PDA

View Full Version : Rutttt Rohhhhh Freezus....

Coach34
02-08-2016, 09:36 AM
A little birdie told me that Freezus and crew use burner phones in recruiting. They give them to their top recruits to communicate with and such- and then collect them back from them on their recruiting weekend visit. Wellllllll, one top recruit left his recruiting visit early I'm told- Momma didn't like the atmosphere of Grenada Without The Lake- and didn't turn his phone in. That phone is now in the hands of the NCAA.

That Jim Baker moment is coming Freezus.

JDog13
02-08-2016, 09:37 AM
First

starkvegasdawg
02-08-2016, 09:39 AM
Would he be a current MI commit by any chance?

archdog
02-08-2016, 09:39 AM
bump because it's an awesome rumor.

AFDawg
02-08-2016, 09:40 AM
They can't possibly be that stupid.

JDog13
02-08-2016, 09:42 AM
E
D
S
O

Really Clark?
02-08-2016, 09:43 AM
Would he be a current MI commit by any chance?

No. Or at least Gary isn't the name mentioned with this rumor.

msstate7
02-08-2016, 09:44 AM
How would you prove that om gave it to him?

Ralph
02-08-2016, 09:46 AM
Gary??

Really Clark?
02-08-2016, 09:46 AM

By who was calling and sending messages to the athlete

starkvegasdawg
02-08-2016, 09:48 AM

How can OM prove they didn't? I would think a little detective work on call logs and locations could be easily ascertained.

msstate7
02-08-2016, 09:48 AM
By who was calling and sending messages to the athlete

If the coach used a burner too, it might be impossible to prove

Jack Lambert
02-08-2016, 09:49 AM

Does it matter? If a kid says ole miss gave him the phone is the NCAA going to just ignore it? It's not court.

msstate7
02-08-2016, 09:51 AM
Hopefully the NCAA can tie this to freeze bc it's deliberate cheating

starkvegasdawg
02-08-2016, 09:51 AM
You could probably get the SN of the phone and go back and see where it was bought as well as the location of the number called the most on it. If both of them came from the Oxford walmart...

Really Clark?
02-08-2016, 09:53 AM
If the coach used a burner too, it might be impossible to prove

I suspect there will be messages at some point that leaves no doubt which school had that number. And it also opens doors for a lot of questioning. That is what they need. Doors to open

msstate7
02-08-2016, 09:53 AM
Does it matter? If a kid says ole miss gave him the phone is the NCAA going to just ignore it? It's not court.

Well I hope the NCAA does use some burden of proof bc I don't want say Aj brown (some spurned recruit) saying we did something we didn't.

Not saying om didn't do this bc I have zero doubt they did... Just saying

Irondawg
02-08-2016, 09:58 AM
Can't remember which message board it was but a poster mentioned last week that AJ had a burner that OM gave him that rang non-stop

JDog13
02-08-2016, 10:00 AM
Can't remember which message board it was but a poster mentioned last week that AJ had a burner that OM gave him that rang non-stop

You mean the one his teacher took from him in class and answered?

MarketingBully
02-08-2016, 10:02 AM
Remember, excessive contact is a serious offense in and of itself. Ask Indiana's Sampson how serious it is. He was fired at IU because of it and IU got some serious penalties as well.

TrapGame
02-08-2016, 10:05 AM
LOIC is coming.

Political Hack
02-08-2016, 10:20 AM
Coach Nix used to play NCAA football on PlayStation with the recruits every night and talk to them through the head sets. It was well known he had daily contact and nothing was ever done. However, given the current climate, OM surely doesn't need more allegations being thrown at them.

"Willful pattern" anyone???

jumbo
02-08-2016, 10:22 AM
Coach Nix used to play NCAA football on PlayStation with the recruits every night and talk to them through the head sets. It was well known he had daily contact and nothing was ever done. However, given the current climate, OM surely doesn't need more allegations being thrown at them.

that's actually a great idea

Red Sox Dawg
02-08-2016, 10:24 AM
LOIC

missouridawg
02-08-2016, 10:25 AM
This thread is Marlo Stanfield approved.

LC Dawg
02-08-2016, 10:28 AM
Freeze bought those phones to hand out to the poor Haitians on his mission trip. There will soon be multiple Bleacher Report/SDS/Asschap articles that prove this.

Dawgowar
02-08-2016, 10:30 AM
And all after 2013. TAs the proctologist says...you may feel a sudden need to urinate.

West Houston Dog
02-08-2016, 10:37 AM
Saw a U of H buddy of mine yesterday at church. Told him congrats on getting the Top 10 DT from here in Houston(believe his name is Ed Oliver). He said om was after that DT hard...said they called ''60 times and he wouldn't answer the phone!" Good for him.....

defiantdog
02-08-2016, 10:41 AM
A little birdie told me that Freezus and crew use burner phones in recruiting. They give them to their top recruits to communicate with and such- and then collect them back from them on their recruiting weekend visit. Wellllllll, one top recruit left his recruiting visit early I'm told- Momma didn't like the atmosphere of Grenada Without The Lake- and didn't turn his phone in. That phone is now in the hands of the NCAA.

Two of them left early by the way.... One of them just made it public that he was leaving early.

Coach34
02-08-2016, 10:41 AM
They can't possibly be that stupid.

burner phone vs the calls and texts being on that recruits personal phone. It's smart in a way. Just have to make sure you get all of them back

And yes- AJ made sure everybody in Sville knew OM gave him a phone

ShotgunDawg
02-08-2016, 10:52 AM
that's actually a great idea

That's the thing. Ole Miss is about the burn due to greed, but that doesn't mean that they weren't creative and came up with great, innovative ways to recruit. I wish we were learn from some of the "legal" things they did.

starkvegasdawg
02-08-2016, 10:57 AM
http://i.imgur.com/y6Locbi.png

Uncivilengineer
02-08-2016, 10:59 AM
If they already call us "snitch U" then lets live up to our name and inform the NCAA about AJ's phone. And every other "rumor" floating around. RELENTLESS GRINDING.

Stormrider26
02-08-2016, 11:06 AM
Don't forget, you can secretly message and transfer money on Snapchat.

BossDawg
02-08-2016, 11:27 AM
I thought it was pretty well known that AJ was caught with a burner phone that had some pretty damning evidence on it. Or something like that.

confucius say
02-08-2016, 11:31 AM
That would be beyond stupid to trust recruits with burner phones

BossDawg
02-08-2016, 11:37 AM
That would be beyond stupid to trust recruits with burner phones

I think their desperation has made them stupid. Seriously. They were like a buck during the rut: they got tunnel vision pursuing the prize and forgot about their surroundings, but still confident they'd live to see the next day.

RougeDawg
02-08-2016, 11:37 AM
Let's not forget that Bucky was busted for improper contact with recruits before he was ever actually hired by OM the first time. He has mastered the system now but their aggressiveness and brazen attitude has once again backfired. Too much too quick is always gonna burn you.

ScoobaDawg
02-08-2016, 11:42 AM
This thread is Marlo Stanfield approved.

Stringer will be disappointed if they didn't cross state lines or go to another city and split the purchases at different stores.
If Bernard got distracted by some willing ho who wanted more time with him and to save money though...

NSFW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOtKjIpBeKc

Reason2succeed
02-08-2016, 11:43 AM
LOIC is coming.

"Pattern of willful violations" = Death Penalty

Mjoelner34
02-08-2016, 11:50 AM
Now we know what this was about.

http://i.imgur.com/YOnLq2C.png

Percho
02-08-2016, 11:51 AM
Marlo will be disappointed if they didn't cross state lines or go to another city and split the purchases at different stores.
If Bernard got distracted by some willing ho who wanted more time with him and to save money though...

NSFW

I just finished all seasons in about two weeks. When I began reading this thread all I could think was, "The Wire."

missouridawg
02-08-2016, 11:55 AM
Marlo will be disappointed if they didn't cross state lines or go to another city and split the purchases at different stores.

NSFW

Im just happy someone got the reference. What a tremendous show that was.

Dawg61
02-08-2016, 11:57 AM
Stringer Bell

ScoobaDawg
02-08-2016, 12:04 PM
Stringer Bell

Yep... Fixed. can't believe I got that mixed up.
Still one of my favorite shows ever.

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
02-08-2016, 12:15 PM
I watched the whole thing over a couple months last year. Still mad about how they did Wallace in S1.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-08-2016, 12:23 PM
Let's not forget that Bucky was busted for improper contact with recruits before he was ever actually hired by OM the first time. He has mastered the system now but their aggressiveness and brazen attitude has once again backfired. Too much too quick is always gonna burn you.

Yep, back in 2006...I love the last paragraph:
"The other violations reported by Ole Miss included tight ends coach Hugh Freeze, who at the time was director of football operations and did not have recruiting responsibilities. Freeze
participated in telephone calls with four Memphis-area prospects
between Oct. 30 and Nov. 13.

Among Ole Miss' self-imposed penalties was a two-week ban on
calling Memphis-area prospects.

"We felt like these were routine issues and we're going to
report secondary violations when we find them," said Wells.

"If there is a significant pattern that develops, the NCAA has the right to look at it as a major issue," Ole Miss athletic
director Pete Boone said. "But that's not what they've done here.
It's just one of those things you just always have to have your
antennas up.""

ESPN 2006 (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2324493)

jumbo
02-08-2016, 01:07 PM
Among Ole Miss' self-imposed penalties was a two-week ban on
calling Memphis-area prospects.

How is something like this policed? Do coaches have to officially log all their calls? Is there anyway of actually tracking it?

War Machine Dawg
02-08-2016, 01:28 PM
http://i.imgur.com/cTItnps.gif

Sacrifice
02-08-2016, 01:39 PM
The dept in which these MoFos cheat and manipulate the system knows no end.

Dawg61
02-08-2016, 02:11 PM
I watched the whole thing over a couple months last year. Still mad about how they did Wallace in S1.

I didn't watch much more after Idris Elba got it. Maybe I should go back and finish it. There's rumors of Idris being the new James Bond which would be awesome imo.

Bubb Rubb
02-08-2016, 02:27 PM
If they already call us "snitch U" then lets live up to our name and inform the NCAA about AJ's phone. And every other "rumor" floating around. RELENTLESS GRINDING.

it is already known. This is where all of the "snitch" stuff started coming from.

THE Bruce Dickinson
02-08-2016, 03:55 PM
I didn't watch much more after Idris Elba got it. Maybe I should go back and finish it. There's rumors of Idris being the new James Bond which would be awesome imo.

Tom Hardy should be the new Bond. They should absolutely make that happen

shannondawg
02-08-2016, 03:59 PM
I guess it just me, but if I got repeated calls from somebody trying to sell me something, that would get pretty old.

TrapGame
02-08-2016, 04:03 PM
Tom Hardy should be the new Bond. They should absolutely make that happen

Great idea.

Several years ago they had Orlando Bloom up to play a prequel version of Bond as a young man attending Cambridge who is thrust into international covert actions. Fortunately it fell through.

Sacrifice
02-08-2016, 04:04 PM

IsIs type sh;t there

Spiderman
02-08-2016, 05:01 PM

I have no idea if a recruit turned over a burner.

But I have been saying for years the Ole Miss coaches use burners. Not sure if they give any to recruits.

Also it's very very hard to trace a Paypal account, when ordering stuff online. Very creative.

Coach34
02-08-2016, 05:07 PM
I have no idea if a recruit turned over a burner.

They did.

Op4isabitch
02-08-2016, 05:13 PM
They did.

Is this something that's included in the current NOA or will it be included in the next one or do we even know if the NCAA is aware of it?

ShotgunDawg
02-08-2016, 05:28 PM
I gotta say, this is going to make a great movie someday.

The sequel to "Catch Me if You Can"

I hope Ole Miss gets hammered, but I must say that's it's really impressive with what an administration and coaching staff with no conscience can come up with.

Furthermore, this may sound odd, but it's beginning to sound like Hugh Freeze may just be a foot soldier for the people pulling the strings. A high school coach, who has no future is offered a bargain. It's like the Manchurian candidate or something. Freeze's career was a dead end unless he agreed to fully implement and carry out the plan.

The NCAA can hammer Freeze, but I'm not sure that solves anything. He may just be a mid manager in a much larger system.

Spiderman
02-08-2016, 05:53 PM
I gotta say, this is going to make a great movie someday.

The sequel to "Catch Me if You Can"

I hope Ole Miss gets hammered, but I must say that's it's really impressive with what an administration and coaching staff with no conscience can come up with.

Furthermore, this may sound odd, but it's beginning to sound like Hugh Freeze may just be a foot soldier for the people pulling the strings. A high school coach, who has no future is offered a bargain. It's like the Manchurian candidate or something. Freeze's career was a dead end unless he agreed to fully implement and carry out the plan.

The NCAA can hammer Freeze, but I'm not sure that solves anything. He may just be a mid manager in a much larger system.

Look, I believe Freeze is dirty and a hypocrite.

But I also believe he is no idiot and a pretty good coach. He's no manager. He's a lot smarter than most give him credit for.

ShotgunDawg
02-08-2016, 05:59 PM
Look, I believe Freeze is dirty and a hypocrite.

But I also believe he is no idiot and a pretty good coach. He's no manager. He's a lot smarter than most give him credit for.

Absolutely, there is no doubt that he is smart & creative. Still though, he likely had to make concessions to go from being a girls basketball coach to being an SEC head football coach in short order

Spiderman
02-08-2016, 06:06 PM
Absolutely, there is no doubt that he is smart & creative. Still though, he likely had to make concessions to go from being a girls basketball coach to being an SEC head football coach in short order

Oher was his ticket.

He made the most of it.

BrunswickDawg
02-08-2016, 06:17 PM
Oher was his ticket.

He made the most of it.
And he is the type who will do whatever it takes to advance and make himself look good. What was it Oger called him? A backstabbing weasel??

CadaverDawg
02-08-2016, 06:26 PM
Looks like Ole Miss is getting...

http://youtu.be/aYNMvNgnGq8

PassInterference
02-08-2016, 07:33 PM
Besides burners, Rolexes seem to be standard issue.

http://s10.postimg.org/u5rtf729l/image.jpg

MagicDawg
02-08-2016, 07:48 PM
Freeze's career was a dead end unless he agreed to fully implement and carry out the plan.

I am trying to imagine the size of the nuclear cloud if Freeze somehow decided he could save himself by ratting out the whole plan/system/network. Essentially "turn state's evidence" and claim they forced him to do it all, with documentation.

"I was playing along the whole time so I could get y'all this evidence..."

Ha! Not bloody likely, but hilarious to imagine.

Statecoachingblows**
02-08-2016, 08:10 PM
Freeze bought those phones to hand out to the poor Haitians on his mission trip. There will soon be multiple Bleacher Report/SDS/Asschap articles that prove this.

And given the history of the "recruits", it's also very possible that the phones were stolen before they were able to hand them out to said Haitians.

JDog13
02-08-2016, 08:22 PM
Don't forget he has Werner with the experience in cheating at Miami.

RIdog
02-08-2016, 09:19 PM

I recognize Tunsil but who is that on the right ?

Ralph
02-08-2016, 09:29 PM
I recognize Tunsil but who is that on the right ?

AJ

Dawg61
02-08-2016, 10:08 PM

Looks like Freezus is laughing at that weak ass chain they gave him