PDA

View Full Version : Archie says the NCAA probe is just jealousy.

DancingRabbit
02-11-2016, 05:45 PM
Arch, you really should just go drink some Buds with Peyton.

"There is always jealousy involved when you have such success. People say, "You're doing this, doing that." You almost say it comes with the territory."

The Rebels' success in recruiting is the result of hard work, Manning said.

"We can (recruit) because we've got a great head coach who?s a good recruiter," he said. "And he's got a staff that feeds off each other. Their concept is selling Ole Miss, selling the program and maybe doing something a little different than what everybody else has been doing. People come here and experience game day and campus life, and kids want to come. That's the truth of the matter.

"I know the integrity of Hugh Freeze," Manning continued. "That's my only answer. That's what I know."

http://djournal.com/sports/as-ole-miss-prepares-ncaa-response-manning-defends-programs-rise-freeze-integrity/

CadaverDawg
02-11-2016, 05:50 PM
What a crock of horse shit. That's what I know, Arch.

(I recommend not clicking that link. Did anyone expect him to say that Hugh is a cult leading snake oil salesman that hides behind a pulpit of lies? He created the party line...no way he strays from it. Hugh has been cited for cheating before, so Archie is full of shit)

msstate7
02-11-2016, 05:50 PM
Archie must want to ruin his reputation along with freeze

Todd4State
02-11-2016, 05:52 PM
By "doing something a little different" he must mean giving out backpacks full of cash and having strippers hook up with recruits.

LC Dawg
02-11-2016, 05:56 PM
I haven't clicked either link but from what I am seeing on here the CL and the DJ are giving space to let the Rebels defend themselves against allegations that the papers themselves will not even report on. It's really pretty comical.

mstatefan91
02-11-2016, 05:57 PM
I've seen it all now. Jealousy is the reason the NCAA has probed that program for going on 4 years... Gotcha

Political Hack
02-11-2016, 05:58 PM
Another immediate controlled press release following bad news. Their PR firm is good.

Archie, not that I've ever had much respect for you, but what I did is gone now. Just another lying OM cog.

cheewgumm
02-11-2016, 05:59 PM
Et Tu Archie?

Wow, I never expected that.

Reason2succeed
02-11-2016, 06:01 PM
Oh lawd! Archie is going to be really butt hurt when the NOA becomes public. They isn't just someone being "jealous" of OM. Who they hell would be jealous of them and for what? No, this is about them being the sleaziest program in the SEC (and that's saying something when you have Auburn in the league). OM isn't just doing things different. They're doing things WRONG. I can't believe that so many people have bought Freeze's BS. It's going to be glorious seeing their reactions when the hammer falls.

Ralph
02-11-2016, 06:03 PM
OM: Where elite talent goes to die, and everybody's jealous about it. I've heard it all now.

msstate7
02-11-2016, 06:05 PM
I wish the reporter would've asked Archie about freeze lying to the recruits after Archie built up freeze's integrity

DLGDawg
02-11-2016, 06:06 PM
Oh sure. All these sec athletes want to go to "old Mississippi"....."old way of thinking Mississippi".
Give me a frickin break Archie.

"No amount of money could make me go to THAT school" - Ricky Seals Jones.

ETA. Without all the illegal benefits...old Mississippi might sign 10% of the states top talent!? And would not sniff out of state top talent.

Reason2succeed
02-11-2016, 06:06 PM
Or is this just Archie's public statement to allow him to claim that the wool was pulled over his eyes too? If Archie doesn't do this then he would be implicated by default because he led the mission trip to find Freeze. This is actually Archie putting distance between himself and the program because he knows ish is about to get ugly so he has to act like he was bamboozled like the rest of us. Nice try!

mic
02-11-2016, 06:10 PM
Ole Arch is in full spin mode... He is trying to save his own ass and rep...
He had more to do with the hire of CHF than Bjork.

mstatefan91
02-11-2016, 06:12 PM
The NCAA is so jealous of OM that they decided to investigate not only the Saunders scandal but OM's current recruiting techniques as well as all of the rented cars, free houses, and paid players.
OM is so beside themselves with the doting of the NCAA that they have decided to prolong the love affair by not releasing the NOA. OM just can't get enough of it.

That's how it reads to me.

cheewgumm
02-11-2016, 06:17 PM
After the other night, when the press was bad...the PR arm of the Ole Miss team went into action....

Got an exclusive at the CL to state the investigation was over
Got Archie (most respected Ole Miss person) to come out and say its not true

What next?

SnoopDawg
02-11-2016, 06:18 PM
Actually, I don't think Bjork had been hired when Freeze was being hired

mic
02-11-2016, 06:22 PM

Exactly...

gravedigger
02-11-2016, 06:23 PM
Arch, you really should just go drink some Buds with Peyton.

http://djournal.com/sports/as-ole-miss-prepares-ncaa-response-manning-defends-programs-rise-freeze-integrity/

So when the ncaa came to town after the saunders affair, who exactly was jealous of om's record ? Nutt trashed the program and om was coming off a birmingham bowl.

AlmostPositive
02-11-2016, 06:25 PM
I take back every good thing I have said about Archie. I had my suspicions when it turned out he was big pals with Dickie Scruggs. I guess none of them have any choice but to lie.

Their comeuppance will be sweet.

ckDOG
02-11-2016, 06:26 PM
The first stage of grief is denial. This is where you believe that outsiders are mistaken and you cling to a false sense of reality. Tune in next week, where we see Archie and Co. get mad.

maroonmania
02-11-2016, 06:31 PM
Archie would do well to steer clear of this whole mess. Of course though he has a pretty good working knowledge of the #Network and is supportive of it and for all I know could be involved in day to day operations so I guess he feels the need to defend it.

confucius say
02-11-2016, 06:32 PM
I wish the reporter would've asked Archie about freeze lying to the recruits after Archie built up freeze's integrity

Ding ding ding. And the fact that freeze previously has been cited by the ncaa for recruiting violations. Journalism is dead. You don't have to be argumentative, but you have to challenge people with facts. Otherwise it's just a press release.

yjnkdawg
02-11-2016, 06:38 PM

From what i understand, Mike Glenn and Archie were the main ones on the Freeze hire, and then the same later for Bjork.

Maroonthirteen
02-11-2016, 06:48 PM
They are about to throw up a defense that would make OJ envious.

Archie sezs.....the glove don't fit....acquit.

messageboardsuperhero
02-11-2016, 06:56 PM
The guy openly lied to recruits telling them that there were only five violations and all before his time- that is a documented fact. Archie, you may want to rethink that integrity comment.

Dawgowar
02-11-2016, 06:56 PM
Not to ballsy to push your chips into the center of the table when you won't release the NOA. "I'm all in! Oh, I have to show my cards?"

RougeDawg
02-11-2016, 06:59 PM
Been saying since Bucky was hired that Arch was as dirty as any OM alum. He's the ring leader and showing his true colors for even the most naive and skeptical to see as plain as day.

TrapGame
02-11-2016, 07:06 PM
Archie is dirty as the rest of them. Maybe the dirtiest.

dawgoneyall
02-11-2016, 07:06 PM
Proof that Archie is in on the crap going on and brought Freeze on board because he knew the crap going on would happen.

Never doubt Archie knows........

Liverpooldawg
02-11-2016, 07:13 PM
I wondered how long before the other UM pet would weigh in. He is the one that wrote a UM recruiting pitch to AJ Brown that was published on signing day. I think I am done with them when my subscription is up.

Liverpooldawg
02-11-2016, 07:15 PM
I haven't clicked either link but from what I am seeing on here the CL and the DJ are giving space to let the Rebels defend themselves against allegations that the papers themselves will not even report on. It's really pretty comical.

This is exactly what they are doing and they aren't even trying to hide it anymore. That should tell you how scared they are.

Liverpooldawg
02-11-2016, 07:25 PM
I think this may have to do with what happened the last time they got nailed. The football coach and the AD both lost their jobs over it. They are laying the narrative to try and save their jobs, and in Archie's case, his buddies jobs. Don't forget the new chancellor is from OUTSIDE the family. I though that was interesting when the guy was hired. IHL may have been insulating themselves as well.

Op4isabitch
02-11-2016, 07:28 PM
From what i understand, Mike Glenn and Archie were the main ones on the Freeze hire, and then the same later for Bjork.

It was a Mike Glenn and Archie heading up the selection committee, there were a few others with large amounts of input, Sean Tuohy was one with large input and was pushing for his hire due to their familiarity with each other.

On a side note "doing things a little differently" has cropped up in a few of the UM related media stories.
My question is why are they pushing that phrase in each of these stories?

Hunkaburningdawg
02-11-2016, 07:30 PM
And don't forget that one of their most infamous lawyers and supporters went to prison for trying to bribe a judge. I'm sure that option is still on the table for their consideration. Nothing is beneath them.

Maroonthirteen
02-11-2016, 07:45 PM
I've tried to remove the maroon shade over the years and have some respect for Archie. But this is inexcusable from him. He knows what is going on and wants to lie and cover up for his buddy???? After he steered Peyton to TN because probation loomed in the early 90s..... That Woody Allen looking f'er didn't have the decency to warn the latest recruiting class.....thats sorry. Extremely sorry.

dawgoneyall
02-11-2016, 08:05 PM
OM: Where elite talent goes to die, and everybody's jealous about it. I've heard it all now.

Elite football talent go to uofm to die but Elite talent come here to flourish.

DawgPoundtheRock
02-11-2016, 08:52 PM
I believe that Peyton went to UT because Tenn had the best qb coach in the SEC and maybe in the country, David Cutcliffe. Cutcliffe becomes the HC at OM. Eli goes to OM. Do the math.

Maroonthirteen
02-11-2016, 10:01 PM
Archie got DC the job because of DCs relationship with Peyton at UT. Which was the agreement between OM and Archie to acquire Eli.....hire DC. However, years prior, during Peyton's recruitment Archie had no say in the future OM HC as Brewer wasn't going to quit amid the NCAA investigation.
OM received a NOI in December 1993. It would be the 2nd investigation of OM and head coach Brewer. The writing was on the wall that penalties were coming and The status of brewers future employment was unknown during the 93-94 recruiting season. No way Archie sends his son into that situation. Where a school wants a.coach to resign but he refuses and the school is just waiting on the penalties before it can decide if the current coach stays or goes. That was the real reason Peyton didn't go to OM but Archie couldn't come out and say that.

DLGDawg
02-11-2016, 10:07 PM
And ole Arch got the best lineman money could buy leading up to Eli getting there and while he was there. That was obvious to me during that time frame.

I believe that Peyton went to UT because Tenn had the best qb coach in the SEC and maybe in the country, David Cutcliffe. Cutcliffe becomes the HC at OM. Eli goes to OM. Do the math.

yjnkdawg
02-11-2016, 10:13 PM

A coach like Cutcliffe was not the type of coach OM wanted, but they wanted Eli. Cutcliffe had too much ethic and moral values to accept the OM way of recruting.

Political Hack
02-11-2016, 10:16 PM
The NCAA has no choice but to hammer them into submission. It's hysterical at this point. They have no clue how to manage this at this point.

yjnkdawg
02-11-2016, 10:24 PM
Him saying it is a jealousy issue, is ridiculious. Other schools have just questioned, how can OM just jump up out of the bottom part of the SEC and with an unproven coach, and get that 2013 class. Since 2012, they have been driving like 100 mph in a 40 mile speed zone, so that's why the NCAA pulled them over. I also heard that the SEC Office told them 3 years ago, to cut it back on how they recruited. That would be the warning and the NOA would be the speeding ticket. Archie also said they had a "good recruiter". I just don't think a "good recruiter", even if he has a good recruiting staff, can get these top rated recruits to go to Ole Miss, based on recruting alone, who have no Ole Miss connections. Especially those who grew up cheering for schools in other conferences, and probably didn't even know who OM was. I don't even think a great recruiter could just based on their recruitng ability only.

Thompson92
02-11-2016, 10:35 PM
Does he think USM turned them in? I have never seen a group of people so proud of such a crappy product.

Pollodawg
02-12-2016, 12:30 AM
I remember once I called out some of our fans for defending Archie so vehemently, and I got some interesting responses. Remember when I brought up the "Myth of Manning" several months back and was lambasted by some of our own fans? I'll never understand why he's some sacred cow in MS.

Todd4State
02-12-2016, 12:57 AM
I remember once I called out some of our fans for defending Archie so vehemently, and I got some interesting responses. Remember when I brought up the "Myth of Manning" several months back and was lambasted by some of our own fans? I'll never understand why he's some sacred cow in MS.

It is weird. Has to be because he played for the Saints.

Mjoelner34
02-12-2016, 08:57 AM
It is weird. Has to be because he played for the Saints.

Its the opposite for me. HE'S the reason I hated the Saints!

32 Dive
02-12-2016, 11:27 AM
Archie is the De Facto Athletic Director for Football.