PDA

View Full Version : One thing I'm noticing with the BearSharks right now

Coach34
02-10-2016, 09:23 AM
They are trumpeting the "9 schollys over 3 years" narrative to anybody that will listen.

This is what they need to understand- that is what OM is trying to self-impose and they are hopeful the NCAA accepts that. But here's the problem- There's no guarantee whatsoever the NCAA will accept that.

The NCAA didnt accept the 4 game suspension on Tunsil OM offered up- they made it 7.
The NCAA didnt accept the 1 yr suspension we offered for Redmond- they added 5 more games.

The 9 over 3 is the OM offer to the NCAA- I'll be shocked if they accept that.

chef dixon
02-10-2016, 09:25 AM
I think they need a post season ban to really feel like they've taken a hit

PassInterference
02-10-2016, 09:26 AM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/mmhm.gif

TrapGame
02-10-2016, 09:31 AM
9 over 3 is peanuts for the level of infractions they have. I'm sure the NCAA is laughing at that. That's like saying I robbed the bank but I want house arrest for 3 years.

GreenheadDawg
02-10-2016, 09:31 AM
13 violations and at least some being level I and they think they will only get 9 schollys? I just don't see how that's possible

CadaverDawg
02-10-2016, 09:34 AM
if they only get scholly hits, they will laugh and keep doing what they've been doing. This year's class should be banned from postseason play for at least 3-4 years in order for it to actually hurt them IMO. If you allow that class to play in bowls, you haven't sent a message at all. Bc they have enough talent now to breeze through 3-4 years without missing a beat in terms of wins & losses. Interrupt that, make them feel like what they did set them back, or else you fail. That's my message to the NCAA

Boodawg
02-10-2016, 09:34 AM
For my information, what level was Redmond's? I hope less than level 1.

ShotgunDawg
02-10-2016, 09:37 AM
if they only get scholly hits, they will laugh and keep doing what they've been doing. This year's class should be banned from postseason play for at least 3-4 years in order for it to actually hurt them IMO. If you allow that class to play in bowls, you haven't sent a message at all. Bc they have enough talent now to breeze through 3-4 years without missing a beat in terms of wins & losses. Interrupt that, make them feel like what they did set them back, or else you fail. That's my message to the NCAA

Agree completely

Rosebowl comes on OOB at 8:45. We can find out what's going on then.

Hopefully, Bo asks him directly about a 2nd letter

Really Clark?
02-10-2016, 09:44 AM
For my information, what level was Redmond's? I hope less than level 1.

Redmond was under old guidlines which basically was major or secondary violations. That case had 2 major and one minor. But under the new levels, level 1 and 2 are the same as major violations.

HSVDawg
02-10-2016, 09:48 AM
9 over 3 is peanuts for the level of infractions they have. I'm sure the NCAA is laughing at that. That's like saying I robbed the bank but I want house arrest for 3 years.

9 scholarships over 3 years is peanuts for any level of infractions. By the time fall camp rolls around, we ourselves will have lost around 10 scholarships over the last 2 years just due to attrition and not filling all our spots in the 2016 class. Nothing even NCAA related. If they get anything less than 5 scholarships per year over 3 or 4 years plus at least a one year postseason ban, then all the cheating they have done would have been worth it and then some.

rbdog82
02-10-2016, 09:50 AM
Bounds keeps saying that the most important goal for UNM is to protect Freeze due to his coaching and recruiting abilities. Doesn't he understand that the NOA is a byproduct of his "recruiting abilities"? He's selling snake oil to recruits. He wouldn't have anywhere near the success he's had if he didn't pay insert long list of 4* and 5* players to come to UNM. He might be a good coach, but the delusion behind their fan base that he is who he says he is (insert Dennis Green) is comical.

ShotgunDawg
02-10-2016, 09:50 AM
Rosebowl says with 100% accuracy that the investigation is "on going" but instead of a 2nd letter, there will be addendums added to the current allegations.

You have to already be under sanctions for the "repeat violator" criteria to come into play.

Liverpooldawg
02-10-2016, 09:52 AM

Just get them on probation and into the repeat offender watch list for a few years. Anything the NCAA is likely to do to them this go round won't slow them up, we all know that. When they get caught again, and with the way they operate now they will, then the boom gets lowered. Remember, it was the second go round that nailed SMU to the wall, not the first.

Mjoelner34
02-10-2016, 09:54 AM
They are trumpeting the "9 schollys over 3 years" narrative to anybody that will listen.

This is what they need to understand- that is what OM is trying to self-impose and they are hopeful the NCAA accepts that. But here's the problem- There's no guarantee whatsoever the NCAA will accept that.

The NCAA didnt accept the 4 game suspension on Tunsil OM offered up- they made it 7.
The NCAA didnt accept the 1 yr suspension we offered for Redmond- they added 5 more games.

So they think they'll get less than ULL even though the investigation that got ULL in trouble started with them? And, ULL didn't have 28 violations covering 3 sports either.

Martianlander
02-10-2016, 10:58 AM
Agree-they have to be made to feel it and their recruits to notice. Postseason is the best way to do that.

Beaver
02-10-2016, 11:01 AM
Rosebowl says with 100% accuracy that the investigation is "on going" but instead of a 2nd letter, there will be addendums added to the current allegations.

You have to already be under sanctions for the "repeat violator" criteria to come into play.

Just to be clear.. Is Rosebowl saying for certainty there will not be a second letter?

QuadrupleOption
02-10-2016, 11:09 AM
13 violations and at least some being level I and they think they will only get 9 schollys? I just don't see how that's possible

It depends on whether the football violations have any level 1 status attached to them. We won't know until they leak it or actually release the NOA. I do seem to recall that of the four levels the NCAA now uses, NONE of them fall to level 4, which is incidental violations.

And there's no way in Hell the Tunsil items are less then a level 2. But I guess we'll see when we actually get to read the entire notice.

jumbo
02-10-2016, 11:15 AM

It still baffles me how they went from not knowing anything about an investigation to experts on every detail on each charge and what the penalties will be

Coach34
02-10-2016, 11:22 AM
It still baffles me how they went from not knowing anything about an investigation to experts on every detail on each charge and what the penalties will be

yep. They are Nazi-like with their propaganda

Really Clark?
02-10-2016, 11:30 AM
It depends on whether the football violations have any level 1 status attached to them. We won't know until they leak it or actually release the NOA. I do seem to recall that of the four levels the NCAA now uses, NONE of them fall to level 4, which is incidental violations.

And there's no way in Hell the Tunsil items are less then a level 2. But I guess we'll see when we actually get to read the entire notice.

Level 4 will never be mentioned in any NOA. They are the only true minor and inconsequential infractions. Only Level 1, 2, or 3 are ever mentioned in a NOA. Levels 1 & 2 are both major infractions and both have postseason ban, probation, scholarship reductions, etc as part of their penalties. Level 3 can get to Level 2 or even 1 with enough of them.

MedDawg
02-10-2016, 11:48 AM

maroonmania
02-10-2016, 11:58 AM
Well what I know is that there is a LOT at stake with what the NCAA does with UNM relative to how other schools view the NCAA. If you can run wide open in recruiting as they have been doing with little to no consequence after going through a multi-year investigation then its a green light to other schools to start doing the same. They already were able to weather the KNOWN fact that they were under NCAA investigation AND had received a NOA IN HAND with essentially NO ill effects on their recruiting class on signing day. If the NCAA gives them only a small slap on the wrist, tell me what deterrent is there for not only the Bears but ALL other Power 5 schools to actually abide by recruiting rules??? I say there absolutely won't be any.

sandwolf
02-10-2016, 01:30 PM
Just to be clear.. Is Rosebowl saying for certainty there will not be a second letter?

I'm not sure what you mean when you say letter, but Steve is saying that more allegations are coming. I would think that they would receive these in the form of a letter, but Steve is saying that it will be an addendum to the Notice of Allegations that they already have in hand, as opposed to a whole new NOA. Bottom line is that he says more allegations are on the way.

Sacrifice
02-10-2016, 01:53 PM
Somebody posted this last night, I can't remember who it was but part of the L1 violation structure was this.."(i) Collective Level II and/or Level III violations." Now I don't know how many that would be to result in another L1 violation but OM has got to be pretty close to this.

MedDawg
02-10-2016, 05:11 PM

Drugs Delaney
02-10-2016, 05:57 PM
Just get them on probation and into the repeat offender watch list for a few years. Anything the NCAA is likely to do to them this go round won't slow them up, we all know that. When they get caught again, and with the way they operate now they will, then the boom gets lowered. Remember, it was the second go round that nailed SMU to the wall, not the first.

That did not slow them down to much in '94.

archdog
02-10-2016, 09:15 PM
I think they need a post season ban to really feel like they've taken a hit

Just one year? No way. Their impact needs to comparable to the number of years the infractions took place. Cheat for let's see 2002_2016, you get a 14 year post season ban. Maybe a minimum of a 4 year TV ban to make sure every recruit you have signed doesn't get the TV exposure. If it was one top knotch recruit, sure 1 year would suffice. That 1 year plus the player in question would need to either A. Lose at least 1.75 years of eligibility and no game they play in after could be televised.

Also during that time, the school in question could not receive money from TV contracts nor apparel contracts.

That would either end the blatent cheating it end the enforcement of it. Either way it would be a more even playing field.