PDA

View Full Version : How long can Bjork go witout releasing the NOA?

fishwater99
02-10-2016, 11:02 AM
Do they just think they can hide it forever?

Ralph
02-10-2016, 11:07 AM
Isn't it supposed to be released today?

jumbo
02-10-2016, 11:11 AM

they have 90 days to respond to the NCAA but were legally obligated to turn it over to Steve on Friday however they mutually agreed to push that to today. It's no coincidence that you saw the stories leak out last night. No way were they going to give Steve the chance to "break" the news.

DancingRabbit
02-10-2016, 11:18 AM
They'll release it this week, but this is what it will look like:
https://horseradish.s3.amazonaws.com/CACHE/images/photos/46/f7/1be4e75d453c/foia-poetry-800.jpg

MadDawg
02-10-2016, 11:20 AM
they have 90 days to respond to the NCAA but were legally obligated to turn it over to Steve on Friday however they mutually agreed to push that to today. It's no coincidence that you saw the stories leak out last night. No way were they going to give Steve the chance to "break" the news.

Exactly. Last night's "leak" was all about taking the wind out of Robertson's sail. Reality is we don't really care who spills the beans, we just want it out there.

But something tells me they still aren't being completely honest. There will be a couple more issues to come out when the actual letter is revealed that they have lied about also.

jumbo
02-10-2016, 11:23 AM
But something tells me they still aren't being completely honest. There will be a couple more issues to come out when the actual letter is revealed that they have lied about also.

Of course they aren't. They have been 100% wrong every step of the way. What investigation? Oh yeah, there's an investigations on track and women's bball. Oh yeah, the football investigation is minor and on the previous staff. Oh yeah those allegations on Freeze's staff are about the Tunsil deal and we self reported them so it's all good.

Homedawg
02-10-2016, 11:28 AM
They are going to say outside council has it and the investigation is going on. That's my guess on what's going to happen... Nothing new w that strategy.

Johnson85
02-10-2016, 11:29 AM

A long, long time.

Not sure they'll care to conceal it for that long, but our sunshine laws don't have a lot of teeth. They could easily stall and avoid making any meaningful info public until after the investigation is completed and sanctions announced.

Really Clark?
02-10-2016, 11:33 AM
A long, long time.

Not sure they'll care to conceal it for that long, but our sunshine laws don't have a lot of teeth. They could easily stall and avoid making any meaningful info public until after the investigation is completed and sanctions announced.

They have to make their response public. They cannot hide that and it will included each violation. That would be months before the COI announced their final sanctions.

spbdawg
02-10-2016, 11:37 AM
#

mechdog
02-10-2016, 11:55 AM
Steve said today on the Boneyard that he received word from OM legal counsel that his request would be granted today.

Johnson85
02-10-2016, 12:13 PM
They have to make their response public. They cannot hide that and it will included each violation. That would be months before the COI announced their final sanctions.
I didn't realize the NCAA makes the responses public. If the NCAA makes it public, then they obviously can't stop that and once it's public they can't really avoid the public records at requests.

BrunswickDawg
02-10-2016, 12:25 PM
Steve said today on the Boneyard that he received word from OM legal counsel that his request would be granted today.
Bet he gets it at 4:59 pm

fishwater99
02-10-2016, 12:45 PM

That means they will let Steve know he will get it, but I doubt he actually receives it today.

yjnkdawg
02-10-2016, 04:38 PM
That means they will let Steve know he will get it, but I doubt he actually receives it today.

It could be scanned and emailed to him, but that would depend on what type format he requested.

spbdawg
02-10-2016, 04:50 PM
#

fishwater99
02-10-2016, 06:05 PM
He's entitled to receipt of records within 14 business days. Period.

It's after 5PM.. Still no release..

Really Clark?
02-10-2016, 06:11 PM

Like most thought, he got the e-mail right before 5 and is reviewing now

Willn1
02-10-2016, 06:14 PM

STAY TUNED!

fishwater99
02-11-2016, 10:01 AM
They are going to say outside council has it and the investigation is going on. That's my guess on what's going to happen... Nothing new w that strategy.

You were right on with this..

So when will we see it, if ever? Do they have to release it at all?

engie
02-11-2016, 10:06 AM
They have to issue an official, public response. That's when "we will see it". And that has to be done 90 days after the NCAA's final addendum...

Really Clark?
02-11-2016, 10:07 AM
You were right on with this..

So when will we see it, if ever? Do they have to release it at all?

They will release it with their response. But the response will be as good because it will have to go through each violation as well. Also, if we choose to believe Bjork, he has stated publically they will release it with their response.

Mjoelner34
02-11-2016, 10:07 AM
They have to issue an official, public response. That's when "we will see it". And that has to be done 90 days after the NCAA's final addendum...

Very key word. Right?

engie
02-11-2016, 10:12 AM
Very key word. Right?

That's right.

At this point, I fully expect this to drag into next football season prior to a resolution. And it could easily go longer. It's basically a 5-7 month process from the time the final version of the NOA is completed.

Political Hack
02-11-2016, 10:16 AM
Yep. It takes forever. Also, there's no telling if there's more investigative work to do. Remember Bjork said a year or more ago that the investigation was over, and we know that was a lie. It could very well still be ongoing. We know for a fact kids were being interviewed just a week or two ago.

fishwater99
02-11-2016, 10:31 AM
Yep.

Saban found out Shyheim Carter accepted money from Ole Miss during his recruiting at Ole Miss.
He paid the money back and Saban called the NCAA. The NCAA recently interviewed Shyheim Carter.

Political Hack
02-11-2016, 10:41 AM
Yep.

Saban found out Shyheim Carter accepted money from Ole Miss during his recruiting at Ole Miss.
He paid the money back and Saban called the NCAA. The NCAA recently interviewed Shyheim Carter.

I've been hesitant to spell it out like this because just like Tunsil's pappy, they could get a case of that green amnesia and forget if pressure is applied in the form of a briefcase full of Benjamin's. However, this kid reportedly already turned money away, so I'm not sure it'll work with him. Ole Hotty Toddy's gonna have to find another method because that one trick pony won't play this go around.

They keeps saying it's over. I honestly think many of them may believe that.

Eric Nies Grind Time
02-11-2016, 10:47 AM
I have no inside information but if I were an Ole Miss fan the worrying aspect would be this: If the infractions are minor why are they dragging it out so much? This can be used against them during recruiting the entire time that it hangs in the air.

starkvegasdawg
02-11-2016, 10:53 AM
I have no inside information but if I were an Ole Miss fan the worrying aspect would be this: If the infractions are minor why are they dragging it out so much? This can be used against them during recruiting the entire time that it hangs in the air.

This will be used to ease any worry the recruits may have.

http://cdnstatic.visualizeus.com/thumbs/4c/fc/hdwallpaper,hotblonde-4cfce98ce1f08dd9f7925ba007c0c422_h.jpg

Eric Nies Grind Time
02-11-2016, 10:54 AM
Well...shit...that would have worked on me.