PDA

View Full Version : Might have already been discussed

BB30
02-11-2016, 09:28 AM
Hey guys, have been out of the loop for a few days. Is there a general timeline that the NCAA works with? Are we looking at a couple of weeks, a month, 3 months before we hear anything on OM? Thanks.

RC3
02-11-2016, 09:37 AM
I suspect they are going to fight some of it. I would guess sometime in the fall. But I'm not an expert at all

TrapGame
02-11-2016, 09:38 AM
I heard on the radio this morning that it could be September before anything is final.

engie
02-11-2016, 09:41 AM
Hey guys, have been out of the loop for a few days. Is there a general timeline that the NCAA works with? Are we looking at a couple of weeks, a month, 3 months before we hear anything on OM? Thanks.

90 days from receipt of the letter, they have to issue a public written response. After their response is filed, they go before the Committee on Infractions, which meets 6x per year, presumably in their next meeting date.

I can't say with 100% certainty, but I believe any addendum to the NOA will restart the 90 day clock. So, expecting it to be over and known in the next 3 months is probably foolish. I wouldn't be surprised to see it drag into next season, which is fine too. Now that it's truly out there, the longer it drags, the better for us.

mic
02-11-2016, 09:45 AM
90 days from receipt of the letter, they have to issue a public written response. After their response is filed, they go before the Committee on Infractions, which meets 6x per year, presumably in their next meeting date.

I can't say with 100% certainty, but I believe any addendum to the NOA will restart the 90 day clock. So, expecting it to be over and known in the next 3 months is probably foolish. I wouldn't be surprised to see it drag into next season, which is fine too. Now that it's truly out there, the longer it drags, the better for us.

Agree 100%..
Now that everyone knows it's not near as minor as Feeeze and the boys made it out to be, I want it to stay over them and the program like a dark cloud...
Everyone just give the NCAA some time, other things my surface...

jumbo
02-11-2016, 09:52 AM

OM has 90 days to respond to the NOA. Then the NCAA has 60 days to respond to that. After the 150 days it goes to court if they cannot agree.