PDA

View Full Version : Brand new ESPN article on the UM violations....

Liverpooldawg
02-09-2016, 10:49 PM
This is the most detailed thing have seen, it's only been out a few minutes. Of course you need to look at who contributed to it.
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/14749886/mississippi-football-program-cited-13-28-rules-violations-ncaa

chef dixon
02-09-2016, 10:52 PM
Amazing how every negative thing stated is immediately followed with a disclaimer.

Goldendawg
02-09-2016, 10:54 PM
So????? We're still getting our hopes up for nothing, heh?

msstate7
02-09-2016, 10:55 PM
So????? We're still getting our hopes up for nothing, heh?

The tunsil deal got him a 7 game suspension, so the NCAA isn't looking at that as no big deal. Still got act fraud too

Political Hack
02-09-2016, 11:11 PM
The tunsil deal got him a 7 game suspension, so the NCAA isn't looking at that as no big deal. Still got act fraud too

This article doesn't cite the academic fraud as a part of this NOA. That seems problematic for OM's claims that there won't be a 2nd NOA.

confucius say
02-09-2016, 11:23 PM
So of the 13, five for tunsil, four for Saunders, and four for other stuff. So, which of these are the level 1 violations? Got to be tunsil or Saunders.

confucius say
02-09-2016, 11:24 PM
This article doesn't cite the academic fraud as a part of this NOA. That seems problematic for OM's claims that there won't be a 2nd NOA.

Could the four Saunders allegations be the academic fraud?

Political Hack
02-09-2016, 11:29 PM
Could the four Saunders allegations be the academic fraud?

Yeah. I missed that.

messageboardsuperhero
02-09-2016, 11:46 PM
To me, if there is nothing on Chris Jones or Bo Scarborough in this NOA- it all but confirms a second on. We know that 9 of the 13 involve Tunsil and Saunders. I figure CJ Hampton's stuff will be in this one too. Was there not a DL named Delvin Jones who was supposed to be mentioned in this NOA as well?

Given that we KNOW that Scarborough will be included in UM accusations and Chris Jones will likely also be mentioned at some point, simple arithmetic and process of elimination indicate that there almost has to be a second NOA... And that's just based on what is known and public. Who knows what else they've found or will continue to find (cough, cough burner phone).

DancingRabbit
02-10-2016, 12:09 AM
ESPN's SEC crew still toting water for the Rebels.

Op4isabitch
02-10-2016, 12:27 AM
And now we know why they talked Steve into waiting until Wednesday to give him that FOI requested information.

Spiderman
02-10-2016, 02:20 AM
This is the most detailed thing have seen, it's only been out a few minutes. Of course you need to look at who contributed to it.
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/14749886/mississippi-football-program-cited-13-28-rules-violations-ncaa

Low's "sources" is really only one source.

Hugh Freeze.

I figure that's why he knows all the allegations. Ole Hugh's gonna skate on this one, looks like.

jimbo352
02-10-2016, 06:32 AM
So of the 13, five for tunsil, four for Saunders, and four for other stuff. So, which of these are the level 1 violations? Got to be tunsil or Saunders.

The Saunders academic fraud stuff is what we need to hope gets shoved up their asses. Hopefully 10+ schollies.

I doubt they get shit for the tunsil stuff(on this letter) because they sat him and self imposed some restrictions...

Howboutdemdogs
02-10-2016, 07:42 AM
Please note that early in the article that it states that Freeze is not personally named and accused in the letter. However, current title staff members are named. Sounds like to me that the bus is being cranked, so it can run over other people for Freeze.

engie
02-10-2016, 07:49 AM
No failure to monitor = no lack of institutional control. Failure to monitor is the more mild of those two charges... It does state that the investigation is ongoing however.

chainedup_Dawg
02-10-2016, 09:10 AM
Please note that early in the article that it states that Freeze is not personally named and accused in the letter. However, current title staff members are named. Sounds like to me that the bus is being cranked, so it can run over other people for Freeze.

I noticed that as well. However, under the new structuring of the penalties aren't head coaches to be held responsible for the actions of their staff?

Schultzy
02-10-2016, 09:37 AM
I noticed that as well. However, under the new structuring of the penalties aren't head coaches to be held responsible for the actions of their staff?

Yep, they structured it this way to offset the creative ways schools are using to protect the HC everywhere. No HC has his fingerprints on anything anymore but it's obvious head coaches know damn well who the targets are and the bagmen need this direction from them.

Way too much money going around to waste it on players th HC isn't all in on.

chainedup_Dawg
02-10-2016, 09:45 AM
Yep, they structured it this way to offset the creative ways schools are using to protect the HC everywhere. No HC has his fingerprints on anything anymore but it's obvious head coaches know damn well who the targets are and the bagmen need this direction from them.

Way too much money going around to waste it on players th HC isn't all in on.

Thank you, that is what i thought.

So their fans are basically saying "oh, the assistants did it but Hugh is clean"...apparently they don't know about the restructuring of penalties or they are so self righteous they think nothing can touch them.

Political Hack
02-10-2016, 09:49 AM
No failure to monitor = no lack of institutional control. Failure to monitor is the more mild of those two charges... It does state that the investigation is ongoing however.

I don't see it that way, but you might be able to explain why it is that way. Just because the compliance department did not "fail to monitor" doesn't mean that an assistant coach and associate athletics director wasn't arranging to have kids ACT's taken for them, which would seemingly be a loss of institutional control. I've never heard that the two are somehow linked to each other, but if you've seen differently I'd be interested in knowing how.

Political Hack
02-10-2016, 09:50 AM
Thank you, that is what i thought.

So their fans are basically saying "oh, the assistants did it but Hugh is clean"...apparently they don't know about the restructuring of penalties or they are so self righteous they think nothing can touch them.

Correct. Doesn't matter two monkey turds if Freeze was named or not in the NOA. What matters is whether or not he's named in the sanctions.

engie
02-10-2016, 10:06 AM
I don't see it that way, but you might be able to explain why it is that way. Just because the compliance department did not "fail to monitor" doesn't mean that an assistant coach and associate athletics director wasn't arranging to have kids ACT's taken for them, which would seemingly be a loss of institutional control. I've never heard that the two are somehow linked to each other, but if you've seen differently I'd be interested in knowing how.

As far as I know, they are basically the same charge with different levels of egregiousness in the eyes of the NCAA. Failure to monitor is the milder of the two. Manslaughter on a potential murder charge, essentially. As far as I know, I've never seen a program be charged with both. It's always one or the other.

It's still possible if not likely that this "leak" is pointed and not exactly true. But at some point, the gig will be up, and the truth has to have it's moment. The NOA is due today to a bunch of people that filed(Steve just said on the radio that he knows there are 5 or 6 other people waiting on a copy). If they mention no "failure to monitor" charge is included -- which is far milder than LOIC -- it's pretty safe to assume LOIC isn't in it in it's current iteration either.

TXDawg
02-10-2016, 10:50 AM
If it's always been on or the other regarding "Failure to Monitor" vs "LOIC", wouldn't it stand to reason that there's a greater chance that LOIC is on the table since FTM isn't? The way they've been spinning this, I wouldn't be surprised at all if they released a statements saying "no mention of Failure to Monitor" when in actuality, LOIC is specifically mentioned.

Again, I have no inside knowledge. Just expressing my opinion that UNM leaking that FTM is not mentioned does not necessarily exclude LOIC.

KB21
02-10-2016, 11:40 AM
Don't doubt for a minute that Ole Miss won't throw Hugh Freeze under the bus if needed with this. The power brokers who are higher up than Freeze are as implicit in this as he is, if not moreso. They will sacrifice Freeze if it means they get lesser penalties in the long run, and they will continue doing the stuff that has gotten them in trouble. They will just try to find a way to conceal it better.

I'm completely convinced that they got NCAA immunity because of their help on the Jackie Sherrill witch hunt, but I think their immunity has run out this time.

ScoobaDawg
02-10-2016, 01:02 PM

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z282/scomikey/Freeze%20Bus_zps2c62f8a9.jpg

Political Hack
02-10-2016, 01:46 PM
Nice Scoob. They're all going to be "Wallacing" soon.

I have no hesitation, based on their continued lying, suggesting that they could be saying there's no failure to monitor while purposely avoiding a discussion of LOIC. Also, I believe my source that a 2nd NOA is still to come. From my perspective, that guy hasn't lied or been wrong yet, but Bjork, Freeze, McCready, the Clarion Liar, Aschoff, and a bunch of other people have.

Bully13
02-10-2016, 02:12 PM
Doesn't this article only refer to round 1 though? Haven't other credible sources all but confirmed round 2 will be coming too? Espn seems to be toting some confederate water here.

Political Hack
02-10-2016, 02:16 PM
Doesn't this article only refer to round 1 though? Haven't other credible sources all but confirmed round 2 will be coming too? Espn seems to be toting some confederate water here.

Yes. The only people that have been accurate about "it's coming" over the long haul have been told that a 2nd NOA with serious allegations is still in the works and could arrive as soon as late March or April.