PDA

View Full Version : #1 overall recruit (Gary) offered incentives

msstate7
02-06-2016, 09:00 PM
http://247sports.com/Bolt/Jim-Hackett-Rashan-Gary-offered-incentives-during-recruitment-43471333

Obviously he'll be interviewed by the ncaa. Hopefully he says it was om and auburn too

BayouDawg
02-06-2016, 09:04 PM
They just don't know when to stop do they? its no secret that bears don't live in reality, but damn this is on another level of idiocy even for them

Commercecomet24
02-06-2016, 09:09 PM
That place is a cesspool. I wouldn't be surprised at anything that comes out about that place. It's like from some movie or something.

cheewgumm
02-06-2016, 09:12 PM
"To see what's in front of ones nose needs constant struggle"

- Orwell

BossDawg
02-06-2016, 09:18 PM
http://247sports.com/Bolt/Jim-Hackett-Rashan-Gary-offered-incentives-during-recruitment-43471333

Obviously he'll be interviewed by the ncaa. Hopefully he says it was om and auburn too

Oh my....I can't count how many times I've heard that UM pays recruits just to visit, and I see where he took an OV to Oxford, soooooo. You know as desperate as UM is for these high profile recruits (ESPECIALLY a #1 recruit), there's no telling what they tried to shove in his pockets while in Oxford.

cheewgumm
02-06-2016, 09:22 PM
The question is does the NCAA interview him or care to find out.

I'll never underestimate the laziness and incompetence of most people at their job. No reason to think that does not apply to the NCAA.

msstate7
02-06-2016, 09:23 PM

I'll never underestimate the laziness and incompetence of most people at their job. No reason to think that does not apply to the NCAA.

After the Scarborough deal, I can't imagine the ncaa not interviewing Gary

defiantdog
02-06-2016, 09:42 PM
This could get ugly especially if recruits start talking

missouridawg
02-06-2016, 10:00 PM
CeCe Jefferson got a backpack last year too.

Really Clark?
02-06-2016, 10:00 PM
Remember the rumor going around a month to 6 weeks ago that a recruit let out what he was offered. I know it was reported on here and other sites. There was a lot of speculation that Little let something slip. Maybe we should have been looking at someone not committed to them at the time.

Spiderman
02-06-2016, 10:14 PM

Yep, if they interview Ricky Seals-Jones, and he tells the truth, it's another nail in the coffin.

But they will never do it.

cheewgumm
02-06-2016, 10:18 PM
So 3 for sure.... 1) the recruit this year, 2) no Scarborough and 3) Ricky seals jones.

Would assume the NCAA knows this.

Is that accurate?

msstate7
02-06-2016, 10:21 PM
So 3 for sure.... 1) the recruit this year, 2) no Scarborough and 3) Ricky seals jones.

Would assume the NCAA knows this.

Is that accurate?
Not sure Gary told on om. RSJ hasn't been interviewed to my knowledge. Bo has been suspended for receiving handout from om.

CadaverDawg
02-06-2016, 10:37 PM
If they made them bulldoze the entire city of Oxford, I'd still want the punishment to be worse...so burn it down, NCAA. Burn that son of a bitch to the ground.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-06-2016, 10:39 PM
Greg Little wasn't shy in letting his package plan be known at the All Star game.

msstate7
02-06-2016, 10:40 PM
Greg Little wasn't shy in letting his package plan be known at the All Star game.

Any numbers?

AlSwearengen
02-06-2016, 10:47 PM
Who is Greg little?

msstate7
02-06-2016, 10:48 PM
Who is Greg little?

OM's new LT

HaggardDawg
02-06-2016, 10:50 PM
I'm telling you. I heard from a credible source that $3,000,000 was spent on this recruiting class for OM. Also hearing Touhy is the bagman and not in some rogue booster sort of way. Like he's has a set of keys to the athletic department.

Liverpooldawg
02-06-2016, 10:54 PM

If you have ever really looked at what did SMU in, this is the kind of stuff that did it. It's when they went national and got out of their footprint.

TrapGame
02-06-2016, 10:58 PM

I hope the rumors are true about A&M turning them in over Little.

Billy Ray Valentine
02-06-2016, 11:00 PM
I'm telling you. I heard from a credible source that $3,000,000 was spent on this recruiting class for OM. Also hearing Touhy is the bagman and not in some rogue booster sort of way. Like he's has a set of keys to the athletic department.

They are the dirtiest program in the country and possibly in the history of college football

Thompson92
02-06-2016, 11:59 PM
This might be a dumb question, but: Once these guys get to the NFL, what incentive do they have to stay quiet? Other than the loyalty to a truly special university that made them into men, obviously?** Reggie Bush might have lost his Heisman, but he seems to be doing okay. It's a few years away for some of these guys, just something I thought about.

Bdawg
02-07-2016, 12:15 AM

Not saying your wrong, but I just can't fathom that kind of money being spent on players. Are you saying that total was spent illegally or that was just the cost of the whole recruiting season plus illegal benefits?

ShotgunDawg
02-07-2016, 12:18 AM

So, in a roundabout way, what was Little's package?

Homedawg
02-07-2016, 12:28 AM
Here's a fact. Sabah thought he had little. He had a great personal relationship w him. Next thing you know, Jed's a millionaire and little is a rebel....you figure it out.

Brahmabull
02-07-2016, 01:37 AM
It was known throughtout Texas that Little would go to highest bidder. TCU and Baylor play the game hard and they couldn't get him. The "network" had $3.5M for this year. Don't know if they spent all or not.

JohnnyQuid
02-07-2016, 01:47 AM
So, in a roundabout way, what was Little's package?

curious also

Coach34
02-07-2016, 01:50 AM
They just had their meeting for next year's targets the other night

Bothrops
02-07-2016, 02:55 AM
When highly coveted kids that live in other parts of the country are making a bee line to Oxford MS to sign up, the rest should be common sense. These kids wouldn't know where to look for Oxford on a state map.

HailState39110
02-07-2016, 07:56 AM
If you look at the other schools other than Michigan that Gary was considering - Clemson, Auburn, and Ole Miss - all 3 of those schools really get in the mud when recruiting . In fact I would venture to say all 3 offered incentives .

Do traditional powers like Ohio St and Bama cheat ? Yes they do but not as bad. They don't have to cheat as much because kids actually want to go there because of the winning , the rich tradition , and track record of getting kids to the next level. Do we cheat ? Sure we do, but if you look at the level to which most schools cheat and what OM is doing , it is taking it to a whole other level. That's why you continually hear whispers that Auburn and Ole Miss are by far the two dirtiest programs in the SEC. They are not blue blood programs that try everything they can to be viewed as one .

Schultzy
02-07-2016, 08:29 AM
Didn't Gary's mom have a bad experience on their official? They usually don't rat schools out as to not mess things up for their peers but if mom got insulted enough she might just sing.

maroonmania
02-07-2016, 08:47 AM
Maybe its just me, but when a guy like AJ Brown signs with UNM and then makes comments that we didn't make him feel nearly as "wanted", my mind immediately goes to thinking that he was offered enough incentives to make him feel wanted up on the Plantation. Apparently even enough to make him feel more wanted there than in T-Town. Whatever we were offering obviously wasn't enough to make him feel special.

Seriously, if the NCAA doesn't slam the Bears hard I'm almost to the point to where I would be OK if they just did away with all NCAA rules on improper benefits in recruiting. You are already at a disadvantage recruiting by the rules and if they are not going to do anything to a school like UNM that has absolutely gone rogue, then just be done with it. It would absolutely be more fair to everyone to just say anything goes. That way whatever school "wants" a particular kid the most can get him without worry that they will be selectively punished by the NCAA while other schools cheat their asses off with no consequences. Its getting to the point now that the biggest thing in recruiting is how well you can cheat without leaving a trail.

Jack Lambert
02-07-2016, 08:49 AM
That place is a cesspool. I wouldn't be surprised at anything that comes out about that place. It's like from some movie or something.

Their AD, their President knows and they went all in this season to load up.

PassInterference
02-07-2016, 08:53 AM
Even Ole Miss has limits to the payroll. They made a big splash in 2016 because the 2013 bigs moved on and left the payroll.

Reason2succeed
02-07-2016, 09:01 AM
Hey, to someone adept on legal matter, would it be possible for State to sue the NCAA if OM isn't severely punished. If they are breaking written rules and taking players that may have otherwise come here and the NCAA with an abundance of evidence does not do their due diligence couldn't a case be made for negligence. I know it's an extreme measure but either the NCAA needs to do their job or we just need to start playing the game dirty with OM.

Spiderman
02-07-2016, 09:09 AM
If you look at the other schools other than Michigan that Gary was considering - Clemson, Auburn, and Ole Miss - all 3 of those schools really get in the mud when recruiting . In fact I would venture to say all 3 offered incentives .

Do traditional powers like Ohio St and Bama cheat ? Yes they do but not as bad. They don't have to cheat as much because kids actually want to go there because of the winning , the rich tradition , and track record of getting kids to the next level. Do we cheat ? Sure we do, but if you look at the level to which most schools cheat and what OM is doing , it is taking it to a whole other level. That's why you continually hear whispers that Auburn and Ole Miss are by far the two dirtiest programs in the SEC. They are not blue blood programs that try everything they can to be viewed as one .

Auburn is a SEC blue blood compared to Ole Miss, and are a hell of a lot more known nationally.

Political Hack
02-07-2016, 09:11 AM
Hey, to someone adept on legal matter, would it be possible for State to sue the NCAA if OM isn't severely punished. If they are breaking written rules and taking players that may have otherwise come here and the NCAA with an abundance of evidence does not do their due diligence couldn't a case be made for negligence. I know it's an extreme measure but either the NCAA needs to do their job or we just need to start playing the game dirty with OM.

You can sue anything for damn near anything. State would have standing for a suit like that, but they'd really have to be ready to ruffle some feathers. Good news is that I don't think there's going to be a need for that.

maroonmania
02-07-2016, 09:21 AM

The problem with that is its almost like the old 'let he who is without sin cast the first stone'. There really probably isn't a school in big time college football that is perfectly clean. Otherwise, in this day and age, you've sentenced yourself to absolutely not being able to compete at all. But not all are just throwing around wads of cash like they are Daddy Warbucks either.

PassInterference
02-07-2016, 09:22 AM
You can sue anything for damn near anything. State would have standing for a suit like that, but they'd really have to be ready to ruffle some feathers. Good news is that I don't think there's going to be a need for that.

Second, the last time we turned someone in it didn't end well for us. Just my speculation, but I think our last probabtion had more to do with Cam Newton than anybody on our football team.

The few times the SEC commish spoke on the Cam Newton situation, he was neutral on Auburn while he publicly scolded Mississippi State.

HailState39110
02-07-2016, 09:57 AM
Auburn is a SEC blue blood compared to Ole Miss, and are a hell of a lot more known nationally.

true . I think Auburn is a little different because they are known nationally a lot more than OM. The reason their cheating is right up there with OM is because they have to do everything in their power to try and keep up with Alabama . It is the little brother deal with them .

Very similar to Duke basketball . If you talked to Duke basketball fans they will tell you the only reason they committed so much to basketball way back when is because they had to try and keep up with North Carolina . In the end it elevated both programs .