PDA

View Full Version : I know we all went to bed with boners last night.

Jacksondevildog
08-12-2013, 06:44 AM
At what time can we expect the NCAA to say, "Ole Miss is cleared and we are through with our investigation"?

Thick
08-12-2013, 07:16 AM
Not for a while, because these investigations usely take 8-12 months depending on how deep they dig. There's no one here or any MSU board that could answer that question.

Hell, look at the Redmond case, and how we made that into a shit pile. You can bet your ass that OM won't "Bracky" themselves. This thing could drag out a while in my opinion. Lawyers, guns, and money!

ShotgunDawg
08-12-2013, 07:20 AM
Not for a while, because these investigations usely take 8-12 months depending on how deep they dig. There's no one here or any MSU board that could answer that question.

Hell, look at the Redmond case, and how we made that into a shit pile. You can bet your ass that OM won't "Bracky" themselves. This thing could drag out a while in my opinion. Lawyers, guns, and money!

This is correct, they may not find anything, but the speculation for 6-8 months could do damage for them. However, usually when the NCAA invests in doing a bunch of research on this type of stuff and interviewing people, they find something. Depending on how many people the NCAA interviews, its gonna be tough for their to be ZERO violations found. If the NCAA interviewed a bunch of people from any program, I think they could find something.

mparkerfd20
08-12-2013, 07:32 AM
You will not only hear OM is cleared, but that the table turns on us… at least that's how it has played out time and time again.

Coach34
08-12-2013, 08:12 AM
You will not only hear OM is cleared, but that the table turns on us? at least that's how it has played out time and time again.

I dont ever remember them being investigated and then us getting in trouble....not once

CJDAWG85
08-12-2013, 08:35 AM
I'll be shocked if anyone is in trouble after this... Seems like NCAA doesn't like to punish anyone anymore... More like rather get paid a bunch of money to "find nothing" and leave or a little slap on the wrist

Jack Lambert
08-12-2013, 08:45 AM
I don't really care how it turns out however in a way I do want redemption for the Chris Spears ordeal. That knocked our program down for at lest seven years. I do however want it to drag out as long as possible so that we can return the favor of throwing it into recruits faces. You can't convince me that last years Redmond investigation did not hurt.

RougeDawg
08-12-2013, 08:46 AM
At what time can we expect the NCAA to say, "Ole Miss is cleared and we are through with our investigation"?

If they clear OM and find "no wrongdoing" I say break the bank this year. If they can get away with what they've been getting away with for years and pull their stunts like this past year, let the chips fly and tell the NCAA to eat a dick in the process.

Thick
08-12-2013, 08:58 AM
I do not think that this ends well for OM. Someone mentioned this in an earlier thread. If this was just an investigation into local kids then, nothing would come of it, but it they are really looking into the out of state kids then they are going to get some type of punishment.

They cannot cover up things in Florida, Georgia, Bama, TN, and Indiana. Plus, I do think they have pissed off the wrong people/programs. Programs that can influence decision makers in the SEC/NCAA. I hope that they get their ass handed to them.

There are several doctors in the Jackson area that have done some heppin, and have done so in a very "out in the open" kind of way. All of this will depend on what the NCAA can actually do in the discovery phase for this to be used. If they can get that info, then there will be hell to pay for OM.

bocfarm
08-12-2013, 09:25 AM
Best case scenerio they go on probation, uncover details of payment, impermissible benefits, ect (not as likely) and the players are allowed to transfer. Worst case, this lasts for 12-18 months and is talked about all thru the season, everytime they play, more players mentioned, isn't settled going into signing day and prevents them from doing anything like this going forward.

War Machine Dawg
08-12-2013, 09:44 AM
If they clear OM and find "no wrongdoing" I say break the bank this year. If they can get away with what they've been getting away with for years and pull their stunts like this past year, let the chips fly and tell the NCAA to eat a dick in the process.

You're forgetting who we have in charge of compliance. We're our own worst enemy in crootin'.

Johnson85
08-12-2013, 11:02 AM
usually when the NCAA invests in doing a bunch of research on this type of stuff and interviewing people, they find something. Depending on how many people the NCAA interviews, its gonna be tough for their to be ZERO violations found. If the NCAA interviewed a bunch of people from any program, I think they could find something.

I think usually, the NCAA will flip the burden of proof when they really want to nail somebody. That's basically what they did with Sydney. Prove you never took any benefits (which is obviously impossible). If you remember, they never found anything on Sydney. They basically popped him because he "lied" to them about how his parents paid for some basketball trips when he was in 8th or 9th grade. Obviously I don't really think Sydney was clean, but they were never able to prove anything. What 8th or 9th grader even knows how his parents pay for stuff, much less remembers it four years later. If they don't flip the burden of proof, they will rely on statements are are clearly unreliable, just so they can claim they found something.

That's when I'll believe something will come of this. When UM (or people affiliated with UM) are asked to provide information to prove a negative or disprove a claim that is not credible and can't be disproved if false, we'll know they are getting hammered. I'll assume this is business as usual until then, or maybe just a warning to UM to tone down their recruiting antics.

HancockCountyDog
08-12-2013, 11:24 AM
We will know things are real when interviews turn into an investigation. Thats when I will be ready to pop the champagne.

Interviews ain't shit and though I like the bears being worried about what may come out of these interviews (as they should), by and large nothing comes from those. Its when there is a confirmed NCAA investigation going on at Ole Miss is when I will get truly excited.

Right now its just hope. I've been hearing for far too long that Ole Miss is about to get hit with the big one.

Normally the only way to get in real trouble is to have a coach and player not get protected by the university - (Hi Bracky); The bears might as well major in protecting their own.