PDA

View Full Version : Soooo Ole Missus didnt turn over the NOA to Rosey...

Coach34
02-10-2016, 07:00 PM
Yep- just secondary stuff in it. Nothing to see here. 9 over 3!! No probation!! All is Well!!!!

Commercecomet24
02-10-2016, 07:04 PM
You know they're screwed now! If there was nothing but wbb, track and old football stuff in there they shouldn't have any trouble releasing. I know they're in deep doo doo for sure now.. Not releasing it says it all! That whole place can burn down!

cheewgumm
02-10-2016, 07:08 PM
So, they're gong to make him go to court to force them to release?

Commercecomet24
02-10-2016, 07:12 PM
So, they're gong to make him go to court to force them to release?

Yep all over just some infractions that don't mean nothing.....yeah right! They're screwed. The writings on the wall now. Only a matter of time before the hammer drops.

dawggoneit
02-10-2016, 07:15 PM
If they can't negotiate a seriously favorable outcome with the NCAA they are in major trouble. To much bobbing and weaving for the minor infractions they're trying to make this out to be. They are screwed!!!

Dolphus Raymond
02-10-2016, 07:17 PM
When this all started to come to light with the ULL findings, I had my doubts that anything serious would be proven and "3 over 9" would be about it. Now I am in the camp that the punishment will be from "bad" to "really bad" with an outside chance of catastrophic. Ole miss not releasing the NOA is, in my opinion, telling. To be honest, I was a little concerned that Ole Miss was letting the anticipation of the content build, all the while knowing not much was there and would then, with much fanfare, release it at 5:01 and then poof, nothing to it. Hey, that's just how I think. Now? They are running scared.

Political Hack
02-10-2016, 07:18 PM
Shocker. Who could've seen this coming???***

Commercecomet24
02-10-2016, 07:22 PM
Them holding out on releasing the NOA is more damning than if they went ahead and released. They're scared to death trying to buy time and see if they can get some of this mitigated. All they're doing now is trying to buy time and they know they're screwed. This is a pattern of people who are guilty try to buy time and hope it goes away. It doesn't and it won't.

Mjoelner34
02-10-2016, 07:24 PM
There can only be 2 possibilities.

1. As Commercecomet24 said, by not releasing it, it appears that there's more stuff than they've let on already in the letter.

or

2. There is only going to be 1 letter and that one is a 'living document' that isn't closed because more material will be added and therefore it legally can't be released because it is still part of an open investigation.

So Bears, which is it? The letter is worse than you're letting on so you're going to hide it as long as possible or the investigation is still open and is growing. Those are your only 2 options. No one but lazy journalists, paid mouthpieces and your hypnotized fanatics believe your talking points.

DistrictDawg92
02-10-2016, 07:28 PM
I'm thinking the content of the NOA makes it very clear that there is another ongoing investigation, and I don't think Ole Miss is ready to admit that publicly. Like Finebaum said today, if there is another ongoing investigation it is very bad for Ole Miss.

cheewgumm
02-10-2016, 07:29 PM
One possibility, they delay and have State fans demanding it...

Then they release it and it turns out to be not as bad as made out.

It's like setting expectations for something REALLY bad, then it ends up being just "bad". But it seems like nothing, because it's been built up.

Brahmabull
02-10-2016, 07:30 PM
I said last week that Steve wouldn't get it. This is standard OP. Give it to outside counsel and don't let it out until you have all responses prepared. I don't think this means there will not be another letter or additions to the current.

Commercecomet24
02-10-2016, 07:31 PM
There can only be 2 possibilities.

1. As Commercecomet24 said, by not releasing it, it appears that there's more stuff than they've let on already in the letter.

or

2. There is only going to be 1 letter and that one is a 'living document' that isn't closed because more material will be added and therefore it legally can't be released because it is still part of an open investigation.

So Bears, which is it? The letter is worse than you're letting on so you're going to hide it as long as possible or the investigation is still open and is growing. Those are your only 2 options. No one but lazy journalists, paid mouthpieces and your hypnotized fanatics believe your talking points.

And the good thing about it, both of those options are bad news for the Bears!

C222
02-10-2016, 07:40 PM
So they couldn't have told him this when he made the initial request? They made it wait until today?

msstate7
02-10-2016, 07:41 PM
By not releasing it, I would think that national media will pick up the request for the NOA now.

jumbo
02-10-2016, 07:43 PM
Can he request it from the legal counsel?

blacklistedbully
02-10-2016, 07:51 PM
When this all started to come to light with the ULL findings, I had my doubts that anything serious would be proven and "3 over 9" would be about it. Now I am in the camp that the punishment will be from "bad" to "really bad" with an outside chance of catastrophic. Ole miss not releasing the NOA is, in my opinion, telling. To be honest, I was a little concerned that Ole Miss was letting the anticipation of the content build, all the while knowing not much was there and would then, with much fanfare, release it at 5:01 and then poof, nothing to it. Hey, that's just how I think. Now? They are running scared.

+1. Exactly what I was thinking. Still lean toward it being bad for them, but have just had this small concern it's a setup. Right out of the Clinton playbook.

turkish
02-10-2016, 07:58 PM
McReady was on local sports radio here in BR. When asked if UOM was gonna get "body slammed" he said he didn't think so, but that the AD's unwillingness to come out and proclaim innocence (i.e. tell what's in the NOA) had him worried. He was pumping much less sunshine than I expected. He also said that a faction of MSU 'guys' were touting an addendum that UNM vehemently denied. He added a "but" at the end of that sentence, and I really think he wanted to say "but those MSU guys have nailed it pretty well so far. 'Twas interesting.

yjnkdawg
02-10-2016, 08:04 PM
So they couldn't have told him this when he made the initial request? They made it wait until today?

Under the Ms Public Records Act, SR should have been notified of this within 7 business days from the date of his request. Even though the penalty for not supplying requested information, in a timely manner and actually what was requested from a State Agency/Institution, is not that much in fines, it is a violation of State Law and if some media outlet(s) pushed it, they could probably put a little heat on OM.

ShotgunDawg
02-10-2016, 08:11 PM
Regardless of the outcome of this, there's going to be a faction within the Ole Miss group.

If nothing eke, someone is lying to someone. I don't know if the athletic department is lying to the media and the media is just relaying the message or if the media is knowingly lying to the fans, but just like Humpty Dumpty, "all the King's horses and all the King's men could never put Humpty back together again."

Someone is lying and they will have to answer to that. As screwed up as the Ole Miss fan base is, I can't imagine they appreciate blatant lies that are growing by the day.

IMissJack
02-10-2016, 08:21 PM
Someone is lying and they will have to answer to that. As screwed up as the Ole Miss fan base is, I can't imagine they appreciate blatant lies that are growing by the day.

I have thought about this as well. While I dislike OM, I know a few of their fans from my younger days, and some of them are very much Godly people. I do not think this is going to go over well to some of their fan base.

Spiderman
02-10-2016, 08:37 PM
I have thought about this as well. While I dislike OM, I know a few of their fans from my younger days, and some of them are very much Godly people. I do not think this is going to go over well to some of their fan base.

Some equals .0005%

Culture of corruption.

Homedawg
02-10-2016, 08:37 PM
I said last week that Steve wouldn't get it. This is standard OP. Give it to outside counsel and don't let it out until you have all responses prepared. I don't think this means there will not be another letter or additions to the current.

Thank you. No one else can read that this was going to be the case!!!

shannondawg
02-10-2016, 08:40 PM
Seem to me that it would behoove them to go ahead and release , good or bad, and then it would die down and get them out of the headlights. Speculation is probably worse than what it actually will turn out to be.

But on the other hand, if heads are gonna fall over this, they would delay as long as possible.

Maroonthirteen
02-10-2016, 08:41 PM
Told y'all. Typical defensive tactic. Theyll force him to spend time and money before they hand over anything. ESPECIALLY to an individual that is a State fan.

02-08-2016, 07:01 PM #18

vCash
Kudos to SR for having the balls to call out the CL and OM. However, he isn't getting anything from thier lawyers. They are going to play nice and delay and delay and delay. Then when SR turns up the heat. They will call his Bluff and force SR file suit. Which will cost SR (or whoever is backing him) money. The suit will take forever to get settled and in the meantime.... No information will be released that they can control.

Book it.

msstate7
02-10-2016, 08:45 PM
Told y'all. Typical defensive tactic. Theyll force him to spend time and money before they hand over anything. ESPECIALLY to an individual that is a State fan.

02-08-2016, 07:01 PM #18

vCash
Kudos to SR for having the balls to call out the CL and OM. However, he isn't getting anything from thier lawyers. They are going to play nice and delay and delay and delay. Then when SR turns up the heat. They will call his Bluff and force SR file suit. Which will cost SR (or whoever is backing him) money. The suit will take forever to get settled and in the meantime.... No information will be released that they can control.

Book it.

By denying Steve, I would bet that some bigger fish (deadspin, ESPN, etc) will pick up the story now and file their own foia

DancingRabbit
02-10-2016, 08:53 PM
It's one thing to have Pat Forde or the AP poking around. But to have an MSU fan site reporter demanding documents probably grinds their gears.

The contempt over-floweth.

Reminds me of Col. Jessup's attitude.
https://seeitorskipit.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/a-few-good-men.jpg

IMissJack
02-10-2016, 08:58 PM
Some equals .0005%

Culture of corruption.

I get what you're saying Spidey, I'm not talking about the red polyester pant wearing ex frat boys, just some good country people that never went to college, but were OM fans just because. I'm in agreement that it is a dwindling part of their fanbase, especially since most of their students are from out of state.

Really Clark?
02-10-2016, 08:59 PM
Thank you. No one else can read that this was going to be the case!!!

Figures with UNM. But many schools don't handle it that way. Miami as a private school is even more entitled to hide and deny. And while they were in their rights to withhold the actual NOA, they immediately notified the public of the receipt and most of the content of the NOA the day after they received it. UNC released their NOA after 2 weeks, in full with only the protected redacted info. Although it's not longer valid because of new violations. USCe immediately notified the press of receipt and content of the bulk of the allegations that were the most damning, not the most minor.

It always goes back to the question, if it's not bad why are you holding back at least an official release of the actual charges even if you are not going to publish the NOA.

yjnkdawg
02-10-2016, 09:10 PM
Steve had said that there were 6 to 7 more that had also filed a public record request. I just wonder who they are, and how they will react to this stall procedure.

Reason2succeed
02-10-2016, 09:13 PM
It always goes back to the question, if it's not bad why are you holding back at least an official release of the actual charges even if you are not going to publish the NOA.

They're probably re-recruiting their 2016 class. They probably will inform the "student athletes" before releasing to the medai for fear that they will want out of their scholarship.

Or

They're looking for another job because OM is about to burn.