PDA

View Full Version : So new stories on OM start breaking on Finebaum...

Coach34
02-10-2016, 10:21 PM
now suddenly Bjork wants to talk and give the CL an exclusive??? Seriously??? On the day they dont deliver the NOA per Rosebowl's request?

Yeahhhhh- nothing to see here....its just 9 over 3....9 over 3...

I'll bet my ownership in Elitedawgs it doesnt end up as 9 over 3

mstatefan91
02-10-2016, 10:23 PM
But who inherits?******

RC3
02-10-2016, 10:26 PM
of course they had to respond. of course they did it through the CL. of course they didnt answer a lot of pertinent questions. IT is worse than they let on to begin with but i personally believe this is IT and it aint what many were hoping. once again, just my .02. Now if someone has something solid they can point me to that convinces me they are still being investigated or that they are going to receive a second letter or even an addendum to the first, I am all ears...but it would be pretty bold to go on record that strongly if it wasnt true

BeardoMSU
02-10-2016, 10:27 PM
What were these new rumors on Finebaum?

RC3
02-10-2016, 10:30 PM
What were these new rumors on Finebaum?

that a recruit took money. thought better of it. gave it back and reported himself. and at this point they are what you called them, rumors. someone please give me something solid

Coach34
02-10-2016, 10:31 PM
of course they had to respond. of course they did it through the CL. of course they didnt answer a lot of pertinent questions. IT is worse than they let on to begin with but i personally believe this is IT and it aint what many were hoping. once again, just my .02. Now if someone has something solid they can point me to that convinces me they are still being investigated or that they are going to receive a second letter or even an addendum to the first, I am all ears...but it would be pretty bold to go on record that strongly if it wasnt true

I think Bjork's over his head and is setting up a way out

Commercecomet24
02-10-2016, 10:33 PM

How do you know how bad it is or isn't when the won't even release the NOA or answer any questions? They're evading.

Commercecomet24
02-10-2016, 10:34 PM
I think Bjork's over his head and is setting up a way out

THIS!

Really Clark?
02-10-2016, 10:36 PM

We need to know what is in the NOA. If Bo Scarbough is not in that, and all indications have been he is not, then something else is being set up. You don't just suspend the player for receiving improper benefits while being recruited and let the party responsible for the violation go. The school will be punished even if it's just a rouge booster doing this.

RC3
02-10-2016, 10:38 PM
How do you know how bad it is or isn't when the won't even release the NOA or answer any questions? They're evading.

They are clearly evading because it is likely worse than they want to admit. But I think that's it

RC3
02-10-2016, 10:39 PM
We need to know what is in the NOA. If Bo Scarbough is not in that, and all indications have been he is not, then something else is being set up. You don't just suspend the player for receiving improper benefits while being recruited and let the party responsible for the violation go. The school will be punished even if it's just a rouge booster doing this.

How do we know it was ole miss that he took benefits from? Was that made public (I seriously don't know)

Thick
02-10-2016, 10:41 PM
Let me add, that Carter was spooked by the NCAA contacting him directly first. Then he called Saban, and told him what happened. That's what came out today on Finebaum. Finebaum confirmed what the caller said by admitting that he was told the same story by people within the Bama circle that he trusts and considers legitimate sources. It's not over!!

DoctorDawg
02-10-2016, 10:44 PM
Was bjork the AD at Miami when their crap was going on?

Thick
02-10-2016, 10:45 PM
The investigation that is actually concluded is the WBB and Track/Field, but the football is not complete yet. They have been interviewing recruits associated with OM. They may not receive a second letter, they may, or they may receive an addendum to the previous NOA with more football added.

Political Hack
02-10-2016, 10:47 PM
Let me add, that Carter was spooked by the NCAA contacting him directly first. Then he called Saban, and told him what happened. That's what came out today on Finebaum. Finebaum confirmed what the caller said by admitting that he was told the same story by people within the Bama circle that he trusts and considers legitimate sources. It's not over!!

Again... Other interviews have been taking place the last few weeks. We told everyone when it happened with Chris Jones and they doubted it. Now we're telling everyone multiple recruits have been interviewed by the NCAA the past few weeks and again, they're doubting it.

One place has been correct on this the past three years. This site and that's it!!!

Coach34
02-10-2016, 10:48 PM
Exactly- when he says he doesnt expect a 2nd letter- he could be talking about women's basketball and track

Really Clark?
02-10-2016, 10:48 PM
How do we know it was ole miss that he took benefits from? Was that made public (I seriously don't know)

That's what I said earlier. Either it was another school, which has never been mentioned by the Bama people, it's always been UNM, it's in this NOA, or they are out right lying about additional violations coming out later. It could be possible that additional investigations are taking place off of UNM campus. They do not have to notify the school of a NOI to investigate away from that schools campus. Of course you have to ask yourself, which party has out right denied and lied about this investigation over the past 3+ years? UNM has denied and twisted and spin from the get go. But now his words is straight and true?

Commercecomet24
02-10-2016, 10:50 PM
They're about to be in a world of hurt and they know it. I'm personally enjoying watching them squirm.

RC3
02-10-2016, 10:51 PM
Well I'm done holding out hope. Hopefully I'll be surprised down the road when a second letter with serious allegations come out

Reason2succeed
02-10-2016, 10:52 PM
Was bjork the AD at Miami when their crap was going on?

No. "2003-05: University of Miami, Associate Athletic Director for External Operations" from OM athletics website aka The Bear Cave

Really Clark?
02-10-2016, 10:54 PM

To add, when Saban went public about the Scarbourgh suspension and what it was for, it seemed to validate who was behind the improper benefit in many people's mind. He released the info the week of UNM game. That is strictly conjecture by many because of the timing. But there has never been another school mentioned, that I am aware of, and people breaking this long before it became public all maintain it was UNM.

Commercecomet24
02-10-2016, 10:54 PM
There has only been one source thru this whole deal that has been accurate and it ain't been the Bears! ED is the only source that has hit on every point of this investigation.

Beaver
02-10-2016, 10:57 PM
Curious.. Why aren't the national guys like Chris Low or E Aschoff all over this??

Thick
02-10-2016, 11:00 PM
They have no clue what's going on, but Aschoff admitted that the Bears apparently lied to everyone before NSD.

BeardoMSU
02-10-2016, 11:01 PM
Curious.. Why aren't the national guys like Chris Low or E Aschoff all over this??

CLow and Ash still having traces of certain OM "media" members' DNA in their mouths probably has something to do with that...

Schultzy
02-10-2016, 11:01 PM
To add, when Saban went public about the Scarbourgh suspension and what it was for, it seemed to validate who was behind the improper benefit in many people's mind. He released the info the week of UNM game. That is strictly conjecture by many because of the timing. But there has never been another school mentioned, that I am aware of, and people breaking this long before it became public all maintain it was UNM.

Not to mention the recruitment was down to Bama and UNM to the end that year, RC3. Of course it's obvious who the other party was.

PassInterference
02-10-2016, 11:03 PM
Ole Miss had a virtual gag order on the CL. So much so that the CL fired the one guy who did some investigative reporting and broke the Tunsil story.

And NOW, Ross gives the CL an exclusive? Yeah, that smells honest and transparent.

After Rosebowl filed his FOIA, the CL followed and they did too. Where is their NOA? Where are the resources of the CL pursuing their constitutional right to the NOA?

Beaver
02-10-2016, 11:11 PM
CLow and Ash still having traces of certain OM "media" members' DNA in their mouths probably has something to do with that...

Well, that's kind of what I'm alluding to... They weren't shy at all about putting the ESPN article out yesterday, which had a much friendlier tone than David's AP article. So why aren't they jumping all over the CL article on either social media or by at least posting an updated story on ESPN..

yjnkdawg
02-10-2016, 11:15 PM
Not to mention the recruitment was down to Bama and UNM to the end that year, RC3. Of course it's obvious who the other party was.

An Orlando Sentinel article said that OM thought they flipped Scarbrough after the visit. Scarbrough said let them think what they want to.

Dawgowar
02-10-2016, 11:23 PM
Guys, patience. It's moving at light speed compare to days of old. Let it play out and enjoy the UNM squirming. Nothing is over till they go in front of the NCAA. Bjork's comments are akin to an accused crook celebrating that the trial date can be set, not that he was found innocent. They have to face the NCAA. Tunsil alone is going to sting.

Lumpy Chucklelips
02-10-2016, 11:28 PM
Speaking of Finebaum, did ya'll hear the guy from Gulfport? Think his name was John. Says he's an SEC fan, but I think he's a State fan. He called a couple weeks ago after Forde put out his article. Made mention to some things that aren't being talked about outside of ED and from Steve. Called back in today to expound on those. Finebaum blew him off a couple of weeks ago. He let him talk today and pretty much said if what he's saying comes true, that they are in a lot of trouble.

I hope he keeps calling and keeps it in the forefront.

Lumpy Chucklelips
02-10-2016, 11:31 PM
The Carter that is being mentioned in this thread...is this the DB Carter that UNM thought they had who went with Bama on signing day?

Thrill1
02-10-2016, 11:36 PM
The Carter that is being mentioned in this thread...is this the DB Carter that UNM thought they had who went with Bama on signing day?

Yes.

Political Hack
02-10-2016, 11:42 PM
Guys, patience. It's moving at light speed compare to days of old. Let it play out and enjoy the UNM squirming. Nothing is over till they go in front of the NCAA. Bjork's comments are akin to an accused crook celebrating that the trial date can be set, not that he was found innocent. They have to face the NCAA. Tunsil alone is going to sting.

Quality perspective right here. Good advice fellas.

Lumpy Chucklelips
02-10-2016, 11:42 PM
Yes.

Hopefully he sang like a bird. And kept the money.

Political Hack
02-10-2016, 11:43 PM
Speaking of Finebaum, did ya'll hear the guy from Gulfport? Think his name was John. Says he's an SEC fan, but I think he's a State fan. He called a couple weeks ago after Forde put out his article. Made mention to some things that aren't being talked about outside of ED and from Steve. Called back in today to expound on those. Finebaum blew him off a couple of weeks ago. He let him talk today and pretty much said if what he's saying comes true, that they are in a lot of trouble.

I think he will.

tireddawg
02-10-2016, 11:48 PM
I missed the Carter deal. What took place?

Coach34
02-10-2016, 11:49 PM

lol...Elitedawg

Jack Lambert
02-10-2016, 11:52 PM
Watching Ole Miss is like watching the Clintons deal with their legal problems. Never mind the fact that Ole Dickie was a big time Clinton supporter and you noticed that before prison Ole Miss was having real good recruiting classes, while in prison it dropped off and since he got out of prison the recruiting picked up. If he will bribe a judge don't think he would not bribe a recruit. If you wonder where the 3 million Ole miss used for recruiting this season came from you don't have to look far past the tobacco law suit that Dickie won Millions upon Millions of dollars from.

RougeDawg
02-11-2016, 01:00 AM
They are clearly evading because it is likely worse than they want to admit. But I think that's it

They may have a 3rd letter on the way if only 1% of what they've been turned in for on this latest class is found to be true.

Dawgface
02-11-2016, 08:22 AM
I think he will.

Are you John? ;) BTW.....based on the news that is out there, what penalties do you guys really think are headed there way?

mparkerfd20
02-11-2016, 08:24 AM

That's *a member here* I think.

Edit: I'll let them reveal themselves.

ShotgunDawg
02-11-2016, 08:28 AM
Are you John? ;) BTW.....based on the news that is out there, what penalties do you guys really think are headed there way?

There's no way to know.

My guess though is that, if nothing else is added, your looking at some forfeits 12 or so scholarships over 4 years.

HOWEVER, with the way Bjork is speaking and some of the rumors of more recent violations, if those come to fruition, you looking at something that will make USC's penalties look like a 17ing picknick and something that could set the program back a decade.

RougeDawg
02-11-2016, 08:37 AM
I'm beginning to believe that this will not come form to money, cars, and hoes. The baca has shown that it turns a blind eye to the game as long as you don't turn over the evidence. This sounds more and more like a pattern of breaking the communication rules of the NCAA. I.e. Dead period, visits, quiet period etc. these are the areas Bucky was busted for 10 years ago, improper contact with recruits. Could it be a repeat offender status for him? Even if it isn't, he has learnt shown repetitive behavior which the NCAA frowns upon 2nd offenses. This does not include the Saunders fraud but I'd be willing to say Bucky played a part in at least some of the Saunders stuff.

ShotgunDawg
02-11-2016, 08:45 AM
I'm beginning to believe that this will not come form to money, cars, and hoes. The baca has shown that it turns a blind eye to the game as long as you don't turn over the evidence. This sounds more and more like a pattern of breaking the communication rules of the NCAA. I.e. Dead period, visits, quiet period etc. these are the areas Bucky was busted for 10 years ago, improper contact with recruits. Could it be a repeat offender status for him? Even if it isn't, he has learnt shown repetitive behavior which the NCAA frowns upon 2nd offenses. This does not include the Saunders fraud but I'd be willing to say Bucky played a part in at least some of the Saunders stuff.

Maybe, but if Saban has to continue to turn his own players into the NCAA, then the NCAA has to do something. They have no choice.

ILOATHEBears
02-11-2016, 08:56 AM

Clow did a rotation at tsun at nsd. He was given premium info and had a head start to have his story ready to go so long as it was not to negative toward tsun

defiantdog
02-11-2016, 08:56 AM
Bjork better have legal representation with him on this interview with the CL