PDA

View Full Version : Tim Brando predicts 9 OM wins, and to beat one of Big 3 in West???

RougeDawg
08-11-2013, 03:29 PM
What is he smoking?

They could play this season's schedule twice and barely get to, or over 9 wins. I see the number being realistically between 4-6 wins, 5 being the more likely scenario.

Saw where he picked Louisville to win BCS. I'm beginning to think all these clowns have to throw out some far fetched off the wall prediction, just to stir up conversation and gain viewers.

hacker
08-11-2013, 03:35 PM
Tara Brando goes to Ole Miss.

bocfarm
08-11-2013, 03:41 PM
What is he smoking?

They could play this season's schedule twice and barely get to, or over 9 wins. I see the number being realistically between 4-6 wins, 5 being the more likely scenario.

Saw where he picked Louisville to win BCS. I'm beginning to think all these clowns have to throw out some far fetched off the wall prediction, just to stir up conversation and gain viewers.

Vegas has their win total at 8...makes it a tough call now...it was at 8.5 and I loved it...its also -175 if you take the under, so not a great bet without the hook imo

Coach34
08-11-2013, 04:12 PM
Vegas has their win total at 8...makes it a tough call now...it was at 8.5 and I loved it...its also -175 if you take the under, so not a great bet without the hook imo

It's not going to matter either way

Will James
08-11-2013, 04:39 PM
5.5 would be the tough call in my opinion.

Ronny
08-11-2013, 04:44 PM
..on a couple of stations you can get Brando's radio show being aired on TV.

Brando's radio show is literally a morning zoo show. Weenie and the Butt comes to mind...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ws58s9wzYsA

Then he has the predictable fat idiot in the technician's booth who he swaps corny zingers with. (As they both giggle like little girls at the stupid shit they are saying to each other).

Sometimes he will use up whole segments swapping corny zingers with his fat idiot in the technician's booth.

If you are not getting what I am saying, Brando's radio show has to be one of the most horrbile excuses for a sports radio show in America. And when you consider how bad Dan Patrick's radio show is, that's saying something.

Having said all that, even the morning zoo guy has the right to predict 8 wins for a shit team like Ole Miss.

bocfarm
08-11-2013, 04:45 PM
If they win 2 out of Aub, LSU, A&M, TX and us that's 8

It's possible

messageboardsuperhero
08-11-2013, 05:01 PM
If they win 2 out of Aub, LSU, A&M, TX and us that's 8

It's possible

So I assume you're already counting 6 automatic wins from Vandy, SEMO, Idaho, Arkansas, Troy and Mizzou?

At Vandy and vs. Mizzou should be tough games. Anyone marking Vandy as W already should probably rethink that. Arkansas isn't a sure thing either. Hell, Troy could give them some trouble. I doubt it, but you never know. I'm not as down on UM this year as some State fans, but you seem to be taking some games for granted. I sure wouldn't count some of those as a given like you seem to do.

dawgoneyall
08-11-2013, 05:16 PM
Brando has a hair follicle attached to each brain cell.

bocfarm
08-11-2013, 05:24 PM
No game is a guaranteed win but this is how I break down win totals and then determine whether or not its a good bet. First you have to be objective so that eliminates almost everyone on this board

Win Point Totals

Vandy .50
SEM 1.00
TX 0
Bama 0
Aub .50
A&M .50
LSU .50
Idaho 1.00
Ark 1.00
Troy 1.00
Mizzou 1.00
msu .50

Total 7.5

FlabLoser
08-11-2013, 05:39 PM
No way OM is 50-50 with aTm.

LSU - I dunno. They have a hell of a lot of attrition, but media are sold on them.

messageboardsuperhero
08-11-2013, 05:45 PM
Okay, so you're counting LSU as 1/2 of a win, so does that mean you think that's a 50/50 game? I wouldn't put Mizzou as a full "1" either. And again, earlier you implied Vandy as one of your six games that UM will win, but here you put them as 1/2 of a win. I just don't get what you are saying.

I really think I'm being pretty objective. UM should be solid this year, if they avoid some key injuries. I expect them to go to another bowl game, but I just wouldn't count LSU or A&M (assuming JF is playing) as toss-up games.

bocfarm
08-11-2013, 05:56 PM
Om is favored to win that game. It's at candy so I can't necessarily count it as a win but with who vandy lost (key players) vs who OM lost I think they win that one. Remember Lsu/OM last yr in Baton Rouge? And A&M last yr in Oxford those were close games so you can't say those are automatic losses nor wins.

Ark is terrible and Mizzou is even worse

I'll probably still take the under at 8 but I was simply pointing out it makes it much less attractive than when it was at 8.5 and of course I couldn't make the wager yet on my board.

CadaverDawg
08-11-2013, 06:03 PM
Om is favored to win that game. It's at candy so I can't necessarily count it as a win but with who vandy lost (key players) vs who OM lost I think they win that one. Remember Lsu/OM last yr in Baton Rouge? And A&M last yr in Oxford those were close games so you can't say those are automatic losses nor wins.

Ark is terrible and Mizzou is even worse

I'll probably still take the under at 8 but I was simply pointing out it makes it much less attractive than when it was at 8.5 and of course I couldn't make the wager yet on my board.

Are you also considering that A&M turned it over 6 times in Oxford and STILL won?

I am not saying OM won't win, but to claim it as a 50/50 game is kinda silly.

Goat Holder
08-11-2013, 06:06 PM
Brando's a joke. His radio show sucks too. All he's good for is CBS 'familiarity'. He picked Ole Miss to finish 3rd in 2009 too. He's always liked Ole Miss, and I know his daughter goes there. I really think he plays a comedic side as well, if you ever listen to his radio show, you can tell it's just goofy.

messageboardsuperhero
08-11-2013, 06:16 PM
Vandy has won three in a row and 6 of the last 8 in that series. Vandy won in Oxford last year, and they come into that game healthier. Plus, everything you can say about UM and their momentum can be said just as much about Vandy. If Vandy can replace little Rogers, that should be a good game. I could see it going either way.

I'll give you LSU as a game that should be close. Their games together are always close.

A&M on the other hand tried their damndest to give UM that game. JF was bouncing balls off his knees, throwing the ball right at guys, etc. This was before JF really got it going down the stretch too. I don't even remember how many turnovers A&M had, and most of them were total giveaways. That was by far the worst game A&M played all year, and they still won in Oxford. I know it's in Oxford again, but I just don't see another performance like that from Manziel. Remember, when A&M wasn't handing UM the ball, their offense was totally moving at will.

At the end of the day, if UM wins nine games, I would be absolutely beyond shocked. That's what this thread was started about anyway.

Radddawg
08-11-2013, 06:34 PM
I'm hoping like hell OM comes in to the Egg Bowl at 5-6 and not 6-5.... Mullen and our guys are gonna roll their asses on Thanksgiving Night.

CadaverDawg
08-11-2013, 06:36 PM
I'm hoping like hell OM comes in to the Egg Bowl at 5-6 and not 6-5.... Mullen and our guys are gonna roll their asses on Thanksgiving Night.

Like this guy^

Goat Holder
08-11-2013, 06:53 PM
I think we will too, barring some unforeseen catastrophe like they suffered in 2010 (Jax State and the accompanying death spiral), after we had beaten them down in that upset in 2009. Shit happens in cycles, any idiot could see that game last November coming, from 2 months away. They'd have been just as fired up if they were 4-7 coming into it too.

We've got better talent than them. Put ANY pressure at all on Wallace last year and we may pull it out, even with an off night from our offense. Well, maybe not. I just can't tell what those fools are going to do. Have a Mullen-esque sophomore season? Or just another 5-6 win campaign? I'm voting for the latter.

Political Hack
08-11-2013, 07:54 PM
OM will be fortunate to split with Vandy and Mizzu.

msstate7
08-11-2013, 08:00 PM
OM will be fortunate to split with Vandy and Mizzu.

I think so too. OM better find a way to beat vandy or it could get ugly

RougeDawg
08-12-2013, 01:38 AM
No game is a guaranteed win but this is how I break down win totals and then determine whether or not its a good bet. First you have to be objective so that eliminates almost everyone on this board

Win Point Totals

Vandy .50
SEM 1.00
TX 0
Bama 0
Aub .50
A&M .50
LSU .50
Idaho 1.00
Ark 1.00
Troy 1.00
Mizzou 1.00
msu .50

Total 7.5

Only locks are SEM and Idaho 2 pts. 0's are Bama, A&M, TX. Still 2 pts. remaining 7 at 0.5. Troy is good. Ark, Aub, and a healthy Mizzou aren't definite wins. EB in Starkville against a more talented State team. 5.5 total pts.

hacker
08-12-2013, 10:08 AM
Brando has a hair follicle attached to each brain cell.

hahhahaha, that's hilarious

bocfarm
08-12-2013, 10:15 AM
Only locks are SEM and Idaho 2 pts. 0's are Bama, A&M, TX. Still 2 pts. remaining 7 at 0.5. Troy is good. Ark, Aub, and a healthy Mizzou aren't definite wins. EB in Starkville against a more talented State team. 5.5 total pts.

Then bet on it..don't be a *****

RougeDawg
08-12-2013, 10:20 AM
Then bet on it..don't be a *****

Enjoy 2010, chapter 2.

Jack Lambert
08-12-2013, 10:38 AM
You need to figure in major injuries. They were lucky last season and I don't think they will be this year. They are basically one injury on offense from being a four win team. If that one player doesn't get hurt it will only take two others to put them in the five win catergory.