PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for a visiting athlete coming to MSU?

blacklistedbully
02-11-2016, 12:23 PM
Yes, I know I'm setting myself up for abuse, but hopefully will also get some real advice.

There is a really nice young lady coming in for our Softball Tourney. She used to play softball with my oldest daughter on their high school team, and now pitches for Alabama A&M.

Her parents are truly exceptional people. For example, I know for a fact they helped pay the tuition for a struggling family at that private high school. Good people.

Though the parents aren't coming, I'm hoping some of y'all could offer suggestions I could pass onto them for their daughter.

Thanks, in advance.

Lumpy Chucklelips
02-11-2016, 12:44 PM
Is she coming in on her own dime, or an official visit capacity? If official, the school will have plenty for her to see and do.

Eta. I missed the part that she now plays for ala a&m.

blacklistedbully
02-11-2016, 01:23 PM
Is she coming in on her own dime, or an official visit capacity? If official, the school will have plenty for her to see and do.

Eta. I missed the part that she now plays for ala a&m.

So we take good care of visiting teams? Make their visit pleasant, etc?

Political Hack
02-11-2016, 02:28 PM
Little Dooey's is a must just because it's an institution.

If she wants to get a work out in, go to Sanderson. May need to accompany a student. Used to be $5 or $10 for visitors.

starkvegasdawg
02-11-2016, 02:32 PM
I'll throw in Oby's, too.

Jack Lambert
02-11-2016, 02:34 PM
I keep hearing something about the Waffle House on threads about Starkville.

Dawg61
02-11-2016, 02:41 PM
The Veranda is the best restaurant in Starkville.

starkvegasdawg
02-11-2016, 02:46 PM

Never been that crazy about it...especially for what it costs. Maybe I'm the odd person out I don't know. I much prefer Little Dooey, Oby's, Grill, and Penn's.

MSUDawg99
02-11-2016, 03:00 PM
Never been that crazy about it...especially for what it costs. Maybe I'm the odd person out I don't know. I much prefer Little Dooey, Oby's, Grill, and Penn's.

If she's wanting do college student things then they tend to like the Bin 612, Dawghouse Sports Grill, Cowbells, etc too

starkvegasdawg
02-11-2016, 03:05 PM
Well that rules me out. Haven't been a college student here in a long time so I've never been to any of those places. Kids eat free Sunday at the Mexican place by Chili's but I doubt that matters much to her.

Dawg61
02-11-2016, 03:15 PM

I'd rather go big and spend $100 on a phenomenal meal with some nice bourbon or a bottle of red wine than spend $20 on a good meal with a shitty beer. To each his own.

MSUDawg99
02-11-2016, 05:29 PM
I'd rather go big and spend $100 on a phenomenal meal with some nice bourbon or a bottle of red wine than spend $20 on a good meal with a shitty beer. To each his own.

These are college students we're talking about though. They're taste is not as sophisticated as us adults & they're lacking for the resources to pay for such meals. They live on cheap beer/wine & food.

DCdawg
02-11-2016, 07:09 PM
If you're on a budget I would recommend Strombolli or Little Dooey. If she's 21, eat at the Bin and just hang out in the Cotton District Saturday night. If she wants to stay out later than 1 a.m. then go to Cowbells.

archdog
02-11-2016, 07:13 PM

Depends on what you order, but the veranda is strong. Restaurant Tyler may be better at some dishes. Tyler's steaks are pretty good.

Dawg61
02-12-2016, 12:34 AM
Depends on what you order, but the veranda is strong. Restaurant Tyler may be better at some dishes. Tyler's steaks are pretty good.

Sure anyone can cook a pretty good steak with a seating capacity of 30. Veranda pumps out hundred top recruiting banquets with a full restaurant and bar at the same time. It's a ****ing awesome restaurant that not enough people appreciate imo. Please move The Veranda to where I live.

DawgFromOxford
02-12-2016, 12:48 AM
If she's staying the weekend, breakfast from The Biscuit Shop or Starkville Cafe is hard to beat. Just normal meals, Little Dooey's or Petty's, strombolis, or that new burger place in the district are good options. Veranda has good food but gets pricey. For things to do, exploring campus is always an option or go out to north farm, there are a few trails and a creek back in there. For night life, mainly anything in the district. The Bin has really good cheese fries, check that out if she goes there. Cowbells is always an option and I'm sure Rick's has someone performing as usual

DudyDawg
02-12-2016, 01:43 AM
College aged, send her to the district

mstatefan91
02-12-2016, 01:50 AM
Sure anyone can cook a pretty good steak with a seating capacity of 30. Veranda pumps out hundred top recruiting banquets with a full restaurant and bar at the same time. It's a ****ing awesome restaurant that not enough people appreciate imo. Please move The Veranda to where I live.

Restaurant Tyler has better food. Regardless of seating capacity. It just does.

I seen it dawg
02-12-2016, 07:02 AM

No..

I seen it dawg
02-12-2016, 07:07 AM
No..

The wine is stored not temp controlled, when you can get someone to get you a bottle*. The food isn't bad by any stretch, the tuna and the spring rolls are great. If the food is "phenomenal" as a poster said they need to get out and expand the eating horizons.

*i always sit in the bar when I go. The service the last few times has been total dogshit. I literally walked into the wine cabinet myself to look for wine. And it was one of their priciest ones. Like the atmosphere in proximity to where I shack up but the bar needs to step it up.

Coach34
02-12-2016, 08:04 AM
Little Dooey's is a must just because it's an institution.

If she wants to get a work out in, go to Sanderson. May need to accompany a student. Used to be $5 or $10 for visitors.

Little Dooey's is low grade dog food...Petty's puts them to shame. The Petty's need to spend some money and put some walls up

Dawg61
02-12-2016, 11:30 AM
The wine is stored not temp controlled, when you can get someone to get you a bottle*. The food isn't bad by any stretch, the tuna and the spring rolls are great. If the food is "phenomenal" as a poster said they need to get out and expand the eating horizons.

*i always sit in the bar when I go. The service the last few times has been total dogshit. I literally walked into the wine cabinet myself to look for wine. And it was one of their priciest ones. Like the atmosphere in proximity to where I shack up but the bar needs to step it up.

I didn't say all the food was phenomenal. I said for $100 you can get a phenomenal meal with a bottle of red wine. When you help yourself to employee areas that have doors that are supposed to be locked just know you're slowing down everyone else's service on future visits after the manager catches word of your trespassing. You might get an employee fired too. Did you present your Fast Pass to the server when ordering? The Fast Pass lets you jump ahead of everyone else that is waiting. Once you show it you can get your food, drinks and bill ahead of everyone else. Every employee will stop helping everyone else and will immediately attend to your every need. It's ****ing awesome! Gotta get you one of those.

I seen it dawg
02-12-2016, 09:21 PM
I didn't say all the food was phenomenal. I said for $100 you can get a phenomenal meal with a bottle of red wine. When you help yourself to employee areas that have doors that are supposed to be locked just know you're slowing down everyone else's service on future visits after the manager catches word of your trespassing. You might get an employee fired too. Did you present your Fast Pass to the server when ordering? The Fast Pass lets you jump ahead of everyone else that is waiting. Once you show it you can get your food, drinks and bill ahead of everyone else. Every employee will stop helping everyone else and will immediately attend to your every need. It's ****ing awesome! Gotta get you one of those.

That's right it should be locked. And after 30 minutes of waiting while sitting at the bar and eating, and after asking 3 times, yeah I got up and perused the wine area myself. Didn't touch anything just looked. Because I knew someone employed there would finally wig out that someone was standing in the wine area unsupervised where they shouldn't be. Maybe someone needs to be fired. And with you propping it up so much it makes me like it even less.

Dawg61
02-12-2016, 11:17 PM
That's right it should be locked. And after 30 minutes of waiting while sitting at the bar and eating, and after asking 3 times, yeah I got up and perused the wine area myself. Didn't touch anything just looked. Because I knew someone employed there would finally wig out that someone was standing in the wine area unsupervised where they shouldn't be. Maybe someone needs to be fired. And with you propping it up so much it makes me like it even less.

Ha alright I would of done the same thing after 30 minutes