PDA

View Full Version : Looks like Pawwl is turning on the Bears

BayouDawg
02-10-2016, 03:40 PM
Finebaum just said it seems like the NCAA has ole miss in their crosshairs. He even mentioned the NOA and that their could be more. Ol tusk was right about how he'll turn on em

mstatefan91
02-10-2016, 03:42 PM
Finebaum annoys the sh*t out of me. He's just a parrot. He hardly ever has anything of substance that hasn't already been covered/dissected by someone else.

starkvegasdawg
02-10-2016, 03:42 PM
Pretty much the only media still in their corner are their old guard like Alford and McCready locally and Asschaps nationally. Last night everybody else turned their backs on them. Twitter blew up. Between that and the basketball game I went to bed with a big old smile on my face.

RC3
02-10-2016, 03:43 PM
yeah he seemed a little perturbed that the bears had sucked him into their spin cycle and that whoever he had talked to had obviously lied to him

BayouDawg
02-10-2016, 03:44 PM
Finebaum annoys the sh*t out of me. He's just a parrot. He hardly ever has anything of substance that hasn't already been covered/dissected by someone else.

Oh I agree he's just a mouthpiece but it seems someone has instructed him it's ok to turn on the bears

Really Clark?
02-10-2016, 03:50 PM
He wasn't being a mouthpiece. He has been at this game way too long. He knows how to suck people in and when to turn on programs. And how to act all shocked about it. Whatever info we have, he has had longer and more of it.

shannondawg
02-10-2016, 04:27 PM
One of our favorite posters is on with Finebaum now as I type, Paul is definitely pissed at Freezes ,or as my friends says, Freezes has peed in the whiskey, cause he was misled so bad by him.
Last week Freeze sat at the foot of the cross as far as Paul was concerned.

mstatefan91
02-10-2016, 04:29 PM
One of our favorite posters is on with Finebaum now as I type, Paul is definitely pissed at Freezes , cause he was misled so bad by him.

Wish I was watching. Sadly, stuck at a desk pretending to be productive.

cheewgumm
02-10-2016, 04:30 PM
One of our favorite posters is on with Finebaum now as I type, Paul is definitely pissed at Freezes , cause he was misled so bad by him.

Whoever that poster is, I say "GREAT VOICE"...seriously, that deep Southern voice says College Football.

Whoever you are, you need to be on the Miss State broadcast.

RC3
02-10-2016, 04:31 PM
my dad just text me and said it was reported by Paul just now that there is info that a recruit took money from ole miss and then signed with another school...Scarbrough perhaps?

shannondawg
02-10-2016, 04:36 PM
All I will say is he's from the coast and loves the dawgs.

BayouDawg
02-10-2016, 04:38 PM
Paul practically laughed him off the show last week. You could tell Paul feels like a real idiot now

maroonmania
02-10-2016, 04:38 PM
One of our favorite posters is on with Finebaum now as I type, Paul is definitely pissed at Freezes ,or as my friends says, Freezes has peed in the whiskey, cause he was misled so bad by him.

If Paul doesn't realize he was used as an OM mouthpiece to help them get through signing day then he is much less intelligent than I even thought he was. It was obvious to me then and should have been obvious to him as well.

Coach34
02-10-2016, 04:39 PM

CoastDawgGeezer!!!!! My Boy!!!

Op4isabitch
02-10-2016, 04:40 PM
I heard him on Finebaum today and last week. I think I know who it is, does he have a 3 letter username?

I loved the heck out of it when he drops it on the Bears. It's good to see the worm has turned on the Finebaum show.

maroonmania
02-10-2016, 04:41 PM
my dad just text me and said it was reported by Paul just now that there is info that a recruit took money from ole miss and then signed with another school...Scarbrough perhaps?

Is this supposed to be breaking news? Surely Paul can't really be that out of the loop on what has gone on with OM recruiting.

cheewgumm
02-10-2016, 04:42 PM
He's got a voice that screams "SEC football!!"

RC3
02-10-2016, 04:43 PM
Is this supposed to be breaking news? Surely Paul can't really be that out of the loop on what has gone on with OM recruiting.

i think he was in denial and was buying what his ole miss "sources" were selling him all along. it seems he has changed his mind at this point and is actually a little chapped about being misled

maroonmania
02-10-2016, 04:44 PM
I heard him on Finebaum today and last week. I think I know who it is, does he have a 3 letter username?

I loved the heck out of it when he drops it on the Bears. It's good to see the worm has turned on the Finebaum show.

Yep, but OM got their signees on signing day, so the worm turning isn't going to hurt them that much. I mean the truth was eventually going to come out anyway but they've locked in another top 10 rated class by using the media to do their bidding for them, Finebaum included.

coastdoglover
02-10-2016, 04:44 PM

It was all the truth as it was the first time. Freeze is going to be proven a liar and the only goal now for the bears is to protect Freeze. No question Bjork has lied when he said "many of the allegations are from prior administrations". Nine out of thirteen are under Freeze's watch. The Ole Miss attorneys are in full speed right now.

Really Clark?
02-10-2016, 04:46 PM

Breadcrumbs and a long rope. He will drop little pieces and let UNM hang themselves. He is just playing with them. Don't forget how long Paul has at this and was an investigative sports reporter for over 20 years. As well as a columnist for an additional 9.

yjnkdawg
02-10-2016, 04:51 PM
i think he was in denial and was buying what his ole miss "sources" were selling him all along. it seems he has changed his mind at this point and is actually a little chapped about being misled

I had heard that he had previoulsy just been doing what one of his lawyer buddies had wanted him to do, who is with the Birmingham Law Firm representing OM.

Drugs Delaney
02-10-2016, 04:51 PM
He wasn't being a mouthpiece. He has been at this game way too long. He knows how to suck people in and when to turn on programs. And how to act all shocked about it. Whatever info we have, he has had longer and more of it.
+1

Maroon Blood
02-10-2016, 05:03 PM
CoastDawgGeezer!!!!! My Boy!!!

Is this the gentleman that was on Finebaum today and Bo's show this morning? If so, I want to give him props. He's very well spoken, knows how to ask questions and provide information in a relaxed, well-educated way.

sandwolf
02-10-2016, 05:07 PM
Breadcrumbs and a long rope. He will drop little pieces and let UNM hang themselves. He is just playing with them. Don't forget how long Paul has at this and was an investigative sports reporter for over 20 years. As well as a columnist for an additional 9.

Yep, I could definitely see this.....Paul has gotten rich by knowing how to toy with the emotions of SEC football fans. He's not stupid......he is just perfectly willing to make himself look stupid if it drives up his ratings.

blacklistedbully
02-10-2016, 05:08 PM
Pretty sure I heard Paul say (during his exchange with John from Gulfport) that, though he was going to now, "wait and see what comes out", some of the things he is now hearing from people he knows is, "making his head swim".

Dolphus Raymond
02-10-2016, 05:10 PM
"Death by a thousand cuts."

was21
02-10-2016, 05:13 PM
Finebaum doesn't have the freedom to stir up shat like he did when he was independent. He's been muzzled to an extent. About the only thing he's good at is predicting coaching changes and he has a lot of well placed informants. Regardless he's still an asshole.

cheewgumm
02-10-2016, 05:44 PM
These callers are great.

Reason2succeed
02-10-2016, 05:47 PM
These callers are great.

The sound of Rebel Bear tears is music to my ears.

Thick
02-10-2016, 05:48 PM
Finebaum is blowing up right now. Caller just called in and OM offered S Carter money to sign. He took the money, felt bad about it, and called Saban. Saban told him to return the money. He did, and Saban called the NCAA. The NCAA interviewed Carter. Finebaum confirmed what the caller said, but was not going to reveal it until everything played out. Holy shit, the Bears are going to get ripped.

Ralph
02-10-2016, 05:50 PM
Finebaum is blowing up right now. Caller just called in and OM offered S Carter money to sign. He took the money, felt bad about it, and called Saban. Saban told him to return the money. He did, and Saban called the NCAA. The NCAA interviewed Carter. Finebaum confirmed what the caller said, but was not going to reveal it until everything played out. Holy shit, the Bears are going to get ripped.

He legitimately sounded pissed that his source at OM used him as a mouthpiece and outright lied to him. He said "I sat here last week and defended the man (freezus) and now hearing things that make my head swim"

Coach34
02-10-2016, 05:51 PM

Nooooo- just a couple secondary violations and this is done...9 over 3 remember???? Learn your talking points!!!

Really Clark?
02-10-2016, 05:54 PM
He legitimately sounded pissed that his source at OM used him as a mouthpiece and outright lied to him. He said "I sat here last week and defended the man (freezus) and now hearing things that make my head swim"
Told ya last week and earlier in this thread. He was just setting them up to rip them. What's better than a feel good trustworthy man to believe in type story? Destroying that same man and program because of the lies. Paul set them up last week knowing what was coming down.

RC3
02-10-2016, 06:06 PM
Even wiener is acknowledging they put a false spin on it all

DLGDawg
02-10-2016, 06:07 PM
This is gettin better by the minute.

Dawgface
02-10-2016, 06:25 PM
Finebaum doesn't have the freedom to stir up shat like he did when he was independent. He's been muzzled to an extent. About the only thing he's good at is predicting coaching changes and he has a lot of well placed informants. Regardless he's still an asshole.

At least he's going to be the bear's asshole for awhile. :)

Bully13
02-10-2016, 06:43 PM

So just to make sure I'm understanding, finebaum said he has received confirmation of this story? Sounds like these interviews Steve talked about are true. The 2nd letter may be delayed. Holy 17. How do they conclude an investigation when violations continue? Hell of a stall tactict by the bears. Prolly starting to piss the NCAA off. Grab the pop corn.

Buddy
02-10-2016, 06:47 PM

Can anyone else confirm this happened on Finebaum today?

JDog13
02-10-2016, 06:49 PM

Don't have to. Thick said it happened.

Coach34
02-10-2016, 06:50 PM

why would anybody else need to confirm? A grown ass man that played football at State told you what happened. Thats good enough

Thick
02-10-2016, 06:54 PM
The show will be up on his podcast tomorrow.

archdog
02-10-2016, 07:06 PM
yeah he seemed a little perturbed that the bears had sucked him into their spin cycle and that whoever he had talked to had obviously lied to him

Finebaum said and this pretty much a direct quote, that he has talked to Hugh Freeze about his recruiting practices and he assured his listening audience that their was nothing to the rumors. This all was right after he interviewed Hugh Freeze on air during NSD.

RC3
02-10-2016, 07:11 PM
Finebaum said and this pretty much a direct quote, that he has talked to Hugh Freeze about his recruiting practices and he assured his listening audience that their was nothing to the rumors. This all was right after he interviewed Hugh Freeze on air during NSD.

And he now obviously doesn't beleieve him. The scorn may get serious

JDog13
02-10-2016, 07:13 PM
why would anybody else need to confirm? A grown ass man that played football at State told you what happened. Thats good enough

Still can't believe Michael Henig posts here.

IMissJack
02-10-2016, 07:18 PM

I laughed out loud.

Thick
02-10-2016, 07:45 PM
Ouch that hurt!

BrunswickDawg
02-10-2016, 07:50 PM
Why do I have the feeling that if Henig even looked at Thick, his collar bone would break.... again.

msstate7
02-10-2016, 07:52 PM

The only thing I would question is who would carter return the money to and why the heck would the guy take it back knowing it's most likely a set up?

Coach34
02-10-2016, 07:59 PM
The only thing I would question is who would carter return the money to and why the heck would the guy take it back knowing it's most likely a set up?

He could have dumped it in one of their coaches lap and said here- take it

msstate7
02-10-2016, 08:00 PM
He could have dumped it in one of their coaches lap and said here- take it

Hopefully it was freeze's haha

GumpDawg
02-10-2016, 08:02 PM

Who ever the middle man was and because these kids have them by the balls once they offer money. Kid can come clean and show he corrected the mistake by returning money (and that carter didn't sign with OM so there is no quid pro quo) so forgiveness is easier. You think the bagman has this option? Hell no, he can't breath a word of it.

Thick
02-10-2016, 08:04 PM
All I know, is that Finebaum confirmed the story by the caller, and added that he heard from reliable sources at Bama that he trusts. The podcast, if you listen, should have it in hour 3.

yjnkdawg
02-10-2016, 08:08 PM

I think it would be turned in to the NCAA and then be donated to a charity of the player's choice.

bulldawg28
02-10-2016, 08:12 PM

Saban was burned last year with Ole Miss. He wasn't going to let it happen twice.

Schultzy
02-10-2016, 08:18 PM
All I know, is that Finebaum confirmed the story by the caller, and added that he heard from reliable sources at Bama that he trusts. The podcast, if you listen, should have it in hour 3.

I dvr'd it today thinking there could be some calls like this, thx for letting me know it's in our 3.

Spiderman
02-10-2016, 08:53 PM

Good joke.

But I have nothing but respect for Henig. Tough little bastard, who was asked to do a lot by a complete moron who almost got him killed.

Henig beat Bama. A feat not many State QB's can brag about.