PDA

View Full Version : What I read into all this UM stuff...

codeDawg
08-11-2013, 10:46 PM
If Jones is chatting with the NCAA, a few things:

1. Something happened that caused someone in our camp to pull the pin and walk away.
2. UM thinks they have somebody that can take the grenade for them.
3. If this made it to national media, UM pissed off enough people that Slive is not the one they are depending on.

It's so hard to tell if this is going to turn into anything. The NCAA is a bunch of amateurs. Things really have to be delivered to them on a silver platter. We happen to deliver ourselves just that way.

At the same time, UM is trying their best to burn themselves down and out. The stories I keep hearing in Memphis from UM people is that nobody worked out this summer. The stories we hear about Wallace and Co. sucking it up in camp are because the "stars" of the team + Marshall Henderson spent their break entertaining recruits with cocaine and whatever else they could get their hands on. Now everybody is out of shape and not on the same page. One guy I know that thinks he know what is going on is betting big against UM in the first game because, "there is no way they are going to get their shit together in time."

One thing I can say is that I really appreciate the lack of drama on our side this year. I hope it continues and we just take care of business.

deltadawg99
08-12-2013, 10:27 AM
I think that OM finally pissed off one of the big boys in this last class and they have enough evidence to finally make a case against them. It could also be a case where a few schools come together in order to get some dirt against OM.

I remember reading a book a few years ago called "SEC Where Football is King" (or something like that) and it talked about during the 90s when a lot of teams were on probation. I specifically remember reading in the book that JWS went up to Phillip Fulmer and told him that he knew some good private investigators if he needed some help getting info against Alabama.

Goat Holder
08-12-2013, 10:52 AM
The stories I keep hearing in Memphis from UM people is that nobody worked out this summer. The stories we hear about Wallace and Co. sucking it up in camp are because the "stars" of the team + Marshall Henderson spent their break entertaining recruits with cocaine and whatever else they could get their hands on. Now everybody is out of shape and not on the same page. One guy I know that thinks he know what is going on is betting big against UM in the first game because, "there is no way they are going to get their shit together in time."

You have found Ole Miss people that would actually divulge this info? I've never found any that would.

Jack Lambert
08-12-2013, 10:54 AM
If Ole Miss is guilty of something but they did not directly go to Chris Jones but to say Dad or someone else in the family we have anther Cam Newton situations. Nothing will happen to Ole Miss. They like us saw how Auburn went around it. The NCAA opened up a big door and I don't know if they have shut it or not.

gravedigger
08-12-2013, 11:02 AM
The real punishment is the length, uncertainty and media exposure of the investigation.

The findings and penalties are secondary to the damage the media exposure will wreak unless they are quick and severe. In which case they'll fight it and the process will go much further.

We win no matter which.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
08-12-2013, 05:46 PM
At the same time, UM is trying their best to burn themselves down and out. The stories I keep hearing in Memphis from UM people is that nobody worked out this summer. The stories we hear about Wallace and Co. sucking it up in camp are because the "stars" of the team + Marshall Henderson spent their break entertaining recruits with cocaine and whatever else they could get their hands on. Now everybody is out of shape and not on the same page. One guy I know that thinks he know what is going on is betting big against UM in the first game because, "there is no way they are going to get their shit together.

This is the first I have heard of this. Am I the rule or the exception here?

codeDawg
08-13-2013, 08:59 AM
You have found Ole Miss people that would actually divulge this info? I've never found any that would.

East Memphis is essentially 50% UM fans, so it's pretty common to find yourself in a group conversation where two people are talking about this stuff, though maybe not directly to the entire group. Three times I have heard the same type of stories.

Somebody asks somebody else who is supposed to know what's going on down there, and that guy essentially says that they are talented, but Wallace, KimAndKanye-che, plus Marshall Henderson and a bunch of other guys spent the summer blowing it out with recruits instead of working out, and now they have a lot of work to do in camp to catch up. The other common element, that I have heard elsewhere, is that the police force in Oxford were told to stand down after the first incident of the year. Apparently there have been lots of run-ins, but the local authorities are letting Freeze take care of things.

I don't know if this is UM folklore or truth, just what I have heard multiple times.