PDA

View Full Version : Ole Miss University has a third tier law school.

AlmostPositive
02-11-2016, 03:56 PM
Third tier lawyers are not what you want when your ass is on the line.

Maybe they'll tacitly admit this and hire outside counsel. It won't matter.

Something tells me the Ole Misses aren't factoring into the equation just how much this investigation and the inevitable sanctions mean to the future of the NCAA.

The folks in Indianapolis have had a bad run.

A lot of people think they're a joke. Nationally, many believe they let the SEC in particular get away with murder.

The most effective way to reverse their negative perception is to ram a lot of distress and humiliation up OM's cornhole.

Ninety-five percent of the college football universe would applaud. Every journalist this side of Ed Asshat and Bare-it Sally would nod approvingly. There could be no better PR move for them than to leave OM football on life support.

No matter how you look at this, it is Bad News, Bears.

War Machine Dawg
02-11-2016, 04:06 PM
You really don't want to get me started on the law school. It used to be Top 100, but they've ruined it with shitty affirmative action admittance practices. Liberalism run amok at that place.

starkvegasdawg
02-11-2016, 04:12 PM
Didn't I read somewhere they are using a firm out of Birmingham?

Johnson85
02-11-2016, 04:19 PM
You really don't want to get me started on the law school. It used to be Top 100, but they've ruined it with shitty affirmative action admittance practices. Liberalism run amok at that place.

Try top 60. It was pretty well respected but while other comparable universities used the boon in applicants in the late 90's through early 2000's to get more selective and improve their school, UM didn't and let itself get passed by roughly 50 schools.

gravedigger
02-11-2016, 04:20 PM

no, no.I certainly would like you to get started...please let us know how the affirmative action practices took them from a top 100 down.

Tripp McNeely
02-11-2016, 04:24 PM
It was top 100 when I was there...I think it was in the mid-80s(ish) rankings-wise.

yjnkdawg
02-11-2016, 04:55 PM
Didn't I read somewhere they are using a firm out of Birmingham?

They had been using Wiilliam King, to some extent. He was a partner in the Birmingham-based Lightfoot Franklin White LLC Law Firm. He was hired by the SEC Office, as Associate Commissioner for Legal Affairs last July, I believe. So I don't know if they are using this firm or not. This firm has represented Johnny Football, Cam, USCW and others in the past, and are well known for dealing with NCAA issues.

Political Hack
02-11-2016, 05:28 PM
How are you already drunk?

And you have to be to be talking about affirmative action on a sports message board.