View Full Version : Holman

msstate7
02-10-2016, 08:18 AM
I'm getting excited about this kid.

18 mins 5 pts 6 rebs 4 assists 2 blks

This kid has triple double ability.

engie
02-10-2016, 08:26 AM
He makes a huge defensive difference compared to anything else we have down low when in the game, that's for sure. And his offensive game is getting better and better every time out.

Bucky Dog
02-10-2016, 08:31 AM
He looked like he rolled his ankle pretty badly towards the end and was limping. Anybody heard an update?

messageboardsuperhero
02-10-2016, 08:34 AM
But Dawg61 says that he's terrible!! It couldn't possibly be the case of a young player finally getting healthy and comfortable in this freshman season.

Turns out that actually a having a good knee and being able to practice/get some game experience helps a freshman. Who knew?

TXDawg
02-10-2016, 08:43 AM
His no-look pass to Ready was unreal for a big man.

That said, there are times he needs to settle down and be smarter with the basketball. I'm sure that will come with time and experience though.

Great game for him tonight. He and Q will both be great players for us as their careers continue.

MSUMatt
02-10-2016, 08:47 AM
He gets better every time he steps on the floor.

engie
02-10-2016, 08:49 AM
Holman is going to be a monster in year 2 -- when he's had a full year of weight training and nutrition.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-10-2016, 09:08 AM
When Holman comes back next year at 225-230lbs he's going to have the offense running through him a lot. His passing & basketball IQ are off the charts for a kid that size. Again the kid was supposed to be in Prep School but instead he's getting his feet wet in SEC basketball.

chef dixon
02-10-2016, 09:08 AM
He's an old school Big East type talent. Size, defense, rebounding, ball skills. Not many in the SEC.

klong-dog
02-10-2016, 09:12 AM
I was glad to see coach give him some love after the game. He mentioned about everyone, but specifically spent most talking about AH.

Schultzy
02-10-2016, 09:15 AM
When you make the strides he has as a true freshman it's hard not to see a big future for him. He reminds me of Rickey Brown for those of you old enough.

louisvilledawg
02-10-2016, 09:21 AM
You know what great biproduct we got out of Aric Holman playing well???

Johnny Zuppardo kept his talentless self on the bench.

Political Hack
02-10-2016, 09:44 AM
You know what great biproduct we got out of Aric Holman playing well???

Johnny Zuppardo kept his talentless self on the bench.

You're kidding I hope. Zupp was one of our only legit options early on. He can't help it he's not 6'10" but still have to play underneath in the SEC. Him being the best option for us at times despite his size is pretty telling about his talent level. He's being asked to do things he shouldn't have to do.

I also think we're under using him on offense. He can score with either hand within 8 feet of the basket. There's no reason we shouldn't have a play to two drawn up just for him to get the ball with his defender on his back. When we get a match up we can exploit, we should abuse it.

chef dixon
02-10-2016, 09:47 AM
You're kidding I hope. Zupp was one of our only legit options early on. He can't help it he's not 6'10" but still have to play underneath in the SEC. Him being the best option for us at times despite his size is pretty telling about his talent level. He's being asked to do things he shouldn't have to do.

I also think we're under using him on offense. He can score with either hand within 8 feet of the basket. There's no reason we shouldn't have a play to two drawn up just for him to get the ball with his defender on his back. When we get a match up we can exploit, we should abuse it.

No

fishwater99
02-10-2016, 09:52 AM
His no-look pass to Ready was unreal for a big man.

That said, there are times he needs to settle down and be smarter with the basketball. I'm sure that will come with time and experience though.

Great game for him tonight. He and Q will both be great players for us as their careers continue.

He also made two horrible passes that became turnovers, his upside is huge and he seems to be getting better every game.

msstate7
02-10-2016, 09:56 AM
He also made two horrible passes that became turnovers, his upside is huge and he seems to be getting better every game.

4 assists 2 to's

I'll take a 2:1 assists to to's ratio for a 6'10" freshman

DawgInMemphis
02-10-2016, 10:24 AM
When he figures out where he's supposed to be on the floor, he's going to be much more consistent. He's still out of position a good bit. Young man has a very high upside, I'm excited to watch him develop.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-10-2016, 10:28 AM
I'm just glad he's getting to play more of his natural position. Playing him at the 4 with Gavin at the 5 allows him not to have bang as much on the block which isn't his strong suit.

Dawg61
02-10-2016, 02:06 PM
But Dawg61 says that he's terrible!! It couldn't possibly be the case of a young player finally getting healthy and comfortable in this freshman season.

Turns out that actually a having a good knee and being able to practice/get some game experience helps a freshman. Who knew?

I was wrong about Holman. I'm glad to eat my crow. He had three beautiful passes last night. He is a phenomenal passer for a 6'10 bean pole. He showed a very nice up and under move and was a difference maker with blocks. Not sure why he's wearing low tops though. Newman had them on two games ago too. Holman rolled the 17 outta his ankle cause he's wearing running shoes not basketball shoes. I now see why he's a top 100 player.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-10-2016, 02:12 PM
I was wrong about Holman. I'm glad to eat my crow. He had three beautiful passes last night. He is a phenomenal passer for a 6'10 bean pole. He showed a very nice up and under move and was a difference maker with blocks. Not sure why he's wearing low tops though. Newman had them on two games ago too. Holman rolled the 17 outta his ankle cause he's wearing running shoes not basketball shoes. I now see why he's a top 100 player.

He's wearing James Harden's signature shoe. Most stars shoes are low tops now. Harden, Kobe, Durant, Kyrie, etc. I hate low top basketball shoes but they seem to be here to stay.

Dawg61
02-10-2016, 02:21 PM
He's wearing James Harden's signature shoe. Most stars shoes are low tops now. Harden, Kobe, Durant, Kyrie, etc. I hate low top basketball shoes but they seem to be here to stay.

Haha till you roll the 17 outta your ankle. I tried being cool on the court once. Then it took my ankle 2 months before the golfball swelling went away. I betcha Holman ain't wearing low tops next game.

fishwater99
02-10-2016, 02:42 PM
Haha till you roll the 17 outta your ankle. I tried being cool on the court once. Then it took my ankle 2 months before the golfball swelling went away. I betcha Holman ain't wearing low tops next game.

We shouldn't let them wear low tops...