PDA

View Full Version : Archie Manning perfect reputation

paco
02-07-2016, 03:34 PM
will take a hit once sanctions are public. Archie knows everything that goes on in the Ole Miss football office. Archie will be exposed as 'dirty' for the first time. Although Buckey Freeze was Archie's second choice (Fedora was offered but wanted a few days to seal the UNC job - didn't get the extra time), we all know that Archie supports Freeze in all that he does. What a shame to waste such a good reputation on Academic Fraud and paying players.

BeastMan
02-07-2016, 03:36 PM
I have absolutely no inside knowledge but I seriously doubt Archie Manning would be involved in anything. I'd bet my house on it.

Coursesuper
02-07-2016, 03:41 PM
I have absolutely no inside knowledge but I seriously doubt Archie Manning would be involved in anything. I'd bet my house on it.

You better get ready for that double wide then, because while I doubt they can tie anything to him he is all up in this shat.

AlmostPositive
02-07-2016, 03:48 PM
I've changed my opinion of Archie as well. I have had a few dealings with him in the past and always found him to be honorable. But he was behind bringing Freeze on board, and his friendship with Dickie Scruggs does not look good from here.

maroonmania
02-07-2016, 03:54 PM
You better get ready for that double wide then, because while I doubt they can tie anything to him he is all up in this shat.

While I have ZERO doubt that Archie knows about all that is going on and supports it where necessary I'm sure he is smart enough to avoid any direct involvement that would tarnish him.

State82
02-07-2016, 03:57 PM
While I have ZERO doubt that Archie knows about all that is going on and supports it where necessary I'm sure he is smart enough to avoid any direct involvement that would tarnish him.

With regard to 'ol Arch, my guess is this is the most accurate.

Dawgowar
02-07-2016, 03:59 PM
I am not naive, but I do hope he is not implicated. People always seem to reserve the right to do something stupid no matter where they are in life. Hope he is an exception.

Political Hack
02-07-2016, 04:00 PM
Archie doesn't have to get involved with this stuff. They have plenty of other people willing to do that without exposing Archie to something like that. Would be a new level of dumb to involve him in any way in anything close to what's been going on there. Zero chance. I never say never, but yeah... Never.

CadaverDawg
02-07-2016, 04:03 PM
Archie was in on the organization of the "Network" and the long term plan that lead to where they are today and going forward. He is much like Freeze in that they both are an integral part of not only the day to day operations, but the overall orchestration of the entire Network itself. But they both allow others to do the dirty work while they maintain plausible deniability. But orchestrating a crime and then turning your back while the guys you pay to do it commit said crime, still makes you just as guilty.

paco
02-07-2016, 04:06 PM
Archie doesn't have to get involved with this stuff. They have plenty of other people willing to do that without exposing Archie to something like that. Would be a new level of dumb to involve him in any way in anything close to what's been going on there. Zero chance. I never say never, but yeah... Never.

I seriously doubt Archie would ever be caught too close to the actions of his people. What I am saying is that we all know that Archie knows what has been going on. As the face of Ole Miss, Archie should be held accountable. I'm told Scruggs is the main person behind the money. If Scruggs will bribe a judge, I have no doubt he'll buy players.

Dawgowar
Well, when this breaks I hope it is on Shep's shift at Fox. Would love to see him having to announce it.

BeastMan

This

Coursesuper
02-07-2016, 04:09 PM
I am not naive, but I do hope he is not implicated. People always seem to reserve the right to do something stupid no matter where they are in life. Hope he is an exception.

17 that SOB he will do everything he can to step on our pecker he possibly can. He can suck donkey balls.

Dawgface
02-07-2016, 04:13 PM

Agree. Can't see Archie taking a hit on this.

Dawgowar
02-07-2016, 04:17 PM
Conversely Pat Dye was proven corrupt as the day is long but it does not stop every network and radio station covering the SEC from slobbering all over his crotch when they have him on. Hasn't hurt him one bit. Archie would walk through this untarnished even if found to be the mastermind. Frankly his legacy isn't my concern. TSUN's brain trust having that moment in the movie Titanic where the ship's designer looks at the blue print and realizes they are going to sink.

Saltydog
02-07-2016, 04:55 PM
Under Armour organization?

Churchill
02-07-2016, 05:14 PM
Michael Corleone knew a lot too but......

AlmostPositive
02-07-2016, 05:20 PM
Three Egg Bowl losses in a row pushed Ole Miss over to the darkest part of the Dark side.

Archie and a couple of their trial lawyer tycoons brought in Freeze. They knew exactly what they were getting. When the whip comes down, Freeze will take the fall. That is what they're paying him for.

Coursesuper
02-07-2016, 05:28 PM
[QUOTE=AlmostPositive;501926]Three Egg Bowl losses in a row pushed Ole Miss over to the darkest part of the Dark side.

Archie and a couple of their trial lawyer tycoons brought in Freeze. They knew exactly what they were getting. When the whip comes down, Freeze will take the fall. That is what they're paying him for.[/QUOTE

A certain Nutt,e lawyer I'd the major player behind the scenes here.

lastmajordog
02-07-2016, 05:58 PM
Well, when this breaks I hope it is on Shep's shift at Fox. Would love to see him having to announce it.

NOT happening..... but he will know what time it is in oxford........

maroonmania
02-07-2016, 06:13 PM
Three Egg Bowl losses in a row pushed Ole Miss over to the darkest part of the Dark side.

Archie and a couple of their trial lawyer tycoons brought in Freeze. They knew exactly what they were getting. When the whip comes down, Freeze will take the fall. That is what they're paying him for.

The Plantation Powerbrokers go nuts anytime MSU shows any signs of being a real threat to them IN FOOTBALL (other sports are irrelevant in comparison). Happened in the late 90s and its happening now. Last time it was to hire PIs and LITERALLY get in bed with the NCAA to run Jackie out of town. This time, with the NCAA being perceived as a paper tiger whose day had passed, it was to go all in to buy whatever players were necessary to get a step ahead of us.

Todd4State
02-07-2016, 06:25 PM
The Plantation Powerbrokers go nuts anytime MSU shows any signs of being a real threat to them IN FOOTBALL (other sports are irrelevant in comparison). Happened in the late 90s and its happening now. Last time it was to hire PIs and LITERALLY get in bed with the NCAA to run Jackie out of town. This time, with the NCAA being perceived as a paper tiger whose day had passed, it was to go all in to buy whatever players were necessary to get a step ahead of us.

You hit the nail on the head here.

The biggest takeaways from it from my perception is:

1. We need to up our game in recruiting to stay ahead of Ole Miss. That does not mean cheat. That means giving 110% effort in recruiting. We have been very successful going head to head against them overall at our current level- see Simmons, Leo Lewis, Peters, etc.- if we up it we should do even better.

2. When it's all said and done Ole Miss is going to pay big time. Which is why we shouldn't cheat. If we do the best we can we will inevitably pass them again and take over while they are recovering from probation. Last time Ole Miss went on probation we went 3-8 with two first round picks in Moulds and Walt Harris. That softened the blow of their probation. We can not do that this time.

RougeDawg
02-07-2016, 07:40 PM

Archie is the ring leader. Check yourself if you believe otherwise.

dawgoneyall
02-07-2016, 08:20 PM
will take a hit once sanctions are public. Archie knows everything that goes on in the Ole Miss football office. Archie will be exposed as 'dirty' for the first time. Although Buckey Freeze was Archie's second choice (Fedora was offered but wanted a few days to seal the UNC job - didn't get the extra time), we all know that Archie supports Freeze in all that he does. What a shame to waste such a good reputation on Academic Fraud and paying players.

He most certainly knew about the Reverend's questionable involvement with coed at Briarcrest. Yet.......

RIdog
02-07-2016, 08:28 PM

"alleged bastard son" - what the hell have i missed ? Archie has a bastard son ? Do tell ?

Jack Lambert
02-07-2016, 08:45 PM
The only manning who don't suck is Peyton and that's because he had the nutts to tell ole miss to kiss his ass.

Political Hack
02-07-2016, 08:51 PM

I don't necessarily disagree with that, but he won't be connected in any way to any of this.

tcdog70
02-07-2016, 09:09 PM
Archie, will be far, far away from the stink. He is no dumb ass.

MaroonFlounder
02-07-2016, 09:23 PM
I'm thinking a lot of the dirty $$ comes from "blind side taco touhy".

AmIRight?

Saltydog
02-07-2016, 09:39 PM
Any resemblance? You be the judge......

http://i68.tinypic.com/1zlb09y.jpg

http://i67.tinypic.com/wa3rc7.jpg

TrapGame
02-07-2016, 11:07 PM
Archie is as dirty as the rest of them but he's got plausible denial. His fingerprints won't be on a damn thing. And he'll be the one to have a private meeting with Hugh to tell him he has to fall on the sword for the good of the university.

FootLongDawg
02-08-2016, 01:13 AM
This has to be the most absurd crap I've ever read. Even as a lifelong dawg, this is just ignorant.

State82
02-08-2016, 10:07 AM
This has to be the most absurd crap I've ever read. Even as a lifelong dawg, this is just ignorant.

Hmmmm

msudawg1200
02-08-2016, 10:33 AM
I'm not saying Archie didn't know what was going on, but he is way too smart to have his name connected.

paco
02-08-2016, 07:37 PM

Yes, one of is ignorant on this topic. Archie will never be implicated but I have no doubt that he has condoned illegal activities at ole miss.

CadaverDawg
02-08-2016, 08:23 PM

FootLong......Sells em, doesn't have one.

Apoplectic
02-08-2016, 08:39 PM

Get new sources bro....he's dirty but too many degress away to get implicated. My sources still dont know why he pulled himself from the CFP committee but there have been some plausible reasons. He despises anything maroon - never forget that.

EAVdog
02-08-2016, 09:23 PM
I remember one Egg Bowl where we were really getting to Eli and putting some good hits on him. Archie got on TV and bellyaches about our players being dirty and not playing football the right way yada yada yada... He showed his true colors and I've saw through the myth right then.

What you have now is the last generation of Ole Miss fans who remember them being good (albeit for only 4-5 years). We all have been around these guys, every small town has a few. Their the Dickie Scruggs generation and type of guy. They so badly want to see Ole Miss return to its rightful place one more time before they keel over for good.

StatesboroBlues
02-09-2016, 07:30 AM

He left UA maybe 2 years ago...I know it will be by football season. Works for Jimmy Sexton now...

Saltydog
02-09-2016, 09:13 AM
nt

StatesboroBlues
02-09-2016, 09:43 AM
nt

I am guessing you were trying for a witty remark?

DancingRabbit
02-09-2016, 11:48 AM
"alleged bastard son" - what the hell have i missed ? Archie has a bastard son ? Do tell ?

Could there be another one?
http://e-news.us/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/199830-thumb-338x450.jpg
Definitely got the Eli dumb-face.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2016/02/09/assault-with-a-deadly-weapon-florida-man-charged-with-throwing-live-alligator-into-wendys/