PDA

View Full Version : If My Math Is Right

Spiderman
02-08-2016, 06:04 PM
Ole Miss has had a coaching change every 4.6 years since the Old Toupee Wearing Racist retired. (Due to heart trouble, that he managed to live another 30 some years with. All know it was really broken heart since blacks were allowed to play)

And that average includes the 11 years of Billy Brewer, who also got OM on probation twice.

So you have The Racist, The Cheater, and now The Messianic Prophet as the most successful coaches in OM history.

But unlike the other 2, Freeze is no cheater?

Ok.

Freeze is a half year from the average.

What are the odds he defies the odds?

msstate7
02-08-2016, 06:09 PM
Does om get LOIC? There's your answer

somebodyshotmypaw
02-08-2016, 06:26 PM
They will continue to cheat as long as the reward outweighs the punishment. Denver and Carolina each have a 53 man roster and they would kick the crap out of any college 85 man roster. That's because they have the best that money can buy. Ole Miss is thinking that if the NCAA strips them of 15-20 scholarships, but they can fill the remaining 65-70 by purchasing guys like Tunsil, Treadwell, Kimchee, Little, etc., then they are better off. Because 65-70 of the best beats 85 gotten the fair way. Would you give up one additional scholarship for another Prescott? Of course you would.

So the result is buy 50-60 badasses and then take your lumps with the NCAA. If the NCAA wants to stop it, they need to ban guilty coaches, ban the school from bowls for 3-5 years, and let the players at a guilty school have open transfer. That is on top of scholarship reductions.

Spiderman
02-08-2016, 06:32 PM
They will continue to cheat as long as the reward outweighs the punishment. Denver and Carolina each have a 53 man roster and they would kick the crap out of any college 85 man roster. That's because they have the best that money can buy. Ole Miss is thinking that if the NCAA strips them of 15-20 scholarships, but they can fill the remaining 65-70 by purchasing guys like Tunsil, Treadwell, Kimchee, Little, etc., then they are better off. Because 65-70 of the best beats 85 gotten the fair way. Would you give up one additional scholarship for another Prescott? Of course you would.

So the result is buy 50-60 badasses and then take your lumps with the NCAA. If the NCAA wants to stop it, they need to ban guilty coaches, ban the school from bowls for 3-5 years, and let the players at a guilty school have open transfer. That is on top of scholarship reductions.

I say if a kid took money, or whatever, he should be banned too

paco
02-08-2016, 07:41 PM
I don't disagree with your philosophy. However, the 'Repeat Offender' rule makes their strategy good only for the short term.

gravedigger
02-08-2016, 07:45 PM
Ole Miss has had a coaching change every 4.6 years since the Old Toupee Wearing Racist retired. (Due to heart trouble, that he managed to live another 30 some years with. All know it was really broken heart since blacks were allowed to play)

And that average includes the 11 years of Billy Brewer, who also got OM on probation twice.

So you have The Racist, The Cheater, and now The Messianic Prophet as the most successful coaches in OM history.

But unlike the other 2, Freeze is no cheater?

Ok.

Freeze is a half year from the average.

What are the odds he defies the odds?

This being freeze's first hit, id say they get tough penalties but a show cause would have to be predicated on this being his second go around. Saunders was serving no other purpose but to cheat. Freeze just wont get that big of a hit when its the school that has earned it too.

Now what i think they are doing is getting to the bottom of who is at the source. Bjork could take some heAt too. Punishing boosters is pointless.

Spiderman
02-08-2016, 08:40 PM
This being freeze's first hit, id say they get tough penalties but a show cause would have to be predicated on this being his second go around. Saunders was serving no other purpose but to cheat. Freeze just wont get that big of a hit when its the school that has earned it too.

Now what i think they are doing is getting to the bottom of who is at the source. Bjork could take some heAt too. Punishing boosters is pointless.

I figure Bjork is more in danger than Freeze. After all, that's 3 programs in trouble on his watch.

He is ultimately responsible for every sport on campus.

But as the great Buford T. said, "When ya raid the cathouse, ya take the piano playa too."

somebodyshotmypaw
02-08-2016, 08:50 PM
I don't disagree with your philosophy. However, the 'Repeat Offender' rule makes their strategy good only for the short term.

Understood. But the penalty must outweigh the reward. They are daring the NCAA to punish them. They are cocky as hell. The NCAA is going to have to make a believer out of them or it won't do much good.

Every day in Jackson thugs carjack folks and get a slap on the wrist. That's why they keep doing it. There is no deterrent. A bullet between the eyes would put a stop to it though. The NCAA needs to think that way.

Howboutdemdogs
02-08-2016, 10:28 PM
One thing that is hard to police is the fact even with scholarship reductions, who is to say that the "walk on" player is not having is school paid for at UNM? How would you handle that issue?

Reason2succeed
02-08-2016, 10:36 PM
[/QUOTE] If the NCAA wants to stop it, they need to ban guilty coaches, ban the school from bowls for 3-5 years, and let the playuers at a guilty school have open transfer. That is on top of scholarship reductions.[/QUOTE]

We've already seen that bowl bans do nothing. Teams just schedule in season games against Hawaii or in Ireland and keep rolling. Also, banning kids won't work either. Selling crack has a higher penalty than selling cocaine but there's not a drug dealer out there that gives a crap. They sell whatever makes money.

The only thing that has a prayer is the death penalty and I don't know why people keep claiming that the NCAA won't drop it when they NEVER said that and have already given the death penalty several times since SMU. If it gets bad enough the NCAA and all of its member institutions will bite the bullet and drop it or their whole allusion of amateur athletics will be totally crushed.