PDA

View Full Version : I called the ticket office yesterday and paid for my football season tickets.

Jack Lambert
02-09-2016, 01:16 PM
The price was the same as last year. I did not ask about the bulldog club seat price but the tickets are the same.

Buddy
02-09-2016, 01:35 PM
Yep, one less home game but same price as last year. So when we go back to 7 home games next year we can probably expect another increase. I have no problem with increases when they are warranted (after great seasons, when demand is on the rise, etc), but after the disappointment of last season, Dak gone, worst home schedule in years -- I don't see a reason for the increase. I imagine we'll have many fans that don't renew.... which should open up better seats for those of us that do.

MetEdDawg
02-09-2016, 01:39 PM
Quick question. How much do we have to donate in the 2016 year to be eligible to buy season tickets? I couldn't get in on season tickets last year because I don't think I donated enough before tickets went on sale, but I'm trying to this year. I'm ranked 6,000 so I've moved up a little and hope to continue to move up some more before May gets here.

Taog Redloh
02-09-2016, 01:44 PM
Did you ask them why they are the same? Is it always a fixed price, regardless of number of games?

dickiedawg
02-09-2016, 02:01 PM
you just described a 9-win season with a bowl game blowout of an acc team as disappointing.

Yes, we lost to Alabama and had a soul-crushing defeat to Ole Miss along with 2 other winnable games.

But if State fans refuse to buy tickets after a 9 win season, we don't deserve any modicum of success and Mullen should jump ship for a middling Big 10 or ACC school.

Buddy
02-09-2016, 02:12 PM
you just described a 9-win season with a bowl game blowout of an acc team as disappointing.

Yes, we lost to Alabama and had a soul-crushing defeat to Ole Miss along with 2 other winnable games.

But if State fans refuse to buy tickets after a 9 win season, we don't deserve any modicum of success and Mullen should jump ship for a middling Big 10 or ACC school.

That was probably a little harsh on my part..... I was referring to the way we ended (getting throttled in the Egg Bowl) and finishing 6th (one spot above last place) in the SEC West. I think most of us expected a better finish with a senior QB who was the best to ever play the position at MSU.

MetEdDawg, call the Ticket Office and put your order in. I can guarantee you that you'll get tickets this season.... your rank is fine. In fact, I know folks who are not BC members who called the ticket office in August last year and bought season tickets. Remember, we didn't sell out last season. Now if you are expecting lower level 50-yard line seats, you probably won't get those, but you will not have a problem getting season tickets.

Jack Lambert
02-09-2016, 02:34 PM
Did you ask them why they are the same? Is it always a fixed price, regardless of number of games?

I did not. I paid 700.00 for two tickets last year and 700.00 this season. All I said was "oh the ticket price stayed the same". It was 680.00 plus 20.00 for handling.

Jack Lambert
02-09-2016, 02:37 PM
Quick question. How much do we have to donate in the 2016 year to be eligible to buy season tickets? I couldn't get in on season tickets last year because I don't think I donated enough before tickets went on sale, but I'm trying to this year. I'm ranked 6,000 so I've moved up a little and hope to continue to move up some more before May gets here.

Dak being gone there will be some tickets come open. We sold 50300 last years. You would think we would sell as many. Like I said in another thread I think it sucks our Faculty get such premium seats and no bulldog club contribution.

Howboutdemdogs
02-09-2016, 03:05 PM
I hear ya Jack! And the faculty were the ones selling their tickets to UNM fans. Stick them up top!

bobcat91
02-09-2016, 03:16 PM
Parking passes went from 120 to 150 for 1 less game. will be 180 next year with a 20% ticket increase. You will se the beginning of a lot of empty seats

Jack Lambert
02-09-2016, 03:18 PM
Parking passes went from 120 to 150 for 1 less game. will be 180 next year with a 20% ticket increase. You will se the beginning of a lot of empty seats

I am cheap when it comes to parking. I park down town and take shuttle. Sometimes we walk in just so I can look at leg in the District.

Dawgbite
02-09-2016, 03:29 PM
I actually thought that they went up but I couldn't remember what I paid last year. Parking pass was $150, what were they last year?

msudawglb
02-09-2016, 03:37 PM

Dang, we have some cheapass fans if thats the case.

War Machine Dawg
02-09-2016, 04:22 PM
So the price has increased, since we have one less game. And all our big SEC games (Bama, Northern Miss) are on the road. We're getting ripped off.

PassInterference
02-09-2016, 04:28 PM
Last year, I reached my limit with sitting in line 2-3 hours to drive off campus. No more parking pass for me. I'd rather hike in from somewhere. A 10-15 minute walk and with an easy out from Starkville beats the hell out of trying to get off campus.

Chuck Finley
02-09-2016, 04:53 PM
I called and asked to be put on the waiting list for parking. They told me that they are essentially sold out and will not have any unless some folks choose not to renew. Also said that if any became available, they would offer to BC members by rank.

If anyone has a lot 28 or lot 6 they want to sell, please let me know.

Buddy
02-09-2016, 06:15 PM
Parking passes were also $150 last year (although we had 1 more game).

Buddy
02-09-2016, 06:17 PM
I called and asked to be put on the waiting list for parking. They told me that they are essentially sold out and will not have any unless some folks choose not to renew. Also said that if any became available, they would offer to BC members by rank.

If anyone has a lot 28 or lot 6 they want to sell, please let me know.

You better look for someone who is planning to drop their parking pass this year (like the poster above) and have them renew it and buy from them. There is a guy behind me in the BC that gets 2 parking passes each year. I'm on the waiting list and have never gotten the call that one was available. I don't know why they didn't "reseat" the parking passes by BC rank when they reseated the stadium a couple of years back.