PDA

View Full Version : Is there a 2nd letter or is there not?

cheewgumm
02-10-2016, 11:32 AM
I think this is my biggest question. REBs seem to think investigation is over, and they have been given the allegations. Now, they respond, the end.

Honestly, I have no idea.

To me it would make more sense for the NCAA to jsut wait and put everything in 1 letter.

What is the consensus?

Ralph
02-10-2016, 11:34 AM
Well every article that came out last night said the investigation is ongoing. So one could presume there is more to come. No one knows how serious it could be though.

cheewgumm
02-10-2016, 11:38 AM
"Ongoing" could mean, ongoing until Ole Miss responds.

That is the take I have seen.

starkvegasdawg
02-10-2016, 11:45 AM
I think ongoing means they are still looking into things. If this NOA was the end of it then there is no longer an investigation. That's like driving somewhere and once you get there just keep on driving. No, once you arrive the driving portion is over. If the investigation is still ongoing then they are still driving. They aren't there yet. Now whether or not this means a second NOA or they add on to the current one remains to be seen but to me is irrelevant. I don't care where they tack on the additional charges just so long as they are tacked on.

missouridawg
02-10-2016, 11:46 AM
I think today we will get the details of the NOA. Look for Chris Jones and/or Bo Scarborough. Those are the two keys to a 2nd letter. If they aren't mentioned, it's almost a guarantee that they'll get one.

Dawgpile
02-10-2016, 11:50 AM
The pretty sound logic I've read is that Women's BkB and the Track team have been hanging for 3 years now, and this first letter is to get those out of the way so that they can get on with their business.

Ole Miss continued their shenanigans with the NCAA on campus so surely there are additional issues they turned up during the original process.

maroonmania

No it wouldn't. In normal cases the investigation is OVER once the NOA is delivered. If the investigation is ongoing the only logical conclusion is they are still looking into things not related to the first letter. However, I guess nobody can 100% say that the ongoing investigation will result in a 2nd letter until it results in a 2nd letter.

HoopsDawg
IF there is a 2nd letter, will they be subject to the repeat offender violations? If so, coupled with Lack of Institutional control, they will get absolutely hammered.

Coach34
02-10-2016, 11:59 AM
Steve mentioned one scenario could be that the latest allegations get added to this one as addendums- but the NCAA is still investigating. Hell, they just got a burner phone from last week- so there is still stuff out there.

Scarbrough sat 4 games because of them. If thats not listed- 100% something else is coming

chef dixon
02-10-2016, 12:14 PM
Ask yourself, has OM sources been correct about ANYTHING so far?

Hell no

Coach34
02-10-2016, 12:19 PM
Ask yourself, has OM sources been correct about ANYTHING so far?

Hell no

Literally not right about 1 damn thing to date

TXDawg
02-10-2016, 12:20 PM
No it wouldn't. In normal cases the investigation is OVER once the NOA is delivered. If the investigation is ongoing the only logical conclusion is they are still looking into things not related to the first letter. However, I guess nobody can 100% say that the ongoing investigation will result in a 2nd letter until it results in a 2nd letter.

Except that it was Bjork who made the "investigation is still ongoing" statement which certainly could mean UNM's investigation in order to formulate a response.

CadaverDawg
02-10-2016, 12:21 PM
I guess now we know why Freeze brought up Chris Jones in an interview and why he has maintained a "close relationship" with Chris. Trying to keep him from turning on him by "luvin on him". Creepy cult leading snake bastard

TXDawg
02-10-2016, 12:22 PM
Steve mentioned one scenario could be that the latest allegations get added to this one as addendums- but the NCAA is still investigating. Hell, they just got a burner phone from last week- so there is still stuff out there.

Scarbrough sat 4 games because of them. If thats not listed- 100% something else is coming

Not disagreeing with you 34, but do we know for certain that Scarborough sat because of dealings with UNM? I've seen it speculated, just haven't seen anything conclusive.

Really Clark?
02-10-2016, 12:24 PM
I guess now we know why Freeze brought up Chris Jones in an interview and why he has maintained a "close relationship" with Chris. Trying to keep him from turning on him by "luvin on him". Creepy cult leading snake bastard

And because it is a violation he wanted to get out and spin for his self righteous image.

Dawgtini
02-10-2016, 12:26 PM
Not disagreeing with you 34, but do we know for certain that Scarborough sat because of dealings with UNM? I've seen it speculated, just haven't seen anything conclusive.

Come on mane. Nothing "conclusive" can be "seen" until the NCAA puts in down on paper. That is why it will be interesting to note if it is in the current NOA. It happened. It has not been noted in writing by the NCAA.

AlSwearengen
02-10-2016, 12:29 PM

Yeah. That was very strange and even stranger to admit to the media.

I have a hard time believing that Bucky got so close to Jones during his recruitment (olemiss didn't even recruit him until the end when he got all of those stars) that he felt the need to continue calling him for a couple of years. Does bucky still call Scarborough?

Coach34
02-10-2016, 12:31 PM

Yes we do- but as another poster said- until the NCAA puts it down on paper it wont be 100%
We also know the burner phone for a recruit was from them
We know the Michigan AD was talking about them- and I can assure you Michigan turned them in

and on and on

TrapGame
02-10-2016, 12:33 PM
The talking point I'm seeing a lot of says "There is no second letter. This is it."

Of course this is from the same people that called C34 a liar and that there was not an investigation.

TXDawg
02-10-2016, 12:33 PM
Come on mane. Nothing "conclusive" can be "seen" until the NCAA puts in down on paper. That is why it will be interesting to note if it is in the current NOA. It happened. It has not been noted in writing by the NCAA.

I know we know that Alabama sat Scarborough for a number of games. My question is, how do we know it was due to UNM and not something else?

Really Clark?
02-10-2016, 12:37 PM
I know we know that Alabama sat Scarborough for a number of games. My question is, how do we know it was due to UNM and not something else?

We know that publically it's been stated that he sat for recruiting violations while he was a HS senior and it was NOT dealing with Bama but another school. Saban has said that much to reporters. UNM is the only school that has been rumored to give him inducements to visit them. That is what is rumored by Bama insiders before or at the same time as we got wind of it.

ETA. Bama, and several other bigger schools, are gunning for them. This is not just an instate rivalry deal.

TXDawg
02-10-2016, 12:39 PM
We know that publically it's been stated that he sat for recruiting violations while he was a HS senior and it was NOT dealing with Bama but another school. Saban has said that much to reporters. UNM is the only school that has been rumored to give him inducements to visit them. That is what is rumored by Bama insiders before or at the same time as we got wind of it.

That's what I was looking for. I had not heard (or didn't recall) that public statement. Thanks!

BossDawg
02-10-2016, 12:40 PM

That's the take UMiss people would want you to believe. This investigation is "ongoing" as in "burner phones and ACT scores" ongoing. Not "we're just waiting on UMiss" ongoing.

2006Dawg
02-10-2016, 01:58 PM
The pretty sound logic I've read is that Women's BkB and the Track team have been hanging for 3 years now, and this first letter is to get those out of the way so that they can get on with their business.

Ole Miss continued their shenanigans with the NCAA on campus so surely there are additional issues they turned up during the original process.

I guess the only question I have about that is, why include football in this NOA at all then? They could easily have just sent them one concluding the basketball and track matters, and just kept piling on to the football allegations. I guess we will find out soon enough what's what when the full account of this current letter gets released.

sandwolf
02-10-2016, 02:07 PM
We also know the burner phone for a recruit was from them

Assuming that this is true, how serious of an allegation would that be? That seems like one of those things that the NCAA would really hammer you for (similar to lying to them) and something that would be really bad news for any coach that contacted the recruit on that phone.

And how confident are you in this info? I just find it pretty hard to believe that the coaching staff would pass out burner phones to recruits....

yjnkdawg
02-10-2016, 02:43 PM

Saban said that his suspension was due to "amateurism" which would mean paid or given some type of benefit. Alabama was not investigated in this matter. The two schools that were trying to get him to flip from Bama the hardest were OM and FL. OM thought they had flipped him after his visit. Scarbrough made a statement in an interview that they can believe what they want to.

Bothrops
02-10-2016, 02:56 PM

Hmm...when you think about it for a minute, it does seem a little interesting. There could be something to that.

Coach34
02-10-2016, 03:06 PM
Assuming that this is true, how serious of an allegation would that be? That seems like one of those things that the NCAA would really hammer you for (similar to lying to them) and something that would be really bad news for any coach that contacted the recruit on that phone.

And how confident are you in this info? I just find it pretty hard to believe that the coaching staff would pass out burner phones to recruits....

I had someone from Sville tell me about AJ's burner phone and his teacher taking it up in class. Then the story about another recruit giving the NCAA his burner. Two different sources talking burners- so pretty confident

StatesboroBlues
02-10-2016, 03:23 PM
That's what I was looking for. I had not heard (or didn't recall) that public statement. Thanks!

Also, it was never made public as to the reason Bo was sitting...that is until Saban said the before mentioned about it being due to another school. When was this said...the week of the UM game. Take it for what it is worth...hoping something maybe nothing.

Someone can correct me but I believe UM was his only other visit?

Ralph
02-10-2016, 03:33 PM
I think today we will get the details of the NOA. Look for Chris Jones and/or Bo Scarborough. Those are the two keys to a 2nd letter. If they aren't mentioned, it's almost a guarantee that they'll get one.

Hopefully there will be enough context clues as I'm sure the names will be redacted