PDA

View Full Version : The next step in the process.

YazooDawg23
02-11-2016, 10:45 AM
One of the national writer needs to come out and dispute Bjork's claim. (Forde, Brandt, etc..) I actually expect this to happen. I think they have the right sources and just wait for the right time to pounce.

parabrave
02-11-2016, 11:31 AM
It won't be a writer; but I think that Finebaum is about to go apesh&* on their ass. First thing the army tell officers in dealing with the press. NEVER lie to them. It's always I don't know but I will get back to you later. They embarrassed him on national TV. Man you never do that to anyone with a bullypulpit.

confucius say
02-11-2016, 11:38 AM
One of the national writer needs to come out and dispute Bjork's claim. (Forde, Brandt, etc..) I actually expect this to happen. I think they have the right sources and just wait for the right time to pounce.

Or at least come out and say why would we believe you now when you've already mislead/lied to us and, according to three of your own signees, lied to them as well about all of the allegations being pre freeze?

Lying to your recruits 3 days before signing day is the worst part of this to me.

Saltydog
02-11-2016, 11:46 AM
was the third?

Dawgtini
02-11-2016, 11:50 AM
was the third?

Jarrion Street

maroonmania
02-11-2016, 11:52 AM
Or at least come out and say why would we believe you now when you've already mislead/lied to us and, according to three of your own signees, lied to them as well about all of the allegations being pre freeze?

Lying to your recruits 3 days before signing day is the worst part of this to me.

As I've said, I have zero sympathy for any of the high profile recruits that still chose to sign with the Bears knowing there was a NOA already sitting on Bjork's desk. I mean come on, these guys were more aware than anyone about the methods UNM uses to recruit so it wouldn't take much common sense to know the type of charges that were likely coming. I mean what, is there supposed to be some honor among thieves for heaven's sake? For guys that wanted to take the money and then take their chances on what happened with UNM and the NCAA, they've obviously made their bed and now they get to sleep in it.

yjnkdawg
02-11-2016, 11:54 AM
It won't be a writer; but I think that Finebaum is about to go apesh&* on their ass. First thing the army tell officers in dealing with the press. NEVER lie to them. It's always I don't know but I will get back to you later. They embarrassed him on national TV. Man you never do that to anyone with a bullypulpit.

In reality, the press can be their own worst enemy. It just hasn't gotten to that stage as of yet.

confucius say
02-11-2016, 12:28 PM
As I've said, I have zero sympathy for any of the high profile recruits that still chose to sign with the Bears knowing there was a NOA already sitting on Bjork's desk. I mean come on, these guys were more aware than anyone about the methods UNM uses to recruit so it wouldn't take much common sense to know the type of charges that were likely coming. I mean what, is there supposed to be some honor among thieves for heaven's sake? For guys that wanted to take the money and then take their chances on what happened with UNM and the NCAA, they've obviously made their bed and now they get to sleep in it.

I don't feel sorry for them either. But that doesn't change my view of what om did, according to it's own signees.

blacklistedbully
02-11-2016, 12:52 PM
I don't feel sorry for them either. But that doesn't change my view of what om did, according to it's own signees.

They're 17 year olds. Sure, they were old enough to know better, but still not mature enough to think it through as much as they should have.

The UNM staff are grown men and women, and have a responsibility to these kids. There is no moral equivalence here.