PDA

View Full Version : Wow! NCAA questions Chris Jones about OM recruiting!

NorCalDawg
08-11-2013, 09:35 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/jeremy-fowler/23107822/source-ncaa-questions-mississippi-state-de-chris-jones-on-ole-miss-recruitment

To save you the trouble, here is the story...

JEREMY FOWLER
College Football Insider

NCAA questions Mississippi State's Chris Jones on Ole Miss recruitment
August 11, 2013 10:26 pm ET

The NCAA has interviewed Mississippi State freshman Chris Jones concerning Ole Miss' recruitment of the five-star defensive end, a source with direct knowledge of the process told CBSSports.com.
The specific nature of the interview is unknown. Ole Miss and Mississippi State are the only campuses Jones visited during the recruiting process, according to several national recruiting sites.
Mississippi State directed Jones to Starkville-based attorney John F. Perry for consultation on the matter. CBSSports.com left phone messages for Perry on Sunday. The NCAA recently requested to speak with Jones through Mississippi State, but MSU did not participate in the interview, according to the source.
Ole Miss declined to comment Sunday.
NCAA spokesperson Stacey Osburn said in an email, “based on member-created rules designed to protect the integrity of the process, we cannot comment on current, pending or potential cases.”
Mississippi State expects Jones' eligibility to remain intact as long as it is determined he cooperated with the NCAA. Bylaw 10.1, which outlines what the NCAA considers unethical conduct by prospective or enrolled student-athletes, includes “refusal to furnish information relevant to an investigation of a possible violation of an NCAA regulation when requested to do so by the NCAA or the individual's institution.”
CBSSports.com has left a message for a Mississippi State spokesman.
Jones, a 6-foot-5 All American out of Houston, Miss., took an official visit to Ole Miss on Jan. 25 and a pair of unofficial visits Feb. 1 and 3, according to 247Sports.com.
Leading up to National Signing Day on Feb. 6, Jones told ESPN.com he received threats from overzealous Mississippi State and Ole Miss fans.
"I received death threats, insane messages, you name it,” Jones told ESPN.com. “I mean it has not been as stressful as people would think it has been. I have tried to handle it in the most comfortable way possible, so it has really been alright for me, and in the end, I am very blessed to have this opportunity to play for either in-state school.”
Florida, Auburn and Alabama also were involved in Jones' recruitment, according to reports.
Jones' mother, Mary Woodhouse, said she did not know about an NCAA interview and she never noticed anything suspicious regarding Ole Miss' recruitment of Jones.
She called the family's visit to Oxford “very nice. They were nice to us,” and discussed Ole Miss' commitment to academics.
Ole Miss produced what was widely considered a top-10 national recruiting class, led by defensive lineman Robert Nkemdiche, wide receiver Laquon Treadwell and offensive lineman Laremy Tunsil.

Will James
08-11-2013, 09:39 PM
Mullen's plan all along?

RC3
08-11-2013, 09:40 PM
Someone, somewhere is certainly turning up some shit. Sounds like the ncaa has been around for a while now. My prediction of the rebel spin: msu is really being investigated, not them and it will be msu going on probation

K9 Avenger
08-11-2013, 09:42 PM
The beginning of the end for Bucky the Pimp.

bulldawg28
08-11-2013, 09:44 PM
Chris Jones recruitment will do them end. I could tell you some things about this.

CadaverDawg
08-11-2013, 09:44 PM
This could get real REAL interesting. I wouldn't be a bit surprised to find out that OM knew they were going to get in trouble for different recruiting violations due to these recent investigations, so they admit to giving something to Chris or his family to try and at least make him ineligible if they are going to go down.

Hopefully I'm wrong, but this smells funny to me

engie
08-11-2013, 09:45 PM
Fires are a burning all around that little 'crootin class...

And didn't The Croom Diaries say this was coming JUST a bit earlier today? This site doesn't do anything but make up bullshit about Ole Miss**

Coach 57
08-11-2013, 09:45 PM
Many months ago I said on SPS that "IT was coming". So I tell you again "IT" is right around the corner. Hope you enjoy.

engie
08-11-2013, 09:46 PM
Chris Jones recruitment will do them end. I could tell you some things about this.

Listen to this guy...

Goat Holder
08-11-2013, 09:48 PM
That would be our luck. OUR guy is declared ineligible for something Ole Miss did.

EAVdog
08-11-2013, 09:48 PM
Dr Adams the then President at UGA was livid about the recruitment of Laremy Tunsil. He made public mention of it more than once. He retired from UGA and now works for the NCAA. He's bat shit crazy and ran UGA like his own personal fiefdom. I would not be a bit surprised if he's doesn't have a huge hard on for Hugh Freeze right now.

NorCalDawg
08-11-2013, 09:50 PM
I'm with you Cadaver, I don't trust those bastards.

notsofarawaydawg
08-11-2013, 09:50 PM
I bet you can't get in a church in Oxford right now. Hugh and his angels are praying that this will go away but when you make a deal with the debil himself it's gonna bite you in the ass sooner or later and sooner has arrived.

engie
08-11-2013, 09:52 PM
Many months ago I said on SPS that "IT was coming". So I tell you again "IT" is right around the corner. Hope you enjoy.

Everyone knows that you, and all of the rest of us that made similar statements, were just making stuff up** We're just pathetic MSU homers that, after all, were SO lucky to hold onto Jones**

swdawg
08-11-2013, 09:54 PM

swdawg likes this...

Coach 57
08-11-2013, 09:55 PM
Lol, yep.

swdawg
08-11-2013, 09:56 PM
I'll be monitoring the Rivals board for immediate reactions from the Rebel Bears...there is already a thread on there about it.

Edited to add: So far, "We ain't skeered one bit!!" is the overall reaction. With one notable exception:

Phupas

Post #43
MyFanPage
Add Buddy
Ignore
Re: Chris Jones questioned by NCAA Reply
crap
8/11 9:50 PM | IP: Logged

War Machine Dawg
08-11-2013, 09:58 PM
That would be our luck. OUR guy is declared ineligible for something Ole Miss did.

I fully expect Bracky to announce a self-imposed half-season suspension for Chris Jones.

Fire Bracky!

missouridawg
08-11-2013, 10:02 PM

Do tell.

NorCalDawg
08-11-2013, 10:02 PM
If I were a recruit I would stay as far away from Ole Miss as possible.

Well, I would stay away regardless.

swdawg
08-11-2013, 10:03 PM
Do tell.

^^^^^this^^^^^

Political Hack
08-11-2013, 10:03 PM
BOOM!

MitchD24
08-11-2013, 10:06 PM
BOOM!
There it is... What I've been looking for

Coach34
08-11-2013, 10:11 PM
You wont see anybody making any secret agent jokes now will you mf'ers?

When I said he was open with our staff- he was open with our staff on what OM was doing.

mic
08-11-2013, 10:11 PM
Im going to guess this thread sets an EliteDawgs record for number of posts and views..

WeWonItAll(Most)
08-11-2013, 10:13 PM
Question: Would you take Ole Miss getting in major trouble by the NCAA, but Chris Jones gets suspended for a season in the process?

swdawg
08-11-2013, 10:16 PM
Please don't go there...please? Not now...please?

Question: Would you take Ole Miss getting in major trouble by the NCAA, but Chris Jones gets suspended for a season in the process?

sorantable
I have always been under the impression that this was IT and it was only a matter of time before IT was gonna come.

Coach34

Yes

Bucky Dog
08-11-2013, 10:17 PM

When I said he was open with our staff- he was open with our staff on what OM was doing.

I remember Coach saying the whole time when Jones was going to Oxford that it was for intel. Said his commitment to us was 100% and for us to be calm and hang on! Good call Coach!

Coach34
08-11-2013, 10:17 PM
I have always been under the impression that this was IT and it was only a matter of time before IT was gonna come.

IT was- but as with anything NCAA- it takes time. I'm surprised they have gotten to it already to be honest

msstate7
08-11-2013, 10:18 PM

Define major trouble.

Coach34
08-11-2013, 10:18 PM
I remember Coach saying the whole time when Jones was going to Oxford that it was for intel. Said his commitment to us was 100% and for us to be calm and hang on! Good call Coach!

Thank you Sir

Bucky Dog
08-11-2013, 10:25 PM
Thank you Sir

They just out up your original post on this over on SPS. Word for word.

32 Dive
08-11-2013, 10:26 PM

To go with your paradox, keep Chris eligible. UM will go down for more than the icing on the cake, if it indeed happens.

Rebels going to Disney, will take the long way through Jacksonville & Daytona. Because, Lake City, FL is the true source of the misery that could become of them. Seeing that sign on I-75 may cause plantation-cardiac-failure...

HancockCountyDog
08-11-2013, 10:29 PM
I love it! From what I am hearing, this is just the beginning.

engie
08-11-2013, 10:30 PM

No -- everyone knows that shit was being made up.**

Even the ones that were telling it that were directly connected(read not an online "source") to our football program and would know...

FlabLoser
08-11-2013, 10:32 PM
That Florida stuff...I remember something about OM playing in a bowl game in Bama, visting croots in FL, then having the croots show up in the bowl game in AL. Now how could a croot afford that.

mparkerfd20
08-11-2013, 10:35 PM

AbsoFREAKINGlutely!! And twice on Sundays! By major I mean at least 2 year bowl ban, Bucky out, and loss of monstrous schollies over 4 plus years

sorantable
I love it! From what I am hearing, this is just the beginning.
http://elitedaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/john-lackey.gif

CadaverDawg
Not to be a downer or anything.....but can someone explain this to me. Do we know that by "interviewing" him, he actually gave them anything of substance? In other words, could we be building this up to be something that, unless the young men actually talk, could end up with them finding nothing?

Just trying to play devil's advocate amidst the enjoyment.

CadaverDawg
08-11-2013, 10:36 PM
http://elitedaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/john-lackey.gif

Sorantable, thanks for being a good sport. That was pretty funny

MSUDawg4Life
08-11-2013, 10:39 PM
"Mississippi State directed Jones to Starkville-based attorney John F. Perry for consultation on the matter. CBSSports.com left phone messages for Perry on Sunday. The NCAA recently requested to speak with Jones through Mississippi State, but MSU did not participate in the interview, according to the source."

Interesting.

I guess all of the attacks on Bracky have been worthwhile to an extent.

sorantable
08-11-2013, 10:39 PM
http://www.secrant.com/Images/Icons/Iconcheers.gif

EAVdog
08-11-2013, 10:42 PM
Not to be a downer or anything.....but can someone explain this to me. Do we know that by "interviewing" him, he actually gave them anything of substance? In other words, could we be building this up to be something that, unless the young men actually talk, could end up with them finding nothing?

I'd like to see him play. And we all know the Cam route works so he can just play dumb. However anyone working the back channels needs to be burning the lines up to the NCAA dishing as much dirt as possible on Freezus. What we do know is that the NCAA is setting their sites on OM. Jeremy Fowler and even KV admit there is a broader scope at work here. Chris Jones part is most likely done. Note we sent him with a

Coach34
08-11-2013, 10:44 PM
Sorantable, thanks for being a good sport. That was pretty funny

That's why Sorantable is still here

Vandownbytheriver
08-11-2013, 10:45 PM
I also want to point out John was the only recruiting guy who never wavered on Jones being a Dawg. Not once. Just a little FYI and shit.

BossDawg
08-11-2013, 10:47 PM
What's funny is over on Tigerdroppings the OM guys are talking more about this board than anything.

Coach34
08-11-2013, 10:48 PM
I also want to point out John was the only recruiting guy who never wavered on Jones being a Dawg. Not once. Just a little FYI and shit.

This is also true from what I understand

Coach34
08-11-2013, 10:49 PM
What's funny is over on Tigerdroppings the OM guys are talking more about this board than anything.

because they cant come spin, spin, spin

Todd4State
08-11-2013, 10:53 PM
Man, this has been a rough weekend for Ole Miss.

First CJ rumors.

Second, Kalio rumors.

And now....Chris Jones is interviewing with the NCAA about Ole Miss recruiting.

I'm not surprised at all that Ole Miss is being investigated. I am surprised that it is happening this quickly. At this rate, they may get slammed by the Auburn game.

EAVdog
08-11-2013, 10:54 PM
http://www.ajc.com/weblogs/college-recruiting/2013/feb/21/how-ole-miss-turned-recruiting-world-upside-down/

Curious that the first comment claims Tunsil's girlfriend got an academic scholly at Ole Miss. I'm sure that's on the up and up. Another post a few down claims his Girlfriend and Bro both got scholly's. I'm sure that's all BS or above board and can all be easily proven untrue.

AlSwearengen
08-11-2013, 10:56 PM
someone mentioned to keep an eye out for the ncaa talking to elijah daniel. This could be interesting considering that we kept having good interaction with daniel and at one time thought we were his leader. Of course, that changed and he committed to olemiss. In the end, he signed with auburn after olemiss told him they weren't going to recruit Jones. If I remember correctly, he wasn't happy when it became obvious that they were going after Jones and he had something to say about it around the time he committed to auburn.

Todd4State
08-11-2013, 10:56 PM

Not yet. But let's be honest- we all know that Jones at the very least saw some stuff or heard other recruits talking about stuff being given out. Shoot- they were putting it on twitter.

32 Dive
08-11-2013, 11:03 PM

That is correct. He's straight up. ;)

Coach34
08-11-2013, 11:11 PM
someone mentioned to keep an eye out for the ncaa talking to elijah daniel. This could be interesting considering that we kept having good interaction with daniel and at one time thought we were his leader. Of course, that changed and he committed to olemiss. In the end, he signed with auburn after olemiss told him they weren't going to recruit Jones. If I remember correctly, he wasn't happy when it became obvious that they were going after Jones and he had something to say about it around the time he committed to auburn.

NCAA gonna talk to Daniel's Aunt Donna- that alone would get them 2 years

EnterpriseDawg
08-11-2013, 11:13 PM
I personally would like to see them get the death penalty and burn Oxfart to the ground. Is that asking too much?

swdawg
08-11-2013, 11:16 PM
I personally would like to see them get the death penalty and burn Oxfart to the ground. Is that asking too much?

That might be asking too much...but only by a little.

bulldawg28
08-11-2013, 11:16 PM
I won't get into it much but if Jones told the truth during the interview they're probation bound.

engie
08-11-2013, 11:24 PM

If "we" are behind this, they are in trouble over Jones regardless of what he actually tells them. Some of what we have, it's probably best he not "have knowledge" of...

engie
08-11-2013, 11:26 PM

Fact. He was the only one that staked anything at the end -- and was 100% correct...

AlSwearengen
08-11-2013, 11:27 PM
It's funny how the ncaa could give a shit about olemiss buying recruits out from under us. Once they buy georgia's main guy out from under them, now the ncaa is interested in what has happened to us at the hands of the rebels. They will blame all this mess on us, but in the end, they got too big for their britches and pissed off georgia (and possibly alabama). That is what got them.

msstate7
08-11-2013, 11:29 PM
It's funny how the ncaa could give a shit about olemiss buying recruits out from under us. Once they buy georgia's main guy out from under them, now the ncaa is interested in what has happened to us at the hands of the rebels. They will blame all this mess on us, but in the end, they got too big for their britches and pissed off georgia (and possibly alabama). That is what got them.

And Texas

Saltydog
08-11-2013, 11:32 PM
correctly they were trying to get to him thru his Father. The UM faithful are again trying to turn this shit on us saying they are investigating both. Good grief Charlie Brown. Glad we don't have to hear their whiney asses over here. I hope the mf'ers burn.

Todd4State
08-11-2013, 11:33 PM

Like I said- if they did it to just one school- like if they just bought Tony Conner out from under from untouchable Alabama- I doubt anything would happen. But when you have multiple schools from multiple conferences complaining- SOMETHING is going to happen. Let's see- Georgia, Florida State, Auburn, Alabama, LSU, and who knows who else I'm missing? The only person who doesn't seem pissed at them is Steve Spurrier and that's probably only because they didn't buy anyone out from under him, so why would he care?

Gen. Grant
08-11-2013, 11:34 PM
Fingers crossed gentlemen, fingers crossed. This does not seem to be the faith based recruiting we have all heard about... There are simply too many fires.

Todd4State
08-11-2013, 11:35 PM
correctly they were trying to get to him thru his Father. The UM faithful are again trying to turn this shit on us saying they are investigating both. Good grief Charlie Brown. Glad we don't have to hear their whiney asses over here. I hope the mf'ers burn.

She probably knows what happened, but after the circus she and her family went through in January and February, I doubt she wants to start another one.

Gen. Grant
08-11-2013, 11:36 PM
His mother seemed like a fine lady. I doubt that the reverend and company would have tried to bribe her. It all points to the father.

engie
08-11-2013, 11:37 PM

Correct. Elijah Daniel has just as much on them as Jones. Maybe more. Daniel can tie it directly to(at least 1) member of their coaching staff -- and despite him toying with us, the fix was in early on. It took them getting greedy and pursuing Jones, Herron, and Carl Lawson while lying to him to push him to Auburn at the last minute(and we all know you don't have a bidding war with Auburn).

engie
08-11-2013, 11:39 PM

Funny -- why does the article only mention Ole Miss?

Yes. Their in was thru his father...

Gen. Grant
08-11-2013, 11:41 PM
Correct. Elijah Daniel has just as much on them as Jones. Maybe more. Daniel can tie it directly to(at least 1) member of their coaching staff -- and despite him toying with us, the fix was in early on. It took them getting greedy and pursuing Jones, Herron, and Carl Lawson while lying to him to push him to Auburn at the last minute(and we all know you don't have a bidding war with Auburn).

Do we know that the NCAA is also actively pursuing the Daniel case? Or is it just safe to assume that they will in the near future. It would only seem logical to investigate the rest if they smell smoke.

AlSwearengen
08-11-2013, 11:57 PM
Like I said- if they did it to just one school- like if they just bought Tony Conner out from under from untouchable Alabama- I doubt anything would happen. But when you have multiple schools from multiple conferences complaining- SOMETHING is going to happen. Let's see- Georgia, Florida State, Auburn, Alabama, LSU, and who knows who else I'm missing? The only person who doesn't seem pissed at them is Steve Spurrier and that's probably only because they didn't buy anyone out from under him, so why would he care?

Let's not forget tennessee as well. They have had a burr in their asses over Davinner for quite some time now and we know that olemiss signed a few of davinner's memphis players. AND the touhys were one of davinner's big contributors.

Olemiss might get busted for everything from prostitution to racketeering. Hell, they may even be involved in voter fraud in hattiesburg.

bulldawg28
08-11-2013, 11:58 PM
Do we know that the NCAA is also actively pursuing the Daniel case? Or is it just safe to assume that they will in the near future. It would only seem logical to investigate the rest if they smell smoke.

They won't smell smoke They'll get burnt up if they don't get out quick enough.

RougeDawg
08-12-2013, 12:18 AM
Man, this has been a rough weekend for Ole Miss.

First CJ rumors.

Second, Kalio rumors.

And now....Chris Jones is interviewing with the NCAA about Ole Miss recruiting.

I'm not surprised at all that Ole Miss is being investigated. I am surprised that it is happening this quickly. At this rate, they may get slammed by the Auburn game.

And this last class just poked too many people.

This is the way I see it. MSU turns in OM for buying players previously. Provides names, amounts, items, etc.. NCAA looks at it like sour grapes and just a rival starting shit, and does not look into it.

Then 2013 happens. Recruits that weren't bought and went elsewhere and tell what OM boosters offered to get them to switch. School notifies NCAA of the things OM boosters offered as payment. The stories from multiple sources are very similar and corroborate what lil ole MSU has been saying. End result, NCAA gets off their asses because there are too many incidents that are identical. Add to the fact that OM had been lulled into a false sense of security buying recruits, because they have been getting away with it for years. They've been skating and avoiding infractions for a while. This complacency resulted in the sloppy construction of the most brazen and blatantly obvious bought recruiting class in NCAA history. Greed will get you every time.

Saltydog
08-12-2013, 12:28 AM
the process? Is he gonna say they offered him cash but he didn't take it? He damn sure can't say they offered and he took it. How much could they really turn up here w/o Jones indicting himself in the meantime?

WeWonItAll(Most)
08-12-2013, 12:31 AM
Define major trouble.
A few years bowl ban, major scholarship reductions for multiple years, possibly a firing of Freeze.

How bout this? Name the punishment you would accept in order for you to be able to swallow a one year Chris Jones suspincion?

This is strictly theoretical btw

Todd4State
08-12-2013, 12:43 AM
A few years bowl ban, major scholarship reductions for multiple years, possibly a firing of Freeze.

How bout this? Name the punishment you would accept in order for you to be able to swallow a one year Chris Jones suspincion?

This is strictly theoretical btw

Ole Miss not allowed to give football scholarships for four years, a four year bowl ban with the death penalty invoked for repeat violator status. In the SEC, that would be worse than the death penalty in my mind. It would take them YEARS to recover. That would set them back about 10 years- at best. Not only that, they would be constantly mentioned for their transgressions. PR nightmare.

EnterpriseDawg
08-12-2013, 12:51 AM
Ole Miss not allowed to give football scholarships for four years, a four year bowl ban with the death penalty invoked for repeat violator status. In the SEC, that would be worse than the death penalty in my mind. It would take them YEARS to recover. That would set them back about 10 years- at best. Not only that, they would be constantly mentioned for their transgressions. PR nightmare.

I would rather them to go ahead and impose the death penalty. I'd like for future generations to have a puzzled look when someone mentions OM. To hear,"Ole Miss was an actual university," from a child's mouth would bring a smile to mine.

Todd4State
08-12-2013, 01:37 AM
I would rather them to go ahead and impose the death penalty. I'd like for future generations to have a puzzled look when someone mentions OM. To hear,"Ole Miss was an actual university," from a child's mouth would bring a smile to mine.

I just don't want to have to play USM in the Egg Bowl. Can we consider Tulane an in-state school?

MarketingBully01
08-12-2013, 06:44 AM
Their downfall has to be Tunsill. IMO, that is the recruitment they came out of left field for. The Chris Jones recruitment as well because he was committed to us for so long as well. Of course, if they paid his dad, we could always use the Scam defense and say he didn't know about it...

The Croom Diaries
08-12-2013, 07:33 AM
Just waking up to this, ha. There's more to come. OM is screwed....and that's not my opinion but the opinion of people much more in the know than I am.

Political Hack
08-12-2013, 07:48 AM
Just waking up to this, ha. There's more to come. OM is screwed....and that's not my opinion but the opinion of people much more in the know than I am.

people will have to be patient. It's going to take a long, long time to get to the bottom of this one. OM's only hope IMO is that the NCAA is disbanded and left in the dust before sanctions are handed down. With the width of this investigation, that very well could be the case.

MaroonState
08-12-2013, 07:48 AM
Don't forget Michigan. I think they were pretty butt hurt over the Laquon "Paidwell" Treadwell recruitment.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
08-12-2013, 08:00 AM
Anybody remember this from earlier this year?
http://nafoom.yuku.com/topic/44835/feeding-moncrief#.UgjalG2sYya

HereComesTheSpiral
08-12-2013, 08:11 AM
Anybody remember this from earlier this year?
http://nafoom.yuku.com/topic/44835/feeding-moncrief#.UgjalG2sYya

I now know everything there is to know about nachos now.

Vandownbytheriver
08-12-2013, 08:18 AM
I now know everything there is to know about nachos now.

I thought the same thing. Individual nachos are something created in hell.

bulldogcountry1
08-12-2013, 08:27 AM

That's what I have been wondering. It goes back to Jones visiting UM to gather intel against. Was this something orchestrated by Mullen and the staff? If so, why would they do that? First off, I can't see a coach asking an 18 year old recruit to do something like that no matter how confident your are in their commitment. You have to consider the repercussions of it all. The only way I would go for it was if Jones was really adamant about it, assuming UM something really wrong to upset him and he was looking for payback.

The fact that Jones made those trips, though, tells me he had something to spill, and knew he was going to get more.

bulldawg28
08-12-2013, 09:32 AM
That's what I have been wondering. It goes back to Jones visiting UM to gather intel against. Was this something orchestrated by Mullen and the staff? If so, why would they do that? First off, I can't see a coach asking an 18 year old recruit to do something like that no matter how confident your are in their commitment. You have to consider the repercussions of it all. The only way I would go for it was if Jones was really adamant about it, assuming UM something really wrong to upset him and he was looking for payback.

The fact that Jones made those trips, though, tells me he had something to spill, and knew he was going to get more.

Jones wasn't a spy for us. The trips for a 18 year old kid was too much to pass up.

Ronny
08-12-2013, 09:55 AM
...of you who were one of the psychos who sent Jones death threats:

I hope the NSA tapped your death threat correspondence & has it tucked away in your NSA file.

This is one instance where I hope our out-of-control national surveillance apparatus stored all your crazy bullshit in a file with your full name & social security # on it. And will us it against you the first opportunity presented.

Coach34
08-12-2013, 09:59 AM
Jones wasn't a spy for us. The trips for a 18 year old kid was too much to pass up.

Mullen and Jones had a great relationship. Mullen knew he was going to visit and basically said "let me know what they throw at you"....Jones came back from his visit and told Mullen what all they did and threw at him

People need to keep in mind- Ole Miss has been turned in by schools from all over the country- this isn't State trying to even the score

hacker
08-12-2013, 10:01 AM
Their downfall has to be Tunsill. IMO, that is the recruitment they came out of left field for. The Chris Jones recruitment as well because he was committed to us for so long as well. Of course, if they paid his dad, we could always use the Scam defense and say he didn't know about it...

That loophole was closed shortly after.

engie
08-12-2013, 10:10 AM

This.

Jones told our staff WEEKS in advance of visiting Oxford that he intended to visit. Several of us knew this. Now, we hoped he would shut it down 100% after his OV to MSU -- but the possibility of him visiting them was already out there.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
08-12-2013, 10:11 AM
I agree and here's an article from 3rdand57 from February of this year with quotes from Tunsil's coach. I've been looking for the original interview, but can't find it. Anyone have it bookmarked?http://3rdand57.wordpress.com/2013/02/18/is-uga-posturing-at-ole-miss/

engie
08-12-2013, 10:13 AM

This.

Jones told our staff WEEKS in advance that he intended to visit Oxford. Several of us knew this. Now, we hoped he would shut it down 100% after his OV to MSU -- but the possibility of him visiting them was already out there.(yes HD6, I know you think I made that shit up and and will probably dedicate another radio segment to it -- but it sure seems alot more plausible today doesn't it).

RougeDawg
08-12-2013, 10:16 AM
...of you who were one of the psychos who sent Jones death threats:

I hope the NSA tapped your death threat correspondence & has it tucked away in your NSA file.

This is one instance where I hope our out-of-control national surveillance apparatus stored all your crazy bullshit in a file with your full name & social security # on it. And will us it against you the first opportunity presented.

After all wasn't that their plan all along? Go after MSU any and every way possible on social media and message boards.

AlSwearengen
08-12-2013, 10:35 AM
Mullen and Jones had a great relationship. Mullen knew he was going to visit and basically said "let me know what they throw at you"....Jones came back from his visit and told Mullen what all they did and threw at him

People need to keep in mind- Ole Miss has been turned in by schools from all over the country- this isn't State trying to even the score

This is what I keep coming back to and many of our fans predicted it would happen this way. The ncaa could give a shit about MSU being pissed off, but when olemiss got wayyy out of their lane and took their game from statewide to almost nation wide the ncaa has to listen to that many big schools. Any information we have is just thrown in with the rest.

Jack Lambert
08-12-2013, 11:09 AM
I bet you can't get in a church in Oxford right now. Hugh and his angels are praying that this will go away but when you make a deal with the debil himself it's gonna bite you in the ass sooner or later and sooner has arrived.

If someone thinks a team wins because they believe god had a hand in the victory they are wacked in the head. God doesn't care who wins football games. If god cared Alabama would not have won the NC last year.

RougeDawg
08-12-2013, 11:17 AM
Seeing that sign on I-75 may cause plantation-cardiac-failure...

biggun
08-12-2013, 04:30 PM
people will have to be patient. It's going to take a long, long time to get to the bottom of this one. OM's only hope IMO is that the NCAA is disbanded and left in the dust before sanctions are handed down. With the width of this investigation, that very well could be the case.

That is my fear. There is already many big time schools calling for the NCAA to be disbanded or at least stripped of some of their power or their power conference will pull out of the NCAA which would destroy it anyway.

32 Dive
08-12-2013, 04:48 PM
??? Do share??

Laremy Tunsil's (http://247sports.com/Player/Laremy-Tunsil-7189?Institution=9051) home town.

Tunsil's recruitment, in my opinion, is the catalyst for the UM investigation.

RougeDawg
08-12-2013, 04:51 PM
Observing the lengths to which the bears are going to defend any and every rumor is quite entertaining. Should make for some drama on and off the field the next few months.

Oh and also the 100th post of this thread.

mic
08-12-2013, 05:19 PM
Observing the lengths to which the bears are going to defend any and every rumor is quite entertaining. Should make for some drama on and off the field the next few months.

Oh and also the 100th post of this thread.

Thread less than 24hours old.
100 posts and almost 7k views..

CadaverDawg
08-12-2013, 05:22 PM
Thread less than 24hours old.
100 posts and almost 7k views..

Pretty good traffic to just be "EliteDawg BS Rumors". Ha, who are they kidding.

Rick Danko
08-12-2013, 05:31 PM
Listening to H2H just heard Paul Jones (funny to finally hear a voice and as usual he sounds nothing like what I imagined) and when he mentioned others being interviewed Cross seemed to be taken by suprise... Found that interesting when Paul already stated on his site he knew of other interviews... OM spin??? Who knows.

RougeDawg
08-12-2013, 05:34 PM
Laremy Tunsil's (http://247sports.com/Player/Laremy-Tunsil-7189?Institution=9051) home town.

Tunsil's recruitment, in my opinion, is the catalyst for the UM investigation.

FlabLoser
08-12-2013, 05:38 PM
Listening to H2H just heard Paul Jones (funny to finally hear a voice and as usual he sounds nothing like what I imagined) and when he mentioned others being interviewed Cross seemed to be taken by suprise... Found that interesting when Paul already stated on his site he knew of other interviews... OM spin??? Who knows.

OM is all-in. No way OM tells Cross what is happening. I'm sure they've got everything locked down on a need to know basis.

Heck, OM might not even know everything that is happening. Why would the NCAA tell OM that they are interviewing people who don't belong to OM?

blacklistedbully
08-12-2013, 05:51 PM

Though I know it's "pie-in-the-sky" stuff, I'd be tickled pink if Ole Miss just got booted from the SEC, perhaps down to the C-USA. That would put us in great shape to become an SEC power. Even though we are a relatively small, poor state, having the kind of state-wide support we'd get from being the only SEC team in Mississippi would be incredible. It would be much easier to recruit, with the talent-per-capita advantage, we'd start winning more and more consistently, eventually getting to a point where we could compete against the SEC powers in recruiting.

32 Dive
08-12-2013, 08:23 PM
Just passing those Lake City exits, after you turn south on I-75 will make them cringe...
http://www.southeastroads.com/florida050/i-075_nb_exit_427_03.jpg

mikeharper1984
08-12-2013, 08:44 PM
man as much as I'd like to see this happen you are fantasizing a little too much. They will never get booted from the SEC

Todd4State
08-12-2013, 08:57 PM
man as much as I'd like to see this happen you are fantasizing a little too much. They will never get booted from the SEC

Maybe they could be suspended from the SEC for 4-5 years and have to play as an independent? That would kill their athletic program.

SignalToNoise
08-12-2013, 10:43 PM
Not sure if it's been said or not in this thread, but ..

Elite Dawgs Remembers Nominee.

Political Hack
07-21-2017, 09:14 AM

Some more blasts from the past.