PDA

View Full Version : Any word on new coaches?

HoopsCoach21
02-11-2016, 10:28 AM
Anyone got anything new on the possible staff changes or an idea of when we might get some information on it? Also when are we going to make the Linguist thing official?

Political Hack
02-11-2016, 10:47 AM
All I've heard was that Peterson was still in play as of last week. I don't know what position exactly, but that it was still possible. That could've easily changed by now, but I hope not. We need to make sure we've got some strong home grown ties on the staff that know the coaching circles in MS. Losing Tony and Sleepy, who know damn near every high school coach in the state, can't be replaced. But hiring Peterson, or someone like him, would be a huge step towards filling that void.

HoopsCoach21
02-11-2016, 12:34 PM
Yep. I'm with you on that Hack. Would love to get someone on board with great ties in state like Peterson. I wonder what his official title would be and what his on field duties would be if we went that route.

Looks like one of my questions has been answered. Linguist was made official today. I'm excited about these new hires and hopefully we get some good news on even more additions to the staff soon.

blacklistedbully
02-11-2016, 12:45 PM
Yep. I'm with you on that Hack. Would love to get someone on board with great ties in state like Peterson. I wonder what his official title would be and what his on field duties would be if we went that route.

Looks like one of my questions has been answered. Linguist was made official today. I'm excited about these new hires and hopefully we get some good news on even more additions to the staff soon.

If nothing else, he should be well-spoken. ;)

MaroonFlounder
02-11-2016, 12:50 PM
UNM fans say that the only reason we were able to get Simmons is because we offered his HS coach a job.

mic
02-11-2016, 12:54 PM
UNM fans say that the only reason we were able to get Simmons is because we offered his HS coach a job.

So....

Red Sox Dawg
02-11-2016, 12:59 PM

Playing the game...they should recognize it, they did it to get a QB.

mstatefan91
02-11-2016, 12:59 PM

That'd be right up their alley, wouldn't it?

Red Sox Dawg
02-11-2016, 01:02 PM

I would move Sallach to an administrative job and bring someone in as TE/Special Teams Coach that could recruit Mississippi like Hughes.

Political Hack
02-11-2016, 01:20 PM

We don't hire our head coaches like that. In fact, I'm not aware of any other program that's hired their head coach initially as a ploy to get a recruit. I'm also not aware of any other SEC program that has a head coach that didn't play college football and is an ex-girls basketball coach.

chef dixon
02-11-2016, 01:31 PM

Unless his high school coach was David Turner then that's just a secondary reason.

MSUDawg99
02-11-2016, 05:14 PM
Playing the game...they should recognize it, they did it to get a QB.

THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I TOLD ONE THAT DM'D ME THE OTHER DAY ON TWITTER

HoopsCoach21
02-11-2016, 05:22 PM
I would move Sallach to an administrative job and bring someone in as TE/Special Teams Coach that could recruit Mississippi like Hughes.

Wouldn't be a bad move at all. I do think Sallach has done a better job with the TEs than he is given credit for, but I'm all for finding ways to add more dynamic recruiters to the staff.

As long as we're wishing maybe we could move Sallach to an office, and have Hevesy coach TEs. I think Hev does a pretty good job with what he has a OL, but it seems that big time OL recruits are turned off or don't want to be coached by him. We need to do whatever it takes to get some quality OL in or we'll never compete at the highest level.

Really Clark?
02-12-2016, 12:26 PM
Brad Peterson looks to be joining the staff. Off the field capacity. Shorter was the coach I had heard the rumors about originally.

msstate7
02-12-2016, 12:52 PM
Brad Peterson looks to be joining the staff. Off the field capacity. Shorter was the coach I had heard the rumors about originally.
I want Peterson, but I'd rather have him as te coach

breazy
02-12-2016, 01:01 PM
I would imagine he would want quite a bit more money than our off field openings pay. Idk what the head coach and ad at mc makes, but i garantee its more than 30k

maroonmania
02-12-2016, 02:21 PM
I want Peterson, but I'd rather have him as te coach

Is there a possibility that Peterson coaches on the field and Sallach is sent to the office?

Ifyouonlyknew
02-12-2016, 02:23 PM
Is there a possibility that Peterson coaches on the field and Sallach is sent to the office?

Doesn't look to be the case.

preachermatt83
02-12-2016, 02:24 PM
This doesn't make much sense... Brad makes 90K plus at MC.. We would have to get him close to that..

preachermatt83
02-12-2016, 02:41 PM
maybesome kind of assistant ad title or something

Ifyouonlyknew
02-12-2016, 02:44 PM
This doesn't make much sense... Brad makes 90K plus at MC.. We would have to get him close to that..

Yea it's not Sleepy's old job I just don't know what his title will be.

preachermatt83
02-12-2016, 03:01 PM
Yea it's not Sleepy's old job I just don't know what his title will be.

I gotcha. Almost gotta be something like an assistant ad title.