him early (kinda **)

Kobe may not have had a sack during the season, but he may get a sack in the hallway if AJ ain't careful.

Political Hack
02-12-2016, 10:07 AM
Tried to tell everyone here. That boy ain't worth getting worked up for. It's very likely that we'll be glad he left by the time he's done creating havoc (off the field).

Tbonewannabe
02-12-2016, 10:08 AM
Do you play poker? This is what's called being pot-committed. Go all in, realize you're screwed, so you resort to bluffing to justify the decision.

All those high rated guys were sold on something different than what they are going to get. I wonder if they get hit hard enough they will let them go like Penn St had to do. Could be a win win if they get the money and then get to transfer somewhere good. Only problem is most places don't have open spots available. I am sure the 5 and 4 stars will find a home somewhere.

cheewgumm
Mullen needs to call him and tell him to stay out of this mess, now. Nothing more to gain.

DoctorDawg
As of last week he has been laying out of baseball practice since Christmas. Too busy ridin around in his new charger.

msstate7
02-12-2016, 10:09 AM
I love this stuff. Egg bowl is approaching iron bowl hate... Embrace it

BossDawg
02-12-2016, 10:12 AM
I'm beginning to see why AJ "sell out" Brown went to Oxford. It's a mixture of inflated egos, they suck each other in. I'm no longer upset about his decision.

Tbonewannabe
02-12-2016, 10:12 AM
Kobe might not have gotten a sack but Chris Jones only got 2.5 sacks and he is going 1st or 2nd round in the NFL draft. I don't care if he doesn't get sacks at State if he is going all out and creating plays for other guys. It is called being a team player. Eulls is playing for the Saints right now doing this exact thing. I am sure all the guys on Defense appreciate how hard he works. AJ just sounds like a prima donna dickhead.

ShotgunDawg
02-12-2016, 10:14 AM
All I know is that Willie Gay is best friends with Kobe. I'm not sure who is friends with AJ.

Shooter McGavin
02-12-2016, 10:14 AM
It's his life and if he wants to go to Oxford then go. My issue is how did he expect people to react? He spurned the hometown school for their biggest rival and he wants people to keep acting like he is the greatest thing ever. That ship has sailed. It's pointless to keep popping off an twitter. It just makes him look like a jackass.

Kobe Jones started on both OL and DL at SHS. He's obviously a tough kid. I'll take a guy like that over an WR anyday.

starkvegasdawg
02-12-2016, 10:17 AM
Not that I'm condoning this but I bet Kobe could beat the absolute hell out of AJ in the bathroom right now and nobody would see anything.

RC3
02-12-2016, 10:19 AM
am i the only one that would prefer them not to be having this battle on public social media?? aren't they still in the same HS for a few more months?? Last thing i want is for this to boil over into some type of physical or violent altercation. settle it on the field

StThierry
02-12-2016, 10:23 AM
I suspect that not only is AJ not feeling the love around Starkville, but his family isn't either

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-12-2016, 10:26 AM
A bit off topic, but I noticed on AJ's and some other reb player's pages some pics with the web address: http://rebs.ms/UMsocial

I can't seem to reach the site, can anyone hit it?

dickiedawg
02-12-2016, 10:28 AM
My hate for A.J. all but disappeared when Simmons chose state. Consider it a trade- Anyone doubt we got the better end of the deal?

As for "Kobe should stay out of it," I agree he should not retaliate but so far his Twitter game has been spot on and he has endeared himself to a lot of fans.

Tbonewannabe
02-12-2016, 10:30 AM
am i the only one that would prefer them not to be having this battle on public social media?? aren't they still in the same HS for a few more months?? Last thing i want is for this to boil over into some type of physical or violent altercation. settle it on the field

I haven't seen Kobe say anything so hopefully he understands what a temper tantrum looks like. I am sure he has seen it before in practice or in games.

ShotgunDawg
02-12-2016, 10:31 AM
My hate for A.J. all but disappeared when Simmons chose state. Consider it a trade- Anyone doubt we got the better end of the deal?

As for "Kobe should stay out of it," I agree he should not retaliate but so far his Twitter game has been spot on and he has endeared himself to a lot of fans.

I get what your saying, but the problem is that we can't afford "trades" when we depend on in-state recruiting more than any other team in the conference.

confucius say
02-12-2016, 10:33 AM

The most interesting thing about that tweet to me was calling Kobe out for several twitter remarks regarding om shady recruiting, yet not refuting it but instead a personal attack. If it didn't happen, say it.

mechdog
02-12-2016, 10:38 AM
A bit off topic, but I noticed on AJ's and some other reb player's pages some pics with the web address: http://rebs.ms/UMsocial

Did a quick search and saw this a few times: "For more information about the University of Mississippi, visit http://news.olemiss.edu or sign up for our RSS feed at http://rebs.ms/umnewsrss. Follow us on Facebook or Twitter at http://rebs.ms/UMsocial."

I guess it's some sort of OM social media hub. Not sure why it's inactive though.

ScoobaDawg
02-12-2016, 10:39 AM
As of last week he has been laying out of baseball practice since Christmas. Too busy ridin around in his new charger.

Would be interesting to see a picture and a title report...

Jack Lambert
02-12-2016, 10:42 AM

oh well.

ScoobaDawg
02-12-2016, 10:43 AM

It's not valid. Rebs.ms isn't an active address.

ElitedawgRecruiting
02-12-2016, 10:44 AM
Couple things go. I am sure Mullen would rather Kobe stay out of it all together. But he hasn't accused anyone directly if anything.

But I been saying this as well. People were sold a bill of goods on AJ. Because of where he went to school we were all told he was the next coming of Jerry Rice. He wasn't. He isn't. He never will be. He is a head case. Has been since he started blowing up. He got a whole lot of Manziel in him. He will explode. Just give him time

Swami Dawg
02-12-2016, 10:44 AM
Hello Friends,

Mr. Kobe may or may not be having sack recorded in books but he is for to having a big sack for to be calling outs the bears and still of being in high school.

http://s11.postimg.org/h84ylhchf/hometown_sack.gif

I am for to being of glad that Kobe is all Dawg.

Swami

ScoobaDawg
02-12-2016, 10:47 AM
Did a quick search and saw this a few times: "For more information about the University of Mississippi, visit http://news.olemiss.edu or sign up for our RSS feed at http://rebs.ms/umnewsrss. Follow us on Facebook or Twitter at http://rebs.ms/UMsocial."

I guess it's some sort of OM social media hub. Not sure why it's inactive though.

Best I can tell they never registered it. there is no registration for that address.

Dawgfan61
02-12-2016, 10:50 AM
He was a damn good receiver on the field in high school. Probably will be at college as long as he gets the ball. If he doesn't get the ball... Look Out.

Prima Donna's like these don't do well under Mullen, hell I can't recall a single one. Even if he blows the **** up at UNM, we are better off he didn't come here. Terrell Owens was good and tough too, but I would have never wanted that dude on my team. He never grew up.

Dawgtini
02-12-2016, 10:52 AM
+1 Swami

MagicDawg
02-12-2016, 10:54 AM
Swami Dawg scores again!

cheewgumm
02-12-2016, 11:00 AM
I don't think Von Miller could get many sacks on MS high school football. How many passes are thrown per game? 6?

jumbo
02-12-2016, 11:01 AM
Kobe just responded. Said he "would come see AJ"

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-12-2016, 11:04 AM

It's not valid. Rebs.ms isn't an active address.

That's weird, I wonder why they would stamp it with the link if it wasn't legit. Maybe they deactivated it.

West Houston Dog
02-12-2016, 11:06 AM
he is now worth a lot more than he was the beginning of la$t week.

aj brown ...you betrayed your hometown, you betrayed your alma mater and betrayed your friends/classmates. But you got your big payday so that is all that matters to you.

As a SHS alum I am sorry your POS self every went to my alma mater. Enjoy your blondes, nice watch and greenback handshakes at om ,,,you fit in perfectly with those dirty corrupt sob's. Hope Jamal Peters hits you so hard your mouth piece ends up in your aj brown area.....

mstatefan91
02-12-2016, 11:10 AM
It continues...

Kobe:
�� I wasn't coming at AJ. Guilty? You made an indirect post on me and we in the same city, but you savage? I'll come see you �� @Brown1arthur

lawdawg
02-12-2016, 11:11 AM
It's obvious here who doesn't have a sack - the guy who can't stop trying to deflect instead of standing up for his own decision.

confucius say
02-12-2016, 11:12 AM
It continues...

�� I wasn't coming at AJ. Guilty? You made an indirect post on me and we in the same city, but you savage? I'll come see you �� @Brown1arthur

Insert eating popcorn gif

maroonmania
02-12-2016, 12:33 PM
I get what your saying, but the problem is that we can't afford "trades" when we depend on in-state recruiting more than any other team in the conference.

Exactly, we NEEDED another elite WR on the outside and at this point, given AJ's horrible attitude, I'm wishing more we could have held onto Farrar but that was a need not addressed. And I will be shocked if Brown is not an elite receiver for OM because he has all the tools.

We NEEDED another elite OL prospect but we lost Lashley and so another need not addressed.

I am elated we got Simmons but he won't be able to play OL and he won't be able to help at the outside WR spot either. Like you are saying to really be a factor in the SEC we need to be getting difference makers at all positions, not making trades.

tcdog70
02-12-2016, 01:16 PM
it is true AJ is acting the Part of a true Rebel. But never kid yourself into thinking he isn't the best WR to come out of Mississippi since Eric Molds.

msstate7
02-12-2016, 01:24 PM
it is true AJ is acting the Part of a true Rebel. But never kid yourself into thinking he isn't the best WR to come out of Mississippi since Eric Molds.

I think Aj is a great wr; but like all recruits, it remains to be seen on a college field.

Aj brown recruiting ranking = .9792
Pat Patterson recruiting ranking = .9722

Virtually identical, so nothing is guaranteed

Coach34
02-12-2016, 01:26 PM
Here is all I need to know about AJ:

I have a friend in Sville- her son is in his class. AJ got booed going into a class recently- his reaction? Started crying and had to go to the counselor.

He was loved at that school before he announced for OM. Now people are giving Kobe the love he used to get. And he cant handle it. Thats not a player I want on my team

msstate7
02-12-2016, 01:29 PM

I have a friend in Sville- her son is in his class. AJ got booed going into a class recently- his reaction? Started crying and had to go to the counselor.

He was loved at that school before he announced for OM. Now people are giving Kobe the love he used to get. And he cant handle it. Thats not a player I want on my team

I know he's young, but is he really that naive? What did he think was gonna happen? He will always be an outcast in his hometown.

dawgwood
02-12-2016, 01:38 PM
I think Kobe played olineman also. Can't judge him on sacks if that's the case. Hard to for a ********** like Aj Brown to see that.

gravedigger
02-12-2016, 01:45 PM

Not true. he has been practicing. don't know anything about a car. get a better source.

maroonmania
02-12-2016, 01:53 PM

Yep, he must be really naive. About the only thing he could have told his fellow Starkvillians worse than he was going to play football for OM would have been that he was going overseas to join ISIS.

Really Clark?
02-12-2016, 01:58 PM
I think his school mates actually did embrace his decision initially but then HE took to tweeter and began lying. I suspect he has pushed most of them to turn on him himself.

maroonmania
02-12-2016, 02:13 PM
I think his school mates actually did embrace his decision initially but then HE took to tweeter and began lying. I suspect he has pushed most of them to turn on him himself.

I could see the locals TOLERATING his decision but embracing it? I don't see that.

Dawg61
02-12-2016, 02:13 PM

Oh so you still want this primma donna p.o.s. or you just couldn't help yourself to take a swipe at Mullen? Looks to me like Mullen absolutely made the right choice with AJ.

Really Clark?
02-12-2016, 02:17 PM
I could see the locals TOLERATING his decision but embracing it? I don't see that.

Well probably bad word. But the kids cheered for him when he announced and many tweeted pics of themselves with AJ even if they didn't like UNM.

chainedup_Dawg
02-12-2016, 02:17 PM

I believe this to be true as well. I'm not in Starkville but close by. His decision on where to go bothered me but only because of where he's from. I guess you could say i saw it for what it wa$. What really ticks me off is the fact that he outright knowingly lied and didn't own his decision

Commercecomet24
02-12-2016, 02:32 PM
You serious, Clark? Dang if that got to him what does he thinks gonna happen when he shows up for The Egg Bowl in 2017? He's gonna hear much worse lol! We can make him quit and go back to the locker room and he will need counseling for the rest of his life! #traumatizedforlife

West Houston Dog
02-12-2016, 02:37 PM
One thing to not get offered a scholly at MSU and go somewhere else. Or get offered but go to say Oregon. Another thing to get bought off and go to the hated archrivals and now face his hometown team/friends every year.

I still get po'd if you bring up the name freddie millons. Now aj brown is the latest Benedict Arnold. SHS needs to show him NO MORE LOVE

DoctorDawg
02-12-2016, 02:37 PM
Just what his teammate said. He might be a lying little bastard.

maroonmania
02-12-2016, 02:46 PM
Well probably bad word. But the kids cheered for him when he announced and many tweeted pics of themselves with AJ even if they didn't like UNM.

Well, guess they are classier than I would have been. I wouldn't have booed but I sure as heck wouldn't have cheered. Of course not every kid at Starkville HS is loyal to MSU, I understand that.

FISHDAWG
02-12-2016, 02:48 PM
at least Kobe will be playing in a bowl game before his college career is over

maroonmania
02-12-2016, 02:48 PM
I believe this to be true as well. I'm not in Starkville but close by. His decision on where to go bothered me but only because of where he's from. I guess you could say i saw it for what it wa$. What really ticks me off is the fact that he outright knowingly lied and didn't own his decision

Is the lie you speak of about the comments he made relative to the MSU coaching staff not acting like he was wanted?