View Full Version : This is pretty interesting

Dawgology
02-10-2016, 09:55 PM
And says a lot about Dan Mullen as a recruiter and coach:

http://www.picksixpreviews.com/football-factories.html
I'm

Political Hack
02-10-2016, 10:51 PM
Wish they had a larger sample size to pull from for Dan. Lol.

NYDawg
02-11-2016, 01:18 AM
Recruits don't care about this. They just want a beautiful campus.***

BeardoMSU
02-11-2016, 01:41 AM
Freeze way down on the list, but this years draft will definitely bump him up a notch. That being said, the players that OM will have drafted this summer...what does that prove, exactly? Tread, RK, and LT were all #1 at their respective positions coming out of HS. I think most people would've predicted they'd all be draft picks. That would have happened no matter where they went. Guys like Jon Banks, Preston, McKinney, Slay, and KJ are all great examples of undervalued guys who were recruited based solely on their athletic ability. And guess what...they are all starters in the league. KJ isn't just starting, but one of the best LB's in the entire game. You can't put a value on that type of forethought and development, IMO.

Op4isabitch
02-11-2016, 08:31 AM
That's an easy argument:
This is how my convo with rebels will go on this subject. It will be a short convo.

Oh so you're telling me that Freeze can develop the #1 rated recruit out of high school into an NFL draft pick? Gosh he must be a miracle worker. ��

Dan's not a miracle worker but he can turn 2and 3 stars into NFL stars.

mparkerfd20
02-11-2016, 08:40 AM
Interesting that none of the top 10 are that good at turning out Wrs except Meyer with 44%.

Dawgology
02-11-2016, 08:55 AM
Freeze way down on the list, but this years draft will definitely bump him up a notch. That being said, the players that OM will have drafted this summer...what does that prove, exactly? Tread, RK, and LT were all #1 at their respective positions coming out of HS. I think most people would've predicted they'd all be draft picks. That would have happened no matter where they went. Guys like Jon Banks, Preston, McKinney, Slay, and KJ are all great examples of undervalued guys who were recruited based solely on their athletic ability. And guess what...they are all starters in the league. KJ isn't just starting, but one of the best LB's in the entire game. You can't put a value on that type of forethought and development, IMO.

To me it's all about how a coach develops 3 stars and below. That comes down to skill in evaluation and recruiting. Any coach can put a 5 star in the NFL. Honestly, those guys could go to any school and still end up in the NFL. What 4 and 5 star players need to look at with coaches like this is how much could they improve my game to where I go high in the first round. = more moolahah

Coach34
02-11-2016, 01:12 PM
Mullen will also get a boost- this will be our largest draft class in school history I believe

Commercecomet24
02-11-2016, 01:16 PM
No question Mullen is super at evaluation and development.