PDA

View Full Version : Gerri Green

Dallas_Dawg
02-11-2016, 09:23 PM
I think he is going to start at MLB next year and be a stud. I think we could and maybe should use him in some pass rush situations with his hand on the ground, but I think he is outstanding in coverage. Id hate to take that away by making him a full time DE.

msstate7
02-11-2016, 09:30 PM
Where you wanna play Richie and Leo?

Ifyouonlyknew
02-11-2016, 09:31 PM
Richie left campus today?

Harrydawg
02-11-2016, 09:31 PM
I say Leo is going to be a monster in the middle.......Green moves outside

STATEBALLIN
02-11-2016, 09:34 PM
Think Von miller

state66
02-11-2016, 09:48 PM
Say what about Richie??

Edit: I see the pun now. Nvm

mic
02-11-2016, 10:08 PM
I said last year I wish the staff would give GG a shot at DE if he welcome it..
And if he watched the SB , and is about to see what kind of pay check Von is about to get why wouldn't he welcome it..
Either way we have a stud that will be on the field next year regardless where he lines up..

Political Hack
02-11-2016, 10:12 PM
If you put him at DE and scheme with him, it would be unbelievable though. Imagine dropping him from DE to Mike at the snap, or having him back into the flats for coverage, or pinning his ears back and getting after the QB. He could be elite of elite at that spot. I can't begin to explain how much fun we'd have seeing him play DE for the next few years.

Covercorner2
02-11-2016, 10:24 PM
I wish we would somehow run a 3-4. Signing Simmons makes me think we are even more equipped for it. He would be a prototypical 3-4 DE, same with AJ Jefferson, Fletcher Adams and now Kobe Jones. Not to mention we are stacked at LB. could put Gerri, Richie, Leo and Jung/Gray on the field at the same time and still have guys that could stand up Iike Tim Washington and Spencer. Our front 7 is stacked and finally not only huge, but fast and versatile.

I guess the only think we don't have now are a couple of huge nose guards, but we do have Nick James.

mic
02-11-2016, 10:30 PM
If you put him at DE and scheme with him, it would be unbelievable though. Imagine dropping him from DE to Mike at the snap, or having him back into the flats for coverage, or pinning his ears back and getting after the QB. He could be elite of elite at that spot. I can't begin to explain how much fun we'd have seeing him play DE for the next few years.

Agree 100%

Five-tool Poster
02-11-2016, 10:39 PM
I wish we would somehow run a 3-4. Signing Simmons makes me think we are even more equipped for it. He would be a prototypical 3-4 DE, same with AJ Jefferson, Fletcher Adams and now Kobe Jones. Not to mention we are stacked at LB. could put Gerri, Richie, Leo and Jung/Gray on the field at the same time and still have guys that could stand up Iike Tim Washington and Spencer. Our front 7 is stacked and finally not only huge, but fast and versatile.

I guess the only think we don't have now are a couple of huge nose guards, but we do have Nick James.

That 3-4 scenario would be salty and I'd love to see it. I'm just not sure we have the depth to make it our base scheme.

msstate7
02-11-2016, 10:41 PM
That 3-4 scenario would be salty and I'd love to see it. I'm just not sure we have the depth to make it our base scheme.

Nick would have to play probably every snap bc I don't think we have another guy that can clog up the middle

Ifyouonlyknew
02-11-2016, 10:44 PM
If you don't have 2-3 space eating bad guys at NG you're going to be in trouble. We don't have that on our current roster.

ShotgunDawg
02-11-2016, 10:51 PM
If you don't have 2-3 space eating bad guys at NG you're going to be in trouble. We don't have that on our current roster.

Yup, unless you have a 320 lbs war daddy like this, the defense doesn't work

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/A+Shawn+Robinson+BNnbuLkfthNm.jpg

Political Hack
02-11-2016, 11:04 PM

If you put a guy like GG at DE, you can run a 3-4 or a 4-3 out the same set. We could snap in a 4-3 and really be playing a 3-4 scheme.

Dallas_Dawg
02-11-2016, 11:12 PM
whatever combination that has R Brown, JT Gray and G Green all at LB on the field at the same time is what I want to see.

Leo, Jung and Washington can be the 1B's***

BulldogBacker
02-11-2016, 11:44 PM
Yup, unless you have a 320 lbs war daddy like this, the defense doesn't work

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/A+Shawn+Robinson+BNnbuLkfthNm.jpg

Nick James resembles that. He has gotten better and better each year.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-11-2016, 11:59 PM
Nick James resembles that. He has gotten better and better each year.

You need more than 1.