PDA

View Full Version : I love all the wording by Bjork

Coach34
02-11-2016, 01:37 PM
" The NCAA has told Ole Miss its three-plus year investigation into the school's athletic program is complete, Ole Miss' athletic director said Wednesday."

But he wont talk to anybody else besides the CL- because of the "on going investigation"...

"Bjork did say, however, the university was previously aware of everything in the letter and self-reported several items"

​So good- if they already knew and self reported alot- they wont need the full 90 days to respond.

GTHOM
02-11-2016, 01:42 PM
They'll wait till the 89th day at the 23rd hour to respond. Its only a matter of time, everything they are doing screams we are guilty. They are seriously becoming a cult only they believe they're innocent at this point

Really Clark?
02-11-2016, 01:44 PM
They can ask for an extension to the 90 days. Wouldn't be a surprise. Especially since there is nothing really to all this.***

Technetium
02-11-2016, 02:26 PM
I motion that we change the ED countdown clock (after the first pitch) to a countdown for the remaining time on the 90-day rule.

Bubb Rubb
02-11-2016, 02:49 PM
" The NCAA has told Ole Miss its three-plus year investigation into the school's athletic program is complete, Ole Miss' athletic director said Wednesday."

But he wont talk to anybody else besides the CL- because of the "on going investigation"...

"Bjork did say, however, the university was previously aware of everything in the letter and self-reported several items"

​So good- if they already knew and self reported alot- they wont need the full 90 days to respond.

The other interesting wording is "athletic PROGRAM." Singular. As in, yeah the investigation into the chick basketball team is complete.

Another thing that almost everyone missed in that CL piece yesterday was the comment about the track violations pertaining to recruiting. My mind immediately went back to the rumors of funneling benefits through the track program. It was very subtle how they mentioned that.

MSUDawg99
02-11-2016, 02:53 PM
I motion that we change the ED countdown clock (after the first pitch) to a countdown for the remaining time on the 90-day rule.

Insert multiple hand clap emojis here

yjnkdawg
02-11-2016, 03:01 PM
And he didn't mention anything about the NOA including that key word, addendum, did he?

MSUDawg99
02-11-2016, 03:03 PM
And he didn't mention anything about the NOA including that key word, addendum, did he?

No. He specifically said there's no rumored second letter coming, no loss of institutional control, nothing damning on Freeze, etc.

yjnkdawg
02-11-2016, 03:04 PM
The other interesting wording is "athletic PROGRAM." Singular. As in, yeah the investigation into the chick basketball team is complete.

Another thing that almost everyone missed in that CL piece yesterday was the comment about the track violations pertaining to recruiting. My mind immediately went back to the rumors of funneling benefits through the track program. It was very subtle how they mentioned that.

Yeah, I caught that on the program vs programs too. I posted it on one of the other threads last night.

jumbo
02-11-2016, 03:07 PM
No. He specifically said there's no rumored second letter coming, no loss of institutional control, nothing damning on Freeze, etc.

Someone who knows more about grammar and journalism than I do help me out here. In the article it says that they have not received a 2nd letter and the part about Bjork not expecting another one is in parentheses. Why? Does that mean he didn't say that? Does that mean he said it later or at another time and they just put it there? Does it not mean anything and I'm just reading into it?

Bully13
02-11-2016, 03:07 PM

The 3 year one? OK. Fine. What about the ongoing one that is not as old? And if he knew everything about what was in the letter, how do they not have it? Isn't that what they told rose bowl?

DancingRabbit
02-11-2016, 03:15 PM
Interesting paragraph in Godfrey's article on SBnation (updated yesterday):

"Regardless of how it is framed, many of the football violations involve Tunsil or the previous football staff. Almost all the violations under Hugh Freeze's tenure involve Tunsil or are low level violations. Freeze is not personally named in any violation," a source in the athletic department told SB Nation on Tuesday night.

RC3
02-11-2016, 03:17 PM
for a forty minute interview, there wasnt much substance to the article

sandwolf
02-11-2016, 03:21 PM
"The NCAA has told Ole Miss its three-plus year investigation into the school's athletic program is complete, Ole Miss' athletic director said Wednesday."

Quote from Robertson at 10:56 this morning:

I can tell you with 100% confidence that interviews have taken place this week.

Dear Lord it is going to be fun watching this all unfold.

TrapGame
02-11-2016, 03:24 PM
Interesting paragraph in Godfrey's article on SBnation (updated yesterday):

A source in the athletic department told us is like saying we interviewed the fox in the hen house and he said all the chickens are accounted for.

NYDawg
02-11-2016, 03:29 PM
Bjork did say, however, the university was previously aware of everything in the letter and self-reported several items"

So if "many" means 4, what's the over/under on what "several" really means?

Really Clark?
02-11-2016, 03:32 PM
Hud wasn't named for any violations either. But his program received the penalties. His staff committing an infraction is still on him.

TrapGame
02-11-2016, 03:37 PM
Hud wasn't named for any violations either. But his program received the penalties. His staff committing an infraction is still on him.

And that's what the tards I deal with on FB don't understand!!

DancingRabbit
02-11-2016, 03:40 PM
A source in the athletic department told us is like saying we interviewed the fox in the hen house and he said all the chickens are accounted for.

My point was that it leaves open the possibility (probability?) of Level 1/2 violations on Freeze's watch, Tunsil-related or otherwise.

Mjoelner34
02-11-2016, 03:46 PM
My point was that it leaves open the possibility (probability?) of Level 1/2 violations on Freeze's watch, Tunsil-related or otherwise.

Good catch on that. By saying 'almost all', it automatically implies 'but not all'. Adding that, the sentence would read: "Most, but not all the violations under Hugh Freeze's tenure involve Tunsil or are low level violations."

TrapGame
02-11-2016, 03:48 PM

Oh, I get your point but I wouldn't call anybody in the om athletic department for any serious information concerning the violations. Might as well call Baghdad Bob.

MedDawg
02-11-2016, 05:10 PM

Bass Chaser
02-11-2016, 08:00 PM
Can someone pin a thread that lists the phrases cause there are some interesting ones for sure? I'm sure there are more to come.