PDA

View Full Version : Is the future existence of the CL riding on the OM investigtion?

bulldogcountry1
02-11-2016, 08:52 AM
It should be obvious to anyone with a pulse that they are blatantly biased. Yeah, we've all known it for a long time, but the rest of the state shirley has to see it by now.

The CL has to make a decision. Do they stick with UM and continue to look the other way? If this investigation turns out to be minor, then they have a chance to survive. If things get really bad at UM, and the CL doesn't report it, then they are sunk. I don't see how enough people would continue to support them. On the other hand, if the CL comes to their senses and actually decides to start reporting news, then UM would turn on them.

Now that they have decided to take their bias to this extent, they have started a countdown clock to their demise. There's no turning back without a complete staff overhaul.

PassInterference
02-11-2016, 08:59 AM
OM showed Belevins and the CL that OM will remove or hamper access to reporters that are no friends of the program.

The CL is spineless and bends over to keep access to Ole Miss. They should have kept their integrity and punched back harder until OM's attitude improved.

There is age old advice never to cross anybody with barrels of ink. Well in this case the guy with the ink was a p****.

Liverpooldawg
02-11-2016, 09:03 AM
From what I can see they are doomed already. The Daily Journal in Tupelo is headed the same way. I doubt I'll renew my subscription when it comes up. It won't be over how they have NOT reported this stuff though. It will be over the blatant UM recruiting pitch to AJ Brown.

Political Hack
02-11-2016, 09:55 AM
Print media is dying. Outside of the NYT and other nationally circulated papers, it's over. The CL just now gets to die without its dignity as well. What a joke of a publication.

Political Hack
02-11-2016, 09:57 AM
Print media is dying. Outside of the NYT and other nationally circulated papers, it's over. The CL just now gets to die without its dignity as well. What a joke of a publication. It's an absolute embarrassment that they're scared to report stories that reflect negatively on OM. Zero integrity.

MedDawg
02-11-2016, 10:47 AM
From what I can see they are doomed already. The Daily Journal in Tupelo is headed the same way. I doubt I'll renew my subscription when it comes up. It won't be over how they have NOT reported this stuff though. It will be over the blatant UM recruiting pitch to AJ Brown.

You can cancel now and get a check for the unused portion of your subscription.

drunkernhelldawg
02-11-2016, 11:04 AM
Print media is dying. Outside of the NYT and other nationally circulated papers, it's over. The CL just now gets to die without its dignity as well. What a joke of a publication.

I know they've taken a hit, but I believe that communities are realizing that they need their papers. In other words, I believe that the trend is going the other way finally. Regardless, the death of newspapers in favor of a standardless free for all on the web is not something to celebrate.

maroonmania
02-11-2016, 12:13 PM
I know they've taken a hit, but I believe that communities are realizing that they need their papers. In other words, I believe that the trend is going the other way finally. Regardless, the death of newspapers in favor of a standardless free for all on the web is not something to celebrate.

At this point maybe its just best the papers in MS just drop sports all together if they are unable to maintain any journalistic fairness to what is being reported. Right now, other than the reports of game scores, I consider most of the rest of it propaganda.