PDA

View Full Version : New Violations

Coach007
02-10-2016, 09:57 AM
Let me see if I got this right. Ole Miss is under investigation in 2012.__while under investigation, they break the rules with the 2012 and 2013 class. They then slow it down, and before they get the NOA, they start it back up a d the NCAA has new evidence of this class????

MaxedOutMaroon
02-10-2016, 10:48 AM
I thought the same thing!

Coach007
02-10-2016, 11:05 AM
They truly believe they are not touchable in any meaningful way.

TrapGame
02-10-2016, 11:09 AM
Let me see if I got this right. Ole Miss is under investigation in 2012.__while under investigation, they break the rules with the 2012 and 2013 class. They then slow it down, and before they get the NOA, they start it back up a d the NCAA has new evidence of this class????

If that's the way it truly played out then they're royally screwed!

TXDawg
02-10-2016, 12:41 PM
This is what I'm interested to see. They received the NOA sometime in mid-January. Yet, they continued their shennanigans with the 2016 signing class while they knew they were being looked at. Certainly the hammer will have to drop if the NCAA has info on that.

AlSwearengen
02-10-2016, 12:42 PM
they know what they are doing, to a certain extent. While they had Tunsil, there was no reason to go out and buy the top rated OT the following year. They waited until Tunsil is leaving and the beauty of that is they can spin it as "The starting LT is leaving and going first round, so obviously, the top rated OT wants to follow in his footsteps and step right into a starting position".

They are good at creating a narrative that makes sense, but they go too far with it. Maybe sign the third rated OT, second rated WR, and third rated DL. Instead, they signed the top rated at all three positions. And to make matter worse, they were coming off of 2-10, 2-10, and 6-6.

They are banking that the reward will outweigh the penalty. That remains to be seen.