PDA

View Full Version : NOA Part Duex'

Political Hack
02-08-2016, 08:17 AM
A little birdie told me that Ole Miss will receive a 2nd Notice of Allegations (NOA) in roughly 6-8 weeks, placing the time frame sometime near the end of March or during the month of April. This comes from someone I trust that did not attend State or Ole Miss, but has a lot of connections in collegiate sports. I don't know how he knew the timeline, but he seemed very confident about it.

I found this a little surprising because I was under the assumption that the 2nd investigation is ongoing. That would be one of only two reasons to split the letters. The other reason to split the letters/sanctions??? I've been told, allegedly, the 2nd NOA is completely focused on issues that took place after June 2013. That is a critical date as the NCAA changed their rules at this time about how hard they can pursue head coaches for violations that occur during their tenure. In other words, based on the latest skuttle butt, the NCAA could very easily be looking to implicate Hugh Freeze for recruiting violations. The first letter will be a straight left jab, the second will be a Mike Tyson upper cut. I was told that academic issues and recruiting violations will be a part of the 2nd NOA as well, which seems a little odd to me because I thought the academic fraud issue was all prior to 2013. If the NCAA finds academic fraud that spans two head coaches, multiple administrators, and lasted several years, there is zero doubt in my personal opinion that a Loss of Institutional Control (LOIC) finding will be levied. Further, I have been told that the NCAA has interviewed kids that signed with Ole Miss this year. If that's true, the NCAA investigation spans nearly a decade. Nothing, I repeat NOTHING, about this investigation is minor. Academic fraud and recruiting violations that implicate multiple sports staffs, spanning nearly a decade, that have already resulted in an 8-year show cause for a former Associate Athletics Director is horrible news.

Gentlemen, grab your popcorn. Should make for an interesting offseason.

JDog13
02-08-2016, 08:18 AM
If you're reading this, you're the resistance.

Behrdawg
02-08-2016, 08:27 AM
But Hugh is clean... And he scored high on his ACT, too**

AlmostPositive
02-08-2016, 08:30 AM
Perfect storm for Ole Miss. The NCAA needs an image makeover and Ole Miss is the perfect target. It will be hammer time.

For your added viewing pleasure, by the time they start recovering from sanctions, Ole Miss will be facing more and more calls for a name change. "Ole Miss" is probably in its last decade. Good luck, con artists formerly known as R*b*ls.

Statecoachingblows**
02-08-2016, 08:34 AM
Wait a minute...good news on a Monday morning?? The end is near!

starkvegasdawg
02-08-2016, 08:40 AM
I hope they hammer Hugh so bad he chips a tooth when he sees his show cause.

Dawgology
02-08-2016, 08:46 AM
I want to believe this. I hope your source is correct...but when I see info filtering out that hints at some of the stuff we have been talking about or told will be included in this NOA are not, in fact, in it but will be saved for later worries me. Maybe it will all come out in the wash but usually when you start hearing a story change its not a good sign. Hope I'm wrong.

thf24
02-08-2016, 08:52 AM
Is there any precedent saying how soon after that sanctions will be levied? I think I saw during the basketball game Saturday that Louisville will receive a NOA for their investigation in June, but isn't expected to receive sanctions until spring of next year.

starkvegasdawg
02-08-2016, 08:52 AM
I'm not sure the story has changed. I was always under the impression this initial NOA was just the appetizer and would not amount to a whole lot but the second one was the one that was going to be the prison shower raping of the program. The first was just going to be some light salad tossing.

starkvegasdawg
02-08-2016, 08:54 AM
Is there any precedent saying how soon after that sanctions will be levied? I think I saw during the basketball game Saturday that Louisville will receive a NOA for their investigation in June, but isn't expected to receive sanctions until spring of next year.

I think the school has 90 days from receipt of the NOA to give their official response. After that I am not sure what the timelime is for the NCAA to respond. Assuming they get their second one 4/1 then they would have until 7/1 to respond. After that I am not sure.

Ralph
02-08-2016, 08:57 AM
This fits the timeframe of my original thought that NCAA would wait until OM responds to first NOA before sending a second to get them in a catch 22.

Political Hack
02-08-2016, 08:58 AM
I want to believe this. I hope your source is correct...but when I see info filtering out that hints at some of the stuff we have been talking about or told will be included in this NOA are not, in fact, in it but will be saved for later worries me. Maybe it will all come out in the wash but usually when you start hearing a story change its not a good sign. Hope I'm wrong.

I don't know what the 1st NOA is about, but it's widely speculated that only 5-10 of the allegations pertain to football. I'm told the 2nd NOA should focus completely on football. So the Bjork mantra, of "it's only our track and WBB teams "mostly"" is going to fly out the window with this one.

I think the first one will be bad regardless. Sanctions across 3 sports is awful. Just letting y'all know that the all popular defense of "it's just our fast kids and women-folk" won't hold water come round two.

Bucky Dog
02-08-2016, 09:00 AM
I hope this all happens but the big thing I think everyone wants to hear is the Network set up to pay all of these players, from the coaches to bag men and anything else involved with it. Tell me about the Tunsil inducements and that 2013 class, and this past one as well. I don't want to sound too greedy, because if this all gets them what they deserve, assuming it is proven to be true, then so be it.

Political Hack
02-08-2016, 09:00 AM
I think the school has 90 days from receipt of the NOA to give their official response. After that I am not sure what the timelime is for the NCAA to respond. Assuming they get their second one 4/1 then they would have until 7/1 to respond. After that I am not sure.

I think it's telling that the NCAA is having them respond to the first one before sending them them another one. Doesn't seem like they're too happy...

TrapGame
02-08-2016, 09:14 AM
This fits the timeframe of my original thought that NCAA would wait until OM responds to first NOA before sending a second to get them in a catch 22.

Very interesting.

Looks like UNM has their asses in a sling.

defiantdog
02-08-2016, 09:18 AM
I think it's telling that the NCAA is having them respond to the first one before sending them them another one. Doesn't seem like they're too happy...
The NCAA is expecting OM to conduct self sanctions for the first NOA.

Ralph
02-08-2016, 09:21 AM
The way I "hope" this goes is OM responds to first letter by saying we did this and that to correct the issues, then boom another letter covering more recent events and then OM will have a hell of a time defending the 2nd letter. If NCAA does this, it certainly means they've got OM in a choke hold imo.

Political Hack
02-08-2016, 09:23 AM
The NCAA is expecting OM to conduct self sanctions for the first NOA.

And if OM claims they have done a complete investigation and "that's it" without addressing the additional allegations, the NCAA will say they weren't forthcoming and hammer them come round 2. It's OM's chance to tell all and impose serious self-sanctions. If they don't, the NCAA has the gun loaded ready for round 2.

The only thing and repeat ONLY thing that has ever given me pause in any of this is not knowing whether or not the NCAA has the stones to play hard ball. The way they're apparently staggering the NOA's is a pretty strong indicator that they are playing hard ball.

starkvegasdawg
02-08-2016, 09:25 AM
So where do you put the odds of Bucky getting a show cause?

Mjoelner34
02-08-2016, 09:28 AM
From what I can gather, unless one or more special circumstances occur, the statute of limitations on the investigation is 4 years. Remember that the 4 years is dated backwards from when the NOA is delivered. This sets the 4 year date at January 2012. Now, they keep stomping their feet saying that except for the Tunsil vehicle, the other football stuff was minor and occurred under Nutt. Well, Houston Dale Nutt Jr. was not the coach for UNM in January 2012. So, for Nutt to be brought up in the NOA, one or more of those special circumstances had to have occurred under his watch. Those circumstances which can extend the investigation beyond 4 years are: (1) the eligibility of a current student-athlete, (2) a pattern of willful violations that began before the four-year windows but continue into the four-year window or (3) a blatant disregard for certain fundamental rules (recruiting, extra benefits, academics, ethical conduct) or (4) an effort to conceal violations. So UNM, which is it? Are you a ‘willful violator’ causing an extension of the investigation in-turn sending you racing toward a LOIC or is it really Bucky that is dirty and the violations didn't occur until after 2012? I suspect the answer is just simply ‘yes’.

Ralph
02-08-2016, 09:30 AM
So where do you put the odds of Bucky getting a show cause?

I think hacks point come into play here. Do they have enough on freeze and if they do, do they have the balls. Personally nothing would make me happier but I think it's somewhat of a long shot. Hope I'm wrong tho.

Reason2succeed
02-08-2016, 09:30 AM
"Pattern of willful violations" = Death Penalty

thf24
02-08-2016, 09:37 AM
"Pattern of willful violations" = Death Penalty

The NCAA has made it clear that the death penalty will never be handed out again. Freeze getting a show cause, however, which isn't outside the realm of possibilities under the new rules, wouldn't be far off.

Really Clark?
02-08-2016, 09:42 AM
The NCAA has made it clear that the death penalty will never be handed out again. Freeze getting a show cause, however, which isn't outside the realm of possibilities under the new rules, wouldn't be far off.

They have actually handed it out twice since SMU in lower divisions and in different sports. They were very very close to giving Texas State the death penalty in football recently.

BrunswickDawg
02-08-2016, 09:46 AM
From what I can gather, unless one or more special circumstances occur, the statute of limitations on the investigation is 4 years. Remember that the 4 years is dated backwards from when the NOA is delivered. This sets the 4 year date at January 2012. Now, they keep stomping their feet saying that except for the Tunsil vehicle, the other football stuff was minor and occurred under Nutt. Well, Houston Dale Nutt Jr. was not the coach for UNM in January 2012. So, for Nutt to be brought up in the NOA, one or more of those special circumstances had to have occurred under his watch. Those circumstances which can extend the investigation beyond 4 years are: (1) the eligibility of a current student-athlete, (2) a pattern of willful violations that began before the four-year windows but continue into the four-year window or (3) a blatant disregard for certain fundamental rules (recruiting, extra benefits, academics, ethical conduct) or (4) an effort to conceal violations. So UNM, which is it? Are you a ‘willful violator’ causing an extension of the investigation in-turn sending you racing toward a LOIC or is it really Bucky that is dirty and the violations didn't occur until after 2012? I suspect the answer is just simply ‘yes’.

One thing to keep in mind, is that the SOL is from the date the investigation begins - which is said to have been 3+ years ago - not when they get the NOA. So if the investigation began in 2013, and went back 4 years, that gets you into the Nutt era and the potential uncovering of the David Saunders stuff (2010 was his 3rd stint). If they then back track Saunders tenures and ACT shenanigans that takes you back potentially as far as 1998 but more than likely only to 2006 and his buddy Hugh's interactions.

It makes sense to break this away from the 2013 and up stuff 1) Because of the change in rules; and 2) It is stuff they kept finding during the 3 years of investigation happening in "real time" and OM was too dumb to quit.

Political Hack
02-08-2016, 10:16 AM
I think a head coach getting a show cause is essentially the new death penalty, and I expect that to be on the table by the time this is over. Anyone speculating on that happening one way or the other is just throwing stuff out there though. This is the ncaa's largest investigation under the new rules, so it's hard to predict what the committee that determines sanctions will do after the hearing.

The death penalty for major football program will impact other areas of the university through a massive loss of funding. If the NCAA starts handing those out, they will put themselves out of business.

jumbo
02-08-2016, 10:24 AM
I think a head coach getting a show cause is essentially the new death penalty, and I expect that to be on the table by the time this is over. Anyone speculating on that happening one way or the other is just throwing stuff out there though. This is the ncaa's largest investigation under the new rules, so it's hard to predict what the committee that determines sanctions will do after the hearing.

The death penalty for major football program will impact other areas of the university through a massive loss of funding. If the NCAA starts handing those out, they will put themselves out of business.

I agree with this. I don't think we'll ever see a death penalty again and certainly not to a P5 school. Show cause for the staff and scholarship reductions will be the "hammer".

Political Hack
02-08-2016, 10:26 AM
I agree with this. I don't think we'll ever see a death penalty again and certainly not to a P5 school. Show cause for the staff and scholarship reductions will be the "hammer".

Yep. That and bowl bans.

Boodawg
02-08-2016, 10:29 AM
If Freeze got a show cause would UM fire him? Because just having him on staff with a show cause could result in more penalties.

TrapGame
02-08-2016, 10:30 AM
If it's a show cause for Freeze and company with a LOIC on top does the entire coaching staff and AD's office get fired?

I'm saying yes.

ETA: Like minds boodawg.

jumbo
02-08-2016, 10:33 AM
If Freeze got a show cause would UM fire him? Because just having him on staff with a show cause could result in more penalties.

Of course they would.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
02-08-2016, 10:37 AM

What about the timing of a show cause? A show cause getting dropped on new numerous assistants or the head coach in say late August would destroy the entire season and next year's recruiting class.

Boodawg
02-08-2016, 10:37 AM
Well, I guess if the penalties were lessened by firing the coach and staff they would fire them, but what would they do if they found out the penalties would be the same regardless of what they did? Would they fire their best coach in 30 years? Knowing UM folks, I just don't know if they would. Of course I don't know much at all about show cause penalties and such.

JOHNHEVESYMADE
02-08-2016, 10:56 AM
A little birdie told me that Ole Miss will receive a 2nd Notice of Allegations (NOA) in roughly 6-8 weeks, placing the time frame sometime near the end of March or during the month of April. This comes from someone I trust that did not attend State or Ole Miss, but has a lot of connections in collegiate sports. I don't know how he knew the timeline, but he seemed very confident about it.

I found this a little surprising because I was under the assumption that the 2nd investigation is ongoing. That would be one of only two reasons to split the letters. The other reason to split the letters/sanctions??? I've been told, allegedly, the 2nd NOA is completely focused on issues that took place after June 2013. That is a critical date as the NCAA changed their rules at this time about how hard they can pursue head coaches for violations that occur during their tenure. In other words, based on the latest skuttle butt, the NCAA could very easily be looking to implicate Hugh Freeze for recruiting violations. The first letter will be a straight left jab, the second will be a Mike Tyson upper cut. I was told that academic issues and recruiting violations will be a part of the 2nd NOA as well, which seems a little odd to me because I thought the academic fraud issue was all prior to 2013. If the NCAA finds academic fraud that spans two head coaches, multiple administrators, and lasted several years, there is zero doubt in my personal opinion that a Loss of Institutional Control (LOIC) finding will be levied. Further, I have been told that the NCAA has interviewed kids that signed with Ole Miss this year. If that's true, the NCAA investigation spans nearly a decade. Nothing, I repeat NOTHING, about this investigation is minor. Academic fraud and recruiting violations that implicate multiple sports staffs, spanning nearly a decade, that have already resulted in an 8-year show cause for a former Associate Athletics Director is horrible news.

Gentlemen, grab your popcorn. Should make for an interesting offseason.

I have heard the exact same thing as well.

RezDawg
02-08-2016, 10:57 AM
NOA are not that bad after all? This whole 2nd NOA theory makes ZERO sense. Come on.

Just be pissed that Ole Miss and Hugh got away with murder to build their program. Now, they can play it semi-clean. We should have been doing the same thing.

We truly are a pathetic fanbase.

Coach007
02-08-2016, 10:57 AM
It's been known for some time that they would get 2. What is new is the time frame. Everybody was think the 2nd would come towards the end of the year.

Tbonewannabe
02-08-2016, 11:00 AM
Well, I guess if the penalties were lessened by firing the coach and staff they would fire them, but what would they do if they found out the penalties would be the same regardless of what they did? Would they fire their best coach in 30 years? Knowing UM folks, I just don't know if they would. Of course I don't know much at all about show cause penalties and such.

Would he be their best coach in 30 years without cheating his ass off to get top recruiting classes? I don't think Bucky is any better than Nutt or Cutcliffe but he just has multiple first round talent. Does anyone think Tunsil, Treadwell, and Kimdeeche would have not been a first round pick if they went anywhere else? I don't think Bucky developed any of them at all. None of them look any different than their freshman year.

RezDawg
02-08-2016, 11:05 AM
It doesn't make any sense. Who has reported there is going to be a 2nd NOA? I don't think even Rosebowl reported that. What y'all are missing is that the NCAA is not made up of brilliant people, much less reasonably bright legal minds. If you are bright and successful, you move on after a short stay working at the NCAA. Investigators are significantly underpaid and undervalued. There is no massive setup scheme by the NCAA to hammer Ole Miss. What's more likely is that Ole Miss is funneling payments to the folks camped out in Oxford. Nothing major will come of this.

And holy shit, I hope I'm wrong.

starkvegasdawg
02-08-2016, 11:07 AM
It doesn't make any sense. Who has reported there is going to be a 2nd NOA? I don't think even Rosebowl reported that. What y'all are missing is that the NCAA is not made up of brilliant people, much less reasonably bright legal minds. If you are bright and successful, you move on after a short stay working at the NCAA. Investigators are significantly underpaid and undervalued. There is no massive setup scheme by the NCAA to hammer Ole Miss. What's more likely is that Ole Miss is funneling payments to the folks camped out in Oxford. Nothing major will come of this.

The NYT is just one of many outlets reporting two investigations.

BossDawg
02-08-2016, 11:07 AM

Not nearly as pathetic as those desperate crybabies are. Remember when they hired private investigators to take down Sherrill? Remember when they sent out death threats to Archie when Peyton committed to TN? Ever notice how infatuated they are with State and how they turn into elitist, spoiled 13 year old girls when we don't believe their crap? Nearly all of their boosters are borderline pedophiles, too. They would wait in line for hours to get a golden shower from a 17 year old 5 star teenager if it meant he would sign with UM, and they would gladly pay for it with cash that could feed his family. They worship recruits. It's a twisted priority that appears to have backfired on them.

No, THEY are a truly pathetic fanbase.

Mjoelner34
02-08-2016, 11:09 AM

Actually, Rosebowl said there were going to be 2 before the first one ever came out. I heard this the week before Christmas. He just never speculated on a date that the second one would come out.

MadDawg
02-08-2016, 11:10 AM
NOA are not that bad after all? This whole 2nd NOA theory makes ZERO sense. Come on.

Just be pissed that Ole Miss and Hugh got away with murder to build their program. Now, they can play it semi-clean. We should have been doing the same thing.

Despite the chance that I might be agreeing with a troll here, I have to say this worries me as well. To anyone that doesn't have any type of inside knowledge of what is going on with these investigations, the whole notion of a 2nd letter, and the unprecedented-ness of it, just sounds like our side hedging their bets that the letter/investigation out there right now really is as the bears are characterizing it.

starkvegasdawg
02-08-2016, 11:10 AM
Do I smell bear shit?

Coach007
02-08-2016, 11:16 AM
Yes you do...

Technetium
02-08-2016, 11:16 AM
The inconsistency that I see is this: Bjork and company have claimed that the 5-10 football allegations in this first letter include Tunsil's issues. Why would those allegations be in a pre-2013 NOA and not in the upcoming post-2013 NOA?

I hope you guys are right about the damning second letter, especially if this new information is correct. Had some friends at work ask me last week how happy I was to see TSUN receive an NOA. I told them they haven't seen anything yet, just wait for round 2.

Coach007
02-08-2016, 11:18 AM
Despite the chance that I might be agreeing with a troll here, I have to say this worries me as well. To anyone that doesn't have any type of inside knowledge of what is going on with these investigations, the whole notion of a 2nd letter, and the unprecedented-ness of it, just sounds like our side hedging their bets that the letter/investigation out there right now really is as the bears are characterizing it.

Research the UNC issue. The NCAA got notice that there were other issues and still gave UNC a slight pop while they continued to investigate.

Really Clark?
02-08-2016, 11:19 AM

The NCAA has done this before. With Tenn recently. As they were filing the NOA on Pearl they uncovered football violations. They decided to handle it seperately instead of combining the two. Although it was a clearer case of seperation.

BossDawg
02-08-2016, 11:20 AM

I don't think so. I believe the second NOA is more recent allegations from basically a separate investigation. The first has more to do with older allegations whereas the second one focuses on allegations the Tunsil incident and other recent incidents uncovered, and I wonder if this whole restructuring of NCAA penalties has something to do with it, too.

RougeDawg
02-08-2016, 11:48 AM

I smell bear shit. Anyone else???

Ralph
02-08-2016, 11:50 AM
deleted

sandwolf
02-08-2016, 12:02 PM
I don't think even Rosebowl reported that.

Yes, he has.

ETA - Also, regarding the NOA that they have already received, he is saying that he expects around 12 of the 30 allegations to be football related.

JDog13
02-08-2016, 12:04 PM
I smell bear shit. Anyone else???

Smells like roses from Hugh's ass to me.

Political Hack
02-08-2016, 12:23 PM
I haven't heard the 13 number. I could see how he could say "up to 13 or so" but I anticipate 5-10 being football related in the first letter and only one of them being related to Tunsil under the current staff. The 2nd letter I would anticipate being completely football and all under the current staff. It's my opinion that the first one will be bad and the second one will be much, much worse. How anyone could construe this as "good news for the Bears" is beyond me. That's some Yancy level spinning there.

Tripp McNeely
02-08-2016, 12:42 PM

NBC Sports as well

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/29/report-ole-miss-receives-notice-of-allegations/

notsofarawaydawg
02-08-2016, 12:49 PM
If you're reading this, you're the resistance.

I am the resistance and looks like the portal at UNMs football stadium will soon be white/grey and neutralized.

RougeDawg
02-08-2016, 01:10 PM
I haven't heard the 13 number. I could see how he could say "up to 13 or so" but I anticipate 5-10 being football related in the first letter and only one of them being related to Tunsil under the current staff. The 2nd letter I would anticipate being completely football and all under the current staff. It's my opinion that the first one will be bad and the second one will be much, much worse. How anyone could construe this as "good news for the Bears" is beyond me. That's some Yancy level spinning there.

There could possibly be more than 2. I personally know of 3 recent signees that other programs have turned in information to the NCAA regarding last week's class. There is no way possible the NCAA is able to look into this year's accusations to include in 2nd letter. These letters may just become the norm for them if they keep flipping the NCAA the bird.

Political Hack
02-08-2016, 01:18 PM
There could possibly be more than 2. I personally know of 3 recent signees that other programs have turned in information to the NCAA regarding last week's class. There is no way possible the NCAA is able to look into this year's accusations to include in 2nd letter. These letters may just become the norm for them if they keep flipping the NCAA the bird.

I don't know when the time table for "repeat offender" starts but I imagine it would be after probation is handed down. However, the potential for "pattern of willful violations" would seemingly be squarely in play with 2 NOA's. If they get popped for this year's class too, it would be the most epic failure in the history of college recruiting scandals.

Bully13
02-08-2016, 01:20 PM
Rezdogs shits gittin old

JoseBrown
02-08-2016, 04:43 PM

As well as the AP....

Bully13
02-08-2016, 05:00 PM
So every major news outlet across the country is reporting this except the CL while confed nation continues to deny it? Laughable but it also has some type of creepy side to it as well. Tsun is a strange bunch.

MSUDawg99
02-08-2016, 05:50 PM
Rosebowl had a great podcast today where he talked about some of this. http://www.bulldogsportsradio.com/episode/10719/the-boneyard-breaking-down-the-signing-day-rankings/

Noxdog
02-08-2016, 10:36 PM
Rosebowl had a great podcast today where he talked about some of this. http://www.bulldogsportsradio.com/episode/10719/the-boneyard-breaking-down-the-signing-day-rankings/

CLIFF NOTES?

Reason2succeed
02-08-2016, 10:41 PM
Since all the rebels are here getting their news regarding their NCAA NOA from the most accurate and trusted OM news source, Elitedawgs, I would just like to say welcome and CLICK AN AD!!!!

SheltonChoked
02-09-2016, 08:40 AM
If everyone gets a show cause, Ole Miss has no choice but to fire him. We they could still pay him, but he couldn't coach.

The real H-bomb would be to show cause everyone. Coaches, and AD's

Political Hack
02-09-2016, 09:57 AM
If everyone gets a show cause, Ole Miss has no choice but to fire him. We they could still pay him, but he couldn't coach.

The real H-bomb would be to show cause everyone. Coaches, and AD's

That would potentially be worse than the death penalty. I suppose since a former AD was involved that wouldn't necessarily be off the table.

Where'sWaldo
02-09-2016, 11:37 PM
The problem with the whole second letter theory is the fact that the Tunsil violations would not have been included on the original NOA if there was a 2nd NOA coming. That wouldn't make sense.

starkvegasdawg
02-09-2016, 11:48 PM
Why? There's rumored to be plenty more for a second NOA. The fact that the investigation is ongoing tells you there's more. If they were done and no more charges pending then Th investigation would not be ongoing. There's still this entire recruiting class to wade through plus the kimcheech stuff.

Technetium
02-09-2016, 11:50 PM
The problem with the whole second letter theory is the fact that the Tunsil violations would not have been included on the original NOA if there was a 2nd NOA coming. That wouldn't make sense.

At least if the letters are separated by the dates of the violations. That's my biggest problem with the 2nd letter rumors; there is no obvious separation of the allegations since both Tunsil and Saunders seem to be mentioned in this first NOA.

Coach34
02-09-2016, 11:50 PM
every article now says the investigation is still ongoing. If it was over- it would say so and is just waiting on the OM response to the allegations.

yjnkdawg
02-09-2016, 11:58 PM

If there is still an ongoing investigation, as has been indicated and appears obviously there is one, and if the Tunsil's investigation has been completed, then why couldn't his violations be in the first NOA?

Technetium
02-09-2016, 11:59 PM
I completely agree that the investigation is ongoing. The question isn't whether they are still investigating TSUN, it's whether they already have material that will be part of a 2nd letter (and apparently purposely part of a 2nd letter instead of included in the first NOA). If they have proof of additional allegations, rather than simply still investigating to look for more, why are they waiting to release the info in a 2nd letter? The prevailing theories dealt with the NCAA rules change on how much the staff is to blame (aka, pre- and post-2013 or whenever) or the separation of academic vs other violations, but since Saunders and Tunsil are supposedly mentioned in this first NOA, neither seem like a satisfactory argument.

Really Clark?
02-09-2016, 11:59 PM
Y'all have to understand that Tunsil, and Hampton for that matter which should be also included at the same time, are eligibility issues of players already on the team. Those violations are different than actual staff violations which also have different guidlines now. So a separate investigation could overlap the years if the second investigation is centering around the staff and rouge boosters with violations concerning impermissible benefits for recruiting. That would be under the newer guidlines that puts much more emphasis on the head coach controlling the program. Show cause along with LOIC would surround that program with a black cloud.