PDA

View Full Version : Safety

messageboardsuperhero
08-11-2013, 04:11 PM
This is a position I have some questions about. The cupboard isn't bare or anything, but we need some guy to step up.

I really expect Nickoe to have a bounce back year and play like he did in '11. Nickoe had a really good Gator Bowl, and I love hearing about Collins letting him loose at the LOS more. Hopefully he'll play a Troy Polamalu type of role this year.

Jay Hughes should be solid at the other safety. He's the smartest guy in the secondary, but are his physical tools good enough? I tend to think so. He made some nice plays last year, so expect him to improve more this year.

Market and Arrington should be solid back-ups, because they can play multiple positions. I'd really love to see Arrington play to his potential.

What about Kivon Coman? I haven't heard much out of him yet. Will he be a safety or a CB?

I'm glad coaches seem to have confidence in these guys though. Cox playing CB instead of safety says a lot to me about what the coaches think about the players that are already here.

msstate7
08-11-2013, 04:14 PM
I wish we were playing cox at safety. I picture him as a ball hawking safety that can cover

messageboardsuperhero
08-11-2013, 04:21 PM
Yeah, I do agree with that. Cox would make a great safety, and it seems like we have more depth at CB anyway. I think he'd probably be more valuable to us there.

I was just saying that if the coaches have him at corner, you'd think they have some confidence in the guys already at safety.

Bothrops
08-11-2013, 07:32 PM
I'm thinking Market will have good year. Does anyone have a feel on Antione? How has he been in practice?

messageboardsuperhero
08-11-2013, 07:44 PM
I had totally forgotten about Antione. I think he'll be a really good S/LB hybrid, in the mold of Matt Wells. He bring the wood though; that's for sure.